[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

16 hours ago, lolly84 said:

I just found a video on YT very very interesting...

Hide contents

Their first night together in webtoon with sub eng!!!!

[YouTube video]

I wonder if they will show it in drama...maybe in a pure way but i think they'll show it 'cause both actors played similar parts in others works before!!^^

It's hilarious how the OP used PMY's Healer OST for this video :D:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Daebak!!!   to all of you who have noticed that her hair became undone after that passionate kiss.  You all have very sharp eyes.  Thanks @MeritaG for the video hahaha

50 minutes ago, blahdeyblah said:

[YouTube video]

It's hilarious how the OP used PMY's Healer OST for this video :D:D

Exactly my thoughts too.... :grin:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, MeritaG said:

Is this what you're talking about..... :phew:

hehe, yes!!! Kind of makes you wish to watch the BTS of the scene. What was he doing with his fingers?? ... Pretty sure, her stylist must have been pissed at PSJ. :P 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

14 minutes ago, jaslinnj said:

hehe, yes!!! Kind of makes you wish to watch the BTS of the scene. What was he doing with his fingers?? ... Pretty sure, her stylist must have been pissed at PSJ. :P 

Lol somebody mentioned in the shipper's thread how Park Seo Joon is holding Park Min Young's entire throat and not just her neck hahaha.  I am worried he might break her neck.... good that he was able to control his passion and manage to untangle her hair only :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

16 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

@Ondinewatch healer for stellar kisses...lol

Yeah, I've seen clips of the kisses from Healer. They look great together, great chemistry onscreen and bts, and JCW is soooo fiiiiiine. :wub:

I just remembered in one of the bts clips in the scene where Young Joon wonders if there's something wrong with his heart, PMY is wearing platform wedges. Mi So doesn't wear wedges, so I'm guessing it's for closer shots. Maybe that's what they had her use in The Kiss scene. :D

• Like 8

After watching ep 7 & 8, we now know that YJ knew MS before and was protective of her. And KMS misunderstood a  simple "Do you know who I am" question from YJ. She thought he was a narcissist. We can see the difference in the same setting as Ep 2 and Ep 7. So which got me analyzing this scene. 

Spoiler

DgJLrQD.jpg

You can see clearly from here that KMS is diagonally behind him and talking/flirting with the Spanish guys. What follows after this scene, he sees something in the mirror, goes towards it and KMS joins him. Cut to the scene in the car, where he is asking her about the Spanish men.

Did YJ see her in the mirror and walk over there to get her away from them? Or was he being his narcissistic self? 

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 4

Episode 7 recap from Dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-7/

I love this part of the author's commentary (I put in bold my extra-favorite parts):

I just love Young-joon’s odd personality; he’s so different from most drama heroes (though I admit a lot of that is Park Seo-joon’s quirky interpretation of the character). At first I thought that his arrogant side was a cover for his traumatized inside, but the more I watch, the more I think that both sides are equally valid. He really is that self-centered and conceited, but he’s also very sensitive and insightful. His observation that Mi-so’s spider probably only seemed huge because she was very small was pretty incredible, and I love how he’s fully embraced his feelings for her now that he’s acknowledged them. He’s utterly unafraid to show and tell Mi-so how he feels, and to follow her around like a (ridiculously confident) puppy to prove to her that she feels the same about him.

I also found the song that was playing in the background when Mi So and Seung Yeon had lunch which I thought was pretty, thanks to DB commenter gambol; it's Pure Heart by Winterplay:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jaslinnj said:

After watching ep 7 & 8, we now know that YJ knew MS before and was protective of her. And KMS misunderstood a  simple "Do you know who I am" question from YJ. She thought he was a narcissist. We can see the difference in the same setting as Ep 2 and Ep 7. So which got me analyzing this scene. 

Hide contents

DgJLrQD.jpg

You can see clearly from here that KMS is diagonally behind him and talking/flirting with the Spanish guys. What follows after this scene, he sees something in the mirror, goes towards it and KMS joins him. Cut to the scene in the car, where he is asking her about the Spanish men.

Did YJ see her in the mirror and walk over there to get her away from them? Or was he being his narcissistic self? 

Wow daebak! This is very interesting. ;)

• Like 5

waiting wenesday and thurdays case i have to wait few days more what might happen to the older brother of

young joon when he know that kim misoo,  and lee young joon are couple now also waiting for those of bedscene:naughty: others say the people on this forum would have then i'm not perverted  I just want those really hot and bed scene in k drama and i don't know why:love:
all of why secretary kim ost is beautiful but the only one i loved the most  is Love Virus:relaxed:

Edited by Nickson Unadia
  • Like 9

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 7

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim07-00051.jpg

This drama is unusual in that everything that happens in the present is informed by the past. But it’s a past that hasn’t been revealed to the audience yet, so the characters often behave in ways that make total sense to them, while we’re left guessing at their motivations and reactions. But the past is slowly being uncovered, and the secrets it holds are unexpected and surprising, particularly when it turns out that our arrogant, oblivious vice president may not be as oblivious as we thought — in fact, he just might have been playing a long game from the beginning.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-7/

• Like 12

On 6/30/2018 at 10:11 PM, Delulu_jie2830 said:

I like how we notice the little details of the drama, like it shows how much care and interest we put to this. 

At the same time I am confused, if she always goes to his house to pick his clothes every morning, why can't she go to the office together with YJ ? Hehehe :lol: 

I reckon she probably used to until she threw in her resignation. Remember she told the driver (Mr Yang?) to send YJ his ties instead? I'm just wondering what her notice period is. One month seems too short for all these things to be happening.

As for him being a player, I reckon too it was just an image he was keeping up. After all, he was also known to not let any woman touch him. He just kept up the reputation for keeping certain celebrities within his visible companionship, but otherwise, his character strikes me as one who is rather the introvert - he doesn't actually like company much.

My curiosity at this point with the show is really with the names of the 2 sons because of the mother's reference to "hyun", and Miso's memory of the name the little boy gave her. She seemed to remember thereafter that he had told her his name was "Lee Sung Yeon", unless she remembered wrongly after meeting him. So could it have been that in the supposed "memory loss" or garbled memories, the older brother assumed the memories/realities of the younger one, including taking on his name? And perhaps the parents let it be because it seemed easier to handle with those gaps? Both being in the same grade probably made it also seemingly easier to have a name swap, like a simple swap in identities. And maybe that's what made the mum loathe the father so much - perhaps the father allowed this to be the solution which mum always knew was broken under the surface of perfection. 

• Like 8

@jaslinnj after you mention the car scene.. i've just remember that the scene gives us hint that LYJ is jealous over the Spanish guy.. even wanted to give KMS special gift (or what he called as compensation) for anything, for just showing her left finger to the Spanish guy, which mean she is engaged/married :lol:

He indeed has love her for a long time without even realizing... I'm wondering when will the word "love" comes from our Presedir Lee' own mouth ??? :lol: *he is actually denying it when he is reading the poetry book :relaxed:

Unfortunately, i cannot read korean for the webtoon, so got NO clue at all.. 

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I reckon she probably used to until she threw in her resignation. Remember she told the driver (Mr Yang?) to send YJ his ties instead? I'm just wondering what her notice period is. One month seems too short for all these things to be happening.

As for him being a player, I reckon too it was just an image he was keeping up. After all, he was also known to not let any woman touch him. He just kept up the reputation for keeping certain celebrities within his visible companionship, but otherwise, his character strikes me as one who is rather the introvert - he doesn't actually like company much.

My curiosity at this point with the show is really with the names of the 2 sons because of the mother's reference to "hyun", and Miso's memory of the name the little boy gave her. She seemed to remember thereafter that he had told her his name was "Lee Sung Yeon", unless she remembered wrongly after meeting him. So could it have been that in the supposed "memory loss" or garbled memories, the older brother assumed the memories/realities of the younger one, including taking on his name? And perhaps the parents let it be because it seemed easier to handle with those gaps? Both being in the same grade probably made it also seemingly easier to have a name swap, like a simple swap in identities. And maybe that's what made the mum loathe the father so much - perhaps the father allowed this to be the solution which mum always knew was broken under the surface of perfection. 

My sis told me his "real" name (LYJ's real name in the drama) is Lee Sung Hyun. He changed it after claiming that he forgot the whole kidnapping event in order to keep the peace at the family. And the parents knew about it all. They played it along because they thought it's a better solution from a rather difficult options. 

6 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

They might let it slide; at the end of the day, the scene was amazing. Don't you agree? :P 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, libra22 said:

Not sure if this has been shared.

Interesting to see the difference between webtoon and drama for the 1st kissing scene.

@libra22 After seeing this comparison I can now say that I like the drama version more. The fact that LYJ confession about his trauma was made prior to the kiss scene (and even passed it off as a joke), and that it took some jealous air and KMS' confession about liking LYJ for the kiss to happen (and not a recollection of the kiss that KMS wrote in the survey) is more logical, more true to character, and more pivotal to me.

EDIT: Noob moment -- didn't know how to edit quotes. Sorry admin!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Delulu_jie2830 said:

They might let it slide; at the end of the day, the scene was amazing. Don't you agree? :P 

Totally agree! 100% :) i really hope they show the Bts of it. This kiss scene has raised my bar for future kdrama kiss scenes. 

I'm sure the stylist teams would have enjoyed the scene as well since they shared themselves watching the kiss scene on Instagram.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, saved2K said:

Yes, I'm really happy that PMY got the role.  Really hope this will just be the beginning of more TVN dramas for her.  This way she'll get to act with less restrictions and that would be good to hone more her acting skills.  I love TVN .... almost all of my favorite dramas are under their production.  

True... since TVN is a paid cable channel.... the only thing I don't like with TVN's are OST's.... and the cinematography are sometimes more cartoonish/animated feel....... KBS is more Korean-ish way.. but they have an awesome OST's, and the comedy dramas are really funny...

17 hours ago, dzareth said:

It's nice to see PMY getting equal attention as her lead actors these days. She was overshadowed by LMH, that Healer guy (forgot thr name) and many more in her previous works.

And PSJ needs to do a Melo ASAP. If they are making a remake of MISA, pls try and get PSJ as Cha Moo Hyuk!

I dont like PSJ in Melo's I have seen him Hwarang and it's like... mehhh...

PMY  really slays both in historicals and moderns..... Actually I really find her more funny on her comedy scenes in Healer & Queen for Seven Days (even thou this was bagged as melo)... but those dancing, singing, make over scenes are funny to me.... so natural.....

And she is also the Queen of chemistries... that I really liked her co-stars such as YAI & Song Joong Ki in Sungkyungkwan Scandal... JCW in Healer then YWJ in Queen for Seven Days... Thanks to her!..

I like PSJ too, but more in Fight for My Way ( thou actually I find some of his actings were copied from FFMW).....

But they are good partners too here in Sec Kim.....  A Noona- Junior vibe...

• Like 7