[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

6 hours ago, zinaa said:

chingus am having hard time accepting money flower to end this coming Saturday...

Feelings are Mutual!! :D:D In 2 days everything will be done and dusted! <_<

By the way does anyone of you all know what other Possible Drama Awards ceremonies that MF can be nominated to apart from the Korean drama festival awards in October??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, zinaa said:

chingus am having hard time accepting money flower to end this coming Saturday....

I feel the same way you do :(. I'm getting my tissues ready! And I'm going to cry buckets of tears! My life is pointless after it ends! I'm just kidding. But I don't know what to do.

@Prettysup Thank you for the articles

Yes, I am sad. 

But this is me reading everyone's lovely posts:

Image result for guy eating popcorn gif

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Same here @zinaa... Dramas like this one only happen once a year... or years for me... lmao. This is the first drama after 2015 that got me really obsessed.

Thanks for the pics! I see that most of the cast is there... it seems like Mooshimjae on the pic. I think everyone just arrived on set because they are in their own clothes. LOL. There's also Han Soo Hee (Seo Won). I hoped she would come back because I didn't want her story to be hung up... I want to know what happened to her and Ha Jung, if they could survive in the end. At least they are shooting on Thursday instead of Friday/first half of Saturday, so they could probably sit all together on Sat and watch the last two episodes at the wrap up party like many drama casts usually do.

• Like 11

‘Money Flower’ Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo's acting passion was hot enough to defeat a cold wave.

MBC weekend special drama 'Money Flower' (directed by Kim Hee-won, written by Lee Myung-hee, produced by UFO Productions) revealed behind-the-scene filming footages of main characters Jang Hyuk (Kang Pil-joo) and Jang Seung-jo (Jang Boo-cheon).

The drama depicts the revenge of Kang Pil-joo, who although being a bloodline of a chaebol group, yet he had to live in pain as he was born out of wedlock. Last week, the drama recorded its highest audience rating of 22.8% (Nielsen Korea, nationwide), two episodes before the end.

In particular, the past broadcast (21st ~ 22nd episodes) has surprised viewers by unprecedented reversals. Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae) tried to make use of Kang Pil-joo to get rid of Jang Boo-cheon when he discovered the latter was not his blood-related grandson.

However, Kang Pil-joo was ahead of Jang Kook-hwan’s plan and he saved Jang Boo-cheon’s life when he rescued him from the fire. The scene which Kang Pil-joo rescued Jang Boo-cheon, who is his opponent of the love affair, has generated much discussions.

According to the production team of 'Money Flower', Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo had a brilliant performance. As soon as shooting began, they acted with high concentration. It is said that the two actors ' determination was great as it was an important scene that represented the relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Jang Boo-cheon. They were enthusiastic enough to act in such a way that they defeated a cold wave of minus 17 degrees.

The shooting was done with more caution than before. Because fire was involved, the production crew and actors, as well as PD Kim Hee-won, regarded safety as the most important factor. They prepared carefully in order to ensure safe shooting, and meticulously rehearsed the scene beforehand. As a result, the best scene was created.

UFO Productions, the production company of ‘Money Flower’ said, "The spectacular revenge of Kang Pil-joo is finally coming to an end. Please watch out for the meticulous and superb direction of producer Kim Hee-won, as well as the passionate performances of actors”.

On the other hand, 'Money Flower' will be airing 23rd and 24th episodes (finale) on 3rd Feb from 8:50 pm.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180201

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201802011621263233439_1

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

And I already dread his fashion at the upcoming wrap-up party. <_<

Haha at least you are prepared for it.

3 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I feel the same way you do :(. I'm getting my tissues ready! And I'm going to cry buckets of tears! My life is pointless after it ends! I'm just kidding. But I don't know what to do.

@Prettysup Thank you for the articles

Yes, I am sad. 

But this is me reading everyone's lovely posts:

You are most welcomed.

Hopefully they can have a special broadcast or something next week, since the new drama taking after Money Flower will only start airing in March.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

49 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I have to be. And I'm already warning other people who are not familiar with his casual style.:grimace:

Hahaha. I was thinking if that was him or not. He looks different lol. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

Hahaha. I was thinking if that was him or not. He looks different lol. 

Yes it's him. He will not leave home without his sunglasses and hats/ caps. Not many is a fan of his hats hahah! But I love them :)

This is the one in the group picture.

I love him best in this one!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Everyone from cast to crew, thank you for a fantastic drama! 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

And I already dread his fashion at the upcoming wrap-up party. <_<

You and I know all to well @fiesty8001  JK probably step out in a pair of jeans to just to dress down from those suits he wears daily in the show also a T-shirt to make himself comfortable and his favorite pair of flip flop just so his toes can breath.. :lol: He is a laid back type of guy.. Let's not forget his famous hat..:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Haven’t had a proper chance to properly read posts I missed and replied, but before the eps air I wanna give my two cents.

Spending the week pondering MF’s episodes last weekend, I came to the conclusion about what NMH meant by having her father confess his crimes would torment KPJ and possibly lead back to him because she probably already knows from Aide Yang and KPJ himself that him and her father both had a hand in the process of marriage along with JMR and grandpa. That said, I interpreted her statement about ‘torment’ really about how she’s not going to be after him punishment wise but the Jangs aka MIL and GIL because they were ones involved in her father’s almost death and she also knows that KPJ is really JEC as well as that deep down he does have a soft heart cause he doesn’t want to see anyone killed (saving JBCs son and mistress from killers and even JBC later) so even if he does despise grandpa, it may torment him further to see his blood once again guilty of another sin and deal with consequences along with his revenge (since marriage of convenience fell through and that most likely wasn’t his original plan five years ago and even after time jump until baby mama cameo in the airport.) So this failure of arranged marriage will be another hurdle he and his so called family will go through and I think that’s what she meant by torment. I don’t think (or rather I hope) that she isn’t going to ‘throw KPJ under the bus’ (i forgot the legal term...infringe? Harm? Compromise? Make someone vulnerable? Ahhh I give up lol).

Also this stuck with me before I lost track of what page is as in the thread. Someone posted an amazing plot suggestion on how KPJ could have started a rival company to cheong A as his revenge plot(I’m so sorry forgot who but feel free to let me know so I can tag you. I love your imagination). That would definetly be a show worth watching, trust me. But the one thing I realized through that idea was also an epiphany for me on why KPJ was so adamant to remain by JMRs side as a means to his revenge. If he had been a rival company and still had JMR as his target, it would have been 10xx harder to get to her because there would just be another dog like KPJ by her side. Most def not as a hot, cool, and amazeballs as KPJ but a dangerous thread nonetheless. So all and all, I give credit to KPJ for his calculations even if they are not always right (NMH marriage, cheong a tower and president election, Gpa killing JBC, etc). Then again, I feel like we never get the whole picture of what he’s really thinking or if he still had the possibilities in mind and wasn’t surprised just disappointed in baddies for it still happening.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

@philosophie About MH/PJ and her revenge or better, payoff to punish the ones who hurt her family, I think that she warned Pil Joo when she talked about what she was gonna dig. I am not super sure of the outcome because I think a part of Mo Hyun wants Pil Joo to pay (a small one, tho) but another part of her doesn't want to. She recognizes that he was the one who made everything possibile, from arranging her marriage to the funds and whatnot, but she also saw that he did selfless things. Basically, she saw his true heart behind the mask he was wearing as "dog Pil Joo" who set everything in motion. A true manipulator wouldn't have regretted his actions (just think of Mal Ran). Maybe in the end considering what Mo Hyun knows about Pil Joo and why he had to get revenge she will not throw him under the bus. PJ may believe she will and he's already prepared for that to happen. If MH punishes PJ as well because he has indeed done some questionable things, at most if he survives (I don't even want to think about him dying, just no) he's going to prison. But I wouldn't want that to happen since PJ also did time more than twice, I think. It wouldn't be a problem for him. But maybe, if we're going to parallel the Na family to the Jang family, this time Mo Hyun together with her father who knows about PJ's involvement and also that he saved both of them may decide to corner them and not him, making him appear as if he was set up by the Jangs as well. Congressman Na could take PJ out of this mess by revealing the good he's done (like saving him) despite he did some illegal things. This in opposition to the Jangs who sent Pil Joo to jail when he was innocent to cover for BC.

• Like 11

Guest elenskivios38

:(It hurts to say goodbye to MONEY FLOWER this week:( as of now no other kdrama

surpasses this great drama.THANKS to whole cast  your all amazing!:wub: production staff

.those who's working hard behind the scene.BRAVO! this drama never be forgotten.

Thanks Soompi moderators for giving us good insight and recap story.I truly 

enjoyed reading it.GODBLESS to ALL!:heart: