[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

9 hours ago, aisling said:

That preview looks more angsty than all 15 episodes before combined! We definitely need subtitles to understand it more.

Here's translated from Chinese subs:

Lady: I am the one who ask him/her to throw it away. If you want to put any blame, blame it on me.

WJ: She's always worrying about her uncle...

SR: Oh, I met my uncle already.

HT: I thought after you wake up, you will surely stay by my side.

Kang: What was ordered at the jewelry store? Could it be....?

Colleague: It's from Rin Kim Director.

Computer screen: Come to Berlin and start over. Don't wish for your talent to be wasted just like that.

Colleague (?): What are you conflicting about? You were planning to go to Berlin for study anyway?

Chan: What?

SR's letter: To WJ, forgive me for only writing to you like this.

And then there is the announcement that tonight is the last episode.

I have a deadline to meet, so can't write much about my feeling on last night's episode. But really, this for me is the best written childhood first love reconnection story. Love last night's episode! I'm going to check out more of this writer's work. And YSJ is just :wub: portraying GWJ.

I wish someone could put the confession at bridge scene together in a non-stop clip so we can have a continuous flow of the feels without the cut of the episode. Don't know how to video edit, otherwise I'll do it myself.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dftio said:

I dont think I'm ready to watch SHS with Lee jong suk just yet 

I didn't expect or foresee I would actually feel this way at first BUT I AM NOT READY YET TOO.

Not ready to see SR with anyone else beside WJ. Not ready to let go of our adorable Crescendo Couple just yet.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Here's translated from Chinese subs:

Lady: I am the one who ask him/her to throw it away. If you want to put any blame, blame it on me.

WJ: She's always worrying about her uncle...

SR: Oh, I met my uncle already.

HT: I thought after you wake up, you will surely stay by my side.

Kang: What was ordered at the jewelry store? Could it be....?

Colleague: It's from Rin Kim Director.

Computer screen: Come to Berlin and start over. Don't wish for your talent to be wasted just like that.

Colleague (?): What are you conflicting about? You were planning to go to Berlin for study anyway?

Chan: What?

SR's letter: To WJ, forgive me for only writing to you like this.

And then there is the announcement that tonight is the last episode.

I have a deadline to meet, so can't write much about my feeling on last night's episode. But really, this for me is the best written childhood first love reconnection story. Love last night's episode! I'm going to check out more of this writer's work. And YSJ is just :wub: portraying GWJ.

I wish someone could put the confession at bridge scene together in a non-stop clip so we can have a continuous flow of the feels without the cut of the episode. Don't know how to video edit, otherwise I'll do it myself.

Noooooo.. your confirmation from the preview that its the last ep just crushed my 0.000001% hope that they may just extend it by 1 ep. :bawling:

@thistle oh wow I didnt realise her short drama special was about such a heavy topic. Now I really don't wanna watch it. Esp since I am already sad enough from separation anxiety. :tears:

So it does seem she's leaving from the preview. Hmmm, what could be the reason behind that I wonder? WJ has been very supportive and I guess he's willing to leave with her. I hope it's like one of you said, that the first half would be about solving the uncle story and the second will revolve around them but I won't have high hopes because even at this point, it's been draggy. I'm waiting for them to surprise me however. 

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I'm not ready to watch SHS on Praise of Death either.....but that's not because I don't want to see her with Lee Jong Suk (I am willing to watch him in nearly anything because is an excellent lead who makes his female lead shine).  The thing that concerns me is the subject matter of Praise of Death because it is a true biographical historical subject where....

Hide contents

the couple commits suicide together.

That is something that bothers me.  I do not encourage or condone such.  I believe that a good drama should tell a good tale and I know that not everything in life is uplifting.  However, some subjects have to be handled with great care, and this is one of those.

.....but back on the subject of today's episode: 

I loved SR's side of the story, and that it received proper attention.

I loved Chan's confession; it was just right.

And Jennifer broke my heart.

I also felt compassion for the truck driver who spent years trying to atone.

All in all, a really good watch!

Yes, I agree with you on LJS and also Praise of Death. Tragedies like that... not so much my thing. :( (But...LJS!) I don't think it's coming on immediately, though. I heard that he said in a recent fan meeting that they decided to add a couple more episodes (which they haven't filmed yet because SHS is still doing 30 But 17). We'll see what happens. 

Speaking of LJS (sorry), Chan's character is a bit like Park Soo Ha from I Hear Your Voice. Only...inverted. Because he lives in reality, in which you actually don't usually end up with your crush who is 11 years older than you. But yes, his confession was just right. And he was sad. And he also grew up. 

Jennifer, though...she is such a weird, quirky character, but her emotional moments really hit home. I will definitely watch Ye Ji Won in something else!

She leaves to pursue her music dreams.

He give chase but let her go.

Time jump and she's back to him at the beach scene for a happy ending.

Im predicting this scenario BUT please prove me wrong.

I hate time jump.

I just wish he could get a air ticket and they stay together even when she has to return from her intermission. 

I don't want Sori to leave! In any case why can't Woo-jin go with her? I really hope it's a misleading preview, this drama has been great I don't want this cliché to ruin what could be a smooth journey from start to finish

I love Yang Sejong so much I want to watch anything from him! 

Me too, I hate time jump... 

I hope there will not be such twist...

I hope the preview is just a trick... 

I hope they will give us a beautiful ending for these beautiful persons.. 

I can't concentrate anymore... I can't wait for tonight!

Taking a break from work and a quick peek here. Yes, I am of the same mind too, I don't wish for time jump. Even if it is needed, not with a goodbye letter please. Just discuss it openly and decide together, not one-sided. Don't be cruel to our Mr.Gong please, writer-nim...

I really don't know what to expect. We know that preview 99% of the time is misleading to entice viewers to continue watching. I'd like to say I have faith in the writer, esp.seeing how the writing has been great since ep.1, but I've also encountered train-wreck in the last few minutes of the final episode. So... will just clear up my mind and watch tonight's final episode without expectation. If all is well, this will make it into my hall-of-fame dramas, but otherwise, I will just keep until ep.14 and pretend that is the finale, and scratch ep.15+16 altogether.

Whew, what an episode yet again! I screamed, laughed, and cried so much all in the span of one hour. This show is definitely on the top of my list in terms of how it pulled me in and how invested I am in its characters.

@Lj It was an absolute rollercoaster ride of an episode for me too. and ugh, them walking home was too cute!!!! (flashback to park bogum in Moonlight Drawn by Clouds when he discovered her name, anyone?) 

Random fave moments:

• Chan’s confession with a twist and then folding his feelings and leaving those gloves *cries* (plus perfect OST for him)
  • Jennifer’s confrontation with the truck driver!! had me crying buckets
  • Quiet moment with Woojin consoling Jennifer with the same words of wisdom she shared with him in the beginning
  • Matching keychain gift! Never thought that Seori could’ve been holding another keychain that she had made just for him. Majorly cute.
  • @dftio the “hey, it’s my girlfriend” had me kyaaa~ing to a whole other level. And I feel like now he’s just drinking from her water bottles on purpose. Like he won’t even get one of his own if she has one haha.
  • Um, the kiss? how can i not include it. It was so tearful and heartfelt and perfect.
  • Okay, this is a moment from last week that i suddenly remembered, but the short flashback to how WJ was hiding his pain, even throwing up, and then how when he was going down stairs for the hot chocolate you could tell with eyes that he was hiding something? amazing acting omg.
  • Chan got his hot choco this week!!

Hahaahaha, yes, @Ni Wen let’s all come out of hiding and have a party before it’s all over!!

I wonder if the uncle died or if he is imprisoned? I think all of us are having a hard time trying to think of a scenario that would justify his absence.

@r047 “WHATTTT” is the only reaction i can have to that preview. If this whole episode was like a fun rollercoaster, the preview was like the whiplash I didn’t want to have!!! I almost wish i didn’t see the preview T___T I hope with everyone that it was somehow misleading…

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If all is well, this will make it into my hall-of-fame dramas, but otherwise, I will just keep until ep.14 and pretend that is the finale, and scratch ep.15+16 altogether.

I'm going to do the same! It is hall-of-fame worthy; I hope it makes it through. Keeping an open mind and will appreciate what we get. 

Can we all sneak into (or storm into) the writing/editing room together? Seori is only allowed to go to Germany to play ONE duet performance with Taerin. And preferably on a honeymoon WITH her husband WJ. Not on her own and not suddenly and no sad letters allowed!!! The only letters allowed are ones with a “turn this note over” that turn out to be a proposal or something. *grumps* Please, i love this show so much, i'm trusting the ending will match the rest of its themes and pacing, and be just as enjoyable.

Flip the note. I like it!! :w00t: Now that will be satisfying to me. But the way WJ was crying in the end broke my heart, Chan and Jennifer were shocked too. 

I keep thinking of reasons, justification, can't get any clue. Even if she went to perform, I guess WJ would want to be part of it. I guess will have to wait. 

9 hours ago, gster3 said:

I would have also loved to see Woo Jin wake Seo Ri up with one of his Chan raspberry kisses and this time he actually meant it for her, but modified to be more flirty and less blowing raspberries to show the full circle of how they met as adults to where they are now in their relationship.  

I adore this idea!!! WJ waking up SR that way would be a perfect touch. Anyone else have cute ideas or what they would add in their own epilogues? Even if we don't get to see them, I'd love to imagine them :) Hehe like I want more continuation of "flip the note."

7 minutes ago, soontobe16 said:

Does anyone know why the episode count was reduced and also the point during airing this happened? 

I don't think the reason is very clear, unfortunately. From what I gathered, different episode counts were published on different websites, causing a lot of confusion. Then for two weeks we had one episode only due to a sporting event being broadcasted. I think that happened about halfway through? It's too bad this detracted/distracted a lot of viewers from the show. I decided to leave it as a mystery and love whatever we get!

Random thought: I really want to know what YSJ chose as Mr. Gong's scent? Really cool method acting thing to do, to wear a different signature scent for each of your characters. I wish I could get a hug and find out hahahaha...

4 minutes ago, m-sq said:

Random thought: I really want to know what YSJ chose as Mr. Gong's scent? Really cool method acting thing to do, to wear a different signature scent for each of your characters. I wish I could get a hug and find out hahahaha...

What do you mean by this? Something from BTS? I haven't got the time to check out any BTS video.

1 hour ago, m-sq said:

Can we all sneak into (or storm into) the writing/editing room together? Seori is only allowed to go to Germany to play ONE duet performance with Taerin. And preferably on a honeymoon WITH her husband WJ. Not on her own and not suddenly and no sad letters allowed!!! The only letters allowed are ones with a “turn this note over” that turn out to be a proposal or something. *grumps* Please, i love this show so much, i'm trusting the ending will match the rest of its themes and pacing, and be just as enjoyable.

Yes, my prayer too that the ending matches the rest of the themes and pacing.

The turn-over note is such a great idea for proposal!! I second that! Although it seems that everyone in the office finds out WJ is having something made in the jewelry shop. I wonder what is it if it isn't a ring? Because that will be too obvious, no? It could be another memento that reminds them of their relationship... Gosh, I love this couple so much I can't stay away and keep sneaking back here even though I have to finish some work :P

44 minutes ago, m-sq said:

I adore this idea!!! WJ waking up SR that way would be a perfect touch. Anyone else have cute ideas or what they would add in their own epilogues? Even if we don't get to see them, I'd love to imagine them :) Hehe like I want more continuation of "flip the note."

I don't think the reason is very clear, unfortunately. From what I gathered, different episode counts were published on different websites, causing a lot of confusion. Then for two weeks we had one episode only due to a sporting event being broadcasted. I think that happened about halfway through? It's too bad this detracted/distracted a lot of viewers from the show. I decided to leave it as a mystery and love whatever we get!

On the V app pre drama interview, YSJ mentioned the brand of scent he chose this time for his character. Never heard of it, Santa Maria Novella or something.... :blink: I wanna get it now too! Except I don't know which particular scent Hahaha

Archived