[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

3 hours ago, lolly84 said:

I just found a video on YT very very interesting...

Reveal hidden contents

Their first night together in webtoon with sub eng!!!!

I wonder if they will show it in drama...maybe in a pure way but i think they'll show it 'cause both actors played similar parts in others works before!!^^

WOW the song of this video belongs to the OST of the drama Healer, Eternal Love by Michael Learns, is my favorite, every time I hear it it reaches my heart and makes me cry.:heart:

• Like 11

23 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

One thing I like about Kim Mi So is her fashion style: both her work clothes and her daily clothes. But what I really like the most are her earrings. 

Have I to work as secretary to have them? :phew: (I wouldn't mind if Park Seo Yoon was my boss either).

I second that!!!  As I said previously kudoos to La Stella Stone Hedge for sponsoring her.  I think all the jewellery accessories are from Stone Hedge.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, camichi said:

I love Korean Fashion...It depends of the taste of everyone. I think Koreans have a very good sense of fasion and i love it and what i like the most are those asymmetrical skirts that the crazy girl frequently  wears. 

i don't know about koreans but korean drama fashion is bad. And if i am to trust variety shows, clearly koreans don't wear these outrageous designs.. i don't know why designers experiment in the dramas without a purpose... clothes aren't there for the heck of it.. they are part of characterizations. anyways.. i am surprised if people like that sense of style

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree with you @mushforbrains... We just saw a flashback nine years ago. When he first saw her, he had the longing eyes just for her but sadly she did not remember him.  

Some people here question in the 9 years they worked together there was no spark, I myself choose to see it this way. Since we haven't seen all there years together we can't assume there was no spark.  I think he might have wanted to with her but couldn't quite get his "HiNTS" through the nine years. Like for example their fisrt meeting, she thought he was bragging about being the chairman son when it was the opposite. Both inexperienced in love we wouldn't know how to begin dating. Another example Asking if you ramen??? She had no idea the meaning behind it. LOL LOL  I felt after the first meeting, LYJ just kept up the image of being narcissistic with her and it became his image permanently.  

What do you guys think??? @nonski   @USAFarmgirl @bebebisous33 @SeGafanlady @Wotad @averia  @kaoriharang  @lolly84   

i am one of the disbelievers in the 9 years two unmarried, unattached, adult gorgeous hetero beings of the opposite sex can work so closely and do not enter into a romantic relationship.. But they do mention that he did not date. Perhaps as a narcissist he could never deem to care for anyone other than himself, no one good enough.  Or, he is used to women throwing themselves at him, because he is rich, successful and so very handsome. (We do see that one relationship with the woman he uses as his beard - when he needs a date to go to certain public events )  It appears he made believe he was in a relationship to scare others off.  Still what about pretty KMS?  She must have her girl dreams of a knight in shining armor?  Who did she dream about?   I imagine she has seen the worst of him and his arrogance and she needed to stay focused on her father' debt and her sister's educaton, but still, he is so drop dead gorgeous............    Maybe more realistic (if that is necessary in a rom/com) if they were working together 2-3 years,   nine years is a really really long time.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I think there is a bit of a confusion,

right now both brothers have sort of had a memory swap.

In actuality, YJ was the one kidnapped and SY was the one that caused it to happen (well he didnt cause it, more like he didnt prevent it)

However, right now YJ has pretended to forget everything, while SY believe it was him that got kidnapped instead.

As to is SY pretending on purpose, he isnt. SY has always been mentally weak and as such, when YJ got kidnapped. SY was overcome with such guilt that somehow he made a switch (in his mind) that it was him that got kidnapped and YJ did not help or prevent it from happening.

yes i agree to that except that YJ hasn't (PSJ, younger bro) had the memory swap.. only SY has the memory blockage like kill me heal me.. and furthermore YJ is actively living the lie for the sake of his brother..

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i don't know about koreans but korean drama fashion is bad. And if i am to trust variety shows, clearly koreans don't wear these outrageous designs.. i don't know why designers experiment in the dramas without a purpose... clothes aren't there for the heck of it.. they are part of characterizations. anyways.. i am surprised if people like that sense of style

True there. The sec fashion style took me unaware. It's not the normal Korean gloomy fashion seen in almost all their dramas.

As far as fashion is concerned, they are still in the dark days. Maybe bc they are a conservative society but the ladies show legs a lot so I wonder what they are hiding again.  

But look at how those clothes brought out her feminity. So seductive. Well, I read somewhere that body doesn't matter much to Korean men than the face but in my hood, men go crazy for great curves. The backside and front must correspond and visible too. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, darr said:

True there. The sec fashion style took me unaware. It's not the normal Korean gloomy fashion seen in almost all their dramas.

As far as fashion is concerned, they are still in the dark days. Maybe bc they are a conservative society but the ladies show legs a lot so I wonder what they are hiding again.  

But look at how those clothes brought out her feminity. So seductive. Well, I read somewhere that body doesn't matter much to Korean men than the face but in my hood, men go crazy for great curves. The backside and front must correspond and visible too. 

they do?

i thought face trumps everywhere..

and that's why mostly you don't want fat on your face.. rest is alright..

curves with an ugly face Vs b'ful face with an ugly body :)  (forget men.. even if women were to pick both in guys and themselves)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

she needed to stay focused on her father' debt and her sister's educaton, but still, he is so drop dead gorgeous......

@maddymappo ...  You said it chingu , since this is a dramaland it is possible.You are correct  LYJ is gorgeous and I believe she is  attracted to him but due to his arrogance ( which is definitely an armor)it would put her off from daydreaming about him. I think the attraction was already there but she just never noticed it.  I feel that LYJ was already grooming her to be his wife. She prepared his clothes for work and served him tea. When he would do nice things for her and she would assume he was being nice to her because of work when it was to make things easier for her. ALso she said it herself she worked so hard because she needed to pay off her father's and sister's death. It was a sacrifice well deserved. I think if she wanted time off , LYJ would have let her date because like he said " he can handle anything about her because he is confident". She was the one who had control of the reigns of their relationship. 

LYJ has some serious issues that is why he did not date seriously or let any female near /touch him. I also think this is a rule his own mother had to follow.  I think he is suffering from PTSD concerning woman. His own mother noticed that KMS was the only female aloud to touch him. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

Haha.. i did have a browse to that forum just now, because I'm curious.... i've read somewhere that there were times when PSJ was considered too 'ugly' to be part of the drama... why was that?

Was it just a pun - because he was in "she was pretty" and hence bitter netizens just say he is ugly for the role? Though PSJ did address the concerns by saying, no choice, he has been casted and he will try his best to be a handsome YJ. 

Ep8  show how PSJ has won many hearts and the Park-Park couple rules - highest rated data on a paid cable this week... :D

Popular webtoon/novel fans didn't think he was "handsome" enough and he was not suited to play the part (compared to webtoon LYJ).  But it was nothing compared to when TVN announced that PMY was offered and considering the part of MiSo. There were MASSIVE outcry on Naver by novel/webtoon fans their disapproval and that they won't watch the drama. TVN had to write a statement stating that the cast had not been finalized in order to calm them down. But I''m glad TVN didn't waver to fans demand and went with their first instinct and casted her anyways. And I am grateful PMY didn't feel discouraged from the webtoon/novel fans' responses and accepted the offer. Now...those fans played a different tune after they saw how wonderful these two have brought the webtoon to life!

88794f93gy1fstch8l19nj21kw11x0zj.jpg

Spoiler

88794f93gy1fstch8pdypj21kw11xgsr.jpg

88794f93gy1fstch8ncxaj21kw11x7di.jpg

88794f93gy1fstch8kbvyj21kw11xdnc.jpg

006kRk8kgy1fst0dkfiqqj31kw11x7cv.jpg

006kRk8kgy1fst0dijywmj31kw11xgtt.jpg

006k_Rk8kgy1fst0djgw94j31kw11xk1t.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

I am a little confused, or maybe not.

What annoy me the most are The Parents.

Lets’ see. YJ was kidnapped because of his brother fault. Them because of the bad situation at home after that horrible episode YJ faked that he lost his memory and he pretend he don’t remember anything about that in order to avoid the sadness in the family . SJ don’t know how to face his brother and his parents as a little coward. He felt “guilty” and decides to fool the whole family and takes YJ personality and fakes psychological issues.

The parents, believing that YJ remember nothing allow SJ to blame YJ, how can they let him to carry the guilt?  He knows he was the one who was abducted but his parents and his brother don’t know that he knows. Suppose that YJ would have really lost his memory. He would have lived as a miserable person.  I can’t stand how his parents could accept YJ to live like that.

Am I wrong? There is something I didn’t understand?

The writer brother is the biggest coward around Dramaland world pretending he is the victim and the only he has done is manipulate his family.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Can you imagine the type of proposal he would do for her?

I really hope to see atleast that, it would not be too quick either they known each other for so long already.

I also want to see the kind of proposal he will do for her. But after they have their first night :yum: We need to see their compatibility in bed, right? :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

On 6/30/2018 at 7:44 AM, imels said:

Just like in novel or webtoon actually, LSY as big brother has mental sickness not because LYJ is smarter and better in school, but also because he always has a melancholy feeling and maybe always thinking of selfishly. No wonder he has chosen his path as a writer cause he can write everything inside his delusional mind. I think SY character is better brought by LTH even though he is younger than the leads, but the truth that SY character is like a teenager who trapped in an adult man.

I haven't watched/read the webtoon, so I have no idea where the story is going. Not sure why the family is pretending that LSY is the one that was kidnapped when it was LYJ--from what I can tell so far.  I get the impression that LSY is pretending to have no memory of the kidnapping. I have to agree about LSY using writing as an outlet.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, tan10can said:

Can SomeONE please post or sent me a link for Ep 8 with the right subtitles. It's really frustrating to watch Ep8 and reading everything wrong..  PLEASE

Thank you

I agree with you. I haven't been able to see the full episode 8 with the correct translation. I have checked dramacool, dramanice, kissasian, dramacool9.io ----- they have incorrect translation. But in the ig spoiler, we can see that there are links with the correct translation. 

Anyone, please help us. :cold_sweat:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MeritaG said:

I agree with you. I haven't been able to see the full episode 8 with the correct translation. I have checked dramacool, dramanice, kissasian, dramacool9.io ----- they have incorrect translation. But in the ig spoiler, we can see that there are links with the correct translation. 

Anyone, please help us. :cold_sweat:

Spoiler

kA (rapidv version) has the correct subs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, minseojoon said:

Popular webtoon/novel fans didn't think he was "handsome" enough and he was not suited to play the part (compared to webtoon LYJ).  But it was nothing compared to when TVN announced that PMY was offered and considering the part of MiSo. There were MASSIVE outcry on Naver by novel/webtoon fans their disapproval and that they won't watch the drama. TVN had to write a statement stating that the cast had not been finalized in order to calm them down. But I''m glad TVN didn't waver to fans demand and went with their first instinct and casted her anyways. And I am grateful PMY didn't feel discouraged from the webtoon/novel fans' responses and accepted the offer. Now...those fans played a different tune after they saw how wonderful these two have brought the webtoon to life!

That's good to hear :) Perhaps they thought she was 'older' for the role. We can see how mature or competent she is as the secretary which is a perfect fit to the role.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, MeritaG said:

I noticed that too. But in the drama or movie, is it a must to have a match color or at least their clothes has to support the message that they are trying to convey? I mean they have fashion stylist in the production to manage this right? And most of part in the drama even in the press conference, usually a marketing of some kind of products they are wearing --- like the clothes, the jewelry, drinks, pizza, restaurant/coffee shop, car.  

I don't know. Maybe some other friends could give also opinion on this.

@MeritaG Hello! I work for productions and that being said, characters do have their own color palettes and style guide (type of clothes, hair style, and make up included), depending on their character's attitude, behavior, and work environment. The colors of their clothes and their styles will have to belong to their assigned palette/style guide except maybe for some "special" scenes or scenes that would mark a pivotal change in their character's behavior.

From the onset of the production we make scene per scene cards to align the color palette and styles of all characters involved in the scene so as to make sure that nobody will stick out like a sore thumb unless necessary for the scene / character. In television where big stars are involved, they can have their own stylists, but these stylists however would still need to follow the style card very closely as required for the scene, and then check with other stylists as they dress up their assigned characters for the day.

Here are other things as far as I know:

1) Some will change styles / color palettes as their characters develop. This is mostly seen in revenge dramas and with characters who are overcoming extreme shyness / awkwardness / trauma. Think: Temptation of Wife, Full House, Personal Preference

2) History dictates that having your hair tied up is a symbol of restriction, while letting it down is a symbol of freedom. I think this is why Mi So generally has her hair tied up when working and lets it down at home -- except for that one time during the Spanish Ambassador's party, although this was intentionally done to make her not look like a secretary.

3) Stronger (read: mostly evil) characters wear clothes with more structure and of darker colors (Think black and deep red, like the abductor wore in Young Joon's dreams). Flamboyant characters wear warm, bright colors and unconventional cuts (Bong Se Ra). Feminine characters wear softer fabric and colors from the cool end of the spectrum (Kim Mi So) 

4) Members of the same family especially those with young kids would usually wear clothes that belong to the same palette. They can have their own styles and trademark colors, but the color palette never strays so far off.

5) Some couples can have very different styles when their characters are very different. Long term couples, however, usually have similar color palettes and style. I think this is why they use similar color palettes for Kim Mi So and Lee Young Joon. Having to work with each other and being around each other for 9 years should have been the reason for either of them adapting each other's sense of style. The sense of familiarity between the two should be evident not only in their interaction but also in their clothing.

On your comment about the product's marketing, it is called "intrusion". Product intrusion means including the products in the scene or as part of the script in the show (Think: When Minmin bought Bongbong ROYCE chocolates in Be Strong Bong Soon; and when Lee Young Joon gave Kim Mi So the necklace from STONEHENGE; and how all of Kim Mi So's jewellery are from STONEHENGE as well :open_mouth:)

These are sponsors who gave a big amount of money or services or products in-kind for the production, and product intrusion is included in the ex-deal for their sponsorship. The production company will usually look for sponsors prior to the production of the show to either give them money in support of the show or provide products for the production to use.

The products should not necessarily be a product endorsement of the celebrities in the show, although their endorsements are first priority when in comes to sponsorship deals (PMY's Shiseido).

Hope I answered your question. :grin:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11