[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

Episode 11 bts with English sub by jiminspaw on Youtube (click subtitles button):

Yay, TVN delivered with a single episode bts and on time too!:D They're really such actors; even when goofing off in the last bit they just had to be completely theatrical (PMY with her exaggerated hands and PSJ with his exaggerated fall). :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

arghhhhhh my heart is fluttering with their chemistry...:lol: my another fav best couple :love:

WHY WHY WHY THEIR LOOK SO SHY IN THIS SCENE??:lol: If a back hug already make them feel so hot. :lol::lol:

then how about your kiss scene PARK SEO JOON OPPA - PARK MIN YOUNG UNNIE?? :tounge_xd: IT'S ON FIRE!! HAHAHA :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

My two cents.  Did YJ fall asleep, or not?   if he did due to the previous night’s sleeplessness and an emotionally charged day with his parents, and with bro,  there is the early morning,  after he had rest.    In truth it does not need to be shown, just implied.   The preview contains references previously not mentioned, which feels like they already did.    Bulldozer, lol.    To add to that, lusty and sexy bulldozer,  Yongjooni-ah.   as his bff mentioned.   

And the definite wanting to go back to MS a soon as possible,   as if walking faster made a huge difference.     It does  feel like a relationship that has already gone to the next level. 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Yeah I really want them to get found out, hmmm i don't remember a woman friend in the novel or webtoon. You could be right, it maybe they added it for like a jealous spat. Maybe she is just a business connection to YJ.

I don't think there is a woman friend in the webtoon either. (remember, I'm just looking at pictures ;)).  I really wish they wouldn't stray from the webtoon like that just to make MiSo jealous. 

That direction doesn't make sense to me - even the business trip separation. First of all, doesn't Secretary Kim ALWAYS accompany YJ on his business trips? I mean, who's going to tie his ties?

Second of all, I know he used to date, but it never meant anything to him, and he definitely didn't allow other women to touch him. So it would be way out of character for him to allow that now. 

• Like 8

One thing I like to point out is  even though he had a phobia to women he did not go out of his way to be mean or anything to them.We usually see that type of stuff.

I will also say he one of the best boss characters in a drama to me.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, aisling said:

Does a bulldozer have any sexual connotations? Or why did MS call him like that?

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but he is called a Romance Bulldozer :P I heard it in one of his interviews for his movie "Midnight Runner". The interview was with Kang Ha Nuel and it was hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Park Seo Joon’s Popularity In China Rises Thanks To His Performance In “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

Park-Seo-Joon-8-e1531513994716.jpg

Park Seo Joon’s popularity in China is soaring thanks to his impressive acting in the popular drama “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.”

See Also: Park Seo Joon And Park Min Young Share Sweet Embrace In "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim"

On July 12, Park Seo Joon placed second on the societal influence ranking of Weibo’s daily Hallyuinfluencers chart. The actor ranked the highest of all Korean actors, and just one spot behind BTS overall in this specific category. “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” also recently appeared among realtime search keywords on Weibo, with the phrase “Secretary Kim finally kissed,” taking first place in search rankings and top spots in other charts.

Park-Seo-Joon-7.jpg

Park Seo Joon previously gained attention in China for his role in “She Was Pretty.” Interest in the actor has continued to rise thanks to “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.”

One industry source explained, “Park Seo Joon’s romantic yet refreshing charms and Chinese netizens’ interest in ‘What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim’ have had a synergistic effect. There has been a sudden increase in Chinese netizens who are re-watching Park Seo Joon’s previous works. These netizens also share their reviews of the dramas, and affectionately call him vice president or Young Joon [Park Seo Joon’s character] oppa.”

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” has been seeing success domestically as well, with the drama recently achieving a new personal best in viewership ratings.

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out the first episode of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” if you haven’t already! Viki is also offering a 40 percent off sale for early access and ad-free HD viewing of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.” You can learn more here.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, j9sshi said:

I don't think there is a woman friend in the webtoon either. (remember, I'm just looking at pictures ;)).  I really wish they wouldn't stray from the webtoon like that just to make MiSo jealous. 

That direction doesn't make sense to me - even the business trip separation. First of all, doesn't Secretary Kim ALWAYS accompany YJ on his business trips? I mean, who's going to tie his ties?

Second of all, I know he used to date, but it never meant anything to him, and he definitely didn't allow other women to touch him. So it would be way out of character for him to allow that now. 

hmm so far the writing has been rather solid, i dont think it would be that bad. so far they have not really stray that much away from both the novel and webtoon.

I feel they are just mixing elements of both the novel and webtoon together.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaslinnj said:

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but he is called a Romance Bulldozer :P I heard it in one of his interviews for his movie "Midnight Runner". The interview was with Kang Ha Nuel and it was hilarious. 

Apparently he also mentioned it in the Vlive for this show; the post caption says he was nicknamed "rom-com bulldozer" because of Fight My Way, and he joked that he hopes to become a "rom-com excavator" with Why Secretary Kim. (Insta clip of the interview under the spoiler)

Spoiler

It doesn't seem to have a very positive connotation when Mi So used it though, since he went running to Yoo Sik to vent. :D Not sure about what it really means, but I guess we'll find out!

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

One thing I like to point out is  even though he had a phobia to women he did not go out of his way to be mean or anything to them.We usually see that type of stuff.

That is a very good point. I'm really glad the creative team chose to do it that way.

1 hour ago, libra22 said:

New stills!

Aww, teasing her with the height again. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 11

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim11-00395.jpg

It’s long past time for the truth to be revealed, and it’s both more horrifying than we imagined, and more heartwarming than should be possible. There’s a reason for everything, including Young-joon’s behavior for the past nine years. He’s been tragically misunderstood, but there’s a good reason for that too, as we learn that everything he’s done his whole life has been for one goal — to protect the heart of one innocent little girl.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-11/

• Like 8

6 hours ago, MarMi_Lei said:

========

backhug Drama and reality1f923.png

they are playful when their together.:D

What’s wrong with them in third gif? Why did they do with their eyes and hand gesture? Was that their signal or sweet gesture to each other? Omooo:w00t:

Edited by bebebisous33
Don't quote Gifs. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I went on a 2 hours road trip yesterday and keep thinking of Secretary Kim and her boss in the previous episode. Gosh, not sure why i keep repeating certain scene in my head, and its not even about the last kissing scene... sigh.. im getting old.

1. Yes, why did PMY suddenly fled the hugging scene in the bts, PSJ was surprised with that as well I think?

2. As everyone else commented, the child actors are great.

3. Did you guys see how BOUNCY PSJ's hair was when he ran his fingers to it, after that (frustrating) night with "Mi-so"? What shampoo did he use? hahhaha

4. Happy to see that President Park YS, will at least reunite with his ex at the end of the drama... at least that is the indication. They lasted 10 years, I'm not sure why President Park lose her... perhaps he is immature.. hmmm...

5. When MS wanted to resign, she tolerated YJ's dialogue, ie, things like - he is handsome, sexy, etc etc; because she will miss him, hence that is why he is there for her; because she likes him, that is why he is at the beach with her family - those types of words - it may look innocent, however i suspect if they do get married, YJ probably had to quite saying things like that. With MS's personality, I'm sure she will set him straight.

6. I hope ep.13 would show us that YJ did NOT failed to get MS into 'bed' - I hope he did, because we dont want to much failure on YJ especially on 'skip-ship matter', if you can call that.... again I reiterate the couch is not the best place for making out - oh the stains... hahahaha...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Omo omo! Did she literally ran out because the weather was too hot or because they felt so affected after a back hug??? My shipper heart can’t take it!

PMY looks adorable running out of the room. I applaud their professionalism for completing the shooting when the room was burning hot :) 

It is usually the lights that create so much of heat while shooting. Been behind the scenes for a shoot and my god... the lights freaking burn!!! 

• Like 9

I read a fun article about PMY's fashion today! Since the start I was amazed, the fashion coordinator really has a keen eye! Not really a fashionista but she looks so good with both the fit and colour :grin: no wonder he can't keep his hands off her haha 

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20180713000652

Thanks for all the updates, in anticipation of next week i'm enjoying the thread a lot :heart: i especially appreciate the gifs haha,  Wednesday come fast!!

• Like 7