[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dftio said:

I just had a random thought! what do we think is getting made at the jewellers (presumably by WJ)? People may think that its alluding to a proposal, i.e. a ring BUT I realised after watching last night's episode that it is probably the SAME key ring that SR gave WJ, after all, her original intention was for them to have matching key rings, and the one she wanted to give WJ would have been destroyed in the crash. How sweet would that be? Although I vote for a proposal, a ring would be too cliche wouldn't it? :P

@anjuliet What drama is HOD? But yes! MAYBE just maybe we can have a 3017 special next week! Great idea for Chuseok! After all, praise of death does seem like a pretty heavy drama, and definitely too sombre for a family reunion festival like chuseok. Now why were you not on the planning team?? ;)

@Ni Wen, I hope they're saving the juicy BTS for a hella special episode next week :rolleyes: Please not some summary specials that I've seen with other dramas, but one with interviews, thoughts and sweet BTS/NGs. That would just top it all off for us :D

@dftio Love the idea of a proposal! :wub: Not sure if we'll get one, but you never know. :) 

I was talking about Hymn of Death (HoD) :sweatingbullets: Haha, I WISH I was on the planning team, but well, they didn't think I was smart enough and so didn't hire me. ;) 

I was watching some eps of She Was Pretty and I quite liked how they ended that drama (yes, it dragged in a lot of places, well, felt like it did), but I liked how the couple there still managed to be together even though they were meant to be apart. Hmmm... Isn't it the same writer who did She Was Pretty who also wrote this? I saw a few similarities in the storyline, just a few. :D I really hope they do some kind of special and yes, NO summary type kind of special. *prays really hard* 

@Dramanoona ooh yes please! :D One of the many things I liked about this drama was the lack of, oh how should I call it? All business suits and people looking perfect and made up (somehow I keep thinking 'austere looking' lmao!) No chaebols acting superior and whatever. 

I have seen someone selling the keyrings, but omg, the prices for them! :blink: 

@meechuttso Thank you for setting up this forum! So many awesome people here, and I just wanna say thank you for all the posts, gifs, photos, summaries, ideas, etc. I'm gonna follow some of you ;)

I thought about what ending I would like to happen (yes, only 45 minutes before the live broadcast). Either WJ follows her to the airport but misses her as the plane has left, or he manages to catch her and she realises that she can't leave him just like that, or like what someone mentioned here, he goes with her. (Omg, I'm trying not to cringe as I'm typing this lol) Then the beach scene would be something like, they're together, and him doing some kind of reminiscing and then she joins him.

Just 40 minutes to go before it starts for the final time. Opened the website where I watch the live broadcast. Let's do this and just hope for the best and enjoy the ride one more time. B)

*Nooooooo, please don't end! :bawling::bawling::bawling: 

NOOOOoo after party pictures means the end of our drama :bawling: 

Too surreal now. But please some tv station, some newspaper, SOMEONE conduct an interview and put pictures up of WJ-SR together. We really haven't had much of it at all, and if a special or this DVD business does not happen, then we will never see any of our star's thoughts and feelings on this drama.

Anyone know if this has been the highest rated drama for SBS this year? If it is then they may be able to bag some awards at year end...

Am I the only one who thinks everyone put on too much whitening powder? With the flash, that difference in skin tone is almost hilarious! At least WJ kept it normal/didn't overdo the makeup. :D

@mademoisellesia @aisling I have often thought the same too! Although I have to say, he has improved by leaps and bounds at his press conference. Man's gotta step up to being a lead I guess!

Thing is, he is so much more comfortable in BTS with his colleagues/peers, and smaller or one-on-one interviews. I guess he's not so awkward with people, just camera shy at big-GER events?

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I checked out the brand. Apparently there is a necklace version!

And the manufacturers only sell wholesale

http://www.nuancebykorea.com/cgi/goods.html

There is a site which seems to be selling the keyring, necklace and earrings version of the moon rabbit. I might try looking for it when I am in Seoul later in the year.

I still think that the preview is a troll.

And does anyone know if there is a wrap up party? Or are they still filming? EEKK!

I am gonna be in Seoul next week! Any idea where I should go to look for the moon rabbit jewellery?

@dftio
It's actually the first his face colour looks the same as his neck in front of the flashes. Maybe he did go without makeup, but yes, at places where there are too many flashes he becomes stiff & starts walking like a penguin. But comparing 3014 press conference to all previous, he looked the most at ease for 3017 actually. I thought he finally got used to it, but guess not haha.

with the wrap up party, we know it is the end soon :( this is what i think about the proposal to go to Berlin. I don´t think SR would go there alone without her new family, I don´t think she would leave WJ to after everything they have been true. maybe they talk it true and go together, or she end up refusing because she is happy the way she is living now. Also she have made peace with herself that she is not gonna be pro violin player and she is happy doing the work she is doing now. I would think maybe she could be a violin teacher in the long run? I guess I see many reason for her not going to Berlin.   

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

@dftio He’s doing really badly in front of the big crowd when he’s not in the character. He almost couldn’t deliver his SBS award accepting speech as he was so nervous. It was kinda painful to watch.

Oh yeh I saw that too, poor thing I mean its not easy to speak in front of a crowd!

But at least he kept it short and sweet, better than 2 other actor/actresses that I know and whom the korean public criticize heaps because they are bad at it, and yet continue to drag out time and blabber meaningless things.

I am sure he is continuously improving though, just his press conference this time was a huge improvement compared to his last, and even his first in Saimdang diaries. 

An absolute cutey!

p.s. What is with the green card ad on SBS at the moment? Lol

Just arrived home and my oh my! So many goddies! What a treat! That is why they are doing this to us, because it’s ending few more minutes :bawling: I downloaded all the ost in iTunes and listen to it every morning:bawling: please be nice to us Pdim! 

22 minutes ago, aisling said:

@dftio He’s doing really badly in front of the big crowd when he’s not in the character. He almost couldn’t deliver his SBS award accepting speech as he was so nervous. It was kinda painful to watch.

That's what I noticed, too. Even with some of the interviews, he looked like he didn't know what to make of it.

Here we go, ten minutes of commercials, intro for 3017, a couple more commercials then *sigh* - final ep... 

Is anyone going to do live updates?

Omg, her uncle reading his journal is already making me cry. :bawling: oh no, her uncle :bawling::bawling:

Last episode.....I probably won't look at anything from this point (and I never did watch that preview).  Just gonna ignore it all until it's over, and then I'll read the recaps about the last moment first. Yeah, I like to know how things end so I can enjoy the journey getting there.  ;) 

Drama starts! Flashback to WJ leaving a voice message on Aunt's mobile explaining to her that SR blames herself for her uncle's bankruptcy, if Aunt could at least please let SR know what happened to her uncle and not to avoid SR so that SR can at least be at peace.

Aunt turns up at SR's place crying, as SR continues to quiz her on where her uncle is.

Aunt hands SR a notebook of his note that he wrote when she was in hospital unconscious, where he states being regretful for the accident, and hopes she will stay strong and wake up soon.

Aunt tries to persuade him to sell the house for debts, but he insists on keeping it for SR regardless of hard it gets.

Archived