[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That preview looks more angsty than all 15 episodes before combined! We definitely need subtitles to understand it more.

I hate stupid forced last minute separation, I hope the writer will prove us wrong just like when WJ came back to SR even after boarding a plane.

I’m one of those who agree that YSJ and SHS have the “right amount“ of chemistry. This is supposed to be a sweet (delayed) first crush/first love romance and it wouldn’t be appropriate to have the main characters making out or having steamy kisses. They’re both  great making SR and WJ believable as two innocent 30-year olds.

There were cute moments in this episode.

You see a man in love. LOL.

His bright smiley face.

Two hugs (I counted!)

And a lot of hand-holding (I swear that both of them are still 17 , not 30)

I accept that it ends tomorrow but make it a good ending

Got to admit I will be a little disappointed if the ending is really of them by the beach, doing the moon rabbit gesture. I hope the PD is more creative than that. Or you see me scream MWO-YA in big caps!

26 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

His bright smiley face.

Two hugs (I counted!)

Got to admit I will be a little disappointed if the ending is really of them by the beach, doing the moon rabbit gesture. I hope the PD is more creative than that. Or you see me scream MWO-YA in big caps!

@Dramanoona I'll join ya in screaming MWO-YA if we don't get anything better than what we think we might be getting. <_< 

I can honestly say that I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow's episode now. Like what @dftio said, this clearly needs more episodes, at least two more like they originally planned.

1 hour ago, dftio said:

@Ni Wen, yup they could have done a nice closure for HT just as they did for Chan, I mean, the man changed his career path and spent his 13 years tirelessly waiting for her to awake, he deserves more airtime. And the story about her uncle? Clearly a full episode!

Then we gotta see SR fulfill her violin dreams, and SR and WJ have a proper date as an official couple plus a nice round up for the series. Thats another episode! If only it wasn't for the Asian Games that mucked up the schedule :dissapointed_relieved:

Exactly so! Its just too rushed when there's much more.

I have nothing to say about poor HT-_-

I hope they don't forget about the Polaroid pic too! I was hoping the beach scene won't be the ending too but a middle scene instead! If SR is leaving, WJ please run to the airport and buy the seat next to her and leave together!

2 hours ago, dftio said:

WELCOME! Funny how I was wondering earlier today if there would be any male fans of this drama given how it seems like mostly females going gaga over the show ^_^

I'm glad this drama is good enough to gather male fans too!

I am a guy and love the show.  It's nice to have a lighter type of fluffy love drama occasionally as opposed to some of the really intense stuff like Stranger Secret Garden.

Anyhow, a few funny things from this episode. So SR and Chan get to go on a proper date and have fun while the real couple haven't yet :sweatingbullets: DS and HB, till when are you going to roam around with these medals on you? :lol: One more thing, Chan is that one friend we've all got who eats, eats, and eats and NEVER gets fat! Good night all! Wishing us a better, happier tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, r047 said:

Anyhow, a few funny things from this episode. So SR and Chan get to go on a proper date and have fun while the real couple haven't yet :sweatingbullets: DS and HB, till when are you going to roam around with these medals on you? :lol: One more thing, Chan is that one friend we've all got who eats, eats, and eats and NEVER gets fat! Good night all! Wishing us a better, happier tomorrow. 

@r047 Omg, you're right! Arrgh! At least one good date before they finish this drama! :persevere: Good night and see you back here tomorrow! :star:

I was just looking around YT and I stumbled upon this. Not sure if this is allowed to be posted on here, but it would've been great if YSJ was also asked to participate! :joy: This was filmed on the day of the premiere of this drama. :D

Spoiler

You mean uncle is still alive (from preview) yet hasn't went to see her once at the hospital???? Whatever reasons or difficulties he has, IF he's alive, he abandoned her totally. 

I actually felt so sorry for Chan that his Mr Gong keeps running away. When he came back he didn't even think it was a big deal while I could feel Chan's disappointment.

Agree with one of you that it was weird to see SR on a date with Chan instead of WJ the very next day after their kiss. It was all the more weird to see Chan telling his future aunt that she's his first love. It just doesn't sound right. I still dont agree of his confession, and he doesn't know they met when he was lost. It was a little forced to me as he need a closure yet there are not enough time to show that. If they have to rush like this why go so slow in the beginning. I have come to terms with the cut of episodes too but the preview definitely doesn't look like what a last episode would be, it's obvious that they have no time to tie up everything in these last two episodes. Uncle mystery still not out at the second last episode... it should really be concluded in ep 15, and the last episode by right should be left for some otp moments seriously, but yet I see a writing letter and going away scene again! :crazy::sweatingbullets:

7 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

His bright smiley face.

Two hugs (I counted!)

I loved those parts as well.  Though I am still bitter at the cut episodes, I have come to the acceptance stage of my grief at this show ending much sooner than expected.  I just wished those main couple romantic moments were longer and that most of ep 29-30 weren't spent on childhood flashbacks and Chan's date or finding uncle. All those stories would have been ok with just 1/4 of those scenes. Really, we want to see chan and Seo Ri using the rowing machines over Seo Ri on a date with Woo Jin?. 

Agree, @Ni Wen.  It's weird that the OTP hasn't had a proper date yet. As much as I love Chan, I don't love the amount of time he got to spend with Seo Ri that took away from time Woo Jin should have spent with her on screen. I don't mind any of those scenes if there were more episodes, but to cut that many episode and not feature the main couple time together after all the pain and separation with some beautiful lovey dovey dates and not just a few seconds here and there just makes me feel this way 

tenor.gif?itemid=9259919 

giphy4.gif?w=335

at whoever has caused this situation at SBS and for the writer and PD to not understand what most of the audience truly wants and prioritize giving it to the audience to make it up to us for cutting so many episodes of their show. 

The beach scene is definitely sweet as date scene, but as the ending of them just watching the moon together and we don't either get a wedding, Seo Ri fulfilling her dreams or children as some others have wished for, I would be disappointed as well.  Let's hope this show that is so full of hope and joy end on the same note and not just a meh whatever thanks for giving us a snack when we were hungry for a meal kind of feeling.  

I would have also loved to see Woo Jin wake Seo Ri up with one of his Chan raspberry kisses and this time he actually meant it for her, but modified to be more flirty and less blowing raspberries to show the full circle of how they met as adults to where they are now in their relationship.  

Just thinking:  I wonder if Uncle is in prison due to some problem with his business going bankrupt.  That would explain why Aunt ran away--she has a (still unexplained) child and needs to protect him above anything else (including, horribly enough, the expenses of maintaining a coma patient like SR).  

Hmmm for some reason, I feel like the Uncle died. And when SR tells HT that she met her uncle, it really means she visited his grave? That would also explain why we see that brief scene of SR's auntie's Mum telling SR to blame her instead, that she was the one who told aunt to leave SR despite her unconscious status. 

@gster3 Yup, can someone sneak into the editing room of 3017 at SBS and make that beach scene be part of their date as a couple??

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really really wished they didnt cut the series short. Why not just 1 more episode? 17 is better than 16 to give a satisfactory ending too :tears: 

Although my only consolation will be the BEST and highest ratings for the whole series, at least let the drama end on a high tonight. Since SBS's concern is clearly poor ratings during Chuseok next wk. Then at least the 3017 team can fulfill their promise of visiting the fire brigade to deliver drinks and we can see more interaction!!

I dont think I'm ready to watch SHS with Lee jong suk just yet :unsure:

14 minutes ago, dftio said:

Hmmm for some reason, I feel like the Uncle died. And when SR tells HT that she met her uncle, it really means she visited his grave? That would also explain why we see that brief scene of SR's auntie's Mum telling SR to blame her instead, that she was the one who told aunt to leave SR despite her unconscious status. 

@gster3 Yup, can someone sneak into the editing room of 3017 at SBS and make that beach scene be part of their date as a couple??

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really really wished they didnt cut the series short. Why not just 1 more episode? 17 is better than 16 to give a satisfactory ending too :tears: 

Although my only consolation will be the BEST and highest ratings for the whole series, at least let the drama end on a high tonight. Since SBS's concern is clearly poor ratings during Chuseok next wk. Then at least the 3017 team can fulfill their promise of visiting the fire brigade to deliver drinks and we can see more interaction!!

I dont think I'm ready to watch SHS with Lee jong suk just yet :unsure:

@dftio I did think that her uncle passed away, too. I just finished watching the subs, and the way they have rushed things showed that this needs the 20 eps that they originally allotted. 

I just checked out who that Lee Jong Suk is, the 'W' dude, right? 

I won't ever be ready to see SHS with anyone else other than YSJ, darn it! :tears::( 

Ugh, I'm trying not to feel disappointed with it all, but I am. :vicx:

Finally watched the episode even it’s 2 am here in my zone. As usual the episode give me another roller coaster ride from giddiness to sadness. I just broke down on Jeniffer scene, it must be painful losing all the people you value most, the only consolation price is that she found a new family, I can imagine that she will be like a granny to WJ and SR children hehehe. 

For me I’m glad that Chan confessed his feelings, that is the way his character is “don’t think, feel” still an innocent boy who will reach his goal no matter what and for sure he heals fast like super Sian he wil think back that he has no regrets. I feel that somehow he is the most mature of them all. Taking care of the people he love, he also feels that SR will be a member of the family in the future; he really value his family. I’m glad that HT respected WJ by calling him first regarding SR business. I also feel that the truck driver paid his sins already by taking care of SR’s hospital bill, even he went to the police the case is too long already. 

I’m curious for the finale tonight why the uncle got divorce and in preview is just misleading. Anyway I feel that’s I still can’t let go of my 30but17 I will miss them soooo much. What shall I do with my Monday’s? This separation anxiety is just sinking in....:tears:

finish todays episode. so sad but also nice seeing Jeniffer finally letting her bent up feelings out and telling her story. I would have loved seeing the OTP having a normal date, but happy seeing WJ being there for SR as she figure out the last puzzle. I hope the last episode is 30 min about uncle and aunt, and the last 30 min is OTP moment. I don´t trust preview especially when it is for the final episode. they know how to hold the real deal close to their chest ;) hope it is a warm final for us!  

I'm not ready to watch SHS on Praise of Death either.....but that's not because I don't want to see her with Lee Jong Suk (I am willing to watch him in nearly anything because is an excellent lead who makes his female lead shine).  The thing that concerns me is the subject matter of Praise of Death because it is a true biographical historical subject where....

Spoiler

the couple commits suicide together.

That is something that bothers me.  I do not encourage or condone such.  I believe that a good drama should tell a good tale and I know that not everything in life is uplifting.  However, some subjects have to be handled with great care, and this is one of those.

.....but back on the subject of today's episode: 

I loved SR's side of the story, and that it received proper attention.

I loved Chan's confession; it was just right.

And Jennifer broke my heart.

I also felt compassion for the truck driver who spent years trying to atone.

All in all, a really good watch!

Archived