[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, who does everything think the "oppa" that MS wants to find is? Is it YJ or his brother SY? I'm curious about the back story on them as children.

I actually think the 'oppa' that MS wants to find is YJ.  She wanted the blind date reporter to investigate a kidnapping. Based on YJ's fear of plastic ties and the scars around his ankle, I think he's the one that was kidnapped and the oppa that went missing in 1995.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Wow I know the raw srt has been out a couple of hours but my usual streaming site hasn't uploaded it yet. So I watched the raw and had to pause a few times. The chemistry between PSJ and PMY are up the wazoo. 

This is only episode 3 right? Episode 4 might just kill me since I saw the preview. What kind of webtoon is there? Is it a romance one? How old is this writer? This feels like romance novel. I haven't seen straight pursuing behaviour like this in awhile.

Well actually, in 2015 the webtoon was adapted from a web novel. The web novel itself was in 2013. So far, that what I know. 

21 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I actually think the 'oppa' that MS wants to find is YJ.  She wanted the blind date reporter to investigate a kidnapping. Based on YJ's fear of plastic ties and the scars around his ankle, I think he's the one that was kidnapped and the oppa that went missing in 1995.

Based from what I looked at the webtoon, it seems that the Oppa that KMS is looking for is actually LYJ. Don't know for sure though, since I can't read Hangul.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, aisling said:

Will we see this tomorrow? :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

j

Ohh.. Maybe :wink: And she'll reject him, again. :lol:

51 minutes ago, MeritaG said:

Hmmmm.... maybe.... I love the fashion in this drama. Maybe because I'm office lady. LOL

I'm loving the fashion and office lady, too. Just can't walk in heels, due to A LOT of ankle injuries from sports, but it's nice and stylish with flats, too. :D

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images, even in spoilers. They cause page load to slow down.
  • Like 4

I gotten the chance to watch some of it before and It lift my spirits up . I was cracking up from the beginning to the end. Can't wait to go watch it with subs. Guys , do you know I could understand some of the conversation in this episode due to watching so many Kdrama's. 

As @Ondine PSJ and PMSY have great chemistry. :wub::wub:

Has anyone noticed that Kim Mi So has also picked up Young Joo's coldness. I swear that I felt KMS coldness when she was giving Kim whatever a dress down for not following her instruction on the cable ties. Young Joo and Mi So had an identical facial expression. Kim whatever her name is  was scared until Mi So decided smile at her..

Chingu's , I don't trust the new secretary, i am getting a bad vibe from her. She smiles too much and get so many mysterious calls. I think she is the type to pretend to be nice and we so someone else can do the work for her. smh smh smh 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@lclarakl  Good to see you here chingu.    I think so too chingu.  I also like that YJ is slowy getting her attention. She is thinking of him and he just keeps making her heart pound. He did it twice, I especially loved the way he walked in the amusement park with a big smile on his face. I would have swoon if I was physically there.. :wub::wub:

• Like 5

I thought only PBY's next drama will bring me back to Soompi but now i'm here to say I'm in love with this drama now. Yesterday episode totally cracked me up and I find myself keep laughing  to my computer screen. Every scene is as hilarious as you could think it to be. I hope we'll continue to get more hilariousness plot from this drama and congrats to the 7% of rating :thumbsup: 축하해요!

• Like 7

Delurking finally after my livestreaming drama drought since mid-last-year.. (only managed a half-hearted stream of BTIMFL and still trying to get on SUITS argh)

Here because it's BTIMFL's director and uh, rom-com! I'm weak with rom-coms lol. Didn't really think much of the P-P pairing, I thought someone like LDW would have suited the role abit more, but I'm liking PSJ more and more, with the slow draft into their backstories. I liked his quirky narcissism but like a comment I read on dramabeans, it originally felt like a caricature of his chingu PHS' acting as AMH in SWDBS, so I'm glad that ep3 helped me see past that. Enjoying PMY, it's my first time watching her, so I'm letting myself be surprised.

Also not minding the 3 episode run of shirtless PSJ.. :ph34r:

On 6/11/2018 at 4:13 AM, aisling said:

I’m currently reading WSK webtoon in English on Tappytoon. This is not too spoilery and it made me LOLed so much I wanted to share with guys.

Also I strongly dislike his brother from what I read so far.

I've read the chinese webtoon, did you have to pay for the english?

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if I should ask or not. I was looking forward to a nice, light comedy. I should have known there would be a heartbreaking back story in there somewhere. Even without knowing the back story, I've felt for poor little YJ. In today's episode, YJ reveals that he was so good at his studies that he was skipped a grade and entered the same class as his older brother. However, YJ was tormented for this by the older kids, including his brother. :(

I hope the angst isnt too dragged out but nicely played. I felt there was a tinnnnyyyy bit too much convo in ep3, which works for BTIMFL cos the drama was so introspective and rose-tinted gentle slow, but this is a webtoon adaptation so here's to keeping fingers crossed the pace stays good! but the backstory is simultaneously sad, and sweet.

9 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

This is only episode 3 right? Episode 4 might just kill me since I saw the preview. What kind of webtoon is there? Is it a romance one? How old is this writer? This feels like romance novel. I haven't seen straight pursuing behaviour like this in awhile.

I'm not sure about the age of the writer but the webtoon is uh... pretty naughty HAHA. Let's just say I'm glad its on TvN, and I hope for some things... hehe. You're right about the tones of romance novel :ph34r:

Edit: Random stupid tidbit: Young Joon’s name in Chinese 英俊 literally means handsome, talented, brilliant :lol:

Webtoon spoiler regarding 'oppa', please don't open if you don't want to know ^_^

Spoiler

I think somewhere in the earlier pages someone did mention the oppa issue--- there's just a whole lot of misunderstanding, twisting of memories, and because the two brothers' names sound similar, KMS mistook the older brother to be oppa at first (from my reading chinese as a second language). And because LYJ changed his name, in order to be considerate to his terrible older brother, it wasn't clear to KMS that her boss was oppa until later. I'm not sure how much more people would want to know about the webtoon even if under a spoiler, so i'll leave the more of the backstory out till the story progresses.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if I should ask or not. I was looking forward to a nice, light comedy. I should have known there would be a heartbreaking back story in there somewhere. Even without knowing the back story, I've felt for poor little YJ. In today's episode, YJ reveals that he was so good at his studies that he was skipped a grade and entered the same class as his older brother. However, YJ was tormented for this by the older kids, including his brother. :(

Hello chingu (:

Actually I am sort of glad it is not just all fun and smiles, that there is something deeper with YJ's story.

I really feel bad for him. I think the whole persona he presents to everyone is just his way of escaping his past.

If the brother is horrible, then oh dear I am so worried if MS falls in love with him....

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omo! I see many of my chingus here!! :D

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang i am on board! :wink: now just need to watch the episodes itself first :wink:

hehe yes unnie, a lot of us are here!

haha! Yes unnie you need to watch its good :D

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I too believe it is YJ. I think all signs point to it.

poor YJ...

6 hours ago, aisling said:

If you don’t mind spoilers, you can ask @jaefan. She told me the whole story from their childhood, how everyone was involved and... let’s say it’s really heartbreaking, knowing what I know now about him... I can’t help but feel so sorry for YJ.

oh do I want spoilers....

giphy.gif

I figured his story must be rather tragic especially seeing the scars :(

• Like 7

On 6/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, cfilosvyz said:

the webtoon link (korean) that someone shared here, i have read it all LOL. 80 chapters is not the end though. I saw on official kakao webtoon page there is 85 chapters at the moment, most probably the webtoon is still ongoing. 

So far the drama is following the webtoon closely which is good!

Also i have found a chinese link too. Anyone interested can PM me & i'll give u the link, or should i just share here? 

By the way this is my first time commenting & Lol i created an account just to post here & discuss this drama with everybody here cuz currently im obsessed with this drama. Serious drama addiction.  

Hey! I am first time user over here too and just created the account for the same reason. :D:DNavigating slowly and trying to learn how this works!:)

Btw could you please send me the link for the Chinese site? Thanks. :wub::wub:

• Like 5

@Badriyah Thanks for posting that! I'm glad PMY and PSJ's agencies are able to post BTS content like this; I don't recall this being the case with the dramas I watched before. Aww, she looks nervous before the ride. I hope Content Y also posts one with PSJ at the theme park.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

You really cant help but like the guy is heart was breaking at that basketball game lol

Dude has it bad he is crazy in love with her,I am glad he fell first that way he can improved himself.

But according to him, he's on a mission to "woo" her in order for her to not leave the company. Of course he's in denial of his true feelings...LOL

Stills...

88d633e2gy1fsai2hl29vj20k00dc3zk.jpg

Spoiler

88d633e2gy1fsai2i27nyj20k00dcmy7.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2ibrylj20k00dcjsp.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2in63ej20k00dcab2.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2jjxlzj20k00dc75b.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2juhg4j20k00dcaax.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2k1o1pj20k00dc759.jpg

88d633e2gy1fsai2kc33wj20k00dcgnc.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks @jeonghyang for the tag & gif caps. You amaze me always .PMY is Super gorgeous . She’s the main draw for me here even though I usually watch a drama for a hot oppa! @nonski hello & thanks for the recaps. Also thanks to everyone else who updated & live-blogged 

Ratings are fabulous!

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Park Min-young Refuses to Kiss Park Seo-joon

photo981063.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) refused to kiss Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon).

Lee Young-joon gave Kim Mi-so everything she had written that she wanted on a survey from a trip to the theme park to dinner and to a fireworks show.

At the end of the date, Lee Young-joon drove her home and even gave her a huge teddy bear. He said, "I'm giving you this because you did a good job. His name is 'Good Job'".

Kim Mi-so said, "I will work hard for the rest of my life with this...did you want me to say that?" She tried to go back home.

Lee Young-joon stopped her and stepped forward. There was one last thing she wrote in the survey; a romantic kiss in front of her house.

However, Kim Mi-so covered her face with the teddy bear and smiled awkwardly. She quickly went inside, confusing Lee Young-joon was confused.

Source : star.mk.co.kr/new/vie...

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Sets a Record Against Pre-empted Dramas

photo981046.jpg

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" increased in ratings as competitors are pre-empted during elections.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" rated 6.950%. This is 1.547% more than the previous episode.

All drama except "Suits" were postponed on the 13th of June due to local South Korean elections and it seems that "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" has been talked about enough.

Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) was jealous when Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) went on a blind date. He showed up at the date and got between her and Ko Gwi-nam (Hwang Chan-sung) during Sports Day. Kim Mi-so, however, was also pre-occupied with Lee Young-joon.

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

2 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I just find it funny there is a shirtless scene in each episode. If it continues tonight then I will ask is it the webtoon? Or the PD making PSJ do it.

100% it is the PD giving the fans what they want to see

giphy.gif

• Like 12
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2