[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

1 hour ago, MeritaG said:

I agree with you. I haven't been able to see the full episode 8 with the correct translation. I have checked dramacool, dramanice, kissasian, dramacool9.io ----- they have incorrect translation. But in the ig spoiler, we can see that there are links with the correct translation. 

Anyone, please help us. :cold_sweat:

I had the same problem, yhe subs were wrong for ep.8. I finally Whatched at Kissasian 

• Like 2

@minmangfan what a long and detail explanation. Thanks, I am glad that you give us your experience in production house. I have never thought of those things, just like watching and admire from tv. About PMY fashion style and hairdo, they suit her. She works as secretary of vice chairman (son of the owner) of course she has to wear clothes like now. 

I love KMS character here, she is a cheerful-smart-efficient and also a humble-matured lady, even though she is the only secretary for YJ 9 years she never brags about her position as the most VVIP secretary between her co-workers even once. She also served her co-workers with take-out coffee (in an episode she went downstairs just to buy coffee for them) and went out office to have workshop tohether. She sacrificed her future for her family and worked as hard as hardworking cow. No wonder for nine f*cking years YJ kept her as his only secretary besides his feeling for her of course. 

As I post before, I love this drama more and more, it’s better to visualized every character from the novel or webtoon. 

18 minutes ago, camichi said:

I had the same problem, yhe subs were wrong for ep.8. I finally Whatched at Kissasian 

I have watched viu.com cause it’s legal and have better and right translation. But it only aired in few south east asian countries.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

@MeritaG Hello! I work for productions and that being said, characters do have their own color palettes and style guide (type of clothes, hair style, and make up included), depending on their character's attitude, behavior, and work environment. The colors of their clothes and their styles will have to belong to their assigned palette/style guide except maybe for some "special" scenes or scenes that would mark a pivotal change in their character's behavior.

Hope I answered your question. :grin:

Wow... thank you. You are surely very knowledgeable in this particular area. :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, minseojoon said:

Popular webtoon/novel fans didn't think he was "handsome" enough and he was not suited to play the part (compared to webtoon LYJ).  But it was nothing compared to when TVN announced that PMY was offered and considering the part of MiSo. There were MASSIVE outcry on Naver by novel/webtoon fans their disapproval and that they won't watch the drama. TVN had to write a statement stating that the cast had not been finalized in order to calm them down. But I''m glad TVN didn't waver to fans demand and went with their first instinct and casted her anyways. And I am grateful PMY didn't feel discouraged from the webtoon/novel fans' responses and accepted the offer. Now...those fans played a different tune after they saw how wonderful these two have brought the webtoon to life!

Yes, I'm really happy that PMY got the role.  Really hope this will just be the beginning of more TVN dramas for her.  This way she'll get to act with less restrictions and that would be good to hone more her acting skills.  I love TVN .... almost all of my favorite dramas are under their production.  

• Like 12

It's nice to see PMY getting equal attention as her lead actors these days. She was overshadowed by LMH, that Healer guy (forgot thr name) and many more in her previous works.

And PSJ needs to do a Melo ASAP. If they are making a remake of MISA, pls try and get PSJ as Cha Moo Hyuk!

• Like 8

What can you say about park seo joon and park min young Chemistry? Are they giving us the same vibes that songsong couple have before and after dots? I really love then together and i want then to date and fall for each other badly. Awww.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, lyca mena said:

What can you say about park seo joon and park min young Chemistry? Are they giving us the same vibes that songsong couple have before and after dots? I really love then together and i want then to date and fall for each other badly. Awww.

Never watched DOTS, but PSJ and PMY chemistry in this drama makes me kind of want them to be together in real life. :wub: It's their chemistry that keeps me hooked in this drama.

• Like 8

Hello everyone. I’ve been lurking this thread from begining and really enjoying all the comments. Regarding about they relationship for 9 years, of of LSJ like her from beginning. He has transformed Sec Kim from very plain, baggy blouse/shirt to a well-groom, beautiful and silk wearing blouse Sec Kim! Even Mi-So sisters suspiciously said Mr VP has crush on her because he actually buying her everything including a car to his secretary. 

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, lyca mena said:

I can't speak about Park Seo Joon since this is the first drama of his that I got to watch.... but as a long time Park Min Young fan... all I can say is that Park Min Young also has good/great chemistry with almost all her previous on screen partners.

I can attest to that cause.... I have been jumping from one ship to another because of her hahaha and it's crazy you know :blush: but it's also fun.  I tell you after this drama.... give me more of Park Min Young and Yoo Yeon Seok interaction in Busted season 2 and I'm definitely "in" lol.  Maybe another Ji Chang Wook - Park Min Young drama after his military service or a cute romantic comedy with Lee Joon Ki or Yeon Woo Jin  ... that would be the end of me lol

P.S. you can ask @minseojoon cause she keeps changing her name hahahaha

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

46 minutes ago, saved2K said:

I can't speak about Park Seo Joon since this is the first drama of his that I got to watch.... but as a long time Park Min Young fan... all I can say is that Park Min Young also has good/great chemistry with almost all her previous on screen partners.

I can attest to that cause.... I have been jumping from one ship to another because of her hahaha and it's crazy you know :blush: but it's also fun.  I tell you after this drama.... give me more of Park Min Young and Yoo Yeon Seok interaction in Busted season 2 and I'm definitely "in" lol.  Maybe another Ji Chang Wook - Park Min Young drama after his military service or a cute romantic comedy with Lee Joon Ki or Yeon Woo Jin  ... that would be the end of me lol

P.S. you can ask @minseojoon cause she keeps changing her name hahahaha

@saved2K Now that you've mentioned it, I remember watching that bit part in Busted where PMY was interacting with YYS now and it made me realize she really is a chameleon when it comes to male co-actors. That moment when she called him "oppa" and flirted with him on the bus made my heart flutter a little bit. Although it will also be nice if PSJ guests in Season 2 of Busted, because I would like to see how PMY interacts with him knowing that they have been together in a drama before filming. 

2 hours ago, imels said:

@minmangfan what a long and detail explanation. Thanks, I am glad that you give us your experience in production house. I have never thought of those things, just like watching and admire from tv. About PMY fashion style and hairdo, they suit her. She works as secretary of vice chairman (son of the owner) of course she has to wear clothes like now. 

I love KMS character here, she is a cheerful-smart-efficient and also a humble-matured lady, even though she is the only secretary for YJ 9 years she never brags about her position as the most VVIP secretary between her co-workers even once. She also served her co-workers with take-out coffee (in an episode she went downstairs just to buy coffee for them) and went out office to have workshop tohether. She sacrificed her future for her family and worked as hard as hardworking cow. No wonder for nine f*cking years YJ kept her as his only secretary besides his feeling for her of course. 

As I post before, I love this drama more and more, it’s better to visualized every character from the novel or webtoon. 

I have watched viu.com cause it’s legal and have better and right translation. But it only aired in few south east asian countries.

@imels You're welcome. Thought I had to pitch in my share because I've already seen a few comments about their outfits in this drama. 

And I agree. KMS is level-headed and dedicated, even though her dedication can be at fault and has resulted into her not being able to enjoy her personal life for 9 years. I love how she has managed to evolve from the hesitant secretary to a confident and competent secretary that she is now. Her outfits evolved with her, too. Although now that I think about it maybe it's also because she gets clothing allowance from LYJ. He's the type to care about the looks of his secretary. 

Noob moment: I still don't know how to include photos in my posts. :tounge_wink:

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, minseojoon said:

Somehow it became a yearly tradition 2018new_huaixiao_org.png

Hahahaha.  How many shippers' thread have you started so far???? :love:

P.S. Will TVN show the BTS of this amazing kissing scene?  I also want to see that scene where they are eating pizza and the bff suddenly barged in hahaha hilarious perhaps

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, lyca mena said:

I have seen their BTS and they look adorable. Their first BTS videos did not show them that close but looks like they are have become really friendly off-screen.

I've been a PSJ fan since Kill me, heal me and I have shipped him with every co-star. So I think he is an amazing actor and person who can create chemistry with all his costars (male and female). 

BUT what has got me on board the Park-Park ship was the KISS. Did anyone notice that in one shot, her hair has come undone. Did he kiss so passionately???? I can only imagine :) :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, lyca mena said:

I haven't seen DOTS, but tbh I'm not really getting romantic vibes between PMY and PSJ in the bts for this show. Then again my standard for "romantic vibes" in bts videos is Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo in W -- skinship and flirting galore! :lol: I've looked up some of PMY and PSJ's clips and bts videos from their previous dramas, and they had great chemistry with each of their partners. I think they just have that special ability to generate really good chemistry with whomever they're paired with.

I hope TVN still gives us two bts videos for the week. They usually post the first one on a Friday, but there was nothing this time. :tears: I really hope they give us the bts of the kiss, because I'm pretty sure PMY was standing on a crate for some of the closer shots, and that would be funny to see. And also of the almost-kiss interrupted by Yoo Shik, because that must have been hilarious to film.

And speaking of The Kiss, I've decided it's the best first kiss in Kdrama that I've seen (I haven't really seen a lot of Kdramas though, heh). It's not just the aesthetics, although that was stellar. It's because at that point their feelings were clear to themselves and to each other,  they both wanted to kiss each other, and the female lead was actually kissing back. It's sad that those things seem to be the exception rather than the rule in Kdramaland. I mean too often first kisses in Kdrama lack any consent; the male lead just grabs the female lead and kisses her, while she stands there unmoving in shock. Like how is that romantic? Not in my book. So thank you, show, for giving us that kiss. (Although I could have done without the wrist grab...)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1