[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

3 hours ago, NataliaMedella said:

Exactly, same here. I put everything on hold, there’s no space for anything else in my head.

Me three, in reply to NatalieMedella and BreezeC. 

My reaction is so strong, I have to make the effort to pull myself away to recover a little. Every time I see them on screen together I become this screaming girl. And I'm a grown woman :sweatingbullets:

But every part of the series is just as gripping and engaging, I'm re-reading again just to recall all the other plot lines and details. 

On 7/27/2019 at 2:21 AM, NEVERending said:

Yes guardian pulled through as they were subtle and the untamed is also subtle! As long as it keeps this way, fingers crossed it airs throughout.

and yes fans have started to paint WWZ and LZ in really compromising positions on Instagram. Hope it stays out of sight 

Also the fact that this drama is historical may give some leeway as in modern dramas their can expect there to be BL but probably won’t have the same expectation for historical

We have 20 episodes to go, give or take the vip.

The reason i want this to be successful is because the author's thrid drama, which is equally exciting is also up for live action.. that would be another epic tale

2 minutes ago, NataliaMedella said:

But on the report of the two side stories, I don’t know, but I got the feeling they won’t release it... 

Okay me too. Hopefully, they release it

First time I see the news that the novel would get live drama adaption, I have reservation about it and low expectation. I was fresh from two drama adaptation that quite butchered the original: The Legend (for its awful ending) and Fight Break Sphere (I can no longer recognize this drama as an adaptation). Plus, I see that we would have idol casted as two main lead (I was thinking that Wang Yi Bo was too young for this role), so acting wise I was afraid of what I would see. Moreover, I have seen drama adapted from BL novel that show two awkward actors on screen (painful for my eyes).

Watching first 2 episodes, I was pleasantly surprised. The acting is good enough (even though there are rooms for improvement) and there was undeniable chemistry there. And that chemistry was enough to carry the show.

Honestly, I think the drama would make Wei Wu Xian and Lan Wang Ji go separate ways in the end (if they go together like in the novel, it would be too ..... ).

This director is totally wangxian shipper lol. I don’t mind the piggyback too, I think we are well fed with this drama, those eyeglances... -.-

I read the novel before the drama, so I thought it wouldn’t be as good, but actually I think I like the drama even more. I know we aren’t having the smut scenes, or the kiss, but XZ and YB chemistry screams, and I like they added some more backstory, I like JL and ZX scenes, the WX and YB yin metal hunting in the past, the fact that WWX is aware that he likes LZ maybe more than just friends.

The only think I didn’t agree is that they changed WWX demoniac cultivation. I mean, he did created the demonic path, it wasn’t some Xue Yang ancestor. And I also like they got JC love and jealousy for WWX right...

• Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, shuwei said:

omg imagine if the director insisted and they had to bring in wires...the humiliation for WYB lol

but ngl I am one of the few that prefers piggyback to bridal carry cos I love backhugs

ya... fans were waiting for that peisode.. in book LWJ princess carries WX :P

ah! yibo and his upper body strength failed us :(

1 hour ago, xienrue said:

First time I see the news that the novel would get live drama adaption, I have reservation about it and low expectation. I was fresh from two drama adaptation that quite butchered the original: The Legend (for its awful ending) and Fight Break Sphere (I can no longer recognize this drama as an adaptation). Plus, I see that we would have idol casted as two main lead (I was thinking that Wang Yi Bo was too young for this role), so acting wise I was afraid of what I would see. Moreover, I have seen drama adapted from BL novel that show two awkward actors on screen (painful for my eyes).

Watching first 2 episodes, I was pleasantly surprised. The acting is good enough (even though there are rooms for improvement) and there was undeniable chemistry there. And that chemistry was enough to carry the show.

Honestly, I think the drama would make Wei Wu Xian and Lan Wang Ji go separate ways in the end (if they go together like in the novel, it would be too ..... ).

I don't know why people are saying open ending or won't end up together..

The last scene in the novel is them passing riding away..

Ah yuan comes hugs them, WN tells WX he will also leave and that WX should go with LWJ.. and THAT's it.. that is the end..

because after this and the actual ending we basically have romantic and smut.. kisses and WX's virginity being take away.. WHICH obviously drama can't show..

so for the drama logical ending, if following the book, is them riding away..

WHICH IS EXACTLY what the mountain peak scene is.. with LWJ and WX and donkey.. 

I would surmise that ending would be sthg on lines of "let's see where our destiny takes us.. yada yada.. for now we go together  .. ".. or end it with "let's go night hunting"

( in fact in one of the scenes, WX is with donkey in background.. i think it is the same mountain top scene.. WJ is facing another direction, he stops and turns back towards WX = All screams book ending)

2 hours ago, NataliaMedella said:

But on the report of the two side stories, I don’t know, but I got the feeling they won’t release it... 

lol.. but i think those two side stories might be

1.Extra chapter where they are trying to get rid of the ghost -> this in drama language would be them together after all the drama, nighthunting happily

2. If they venture away from book , i'd guess LWJ's perspective while WX was missing OR if they want to be with the book then one of the extra chapters of WX being teacher to the students :P.. lan banquet accepting him in their clan as a "Teacher" :P

• Like 1

The author give so much space for a new story in novel...

Spoiler

We have NHS emerging as manipulative genius, the juniors hunting with Wen Ning, JC and WWX actually didn’t come to good terms by the end of the novel, Stygian Amulet wasn’t destroyed...

I wouldn’t be surprised that with the success of this drama the team would give us a second part.

7 hours ago, shuwei said:

omg imagine if the director insisted and they had to bring in wires...the humiliation for WYB lol

but ngl I am one of the few that prefers piggyback to bridal carry cos I love backhugs

LOL that's hilarious, oh yibo :lol:. this reminds me of the 3L3W BTS when one of the actors, Vengo, was struggling to pick up one of the actresses, Reba.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, moon-flower said:

LOL that's hilarious, oh yibo :lol:. this reminds me of the 3L3W BTS when one of the actors, Vengo, was struggling to pick up one of the actresses, Reba.

Nope. He just had to wear her around quite long. When you see the BTS you can really feel his pain. Some thought the director was picking on him since he let him repeat that scence so often and left him standing with her in his arms that long. Vengo isn't starving skinny and Reba not tall and muscled. :phew: