[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

It’s only Sunday, meeps. I’m popping in here cos of withdrawal symptoms haha.

Random thoughts. As much as I love this, I have to admit the plot is thin but writing is great! I’m pretty amazed at how the writers managed to flesh out the story, with all the hilarious one-liners that SeoJoon deadpans. Also props to PMY for her micro-expressions! Initially the one thing that slightly annoyed me was her overly fake laughter or spider screams (psj’s cable tie shaking in contrast.. swoon), but then I remember it’s a manhwa adaptation. And there is the balance of making it comical and relatable. 

What I want to see/ placing hopes on:

- I’m getting invested in GwiNam/ Ji-Ah and I hope it happens soon! 

- Please let the office expose be hot kissy times walked in on

- Original, or as close to original premise for bed scene pleae

- MiSo’s rocker ahjussi dad

- Proposal, wedding, pregnancy!!

I would prefer not to have a curve ball like a breakup separation trope for filler, OTP has been honest and truthful and there is little to nothing that can separate them now. Adding a woman or man to the mix to spice up jealousy is just, unhelpful since  MiSo has already said with a man like him why would she think of another? And with his longstanding trauma just starting to heal how can it be plausible to have a another woman in the mix. They are each other’s salvation hehe. 

No no accidents or illnesses too please haha. But since my brain is not that of a kdrama writer I can’t think of how they can build the plot up to the finale. Lol. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, nochunsa said:

I ever read someone's post about PSJ never date someone....

Hemm.... after I watched ep.12, I doubt that He never date someone haha

How can he could kiss like that if he never date someone? :huh:

*just kidding*

He is an excellent actor with charming charisma, of course he'll do best!

Imagine

KMS: Oppa, I'm so whipped for you.

LYJ: *blushing with many love around him*:wub:

HAHAHAHA

Actually he has admitted he has been in a relationship/ dated about 10 times lol. You can check it out on YouTube, it's the one he did in the backseat of a car.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Watch: Park Min Young And Park Seo Joon Are Silly In “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Making Video 

Park-Min-Young-Park-Seo-Joon1.jpg

Once again, Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young revealed great chemistry behind-the-scenes of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.”

In the beginning of the clip, the two lead actors are rehearsing their scene in the hospital where he delivers a doll to her. Park Min Young reminisces of her childhood as she talks about how the dress of the doll looked really pretty before. Park Seo Joon mimics the way she speaks as he says, “Does it look tacky now?” The crew can’t help but laugh at his playful teasing.

However, once the camera starts rolling, the teasing stops, and the mood turns sweet and romantic as Park Seo Joon gives Park Min Young a tender back hug. They film the scene a couple more times, and by the third try, Park Seo Joon fans his dress shirt and implores, “Gosh, it’s hot! Let’s separate! I’m going crazy!”

Next, Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young prepare to film the scene where they enjoy ice cream together. Park Min Young wraps her arms around herself and claims that it’s cold. Park Seo Joon notices that and takes off his jacket so that he can give it to her, but she tells him that she’s fine and to put it back on, and he obeys her right away.

The filming officially starts, and Park Min Young asks Park Seo Joon how the ice cream tastes. Just then, the sound of a motorcycle fills the air, and instead of saying his real line, he wittily comments, “It tastes like a motorcycle.”

The two actors’ silliness continues as Park Seo Joon hangs playfully on the prop that is supposed to be the wall in front of her house. He asks, “Secretary Kim, I think I’m about to fall off. Can you catch me?” Rather than saving him though, she pretends to push him off, and he gives a light scream as he pretends to fall off the wall. Then he reappears and cutely says, “I’m right here!”

Spoiler

credit: https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/14/watch-park-min-young-park-seo-joon-silly-whats-wrong-secretary-kim-making-video/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 12

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim12-00129.jpg

Young-joon decides that Mi-so still needs his protection, and he’s not afraid to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Unluckily for him (and luckily for us!) it backfires on him, putting him in a situation that gives him all sorts of ideas. But there are some serious issues to tackle as well, as the past can’t wait anymore and demands to be heard.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-12/

5 hours ago, j9sshi said:

Ooooh, so those elements were in the novel? Didn't know that. :)

I agree the writing has been very solid. I'm even happy with the trade-offs between kisses and the comedy portion with the side characters! Love them!  I just get a little nervous when it feels like they may be adding an unnecessary trope just for k-drama trope sake. Don't want a curve ball like BTIMFL. 

Also, I think I wrote this before seeing any of next weeks previews that were posted. So far so good :)

Ah yes there are some elements that differ from the novel, but overall it is a good mix between novel and webtoon.

Hmmm, if i remember correctly there is not much curve balls left to be honest, the novel was not full of huge ups and downs, same goes for the webtoon.

• Like 10

The writer has only one purpose for this drama I think. To make viewers feel good.

This drama is sustained by chemistry.  Had the chemistry been average, I don't think I will wanna consider it.

It's exactly my kind of drama. 

This guy is naturally a quiet guy but he becomes something else on set.

So happy for him. No military enlistment to slow him down. And a fashionista. 

• Like 12

I think  the PD made KMS' right hand awkward.  She could just have put her right hand around  his waist. However he didn't allow LYJ to lie on top of KMS during the kiss scene.  Just to show his right hand  action.  

But yeah her skirt is short and hard  to not  rise up during the kiss especially  with the cushion sinking down. Wouldn't it be worse  for  the actor trying  to avoid letting her right hand not  touch his  front? Since these scenes usually take hours?

What really occupied me though is the house. I have probably watched SG about 40 times and can remember  the house layout. I do love that house.  And  have fond memories of the guest room scene. Since it was the main room and bed which the OTP was rolling around  on in SG.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, nochunsa said:

I ever read someone's post about PSJ never date someone....

Hemm.... after I watched ep.12, I doubt that He never date someone haha

How can he could kiss like that if he never date someone? :huh:

*just kidding*

He is an excellent actor with charming charisma, of course he'll do best!

Where did you read that he never dated? On the contrary I read that said he dated at least 10 girls  :D

• Like 5

PSJ has improved so much. He didnt renew his contract and instead with his manager they open their own agency called AWESOME.:tounge_wink:  Fighting PSJ, will always cheer u on.

Read source - http://koalasplayground.com/2018/07/11/park-seo-joon-leaves-keyeast-and-starts-new-agency-with-former-manager/

His tears, gosh we felt his pain during his revelation - with his parents

Spoiler

ezgif-3-62de0dd2de.gif

ezgif-3-7df8b3781d.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-3-ed36a64956.gif

and with his hyung

ezgif-3-ab8e36b8ee.gif

cr  소준이네 

and from TvN, PSJ putting on the brave face until his mother tells him that it's ok not to. 

Spoiler

DiIug7AVAAAAnpK.jpg

DiIug7DUEAEu-so.jpgDiIug7BVMAA3lU1.jpg

Last four eps... :bawling:

DiIug69VQAAxbkW.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Bulldozer - well in my view, why MS said YJ is a bulldozer is that - regardless of her rejection of him, he still keeps proposing to him, trying to show him that he was serious in his proposal and now, as they confirmed their relationship, he wants to do everything fast, ie, met her family, go to bed, get married and be together forever... haha... one track of mind when it comes to KMS.

By the way, how come no one knows that buying shoe to the other partner is bad luck? ha.

Yes, i saw in youtube interview before, and PSJ admitted to being in several relationships... he is naturally truthful in that interview but after his popularity increased with this drama, i do wonder if he will be more careful with his words? :)

I look forward to the next episode, especially him pushing his hair back! Ie, new hairstyle pls! :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

was on break with korean dramas and devoured chinese dramas. my friend just randomly tweeted about this and gave it a try. what do you know? i got hooked again no matter some of the cliche scenarios. love the 1st episode of them all on how just efficient secretary kim is 

• Like 8

Kiss scenes and emotionally charged ones like with YJ and family,  I think are hard because those require multiple takes,  depends a lot on the director’s  sense of perfection,  and which angles and pov he needs.  

If the camera is showing mom,  it cannot immediately pan on to YJ because the one filming mom will be in the way, for example.   But all three need to keep that emotion running,  plus MS outside even if the camera needs adjustments and they need 2 or 5 or 25 takes to get things perfect.

For the kiss and the scenes immediately before that:  

Like the far shot outside the glass while sitting,  about-to-kiss came from behind the sofa with YJ focus,  the camera above that shows MS expression,  the kiss itself in front of sofa......setting those up alone with all equipment near but just out of camera view, takes time.  

That said, there are also other people in the room,  wires on the floor and such,  mikes,  white screens and light to brighten faces,  during a hot summer,  the clapper that indicates scenes and takes,  “action”, “cut”,  so i really say kudos to actors who can focus on their work and keep the emotions consistent in those kinds of situations. 

As for actors speaking during a drama filming,  I guess interviews are screened for content and there are lines interviewers cannot cross.   So if the topic is this drama,  there should be nothing else.   So he won’t speak of past relationships,  past roles and past co-stars in comparison.  (Yah,  but am glad that he is a real person with feet on the ground who has a life and yet have camaraderie with his co-stars past and present and future, male and female).

• Like 14

Guest 999hearts
3 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

By the way, how come no one knows that buying shoe to the other partner is bad luck? ha.

Wait... what???

Can someone tell me if the webtoon says what's gonna happen after their badluck omens? It's too weird if nothing happens after YJ's cracked cup, MS's scratched heel, and YS's cracked cup, scratched heel, AND crow...