Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@joccu, @agenth So Chiellini has said that he is not surprised England are in the final given the fact that they played 6/7 games at home. Now this is favoring if you ask me. The likes of Switzerland, Denmark travelled all over Europe for matches, with England not even travelling within England since their matches were played in Wembley. 

So while I saw several comments online saying France had the same advantage in previous Euro, well, previous Euros were played in a single country and not in 11 cities of Europe. So while games were played in France, the teams were travelling within France and so would the French team and not play in a single city.

Just imagine a team playing one match in Baku, and then having to play next one in Bucharest and the next one in Saint Petersburg. That's too much travelling, and Switzerland actually had fixtures this way, and the other team not even moving within the country. I think if they were going to do this, they had to plan accordingly to make sure that no country play in their respective stadiums and do so in neutral ones. England playing in their own stadium was such a big advantage, many Denmark supporters have complained that they could not get a seat in the stadium. So the majority were the English fans, which does make sense, but at the same time it is favoring them. So that's been what this Euro has been all about so far. 

I don't really have anything against the English team, but I can't really think that they were not favored in this tournament. I am interested in the final of Copa America too, but the timing of the match makes it difficult for me. Let's see if I can wake up around that time.

+2

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't really have anything against the English team, but I can't really think that they were not favored in this tournament.

That`s why I will cheer for Italy who seems to have a little disadvantage. But It will be alright if the better team will won.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@joccu, @agenth So Chiellini has said that he is not surprised England are in the final given the fact that they played 6/7 games at home. Now this is favoring if you ask me. The likes of Switzerland, Denmark travelled all over Europe for matches, with England not even travelling within England since their matches were played in Wembley. 

So while I saw several comments online saying France had the same advantage in previous Euro, well, previous Euros were played in a single country and not in 11 cities of Europe. So while games were played in France, the teams were travelling within France and so would the French team and not play in a single city.

Just imagine a team playing one match in Baku, and then having to play next one in Bucharest and the next one in Saint Petersburg. That's too much travelling, and Switzerland actually had fixtures this way, and the other team not even moving within the country. I think if they were going to do this, they had to plan accordingly to make sure that no country play in their respective stadiums and do so in neutral ones. England playing in their own stadium was such a big advantage, many Denmark supporters have complained that they could not get a seat in the stadium. So the majority were the English fans, which does make sense, but at the same time it is favoring them. So that's been what this Euro has been all about so far. 

I don't really have anything against the English team, but I can't really think that they were not favored in this tournament. I am interested in the final of Copa America too, but the timing of the match makes it difficult for me. Let's see if I can wake up around that time.

+2

I was about to say I'm not surprised that this kind of ... strangeness exists in an organisation like UEFA. It's probably not as bad as FIFA, but it gets close to it. 

I hadn't actually paid attention to which team played where, but England playing in Wembley is really too much. not that it takes away their achievement or skill, it's just a lot of shadow. 

Yeah, travelling certainly takes an impact, even if it's short flights of 2-3 hours. 

Even if England won't win, this kind of behaviour will leave an imprint.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@Sleepy Owl it was so favoring. I did kind of think it was somehow fixed. And England played the 0-0 tie against Scotland' i think it was  on purpose.

So which team you thing will win copa America: Brazil or Argentina? . 

@larus yeah the match is on sunday

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

I didn't know someone pointed laser at Schmeichel

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/08/england-face-uefa-censure-after-laser-pointer-shone-at-kasper-schmeichel

Such behaviour is really disgraceful. The highest point of unsportsmanship behaviour by a fan. How is winning like that going to make you feel good? Not saying he was influenced, but still.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/08/englands-penalty-leads-to-cries-of-hypocrisy-across-continent

Mourinho, I love him haha. 

gif-special-one?format=500w 

José Mourinho concurred on TalkSport: “England were really, really good and no doubts deserved to win that match, but it is never a penalty. At this level, especially at this level, the semi-final of a Euros, I don’t understand the referee’s decision and I don’t understand even more why VAR didn’t get the referee to go to the screen or overturn the decision.

“As a football man I am very happy England won and they deserved to win, but as a football man I am disappointed that penalty was given.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/08/englands-penalty-leads-to-cries-of-hypocrisy-across-continent 

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, larus said:

That`s why I will cheer for Italy who seems to have a little disadvantage. But It will be alright if the better team will won.

The least I hope is for this match to be fair. You see, even if their match with Denmark would to penalties, England had better penalty takers, and also there was time to score a goal. So, they winning because the officials openly favored them made them unworthy to be in finals for several people. I saw many of their own fans being disappointed. So the only thing now I hope is for the final one not having decisions in their favor. If they win, they win in a fair manner. 

@agenth Chingu, UEFA has been too "strange" as an organization. If I am to be honest, they think about making money a lot. While they were against the "Super League" which caused a lot of noise a few months ago, and they were right about it, they have already thought of increasing the teams in 2025 and make some changes which many clubs have been against calling them money making organization too. 

All this has been evident in several Champions League matches where there have been some big decisions going in the favor of bigger teams compared to the weaker ones, and many have said it was always because they consider bigger teams bringing more viewers and fans for the matches. So as I said, England not playing in Wembley in the final and the match being played between some other teams would see the Stadium rather empty. There is already news around that the final match will see Wembley fully packed. So it all comes back to what will make things more favorable for them financially. 

About FIFA well, I will never forget Henry's hand ball control and goal against Ireland which made France go to the WC 2010 (or was it 2014?) instead of Ireland. 

14 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl it was so favoring. I did kind of think it was somehow fixed. And England played the 0-0 tie against Scotland' i think it was  on purpose.

So which team you thing will win copa America: Brazil or Argentina? . 

Well, England's road to Final was too easy thanks to their home ground support too. They defeated out of form Germany and weak Ukraine, and struggled a lot against Denmark. Just imagine if their road to final would have been similar to Belgium or Italy. I don't think they would have been able to reach the Final. 

So just like you suspect, it could be intentional there in the match with Scotland. 

I hope Argentina wins, Messi deserves one International Trophy, but Brazil has been quite strong, and seeing the final being played in Brazil, they would have the home support from the fans too. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@agenth they should find the fan who used the laser and penalise him. If the England national team is only going to get fined this is going to still happen again.

@Sleepy Owl  I hope that Argentina win. Messi totally deserves one international trophy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, joccu said:

@agenth they should find the fan who used the laser and penalise him. If the England national team is only going to get fined this is going to still happen again.

@Sleepy Owl  I hope that Argentina win. Messi totally deserves one international trophy.  

Well, if they do want to find the fan, they can do it easily. Question is, will they do it? And if they how will they penalize him? In my opinion he should have banned for lifetime from entering the stadiums. But then again, they need to make sure they stop such things from the start. 

Let's see how this Copa America will end. 

24 minutes ago, agenth said:

Such behaviour is really disgraceful. The highest point of unsportsmanship behaviour by a fan. How is winning like that going to make you feel good? Not saying he was influenced, but still.

Well, for now winning by any means is something they want. What I hate about English fans is they become too vocal when other players dive against their favorite teams be it in an international match or club matches. And now they didn't really have a problem with Sterling diving. 

Pointing laser in the eyes of the keeper is something that has been happening for a while now. It is not something that happens frequently, but in big matches there is always one such guy who would do this. Such guys and their behavior is surely disgrace. 

But then what else shall we expect from the guys who booed when Denmark's national anthem was being sung. I never saw this happen before and was too shocked by this disrespect act. 

Not saying all English fans are bad, but England has had a large number of problematic fans for sometime now.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Morning & hope everyone enjoy your Saturday !

@4evrkdrama  @Ameera Ali  @agenth  @Calli  @confusedheart326  @gm4queen  @hsmz  @joccu  @kokodus  @Lmangla @LeftCoastOppa  @Min2206  @MayanEcho  @mirmz @partyon  @Sleepy Owl  @sadthe1st  @Wuzetian  @willenette

Fried carrot cake...

fried%2Bcarrot%2Bcake%2Bwhite%2B1.jpg&eh

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@Thong Thin @Wuzetian @Min2206 my friend in KL just got notified by his co to go for his pfizer vaccine today.. it was a last minute notice but the co managed to secure some for their employees!

With the current spike...employers have to take drastic action.

Any idea the company paid for the vaccines or is it free..

12 hours ago, larus said:

I am sad to hear that. When are we going to get some good news?

Seems South Korean affected cases are up and Indonesia is in bad shape too.

Very sad indeed..

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Popcorn with a hot mug of coffee while watching movies. Good evening everyone! 

The only time I get to eat popcorn is watching movies at the theater.

I want some..

:eats2:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

17 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

With the current spike...employers have to take drastic action.

Any idea the company paid for the vaccines or is it free..

its free for the employees but not sure if the co had to pay for it..

the co is one of the top 3 poultry suppliers in malaysia

17 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Seems South Korean affected cases are up and Indonesia is in bad shape too.

vietnam too..

and japan is trying very hard to contain and control with the upcoming olympics games

some countries roll out the vaccines to private clinics as well, so people who didn't want to wait amidst the long Q for the free ones from govt will just pay a small fee (usd20 or so) at the clinics.

Strawberry-Swiss-Roll-Cake-Plated-Cravin

cr.: owner

@Wuzetian hi there! i'm heading out soon.. dental appointment lol

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

16 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@larus  is the number of affected cases at our side.. today is 9,180.

yesterday was 8868 !

Yea, saw the numbers going up and up @Thong Thin - very worrying. 
Maybe more people are coming out for screening.

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@Thong Thin @Wuzetian @Min2206 my friend in KL just got notified by his co to go for his pfizer vaccine today.. it was a last minute notice but the co managed to secure some for their employees!

I got my jab 2 days ago - Pfizer.  
Just experienced sore arm yesterday and night before.  I am okay.   Thanks @sadthe1st

Hi Chingus
 @sadthe1st @Thong Thin @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @willenette @partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @larus @joccu @mirmz @Ameera Ali @4evrkdrama @twinkle_little_star @kokodus @Ernie @LeftCoastOppa @hsmz @agenth @gm4queen

I will be out of action for awhile.   Wanna thank each of you (even those who have left us Jillia , Corey etc)  for all the fun, advice, cries and laughter here.  Really enjoy the company here.    I'll be lurking , probably posting less.  
Really a blessing getting to know all of you (call it fate whatever).   God , The Almighty has been good to me and I pray that all of you continue to receive same blessing likewise.

Thanks Images for Everyone | Thank You Images for Everyone 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

10 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I got my jab 2 days ago - Pfizer.  
Just experienced sore arm yesterday and night before.  I am okay.

glad you got your jab!!

Clap Applause GIF by ehcat

11 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I will be out of action for awhile.

hope everything is going well for you in rl.

take care.. dun forget your meals, eat well and stay safe!!

200.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2