[Drama 2023] Doctor Cha , 닥터 차정숙 - Kim Byung Chul, Uhm Jung Hwa

0ly40

@partyon Thankyou for posting those k-netz comments. It must be a sore spot for me cos while I was reading them I got a little emotional. Being a wife & mother (working outside the home or not) is hard sometimes and the recognition of keeping a family functioning is pretty much zero, no matter what country you’re in. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Bejaffled fighting! :kiss_wink:

iu-cute.gif

It's difficult to juggle motherhood, work, marriage/co-habitation/single parent life, hobbies, friends, etc. It's easy to get a feeling that one is not enough.

It surely helps if one has access to daycare, parental leave for both parents, a supportive spouse, etc. It's still hard though.

Am myself a career woman - I don't have time for any shenanigans at home. My hubby not doing 50% of the housework and parenting? He would be out faster than he can say "I'm sorry, jagiya ". :unamused:

Will Smith GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Have problems quoting.

I don’t think hubby knows his mother put a piece of property is in his wife’s name.

:issohappy:

I hope she surpasses her husband,  divorces him and gives the property to their children.

9 hours ago, partyon said:

It’s weird though, because Inho hasn’t even mentioned divorce so far himself.

Chingu, he was absolutely not about to confess his feelings for her. He was about to tell her that her husband is cheating on her.

I think that sealed it for me that their marriage is over. It means that they were married only because of their one “mistake” that resulted in a baby, and that they never really opened their hearts to each other and became best fiends. They kept each other at a distance for over 20 years - how sad is that?

Had they once been close, MAYBE they could salvage this marriage. But with that background, divorce is inevitable 

Yeah, 2ML was gleefully going to rat the husband and mistress out.  MISTAKE, dude.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

On 5/1/2023 at 9:26 AM, Newbie21SG said:

Dr. Cha's ratings soared to 13.2% (2.846m viewers) and we are not even halfway yet!

It is now No. 20 at the all-time ratings table and will continue to rise up until 15-17% likely.

This was what I wrote last week, and not surprisingly, the medical dramedy continues to shoot up the ratings table at No 14 now, with 16.2% (3.696m viewers), already beating "Agency" which ended its run at 16% 2.5 months ago. This week, it will challenge "Itaewon Class" and if it can surpass 17% next Sunday, it will be JTBC's 4th highest rated serial, behind "The World of the Married", "Reborn Rich", and "SKY Castle"!

Way to go, especially with the plot intensifying next week as the affair will be found out!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Episodes 7 and 8

I was really glad that Dr. Cha was able to reconcile and help her daughter. She shouldn't have to go the medical route just because that is what her father wants, even though he has done zilch to help her out in any way.

Also, the senior resident that is dating her son is starting to realize that Dr. Cha may be a better doctor than her. I have counted at least three times when Dr. Cha was right, the resident didn't listen or pay much attention to her and each time, it could've been a disaster for the hospital, including that patient jumping off the roof. Her attitude was very nonchalant and unprofessional and she has had her panties in a bunch ever since.

However, first I-Rang. I feel sorry for the girl because she has so much to learn. She really thought that scene in the restaurant was going to somehow make her feel better? Her father has even more contempt than he had for her before. And, she lost the one friend she had and in the end, she still doesn't have the happy family she thought she would automatically get.  

I am not fooled by the preview for next week. I am pretty sure, the cake incident will be in her imagination. She will probably confide in her friend and use the MT the hospital is having to get some time away from her family and think. So, why is the husband acting jealous? Because he has been having his cake and eating it too. He gets support, labor, affection, sex, lifestyle from two different women without having to do much of anything. However, in this triangle, one woman is more important than the other. I honestly think when they were younger, he fell for Dr. Cha, which is why he got with her and got her pregnant. I don't think he felt good enough for Seung Hi who came from a wealthy family. Then he went to the U.S. and "hooked up" with Seung Hi and came back not really giving it much thought. But then she contacted him and confessed she was pregnant and when he panicked, she led him to believe she was getting rid of it. Fast forward 14 years and she is back in Korea with their daughter and now we have a bonified affair.

The fact that not only did she get involved with him and sneak around, but she carries a sense of entitlement to him. Like she wailed to her daughter, she had him first. She is like Queen Consort Camilla. She doesn't care about breaking up his family and image because all she sees is what she wants, and she has pulled her daughter into that same pathetic self-absorbed energy. Maybe it is just me, but the family collectively choosing to keep Dr. Cha in the dark FOR THREE YEARS is ridiculous! How do you keep an affair with an outside child away from your mother, and for that long??? So daddy gets to keep having his cake and eat it too, keep deceiving his wife for three more years? That is so non-sensical.

I predict....

She will initially hide the fact that she knows from her family, then all of a sudden spill it.

When she does divorce him, it will come with her getting that property, both properties.

I believe that the son's decision to keep it a secret could have a profound effect on his relationship. His girlfriend already knows and once she discovers he knows and isn't saying anything, it will cause a rift.

I think Seung Hi will eventually confront Dr. Cha and ask that she give him up. I also think her mother and Dr. Roy will feel the same way. Her MIL will beg her to stay, but hopefully she will realize it is because of that loan against the property in her name. 

The hospital will learn about them being married and struggle with what to do. Dr. Seo is a professor for them and Dr. Cha is connected to the $10 million dollar gift. It will be interesting to see what they decide. 

What say you chingus??? :approves:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Wait, but I thought Crohn’s disease was hereditary based on what a colleague stated about their case.  Anyways, dramas at times exaggerate.  I have a hereditary illness that started late in life when it is a childhood disease, and skips around the family tree. /shrugs.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Wasn't really plannin' on watchin' this, but decided to give it a try after readin' some glowin' reviews. Think this is one of reasons why South Korea won't be on my holiday destination list ha-ha due to the country's patriarchal values and also their very judgemental beauty standards, among others.

That aside, this was a very frustrating watch LoL as Jung Suk's problems are quite common. The lady who portrays her mil is too good for her role actually LoL. So is the man who plays her useless hubs. 

I am rooting for Dr. Cha's happiness and (possible loveline?) with hottie Dr. Roy Kim. There's an actual Korean singer sharing the exact same name LoL.

• Blob 2

“Doctor Cha” Production Team Apologizes For Issue Related To Recent Episode

“Doctor Cha” Production Team Apologizes For Issue Related To Recent Episode

The production team of JTBC’s “Doctor Cha” has apologized regarding the portrayal of Crohn’s disease in a recent episode of the drama.

On May 10, the production team of “Doctor Cha” released the following statement:

This is the production team of JTBC’s “Doctor Cha.”

We express our gratitude to viewers who watch “Doctor Cha” with affection, and we would like to apologize for hurting the feelings of patients and their families with the May 6 broadcast of an episode which dealt with a specific disease.

The episode was intended to talk about a specific case of a patient with severe chronic complications among the symptoms of Crohn’s disease, but in the development of the story, the explanation that this is not the case of typical Crohn’s disease was insufficient.

We failed to pay careful attention to the fact that lines spoken by characters who lack medical expertise with the intention of blaming patients could foster negative perceptions of certain diseases.

The production team of “Doctor Cha” would like to clarify that there was no intention at all to lightly deal with the pain and depression of patients who are struggling with the disease, and we will be more careful in producing the drama so that there is no discomfort while watching.

Thank you.

Starring Uhm Jung HwaKim Byung ChulMyung Se Bin, and Min Woo Hyuk, “Doctor Cha” draws out the “ripped life stitches” of Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa), who transforms from a housewife of 20 years to a first year medical resident.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586144wpp/doctor-cha-production-team-apologizes-for-issue-related-to-recent-episode

• Like 2

A delightful drama and the writers should be commended for the great dialogue.  I am sure the ratings will be much better now that the FML has found out that her scummy and cowardly hubby has been cheating on her for so long.  It will be an interesting weekend for those who love this drama this weekend.:partyblob:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I had just watched part of episode. Uhm has a very expressive face. The last time I saw her was as a conniving over the hill actress having the hots for her stepson. Not a likeable character.

I thought she was quite endearing here but then she was a mess in the bus emergency. Could a woman who brought up two children be paralysed in that situation? 
I'll wait for the show to develop a bit more. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Spoiler

Myung Se Bin Returns Her Gift From Kim Byung Chul After Their Affair Gets Busted In “Doctor Cha”

Myung Se Bin Returns Her Gift From Kim Byung Chul After Their Affair Gets Busted In “Doctor Cha”

JTBC’s weekend drama “Doctor Cha” has shared a sneak peek at Myung Se Bin’s cold confrontation with Kim Byung Chul!

Starring Uhm Jung Hwa, Kim Byung Chul, Myung Se Bin, and Min Woo Hyuk, “Doctor Cha” draws out the “ripped life stitches” of Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa), who transforms from a housewife of 20 years to a first year medical resident.

Spoilers

Previously, Cha Jung Sook’s family found out about her husband Seo In Ho (Kim Byung Chul) having an affair with Choi Seung Hee (Myung Se Bin). As much as they were shocked, the family wanted to protect Cha Jung Sook from getting hurt, but she also found out the truth, heralding a whirlwind of trouble.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills preview Choi Seung Hee and Seo In Ho having a serious conversation in a restaurant. Seung Hee gives her bracelet back to In Ho and turns around cold-heartedly while Seo In Ho jut looks down at the empty seat with a stiff face. Viewers are curious to find out about how their relationship will develop in the upcoming episodes.

doctor-cha-03.jpeg

doctor-cha-02.jpeg

doctor-cha-01.jpeg

The production team of “Doctor Cha” remarked, “Cha Jung Sook’s decision to face the truth that she did not want to face brings a huge change to the relationship between Seo In Ho and Choi Seung Hee. Please stay tuned to find out how Cha Jung Sook will overcome this crisis and what choices Seo In Ho and Choi Seung Hee will make.”

The next episode of “Doctor Cha” airs on May 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586744wpp/myung-se-bin-returns-her-gift-from-kim-byung-chul-after-their-affair-gets-busted-in-doctor-cha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills preview Choi Seung Hee and Seo In Ho having a serious conversation in a restaurant. Seung Hee gives her bracelet back to In Ho and turns around cold-heartedly while Seo In Ho jut looks down at the empty seat with a stiff face. Viewers are curious to find out about how their relationship will develop in the upcoming episodes.

I guess she realized that her lover loves his wife more than her?

19 hours ago, maribella said:

I'll wait for the show to develop a bit more. 

You need to watch this drama. It just gets better for each episode!

:highonflowers:

The hubby's facial expressions are hilarious :D@Ameera Ali has been making gifs of them. :D

On 5/9/2023 at 6:29 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

What say you chingus???

I think that you have valid points. I am kinda hoping that they don't put Dr Cha And Dr Roy together in the end - I would prefer her to be happy with her life in order, and with a hint that they might get together down the line.

The reason being that she hasn't yet shown any romantic feelings towards him - honestly, the only one showing romantic feelings is him. 8 episodes left for her to deal with her husband's betrayal and suddenly jump into a new serious relationship. I just feel like there's not enough time.

@LeftCoastOppa @Lmangla @confusedheart when are you gonna pick up this show?

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

I guess she realized that her lover loves his wife more than her?

Then why is he cheating on her? Is it resolved yet? 
I hate cheating shows, unless it's a daily with hilarious idiotic males and females.

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

The hubby's facial expressions are hilarious :D@Ameera Ali has been making gifs of them. :D

His expression is legendary :D

This scene get me every time twin 

What your husband do ??

She be like .. 
IMG-6591.gif

* me when I want gossip 

IMG-6589.gif

Him

IMG-6586.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

His expression is legendary :D

This scene get me every time twin 

I know !!!!

Even @agenth loves him - just because of the faces he makes. :D 

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Then why is he cheating on her? Is it resolved yet? 

No, I think that the main reason is that they were kind of forced to get married and they never really opened their hearts to each other.

I would actually like to get more background of this part so the character would get a bit more layers. 

He had a one night stand with the mistress 17 years ago but didn’t really start the affair with her until 3 years ago.

Am pretty sure he doesn’t really love her either. For some reason he seems to love his wife more. But he can’t keep it in the pants.

I think we can agree on the fact though that this marriage is doomed. Dr Cha will take her building and divorce him no matter how much he grovels. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

If ever the writers do ever have Dr. Cha to forgive her hubby and reconcile, viewers will be very upset and there will be an uproar.  There are so many unforgivable sins he had committed and she should divorce him. Take him and his abusive mother to the cleaners leaving both destitute for mistreating her for so many years.  He has not shared her bed, refused to donate part of his liver which is a life and death situation for her and even went for vacation with his mistress whilst she was in hospital.  Who cares whether he loves her more than his mistress?  His lack of support of his wife is one thing but sabotaging her efforts takes the cake.  I really wish to see him grovel or get some form of incurable illness and see him watching his loyal wife walk away into the sunset with a more deserving partner who will make her happy.

• Like 6

Uhm Jung Hwa And Min Woo Hyuk Are Shocked By A Drunk And Jealous Kim Byung Chul In “Doctor Cha”

20230513050853_Doctor-Cha-1.jpg?s=900x60

May 13, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Doctor Cha” has shared a sneak peek of a shocking encounter from its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Doctor Cha,” Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa) finally found out about her husband Seo In Ho (Kim Byung Chul)’s affair with Choi Seung Hee (Myung Se Bin).

Meanwhile, as Roy Kim (Min Woo Hyuk) became aware of his growing feelings for Cha Jung Sook, Seo In Ho also began to experience his own change of heart: not only did he discover of a charming new side of his wife, but he also became jealous of her interactions with Roy Kim.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Seo In Ho makes a startling transformation after having a few too many drinks. While the surgeon typically places a great deal of importance on appearing dignified and put-together, with not a strand of hair out of place, the usual Seo In Ho is nowhere to be found as he drunkenly waves over his wife in a bright pink outfit.

While Seo In Ho is happy to see his wife, both Cha Jung Sook and Roy Kim are frozen in shock at Seo In Ho’s unexpected behavior—and a surprising declaration he makes while inebriated.

Kim-Byung-Chul.jpg

Spoiler

Uhm-Jung-Hwa.jpg

Min-Woo-Hyuk.jpg

The producers of “Doctor Cha” teased, “Once again, Seo In Ho and Roy Kim will get into a thrilling battle of nerves over Cha Jung Sook. Seo In Ho’s change of heart after tasting a bitter dose of reality at a medical volunteering site will be fun to watch.”

They went on to add, “After Seo In Ho’s double life is discovered, Cha Jung Sook, Seo In Ho, Choi Seung Hee, and Roy Kim will face a crossroads where they must each make their own choices.”

To find out what shocking declaration the drunk Seo In Ho will make—and what kind of ripple effect it will cause—catch the next episode of “Doctor Cha” on May 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1587003wpp/uhm-jung-hwa-and-min-woo-hyuk-are-shocked-by-a-drunk-and-jealous-kim-byung-chul-in-doctor-cha

• Like 2