[Drama 2023] Doctor Cha , 닥터 차정숙 - Kim Byung Chul, Uhm Jung Hwa

0ly40

Oh, noooooo.  Dr. Cha is looking rather peaked like something is wrong somewhere or with her liver.  The mistress is fighting for her dignity which is fleeting.  If Dr. Cha is experiencing another liver failure, her husband will donate this time.  The family asking him what he wants, was refreshing as it was table talk and almost all in them family.

I think the best tactic is legal.  The mistress and husband can be named for a lot of things in court.    Dr. Cha has witnesses, your honor.

The two section chiefs fighting has been going on for awhile. The ex-BIL divorced and married for his career and now wants his ex back.  How selfish, entitled and lack of self-awareness.  I can see why the brother keeps belittling and fighting him but his sister is grown.

I hope Dr. Kim finds his birth parents.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Myung Se Bin Is Shocked By Kim Byung Chul’s Sudden Change Of Heart In “Doctor Cha”

Myung Se Bin Is Shocked By Kim Byung Chul’s Sudden Change Of Heart In “Doctor Cha”

Get ready for big changes in the relationship between Kim Byung Chul and Myung Se Bin on JTBC’s “Doctor Cha”!

Spoilers

Previously on “Doctor Cha,” cracks formed in Choi Seung Hee (Myung Se Bin)’s relationship with Seo In Ho (Kim Byung Chul) after Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa) found out about their affair. Telling his wife and family that he didn’t want to get a divorce, Seo In Ho promised to end things for good with Choi Seung Hee.

However, Choi Seung Hee—who became furious after Cha Jung Sook warned to leave the hospital—refused to break up with Seo In Ho, thinking that Cha Jung Sook would soon divorce him anyway.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Choi Seung Hee seems to have lost her brazen confidence. During an encounter with Seo In Ho, she realizes just how much her lover’s demeanor has changed in the blink of an eye. Not only has Seo In Ho turned ice-cold, but while glaring resentfully at her, he says something that shocks and infuriates her.

Doctor-Cha-2.jpg

The producers of “Doctor Cha” teased, “The May 21 episode will entertainingly depict Seo In Ho’s desperate attempts to keep his marriage going, as well as Cha Jung Sook’s reaction. Please also keep an eye on Choi Seung Hee’s reaction as she realizes she’s up against an unscalable wall that Cha Jung Sook and Seo In Ho have built up over 20 years of marriage—and what choices she will make as a result.”

To find out what transpires between Seo In Ho and Choi Seung Hee, catch the next episode of “Doctor Cha” on May 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1588785wpp/myung-se-bin-is-shocked-by-kim-byung-chuls-sudden-change-of-heart-in-doctor-cha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't understand this stupid victim narrative she keeps goin' on for. Or blaming everyone else except herself for all this.

It seems to me that Seung Hi has lost all self-respect. Not a good look to be clinging onto a man like that for almost 20 years. Had he wanted to be with her, he would have chosen her in the first place.

When Doctor Cha said:

"Your daughter's unhappiness is the price of your actions"

I was like :cutekitty:

For Eun Soo it would have been much better had Seung Hi raised her as a single mom or moved on and found a good step father and father figure for her. Seung Hi isn't setting a good example to her daughter with the way she's acting. A woman doesn't need a man to be happy. Seung Hi, please get your self-respect out of the gutter and move on. The man prefers his wife.

8 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Why is the mistress crying boo whoo, "you stole my daughter's daddy" 

Because Dr Cha "stole" In Ho from Seung Hi originally. In Ho and Seung Hi were dating in college but he had a one-night stand with Dr Cha who ended up pregnant. This victim mentality of Seung Hi's is too much though.

I was kind of glad that Jung Min broke up with abrasive doctor. It doesn't seem to me that their relationship was particularly healthy, and abrasive doctor should probably work on her traumas by herself for a while.

Am seeing a lot of comments online about how people are angry that people around Dr Cha is telling her not to divorce and being angry she didn't kick her husband out.

IRL after 20 years of marriage, one shouldn't make hasty decisions especially when emotions are running high. I am actually glad that Doctor Cha is taking her time to go over the situation and decide what she wants to do. Decisions like this should be made with a clear mind - not when one is angry.

I am sure that Dr Cha will divorce her husband in the end in any case, but we still have 5 episodes left. Please be patient y'all :kiss_wink:

As for the DNA test that Dr Roy wants to take, I am a bit anxious what this means. I have a feeling that we will find out that Dr Roy is related to someone in this drama, but who? Liver donor? Abrasive doctor? In ho? If it's Doctor Cha, we will have a sinking ship on our hands.

Leaving Lets Go GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Btw, do any of you have a feeling that Dr Cha is going to get sick again and require a new transplant? If that happens, I am almost certain that In Ho will be the donor as he will have come to realize at that point that he's been a jerk for the last 17 years.

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Please also keep an eye on Choi Seung Hee’s reaction as she realizes she’s up against an unscalable wall that Cha Jung Sook and Seo In Ho have built up over 20 years of marriage—and what choices she will make as a result.

I knew it would come to this. Seung Hi was second choice over 20 years ago. No way will she climb to first place this time either.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Seriously the bestie tellin' Jung Suk not to get a divorce?! And I don't get what's so attractive 'bout this In Ho person ew. He looks like a buffoon tbh.

Yet he was able to knock up 2 women and is the reason for this whole damn messy situation and still act as if he's God's gift to mankind. Ew just ew.

To be fair, his younger self was dreamy (in the flashback scenes). Besides, he had some charm as a younger person. I guess he got comfortable in his marriage, so he never gave a gift or treated her. 

That's why the relationship with his mistress isn't real: she got gifts and travel (only material things), but they only did things the two of them, despite sharing a daugther. Remember, she had to beg him to come to this one dinner with their daughter. It's sad but shows how he regarded his "second family" as a completely superfluous thing, just some entertainment. 

10 hours ago, brooksmom said:

I don't understand. Who's first?

Timeline is kinda like this:

Husband and Mistress were considered as "golden couple" during university days.

During a trip, husband and now-wife hooked up. Mistress at that time was abroad for a semester. Once she returned, she saw how Wife was pregnant and Husband and Wife together and had a shot-gun wedding. 

Then apparently, husband immediately left to the US for a study program / work at a Chicago hospital, where he re-met Mistress and they started an affair, where she got pregnant with Eun Soo. 

Husband returned back to Korea. Three years before start of drama, Mistress also came back to Korea and re-started the affair. 

About episode 11:

• Interesting that nobody cared about Mistress re: Fire. Last we saw, she was still at the rooftop. Husband didn't even call her to check on her, only ran after his wife...
  • I didn't catch Dr. Roy wanting to take a DNA test. Which scene was this? 
  • The two chiefs fighting about Bong Suk had me laughing, as the name was a play on our own Dr. Cha Jeong Suk. At first I got confused and thought they talked about our FL, but no, it was their sister / ex-lover. It's hilarious that defending each side then resulted in Husband and Dr. Roy rolling around the floor like little kids. Didn't think Dr. Roy would resort to immaturity, but I guess he got sort of provoked by the abrasive resident...
  • It's weird to me that nobody asked Dr. Cha to get a medical checkup due to inhaling much sm,oke, since she was in surgery some months ago. But they say doctors are the worst patients... 
  • I actually wanted a bigger blowup than just some screaming when Dr. Cha realised everyone knew. I was quite disappointed. I wasn't surprised when people around her advocated for her to think things through. Actually going through a divorce requires steel of will and heart, and planning. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, agenth said:

I didn't catch Dr. Roy wanting to take a DNA test. Which scene was this? 

He said it twice during the episode. Both when he was in the hallway (something about him hoping who could take a DNA test soon) and when Dr Cha saw the pic of his adoptive parents.

35 minutes ago, agenth said:

The two chiefs fighting about Bong Suk had me laughing, as the name was a play on our own Dr. Cha Jeong Suk.

This was a good catch, chingu. :D Bong Suk and Jeong Suk. :DBoth in similar situations.

36 minutes ago, agenth said:

Actually going through a divorce requires steel of will and heart, and planning. 

Yes, after 20 years there are a lot of things to consider not just emotionally but also from a practical point of view (division of assets, economy, etc.)

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

The possibility is high that we might already know the person who has blood-related to Dr. Roy.  I'm waiting for any hints soon. 

Who is your guess? 
:eatscookie:

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Not a clue yet but wouldn't it be dramatic if the person is our own FL?

I would actually find that hilarious. She hasn't shown any kind of romantic feelings for him, and for him I'm not sure if it's romantic or just protective feelings.

Shrugs GIF

I was thinking he might be the illegitimate brother of In Ho. Maybe In Ho's dad was also a cheater - cheating might run in the family.

:loolz:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

- "he had some charm in his younger days.." 

LMFAo!! Sorry @agenth I laughed way too hard on that. I'm sure In Ho was quite the "charmer" as do most of us ha-ha. Age is just a number anyways, it should not be an excuse really. And yup I agree men do get comfy after marriage. We all do actually.

I'm not married, what I meant by that is we all take things for granted.. we only start to miss something when it's gone sadly.

I could care less how In Ho regards his relationship with Seung Hee, Eun Seo. He made a grave mistake but is too cowardly to be accountable for his actions. Even if he showers Seung Hee with material things and see her as "entertainment" - it's wrong. He chose to spend his time, life away from his family with this woman, who is not his wife. Added to that he fathered a love child ffs. He's just disgusting. Period. Even when Jung Suk confronted him during the fire incident the ******* still thinks of Seung Hee! 

@YongZura⁷

No no say it ain't so LoL. This is not that kinda show. Why are asian dramas so into the whole (not)incest romance!? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Sorry @agenth  i wouldn't  lie ,secretly I want someone to sweep the floor on him @partyon @sadthe1st @sweetroad@YongZura⁷

I was right when I said 3-4 weeks ago on this thread that he has been relegated to being the household's mop. After it was revealed that he had fathered a secret love child.

fun spin GIF by KiKA

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I could care less how In Ho regards his relationship with Seung Hee, Eun Seo. He made a grave mistake but is too cowardly to be accountable for his actions. Even if he showers Seung Hee with material things and see her as "entertainment" - it's wrong. He chose to spend his time, life away from his family with this woman, who is not his wife. Added to that he fathered a love child ffs. He's just disgusting. Period. Even when Jung Suk confronted him during the fire incident the ******* still thinks of Seung Hee! 

Actually In Ho in younger years was attractive to these two women, he came from a "good" family, had smarts, and was nice. Plus Dr. Cha was quite naive back then (and tbh still is). 

I'm not advocating the husband/mistress situation. I just meant that both of his relationships lack love, and he just has cheap thrills. He had done this mistake twice, but should suffer the consequences, instead he is still behaving quite like a little boy. 

And he wasn't really thinking of Seung Hee - his wife told him that the mistress kept throwing her anger at her, so he was like "Oh Seung hee", i kind of interpreted as:

oh no what GIF

He didn't even call the mistress. He was simply being annoyed mistress was making a fuss, because he doesn't want to divorce his wife, and the mistress being loud does not fit with his want of having a comfortable life.

He basically wants everyone to stay in their lanes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, agenth said:

Actually In Ho in younger years was attractive to these two women, he came from a "good" family, had smarts, and was nice. Plus Dr. Cha was quite naive back then (and tbh still is). 

He was hot back in the day! :love:

img.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2