Add and Subtract Game

Admin

28 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

add 1 more thing in common. Same as u, Dr.R1 i bailed out too. Didnt like the FL character or the acting. The ML also not my taste. Dont they hook up in 1st ep alrd? I watched ep 1 long time ago and dropped it right away.

Yes :unsure:.  I’m like “How?? Why??”  That hook up scene was like Suits (the US version).  Except in Suits at least Mike and Rach already slow burned for like so many episodes before already... I mean I get that residents and interns have zero social life outside the hospital setting but really??

Re Dr R2, I do like MinJae though.  The male lead Ahn somebody?  He didn’t impress me in Abyss... which was another drama I bailed on despite starting it because of BoYoung. 

If you’re thinking of starting something, go with Hot Stove League.  I didn’t start because I didn’t think it would be interesting because I know nothing about baseball.  But it’s really good.  I like all the characters and the story telling has been great.

@stroppyse 56 episodes so far...just another 44 to go....... you’re half way there :huh::lol:

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@kokodus, I just caught up on BLWL because, @triplem and @angelangie gave me some hard sell on it, so I ended up binge watching over Christmas break after I caught up on CLoY, because really, a girl has to have her priorities, and CLoY has HB! Anyway, I do love the OTP, though I'm mad that I caught up just in time for the angst to start

I didn't want to watch it too, but Yoon Park changed my mind :wub: ( I didn't' know him beforehand lol)

But I have to admit Oh Min Suk is hilarious:lol:

His scenes with Kim Seora are slapstick comedy :D

+2

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@kokodus Chocolate. What’s not to love about it? (applies to both the edible one and the drama) Great OTP. Great soundtracks and BGM. Not as melo as what it seems. I just started today and covered 2 episodes. Would’ve continued if not because of some RL calling me away. Am going to try catch up before ep.13 airing on Friday, in other words, binge watching 10 more episodes :sweatingbullets: Yeah, I caught the Zika virus. 

@ktcjdrama you can do it!! Fighting!! Lol I binge watched it during the holidays and I’m all caught up now and just waiting for the new episodes to come out. But yes, you just need to watch the first 2 episodes and you’ll be hooked for sure! 

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh maybe I need to sell HB  , I could be millionaires in second :mrgreen: @Sejabin join HB cult :kiss_wink:

@Ameera Ali HB doesn’t even need selling. He’s basically a money maker. One just has to look at him and... SOLD!! I mean, look at those dimples!!! :wub:

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Lawyerh @ktcjdrama @mouse007just watched the first ep of chocolate. Not bad at all. Too slow for my taste tbh, but I think I'll stick with it. HJW is gorgeous as usual. I love her!!! No judgement out yet on the male lead.

@mouse007 Ahhh Mr. Fighting!!! Did you watch it? Is it good? I'm actually planning to resume GGS when I have time. It seems like a cute drama, I just have to get used to it. 

@kokodus it is a little slow in the beginning but soon you’ll find yourself watching episode after episode. I love HJW as well. I’m actually re-watching K2H right now (partly bec of CLoY and also bec I’m missing LSG and HJW). The ML does seem a little broody but that’s part of his charm. I love that he’s a bit difficult to read. 

As for Mr. Fighting, I started Ep 1 (I honestly can’t recall if I finished the entire episode or not). As you know, I love Deng Lun so I’m likely going to pick it up again after CLoY (or maybe even after I’m done re-watching K2H). From ep 1 and the trailers, I am not crazy about FL but who knows, maybe she’ll grow on me if I keep watching. 

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yup.  That’s his charm.  And he actually really can cook well and knows his way around the kitchen

@nrllee interesting! Gotta love a man who knows his way around the kitchen. He is making me want to check out his other works. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@triplem O I just realized why FL in Dr R2 looks so familiar.  She’s in Weightlifting Fairy?  @Dhakra not hopping on board the train?  O wait...I forgot, he preferred the second FL?  So I guess no point trying to sell it to him. 

Yep , he will naturally gravitate towards the 2nd , 3rd , 4th FL unless it’s Lee Bo Young . 

The thing is I hv another medical drama I’m waiting for Wise Doctor Life. So I might hv an overdose of medical dramas . I wished Kim Min Jae was the love interest in Dr R ( 2 ) . He & the FL acted in this movie called Love Sling , and it was so cute  

@bedifferent are you watching Dr Romantic 2 or just waiting for Wise Doc Life . How was your trip to Vietnam ? 

Wait a sec wait a sec, there is a Dr. Romantic 2 airing right now??? How come I didn't know about it?? OMGGGG!!!!! But the casts are different???? NOOOOOOOO I love the original cast why couldn't they bring back the original trio!!!!!! Ughhhh Atleast the teacher should be there right, otherwise they shouldn't call it the sequel. 

And I'm surprised that none of you guys here liked it!!!!! I guess it kinda followed the Grey's anatomy style as far as the hooking up goes, but yeah that is not usual for Kdramas, but trust me this is a slow burn romance too, the second time doesn't happen for a very long time. LOLOL. And I loved that drama because I found bae Yang Se Jong there. He was such a cutie pie there

Omg the female lead is Lee sung Kyung!!! I feel like I have been living under a rock!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

And I'm surprised that none of you guys here liked it!!!!! I guess it kinda followed the Grey's anatomy style as far as the hooking up goes, but yeah that is not usual for Kdramas, but trust me this is a slow burn romance too, the second time doesn't happen for a very long time. LOLOL. And I loved that drama because I found bae Yang Se Jong there. He was such a cutie pie there

I wouldn’t have minded the hooking up if there were some logic in the hospital scenes.  Sorry but in Ep1 of Dr R1, when they wheeled in the construction worker with the rebar through him?  I just thought, “Idiots!  Why didn’t they angle grind the slab of concrete attached to the rebar instead of having someone hold it up ALL THE WAY from the construction site?”  Leave the rod in there but angle grind the weight off it... easy enough at the construction site where there are tools... <_<.  Because of course the person holding the slab loses his grip and the rebar slips out of the patient resulting in the crisis...And then FL shoves her hands into his abdomen to stem the splenic arterial (?) bleeding?  Like HOW is that even a plausible option?  The sudden hooking up didn’t help... it just added another layer of incredulity and I couldn’t continue.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@nrllee ahhh yeah, there was a similar scene in Grey's anatomy, where there was a train accident and a rod went through not one but two people's body and they had to lose one patient. I'm guessing the rod can't be cut off by EMT or people other than doctors or even doctors who are on the accident site couldn't do that because of all the debris and pollution in the site. Sterile instruments and sterile settings are needed to prevent further infection. This is my theory anyway, what do I know, I'm not a doctor, LOL. @bedifferentis a doc and I know she loved this drama as well, maybe she'll have answers for you, or you know she will tell you how to turn a blind eye when there is no logic..hahahaha. I watch the medical dramas purely for all the drama. 

@LSGLMH_88 Love and destiny. Xian Xia. Great. And the lead is The God of war. You know there is only one God of war and that is my Xu Feng!!!! Hahaha ok kidding. I'll watch this one for you. I'm not familiar with the leads, but I never have as far as Xi'an xia dramas, I watch a drama, get head over heels over the leads and end up watching all their other dramas. LOL. So from which ep do you think I'll get hooked. Because I have to hold on until the good parts come to decide whether I can finish it or not, right. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kokodus said:

ahhh yeah, there was a similar scene in Grey's anatomy, where there was a train accident and a rod went through not one but two people's body and they had to lose one patient. I'm guessing the rod can't be cut off by EMT or people other than doctors or even doctors who are on the accident site couldn't do that because of all the debris and pollution in the site. Sterile instruments and sterile settings are needed to prevent further infection. This is my theory anyway, what do I know, I'm not a doctor, LOL.

No no.  The rod stays.  The concrete slab can be cut off where the rebar enters.  The person holding the slab is not sterile anyway.  It’s already breached sterility with the penetrating wound.  Cutting off the weight is common sense because you need the rod to stay inside the patient till surgeons get to him.  I looked at that scene and just rolled my eyes.

@bedifferent probably can just watch it with one eye closed.  I get annoyed easily.  I closed one eye when watching some of the scenes in Life too...no gloves in ER when checking a patient who’s bleeding?  Big no no.  But there wasn’t as much histrionics as Dr R1 in Ep1.  And the focus there was on politics and whether privatization of hospitals was justifiable.   The scenes in the hospital was just background.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@nrllee I don't remember the exact scene tbh, I have to rewatch it, but I guess the goal is to prevent FURTHER infection and damage. Yeah I remember a lot of hospital politics and stuff in that drama, I don't remember most stuff tbh but I just know that I enjoyed it very much. @phikyl is the one who rec that drama to me. She used to be an EMT, maybe she will be able to give you answers provided she remembers the ep. 

@LSGLMH_88 I watch Taiwanese dramas too, but sometimes the length of an EP gets to me. 1 and half an hour eps!!!! My concentration power falls after 40 mins. But tell me if there are any good ones

• Like 1

@kokodus Tbh, none of these shows are very realistic. They SHOULD have cut more of the slab down for exactly the reason @nrllee said. But it's a show so they needed drama. ./shrug.

The Grey's Anatomy one, the rebar went through the girl's lung... completely through.... and just barely nicked the guy's heart. They did try to save both but couldn't stop the bleeding in the girl's chest fast enough to repair the lung iirc.

Edited because I thought we were talking DotS at first and then realized we were talking Dr Romantic. 

Yes @phikyl I'm aware that none of the procedures they do are accurate. And they exaggerate things to create some drama, and that's exactly why I'm here. LOL. I love those medical dramas purely for all the drama and tension. Before each season of Grey's anatomy, my sister and I place bets on who will hook up with whom in that sesaon. Hahahaha. No one watches these shows for learning about how surgeries are done, right?? I wish @nrllee and others would give Dr. Romantic another chance, it was a good drama. Sighhh

@LSGLMH_88 I know what you are talking about. Hahahaha. The censor board in Taiwan is pretty lax I guess. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

I wish @nrllee and others would give Dr. Romantic another chance, it was a good drama. Sighhh

After Watcher I will try Dr R2.  I like MinJae.  And I like Han SukKyu.  I take it they are at a smaller rural hospital in S2?  These 2 could carry the show for me if there is enough pathos.  That’s what won it for me in Life.  I can deal with lack of logos (logic) if there’s enough pathos (empathizing with the characters) and ethos (moral message) to outweigh it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Yes @phikyl I'm aware that none of the procedures they do are accurate. And they exaggerate things to create some drama, and that's exactly why I'm here. LOL. I love those medical dramas purely for all the drama and tension. Before each season of Grey's anatomy, my sister and I place bets on who will hook up with whom in that sesaon. Hahahaha. No one watches these shows for learning about how surgeries are done, right?? I wish @nrllee and others would give Dr. Romantic another chance, it was a good drama. Sighhh

am curious to why people watch medical dramas in general. kekeke... the only 'medical' dramas I watched were fusion time slip genres.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem , @Lawyerh 

my sister : I am watching this drama , it’s second season bla bla 

Me : not interested , I’m full with my drama 

then today I see her watching clip 

I am like :scream: , why drama I watching yet to show abs yet this started two seconds ago   & their is abs :triumph:

@Sarang21 don’t look it’s bad for exam :joy: ( That me evil :naughty: ) 

+2

You are being mean...You should have at least put it in spoiler :bawling:. How can I look away when you purposely taaged me:joy:

+2

• LOL 2

This just popped up on my Insta feed.  I may watch Dr R2 for HSK and these 2 cuties.  But first I have to plough through Watcher.  Plot thickens now in Ep5.  Loving the whole team and how they gel together.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am curious to why people watch medical dramas in general. kekeke... the only 'medical' dramas I watched were fusion time slip genres.

Medical dramas have that thrill factor I guess. Will the patient survive or not? Sometimes the hospital politics gets too stretched out and tiring but for most part it's fun. Plus all that blood and pus, I'm somekind of a sadist, I don't get squeamish easily either!!!

@nrllee yet to start on Dr. R 2, I'm a little disappointed that they don't have the original trio, but this cast looks great too. Fingers crossed that it's as good as S1

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm afraid it's really OMS' character JW that I find the more interesting character rather than Yoon Park's. Though, I did find it satisfying when he smacked his little sister for being such a weasel. :D

OMS is doing a wonderful job :) 

But Yoon Park is more romantic, he has a gentle look which breaks my heart. Also his smile is charming :) (I would put him in the category of 'forever young' lol)

+2

• Love 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Medical dramas have that thrill factor I guess. Will the patient survive or not? Sometimes the hospital politics gets too stretched out and tiring but for most part it's fun. Plus all that blood and pus, I'm somekind of a sadist, I don't get squeamish easily either!!!

ah is that it? kind of like how I watch detective series to see if they will catch the bad guy. still not my cup of tea but makes more sense.

• Like 1