[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

TP has to accept that BR is dead and she was not related to him, bury her so that when he meets her, she cannot be the dead BR but a brand new woman with a new name. Perhaps that's how the writer plans to present their romance which some us find squeamish.

I couldn't get over the girl- carer romance in the Happy Supper.

Among royalty and aristocracy, marriage between siblings or half siblings did happen long ago, not just Asian or Egyptian royal houses. Not sure how I can make of it. Looking forward.

• Like 6

Ha-ha Tae Poong's always late to the party/ the last one to know. I was worried they would have him be in amnesia with the accident.

In next preview it starts for Tae Poong as he views Ba Ram in a fresh perspective LoL. But of course Baek San, Ba Da will not make things easy. How will San Deul take this all in I wonder LoL? There's Jo Yi too..

It does appear that Ba Ram's birth mom has lost her memory but the sound of baby rattler seem to have arouse her emotions.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, maribella said:

TP has to accept that BR is dead and she was not related to him, bury her so that when he meets her, she cannot be the dead BR but a brand new woman with a new name. Perhaps that's how the writer plans to present their romance which some us find squeamish.

I do agreed with you, this is the only way Ba Ram can get close to the family by marrying

Tae Poong. Once she's in the Kang family home, she will by all means makes her move slowly

and dig out all information relating to her dead parents & why the Kang's wants her dead.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, kboramint said:

Do you guys think that TP will start a relationship with "Seo-Yeon"  knowing that she is Ba-Ram or will he find out after they get married?

Yes there is a possibility that BR true identity will only be known after TP married her, like the "star"

birth mark on her right shoulder.

• Like 5

Can you really call someone a stranger if you knew that person since they were a baby? That doesn't make sense.  

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Yes there is a possibility that BR true identity will only be known after TP married her, like the "star"

birth mark on her right shoulder.

Based on the preview, TP starts falling in love with "Seo-Yeon" so it possible that TP and his whole family won't find out until after TP marries her.

• Like 3

Well now that Ba-Da has kindly removed any chance of future fauxcest misunderstandings lets move on to the next big question ...

When/How will BR's real identity leak? ... (to TP for now)

- BR will tell him

- TP will see the star necklace

- The Monk will let it slip

- Jo Yi will actually figure it out

- Soon Young will let it slip

I really thought BR tripped herself up when they were at the restaurant with Soon Young strategizing, twice BR said "we" can't keep running, but maybe that was just lost in subtitle translation. 

BTW, I really hope the writers firm up TP's character. In one moment he's the strong and decisive lead, in the next he's having a psychotic break in Dads office ... and trying to off yourself in the car doesn't exactly scream stability either ... just saying.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I really thought BR tripped herself up when they were at the restaurant with Soon Young strategizing, twice BR said "we" can't keep running, but maybe that was just lost in subtitle translation. 

it really depends on the language where in some instances, you use the plural 'we' or 'they' (indirect) even though you are referring to a single person or yourself. I am trying to think when and how that occurs in my language but my brain is zapping. so it may not necessarily be ba-ram making a mistake but instead just making a generalized statement that refers to them all but also specific to soon-young as well. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

When/How will BR's real identity leak? ... (to TP for now)

I think the kid or SY's boss will let it out. SY has been calling her BR in front of the kid.

The preview shows TP saying he is falling in love with BR. So we will get a wedding soon.

• Like 5

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Another poll arrives, courtesy of @kboramint, @maribella , @marrez1 , @LeftCoastOppa 's brainchild, thank you @Lmangla for suggesting this drama's (shocking?) turn of events! 

@maribella @perfectmouse @backstreetboysfan @Lmangla @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @tofumochu @nohamahamoud2002 @CupcakeEonni @Newbie21SG @Yazusa @youngae @Thong Thin  @chococarmela @Latte_Anyday @hibiscus23 @the_sweetroad

Please feel free to share your theories with us :) 

If you have any other ideas or wishes, drop us a message :)

re: 

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Caught up:

Faux-cest usually bugs me but for some reason in this show it doesn't. It might have to do with liking the TP actor and San Deul being super dull as the romantic alternative. For now I'm going to roll with it. 

I don't understand all this jumping through hoops to hide the truth from Tae Poong. Its not like they believe he was involved or that he would defend his father. They are spending a lot of energy gaslighting him for no good reason, its not a great look. 

Just tell him. I do wonder if TP will turn on BR and San Deul after finding out they have been lying to him all this time. He has been going on and on about his sister and they have been just staring at him. 

• Like 7

Chairman Kang had detective Ma hidden somewhere so that he could make use of him again

to dirty his hands, that's why Kang did not kill him. Evil Kang.

Evil Ba Da trying to act smart to gain his father confidence by revealing info about Ba Ram being alive.

Hopefully, Ba Ram real indentity will not be exposed till she married TP.

Cute TP seems to have fallen head over heels to Ba Ram & I seems to  like him more & more.

He seems to be an energetic & righteous person whereas San Deul seems to be a

very dull person to me.

Sorry guys if I have offended any chingus here.

• Like 7

On 11/12/2022 at 1:30 PM, youactlikeicare said:

I don't understand all this jumping through hoops to hide the truth from Tae Poong. Its not like they believe he was involved or that he would defend his father. They are spending a lot of energy gaslighting him for no good reason, its not a great look. 

I agree. Keeping it from TP is really awful and isn't necessary. At this point I'm rooting for him, more than I'm rooting for Baram. At least she got away from that horrid family. In a way, she got really lucky. TP was left behind. He was stuck there and abused mentally and physically by his family. There is no way they can think he would tell. They can't even use the excuse that he is safer not knowing. He's not. He's someone driven by his guilt and not telling him the truth puts him in danger. 

I think I have said it before, but SD should be pushing harder for Baram to tell TP. He's written as this dull support beam of a character, but what about the friend he's had for YEARS?! He sees his first love for the first time in 20 years and chooses her over TP?! They have hinted at SD seeing him at his worst... I don't understand how he's not fighting for TP. What a horrible friend!

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I agree. Keeping it from TP is really awful and isn't necessary. At this point I'm rooting for him, more than I'm rooting for Baram. At least she got away from that horrid family. In a way, she got really lucky. TP was left behind. He was stuck there and abused mentally and physically by his family. There is no way they can think he would tell. They can't even use the excuse that he is safer not knowing. He's not. He's someone driven by his guilt and not telling him the truth puts him in danger. 

I think I have said it before, but SD should be pushing harder for Baram to tell TP. He's written as this dull support beam of a character, but what about the friend he's had for YEARS?! He sees his first love for the first time in 20 years and chooses her over TP?! They have hinted at SD seeing him at his worst... I don't understand how he's not fighting for TP. What a horrible friend!

Agreed. Not only is SD super passive (hasn’t changed since Red Shoes ugh) but he is also an awful friend. How can he even call himself a friend when he is literally basically allowing him to suffer for no reason. I would think TP knowing everything will make him even more loyal and he won’t accidentally spill anything to the his family. Not knowing will just make him go crazy and attempt to find answers himself and may even unknowingly reveal SY as BR to his family and then everything will just get worse..

Also, I saw a comment in the previous pages where they said SY having this weird stare when her stepmom comes in was super awkward. Like seriously, who would want that kind of hairdresser who has this creepy stare who looks soulless and still act normal like she didn’t notice anything? Speaking of which, this character is quite dumb. It’s clear she doesn’t really care much about anything and she sways to the smallest of things like that back and forth with the flower ajummas where she acts super confused and like “really??!!” face when the ajumma says yes she saw her husband cheat on her when she didn’t believe her before. Or when SY says that the yellow carnations are actually not a symbol of scorn when she believed the ladies who said otherwise.

Chairman is just comically evil and his acting matches it tbh. It’s really hilarious he just screams in this awkward way and just doesn’t fit in with the rest of the characters. It might be bad acting but I agree with the other poster who said they liked it. I think it’s just funny every time he speaks and he’s not scary at all. Compare him to the evil chairman in Second Husband who is actually just super despicable and disgusting and has no other quality. At least this one is just funny. BD is also going his way and I hope they don’t make her a redemption arc. She lost that chance a long time ago and not getting enough love from her parents is not a good enough excuse imo. 

But I gotta say this drama is pretty good. I like the plot and the characters and the pace and direction it’s going. Bringing back Auntie and TG from red shoes was also a fun nice surprise too lol. This just makes Gold Mask super pale in comparison (not that GM was fun to begin with lol). GM was just really dull and bad even worse than Red Shoes. 

Kinda random but my ranking for the five most recent revenge drama probably goes like this: Vengeance of the Bride > Love Twist > Miss Montecristo > Red Shoes > Gold Mask. Yes Gold Mask is really that awful. The uncle made that show at least a little tolerable (hard carry tbh) but it was just really bad in general. That pest JA screaming the whole time and most of the characters just being downright pathetic including both leads and none of the plot really making any sense.. yeah. Well at least the ending was alright or at least much better than that ridiculous ending that Red Shoes got (10 years and KS was still chasing Gemma who still didn’t give him the time lmao). The one going on is revenge drama done right. Too bad the weekend drama isn’t nearly as good :/

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Agreed. Not only is SD super passive (hasn’t changed since Red Shoes ugh) but he is also an awful friend. How can he even call himself a friend when he is literally basically allowing him to suffer for no reason. I would think TP knowing everything will make him even more loyal and he won’t accidentally spill anything to the his family. Not knowing will just make him go crazy and attempt to find answers himself and may even unknowingly reveal SY as BR to his family and then everything will just get worse..

I thought I was the only one finding San Deul dull. Yup, I hate his characters in Red Shoes ( currently watching till ep 50) .. he really can't act.

I do agreed to both you & @CupcakeEonni views on SD.  At least he should have informed TP about  Ba Ram identity so that TP stop suffering further (enough for a kid at young age admitted to pyschiatirc hospital). He's been protecting Ba Ram since they were kids & IF Ba Ram true identity being reveal, TP would do no harm to her BUT  he would be at ease knowing she is alive all thest years & by all means will come up with a good plan to protect her from his evil father.

• Like 6

Agree with everyone here that Ba Ram needs to tell TP sooner rather than later and spare him additional pain. He’s already been through the wringer, let’s give him some relief for once!

And I hope Ba Ram shows a bit more fire soon. I feel like I’m not relating to her or her choices as much as I was earlier on.

Anyone else laugh at In Soon’s defensive-chopsticks skills?

spacer.png

She and halmeoni have some great scenes together.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

Kinda random but my ranking for the five most recent revenge drama probably goes like this: Vengeance of the Bride > Love Twist > Miss Montecristo > Red Shoes > Gold Mask. Yes Gold Mask is really that awful. The uncle made that show at least a little tolerable (hard carry tbh) but it was just really bad in general. That pest JA screaming the whole time and most of the characters just being downright pathetic including both leads and none of the plot really making any sense.. yeah. Well at least the ending was alright or at least much better than that ridiculous ending that Red Shoes got (10 years and KS was still chasing Gemma who still didn’t give him the time lmao). The one going on is revenge drama done right. Too bad the weekend drama isn’t nearly as good :/

I fully agree that this has to be one of the best revenge daily dramas in the past 2 years I watch (since Red Shoes). The female lead is smart and able to get close to hose that she think deserves the punishment; and she's not afraid of anyone!

The storyline moves very fast and it makes a very good watch overall!

• Like 5