[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

I hope you guys are right about JEC faking that choking bit. Looks like in that scene JMR was looking at JEC as he drank the wine. Why would JEC be so darn stupid to be drinking wine with that old bixch.  Its a trick. I think he will be showing JMR just how his brother was choking and gasping for air in the water and then laugh at her afterwards. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I hope you guys are right about JEC faking that choking bit. Looks like in that scene JMR was looking at JEC as he drank the wine. Why would JEC be so darn stupid to be drinking wine with that old bixch.  Its a trick. I think he will be showing JMR just how his brother was choking and gasping for air in the water and then laugh at her afterwards. 

Yep it is something he will do. JEC always has a solution to their tactics so it will be fine. Man I can't wait for tomorrow.

• Like 11

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃 - Finale: Tonight @ 20:45 KST
7 hours ago, annisyadwir said:

And the way piljoo  look at to Mo hyun in preview is so sad.... can't explain in another word. I hope writer nim don't put us down with their story

I’ll probably want to bomb the whole village if the writer will give us just a last 5 minutes goodbye kinda open ending with them shaking hands and look at each other and slowly blurring away.... :angry:

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@purplebass I have a similar thought... they wouldn't show us such an event if this is the real cliffhanger. To me, they are misleading us. I hope, the circumstances of JSM's death will be finally revealed. This would be great if JSM, JKH and JMR got sent to jail for murder! 

J Seon M --> KPJ's car accident

JMR --> Oh and now KPJ

JKH --> NGC 

And who killed JSM?? Was it JMR, JSM, or JKH??!

• Like 11

On 2/2/2018 at 10:13 AM, annisyadwir said:

And the way piljoo  look at to Mo hyun in preview is so sad.... can't explain in another word. I hope writer nim don't put us down with their story

OMG I am soooo not believing the preview.. they did the harsh teasing with a mission to stir our nerves up because they know how much we anticipating the last 2 episode... the final chapter of our hero Kang Pil Joo between life and death journey of revenge...  so it is a must for Kang Pil Joo to stay alive untl the end.. does not matter if he finally unite with Na Mo Hyun or their story will end just there...

I am sure Kang Pil Joo will not die.. he will overcome the poison...

and then again my ahjumma fan shiper heart feels the pain when imagining their fated love can never see the sunlight.. after so long..... after everything they have been through together....

PLEASE writer nim listen to my crying heart..... :bawling:

• Like 13

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I hope, he is faking his death and had planned this in advance!! He needed a real proof that JMR is a killer!

@bebebisous33  I also thinks he's preparing JMR for her prison clothes.. KPJ seems smarter then that and may have anticipated this move from her not only do he have the proof in his body but also the proof if the same poisoning that Killed Mr.Oh.. I"m wondering if this poison got into JSM body.. 

I think this is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back not only poisoning the real heir to the family but also she will be outing JBC.. I think this is a stupid move on her part well if she didn't want JBC to know who his father was she just told the world herself..

39 minutes ago, philosophie said:

@philosophie  I personally think JMR poisoned him but G/pa is the real killer when he removed his oxygen mask.. So they both did.. I think we'll find out in the end.. We will get a flashback in the last episode of what really happened to him..  Another thing is JBC with the shot gun hide in Mr.Oh room.. He's going to be a sniper to take KPJ out because all he thinks of is KPJ used him and betrayed him and he sees it as the dog turn on his master so it's him that's got to take out his dog..

I think it's going to be a big scandal in the papers.. Reading something to the nature of Mooshinwin Heiress Kills Husband Legitimate Children To Keep Eldest G/child From Claiming His Rights..

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I personally think JMR poisoned him but G/pa is the real killer when he removed his oxygen mask.. So they both did.. I think we'll find out in the end.. We will get a flashback in the last episode of what really happened to him..  Another thing is JBC with the shot gun hide in Mr.Oh room.. He's going to be a sniper to take KPJ out because all he thinks of is KPJ used him and betrayed him and he sees it as the dog turn on his master so it's him that's got to take out his dog..

I think it's going to be a big scandal in the papers.. Reading something to the nature of Mooshinwin Heiress Kills Husband Legitimate Children To Keep Eldest G/child From Claiming His Rights..

If CCTV footage evidence that gpa and JSM were talking about in regards to death of KPJs dad, then we will probably see flashback when video is played. Was it the first time I saw KPJs dad in the flashback of him and bro drunk and him saying that JBCs not his son? Like it was preparing us to see the dad again since I never really saw a flashback with the actual actor. I can’t wait to see what happened.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

That's why I left it out, since there is nothing sure... Maybe they tried to kill him separately, unaware of what the others were doing... JMR poisoning him little by little so that the reason of his collapse was overwork: when JSM heard that his brother's condition was improving disliked it and chose to keep this info to himself as he knew that JKH had decided to remove the mask.

• Like 13

I have a feeling that all 3 had a hand in JSMs death. I'm looking forward to JEC teaching them a lesson they won't forget in their lives. JMR just digged her own graveyard by talking to the press lol. How stupid can she be when gramps filed a lawsuit regarding the inheritance. It is only a matter of time before the reporters start digging on their own :crazy:. I'm so going to enjoy the Jang family destroying themselves lol. And why is uncle out? I thought he will serving some jail time<_<.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I’ll probably want to bomb the whole village if the writer will give us just a last 5 minutes goodbye kinda open ending with them shaking hands and look at each other and slowly blurring away.... :angry:

:joy: Well lets pray that they at least give a hug rather than just a handshake. But i am praying that there will be a kiss scene tonight. If not i would want to bomb the whole village too. We invested 12 weeks for this after all:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

17 hours ago, Prettysup said:

What makes 'Money Flower' a heroic epic?

The beauty of Money Flower that many other dramas should learn from.

[EnterMedia = Jung Deok-hyeon] Where does the beauty that reminds us of a Greek tragedy come from? Now, when we look back on MBC's weekend drama ‘Money Flower’ which has only two episodes left, we will see that it possesses a unique aura among the reality of dramas today. Most other dramas either just follow a genre that plays with grammar, or they make use of provocative factors, which are unfortunately filling up the world of dramas today. In this case, when masterpieces appear occasionally, they become even more valuable.

‘Money Flower’ is a classic tragedy that we have not seen for a long time. The epic structure of this drama is almost like that of a Greek tragedy. It is a tragic re-creation of those who have left their roots out in the world. And since the revenge is carried against relatives, it becomes more fundamental and original.

What reveals these points directly is the relationship between Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk), Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi-sook), and Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae). Kang Pil-joo had spent many years getting back at Jung Mal-ran, and in the process he caused a tragedy to fall upon his whole family. The relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Jung Mal-ran is not only similar to that between a parent and a child, but also one between lovers. Eventually after Kang Pil-joo reveals his true identity, he destroys this whole relationship. Although this is revenge against Jung Mal-ran, but Kang Pil-joo, who was deeply involved, is also significantly hurt in the process.

The relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung-jo), the son of Jung Mal-ran, is the same. The two grew up together as children and formed a brotherly friendship. Although Kang Pil-joo has apparently lived his life calling himself ‘Jang Boo-cheon's dog’, there is something akin to brotherly love between them. When Jang Boo-cheon is in danger, Kang Pil-joo saves him. However, they are destined to fight each other to the death over the power of  Cheong-A group.

The relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Na Mo-hyun (Park Se-young) is even more pathetic. Although the two of them are determined to love each other, it is inevitable that they will face a catastrophic defeat. Na Mo-hyun discovered that her involvement with the Cheong-A group and her marriage to Jang Boo-cheon was all a fake situation created by Kang Pil-joo. When she got to  know that it was Cheong-A’s honorary chairman Jang Kook-hwan who forced her father to commit suicide, the blame landed upon Kang Pil-joo.

Eventually Kang Pil-joo will reach the top of the Cheong-A Group, but it is not a symbol of his success but rather, it is necessary for the completion of his revenge plan. And that revenge is only made possible by breaking the relationships that he has created for a lifetime, thus destroying himself at the same time. The process of Kang Pil-joo's ascend to the top and the completion of his revenge plan is driving himself towards the path of destruction. It is this tragic structure of ‘Money Flower’ that it becomes more vulnerable than any other drama.

So why is this drama telling us that the process of revenge and the success of reaching the top is a catastrophe at the same time? The answer lies in the title of this drama. ‘Money Flower’ is telling us that the desires that look pretty like a flower which everyone dreams of, are actually illusions and lies made out of money. Therefore, what makes this drama of such a special value, is that it captures the criticism of the material world of capital.

The character of honorary chairman Jang Kook-hwan, who kills his descendants for money, is a manifestation of the ugly and ruthless nature of this world. He acknowledges only pure blood, and considered a mixed blood as a target to be removed from the group. A man who makes others marry at will when necessary, who forces one to commit suicide when it is needed. He has the power to eat all kinds of good food and obtain everything with his words, but he is a monster created by the world of money.

From this point of view, this drama seems to be the epic of a destined hero named Kang Pil-joo, who faces a giant monster and beholds a trust that will eventually bring him disappointment. Indeed, it is a tragic experience that I have not seen for a long time in Korean drama. Above all, the beauty of the drama created by a combination of intelligent production and well-controlled performances is something that other dramas can learn from.

http://m.entermedia.co.kr/news_view.html?idx=7597#cb

Yes, I agree with this very much. This drama is almost like a Greek tragedy.  Pil joo is destroying himself as he fulfills his destiny to wreak revenge upon and purge the corrupt Jung family.  He is an anti-hero.  He has done corrupt and immoral acts himself in his quest for revenge.  The ends justifies the means. Although he has not murdered or stolen for selfish motivations, he has aided and abetted corrupt dealings. He is used people coldly as pawns. Aided in marrying off a young woman - based on lies and deceit.   Mocked friendship and was using the son of his enemy to destroy his enemy.   He has masked himself and lived most of his life as a lie, offering no true love or friendship to anyone, in his single minded quest to revenge the lives of his brother and mother.  Oddly he let Secy Oh off the hook rather mildly, considering he was the one who hands on killed them.  But he needed to use driver Oh to get to JMR.  Everything calculated and manipulated about his life. I don't think he expected to love NMH - not part of his plan.  He hurt and used her, yet she still loves him. (She is much tougher than we thought - says he will have to pay a price for his sins but will wait for him because she sympathizes with him).  That is really the only goodness he has in his life ( and if you ask me, doesn't deserve - no matter how pained and macho sexy he is - he betrayed her).  But there you have it. Everyone loves this couple and wants them to live happity dappity ever after. Not sure that will happen. We will see.   

Edited"

Just want to add that it seems like kPJ has no life other than this created world and persona to get revenge. Who is he when he is just himself?  Can we picture him living a life without seeking revenge? Its as if revenge is his life itself.    Maybe the best scenario is for him to go to prison - and that time in prison he will purge out his revengeful soul and reinvent his own self.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Maybe the best scenario is for him to go to prison - and that time in prison he will purge out his revengeful soul and reinvent his own self.

@maddymappo.... That does make sense, remember the moment he became KPJ, he was never himself. He never had the chance at a normal life because he had hide his true identity because JMR wanted him dead. I think KPJ going to jail is the best thing for him and the only way for him to start over fresh. Like once you leave prison they would bring you tofu to eat so you can cleanse himslef. The very first time he went to prison he did not eat tofu. He was by himself and he had to go bury his father by himself. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's why I left it out, since there is nothing sure... Maybe they tried to kill him separately, unaware of what the others were doing... JMR poisoning him little by little so that the reason of his collapse was overwork: when JSM heard that his brother's condition was improving disliked it and chose to keep this info to himself as he knew that JKH had decided to remove the mask.

@bebebisous33  I'm wondering if G/pa paid off the Doc to keep quite.. If he knew the man was showing improvement and all of a sudden he went into cardiac arrest or just mysteriously died Doc can also be liable for not reporting the mans sudden death,, Maybe JMR gave him his last dose of poisoning there.. I had also thought that Lil brother was also involved in his death with JMR.. Just thinking about it when uncle knew JBC wasn't related to him why would he still would make a deal with JMR using the 60 40 split to a person you know your not related to saying he wants to be fair to his so called nephew..  It's something about these two I don't trust they had some kind of deal in the past to be trying to work a deal now..

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

I have a feeling that all 3 had a hand in JSMs death. I'm looking forward to JEC teaching them a lesson they won't forget in their lives. JMR just digged her own graveyard by talking to the press lol. How stupid can she be when gramps filed a lawsuit regarding the inheritance. It is only a matter of time before the reporters start digging on their own :crazy:. I'm so going to enjoy the Jang family destroying themselves lol. And why is uncle out? I thought he will serving some jail time<_<.

@lu09  Uncle is out on bail, G/pa wasted money on a good lawyer for him when he will need one for himself..  :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

58 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Yes, I agree with this very much. This drama is almost like a Greek tragedy.  Pil joo is destroying himself as he fulfills his destiny to wreak revenge upon and purge the corrupt Jung family.  He is an anti-hero.  He has done corrupt and immoral acts himself in his quest for revenge.  The ends justifies the means. Although he has not murdered or stolen for selfish motivations, he is aided and abetted corrupt dealings. He is used people coldly as pawns. Aided in marrying off a young woman - based on lies and deceit.   Mocked friendship and was using the son of his enemy to destroy his enemy.   He has masked himself and lived most of his life as a lie, offering no true love or friendship to anyone, in his single minded quest to revenge the lives of his brother and mother.  Oddly he let Secy Oh off the hook rather mildly, considering he was the one who hands on killed them.  But he needed to use driver Oh to get to JMR.  Everything calculated and manipulated about his life. I don't think he expected to love NMH - not part of his plan.  He hurt and used her, yet she still loves him. (She is much tougher than we thought - says he will have to pay a price for his sins but will wait for him because she sympathizes with him).  That is really the only goodness he has in his life ( and if you ask me, doesn't deserve - no matter how pained and macho sexy he is - he betrayed her).  But there you have it. Everyone loves this couple and wants them to live happity dappity ever after. Not sure that will happen. We will see.   

So true. Like u said, KPJ has only lived for revenge and nothing else. Wearing a mask and lying to himself for the last 20 years.That's why I'm worried what is going to happen after his revenge is done. He has no home, no real friends except YG, no family and no purpose to live. I hope the writer surprises us with the ending.

About NMH, I know he screwed up big time, but if she gives him a chance, I want him to earn it and work for it. And if he does not end up with NMH, I want him to have peace with himself. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

If we are talking about KPJ's Dad (JSM) then it won't matter in actual context since statue of limitations has expired.  I recall that JMR mentioned to KPJ (after the big reveal/white dress/tux incident) that KPJ couldn't prosecute her and OH for the death of his younger brother because the statue of limitations had expired - hence his fathers death was before his brothers death....however, it would be important in the scheme of things to discover who it was within the crazy Jang family that killed KPJ's father

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

So true. Like u said, KPJ has only lived for revenge and nothing else. Wearing a mask and lying to himself for the last 20 years.That's why I'm worried what is going to happen after his revenge is done. He has no home, no real friends except YG, no family and no purpose to live. I hope the writer surprises us with the ending.

About NMH, I know he screwed up big time, but if she gives him a chance, I want him to earn it and work for it. And if he does not end up with NMH, I want him to have peace with himself. 

At one point JBC asks KPJ what he really wanted.  JBC says he wanted to be a pianist. KPJ said he wanted to study forests and trees.  Maybe he could study in jail? And live the rest of his life as a forest ranger.  

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Prettysup said:

The relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Jung Mal-ran is not only similar to that between a parent and a child, but also one between lovers

I find this line rather disturbing and I feel that it needs to be addressed.  Until now, I believe there was no intimacy relationship between the two.  JMR needs and wants him as a soulmate and see him as a man. It is one sided and KPJ did not sell his body in the course of his revenge.  I just need someone to reassure me of this.

• Like 9