[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Congrats on the ratings :D:D:D. By the way, what happened to the osts? They didn't play 3 of them. Not that I am complaining considering the fact this drama doesnt go well with actual songs lol. I love the background score in this drama the most :wub:.

• Like 9

I need to watch it now... it was so difficult to avoid the spoiler especially this one ... almost or if not all tweets I read online said positive things about the ending. I must watch it now!!!! 

I need to watch how nicely the revenge was done :) 

• Like 8

23 was brilliant! I love it! So damn shiok to watch! Why? KPJ was such a TROLL hahah! 

1. Grandpa finally acknowledge KPJ

2. Uncle wanted to murder Congressman but was caught by KPJ and got instigated for murder instead hahahaha! Never feel this good about a drama.

3. Really good to see KPJ ever ready to go jail , never afraid, never back down. He knows very well what it means when Congressman tells the truth. And so coolly telling JMR to do what he wants her to do - u should be moving out! Nicely, coolly. 

4. So pleased to see how naive JMR was. She thinks she can bring KPJ down. Woman, u relied on him for almost half of life. He planned this for 20 years. U want to take him down just like that??? Love the exchange of 'blows' btw them. 

5. Love this - 'regardless of the title of a legitimate son or a son born out of wedlock, someone who is competent should be the chairman. I'm showing the world how this ought to be done'

6. JBC begged KPJ not to reveal he is not a Jang publicly. Don't worry. Your mum did it! This woman is just greedy to the core! But LMS was really good! 

7. And how coolly KPJ pretended to be poisoned and walked back to her during their farewell drink. It was nicely executed! 

Outstanding, JH! Your acting was top-notch! I'm a proud fan :) 

Till tonight for the last episode! But that hell of a cliffhanger! 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

What I find stupid on JBC part is that his own mother outed him to the public why try and shoot  KPJ..  JMR did that to get JBC to react she tried to gain public sympathy as well having her son to get his hands dirty saying that KPJ blackmailed her.. Well she lost her credibility when she was convicted of killing Mr. Oh.. Let's not forget revealing who KPJ really is that was to hurt the family and G/pa since her poisoning act didn't work on  him.. She got off light three years for murder unreal.. If we had a season 2 for this drama I would say she's faking being crazy.. 

Yeah, I also find that weird, but in the end Boo Cheon was a pawn like Mo Hyun or Na Gi Chul have been, so his ending sort of makes sense: he never was the one who did the bad deeds since it was always either Pil Joo or his mom's doing. The only thing he did was stab that man in the past (but he wouldn't go to jail since he didn't die) and threatened people here and there without hurting them in the last few episodes. I also don't get why he would want to shot Pil Joo when in the end it seemed the only thing he wanted to do was keep on living with his mother outside Mooshimwon - at least he was able to survive his gradpa. Maybe he believed that by killing Pil Joo his mother would stop being so clingy to Cheong A (because PJ was her obsession as well) but it only made things worse and he knew it. BC has always been an unpredictable character since the beginning and whatever he resolved to do ended up badly, so Pil Joo turned the situation around as usual and gave him a chance (again) to be out of this mess. The only way he could leave it all behind was by parting ways with his past: first with Mo Hyun, then Seo Won (I wonder if he'll ever see his son, but I think he believes he's better off without him in life) and Pil Joo. To start anew he needs to do that because he knows it's the only way to survive. Even saying goodbye to his non-grandpa was important and that scene was so sad because you can see that eventually, despite he tried to get rid of him, grandpa Jang loved his nephew to some degree. This is opposed to Pil Joo's character who until the end faced the people from his past despite they reminded him of it. He still faced Mo Hyun unlike BC despite he was the one who rejected/put on hold her love, basically. He faced Mal Ran when she went to prison and found that she killed Soo Man - this was the most painful truth. He still went to the place that caused hurt to his family with hope in the end... which means this time he'll face his past with a new resolution (both Cheong A and Mo Hyun) and if we had a season 2 we would see that.

@mimisl123 Yup, in the end they're eventually protecting each other even if they are apart. MH told PJ that she will always keep him in her heart, which means that "do what you have to do, I'll always be here when you decide to come back". She knew that he needed to tie loose ends and pay his debt with society for what he's been doing for years (despite he paid it many times). They may still be in touch somehow for her to know where he's living, unless she hired a P.I. to find out... but, nope. I want to believe that after the stabbing accident she is aware that he went back to his old life and that she's thinking about him. She gave him a chance when he seemed like he was done with everything outside Gapyeong. Mo Hyun still wants Pil Joo in her life and he still wants to try managing Cheong A - after all, he spent years creating a 10 year plan because he cared for the company... he just wanted people who were honest and capable to manage it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This drama was not about a person's romance, or even, love.  It was about a person's morals, ethics, decency, integrity, and most of all, respectability.

And, for both MH and PJ,  respectability was more important as a characteristic than anything else.  So, the respect they held for each other came before any romance or love.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Korean netizens comments on the last 2 episodes:

'Money Flower' finale, a fresh start for Jang Hyuk.... Lee Mi-sook crazy + decline

1. It is a new start for Jang Eun-cheon! This is really a fascinating drama which everyone acts well, I hope to see more of such dramas. (+3819 -44)

2. Applause for Jang Hyuk! I feel so blessed thanks to Money Flower! (+3583 -54)

3. Money Flower has raised my standard for dramas. Hard work, crew and cast (+3097 -44)

4. Best of the best! What to watch next? (+2668 -41)

5. Even the background music is no joke. (+2515 -32)

6. It is good that they gave this an open ending. In the end, Kang Pil-joo was forsaken and he became Jang Eun-cheon. Accepting Na Mo-hyun's invitation to attend the CEO interview leaves the viewers room for imagination with regards to the love line. It is a drama better than a movie. (+868 -14)

7. Outrageously crazy illegitimate son! Jang Hyuk as Kang Pil-joo really displayed the best among best acting!!! (+843 -12)

8. There was not much promotion for this drama, its ratings reached more than 20% purely by word-of-mouth, the superb acting, the director's powers and the brilliant music! Really daebak for ratings to cross 20% recently without any promotion at all  (+822 -14)

9. Deep eyes... controlled expressions...  the extreme of sophistication.. Jang Hyuk's acting is really top class (+788 -14)

10. I didn't expect that the scene which Kang Pil-joo was stabbed signifies giving up the name Kang Pil-joo. Is this the scriptwriter's intention to be creepy? (+741 -17)

0003710732_001_20180203233456279.jpg?typ

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003710732

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Fans' support banner at the wrap up party

Scroll right for more pics

47 minutes ago, zinaa said:

@Prettysup The man you asking about is MBC network president I believe 

Oh thanks! So the president went as well ..

And I thought JH was going to sing in that video haha..

• Like 9

Actuallly  i do have to correct one thing about my assumptions and review on the ending as i was wrong.  I said that KPJ changed the CEO position as a result of JBC but i was wrong.  The expression on JBC face was familiar and i couldnt quite work out the expression, it was resentment.

I had to go back to watch the sequence of events in ep 23, but the expression is the same as it was on the bedside and matches up with JBC final conversation before they part.  His mother is always doing things to make him ashamed, this time regardless who her son was she wanted revenge on KPJ so she blurted out his heritage and her sons at the same time.  In a game of one uping each other, KPJ fixes that problem by doing the right thing and abolishing promotion by family.

It wasnt done for his benefit as i had said before it was done to spite his mother, but it was for JBC which he resents as yet again he indirectly caught in the game of revenge.  This add and spouts off the converastion in ep 24 about him always being resentful and jealous of KPJ, which is true, he was smart, intelligent, made friends easily and outwitted anyone against him.  So JBC who already felt ashamed of his mothers antics, sounds like he is not exactly proud of his own as you cant confess something like that to KPJ if you havent questioned yourself first.

He obviously didnt like who he was and became what everyone wanted him to be, a filial son to his mother and a pawn for KPJ.  The only things he had that he waned was the chairmanship which KPJ set up for him anyhow and his marriage which also KPJ also set up for him.

Which also clarifies why he wants away from KPJ, his tone was respectful not spiteful in the converation.  It wasnt done out of hate or anger or jealousy.  It was out of self reflection.  I think he was envious of KPJ but wants his own life now one not dictated to by anyone else.  Sadly going forward thou i expect it will be in the future still by his mother as i cant see him not being a filial son.  Although these asian dramas are making me really dislike guys who are filial to their mothers.......sheesh....They so some crazy as things for them.

• Like 10