[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

I don't think she is inconsistent at all.  It's just that she has a soft side for BW's mom and sister.  According to me SK has divided her close people into 3 types. First comes BW and CD who she love whole heartedly.  Next comes Lady Jo and CB ahjusshi who she has friend-zoned and thirdly BW's mom and sister who she respects as in-laws.  So she never want to disturb these people and affect them coz of her ex-princess status.   But in political affairs she is very very smart and moves each and every coin after deep understanding.  We can say she is still not official wife of BW yet and so she obviously will back-step and will be under the radar when BW is not on her side at home. She gains a huge confidence when he is by her side and when he is there to protect her.  This is just my opinion. 

I really liked how she took the left councillor head-on, meeting him face-to-face.  Just wonder if BW was at home at that time.  

Anybody interested in reading reviews of the recent episode, click

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/06/22/let-no-one-go-against-her/

It's an excellent write up. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

also had to laugh when dae yeob met the princess and offered to help her. okay, so he feels that as a second wife, she is likely to suffer and sees it as humiliating. but how exactly does he think he will help her? where exactly will she go? to some temple and be a nun? hide in his house? LOL... 

I know right? When the princess lived at the Lee manor Mrs left councilor gave her a hard time and the only time she was able to get out of the house was to go to the temple with a guard and a chaperone. While with BW she had an adventurous experience of the world. She was so grateful and touched as she expressed her gratitude to BW because for the first time, she fulfilled one of her dreams, to see the ocean.  Because of DY, the princess got into trouble in his father's house and DY could not do anything about it. DY does not get it, the princess chose BW because she knows BW values and loves her, is willing to fight for her, protect her and even give up his life for her. DY gave up on that chance when he refused to run away with her. Instead he resorted to drinking while the princess was staying at his father's house. So, yeah, what did he think he can do for her now? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

One of the best parts for me, for this week’s episodes.

8914-BE8-F-2-BD5-4-A60-A514-51-C753-AACA

3-A78-ABF5-6-EF2-42-E6-84-AA-8-FF8-BD785

It seems that Dae Yeob has some foreshadowing of tragedy with him being in harm’s way and near death twice already. 

There were two ost released this week. I’ll attach the links as I don’t think these were posted here yet? 

H3ATHER SUN – BLACK (BOSSSAM: STEAL THE FATE OST PART 15)

SONG YOO JIN – SPRING WIND (봄바람 봄) BOSSAM: STEAL THE FATE OST PART 16

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking, could SK be the next empress? Remember she told BW that she had thoughts of being a king when she was younger, that's why she learned about politics and palace and court affairs It's just a thought. She might be the key to to Yi Cheom's doom.

Dae Yeob is still a bonehead where SK is concerned. He's always thinking that he wants to save her, but from what, he was no idea. He doesn't even know where he could send her, and while he can be brilliant in some things, he's also dumb. He knows that he's not regarded as a full member of the family, but he has this stubborn notion that he can make Yi Cheom change and reverse all his evil deeds.

I think the introduction of CD's birth mom is to make things a bit more interesting because, honestly, the game between the king and Yi Cheom and their minions are too boring. The scenarios are all the same, and the acting of Lee Jae Yong (Yi Cheom) is consistent. He's acting in the same way that we've seen (or at least I have) in every period drama he appeared in. He has nothing new to show after seeing him is about 9 sageuks and a few other dramas.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I just think it’s Hilarious  to picture BW running down the road after the  RickRoll'D with a sickle. Wonder why he put up with all that in the first place .It’s not like she was taking care of the baby anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

omg she said :I love him...in front of her father...AWESOME

He confessed to his mother and she confessed to her father.  His mom accepted her and I hope the king let her live with him HEA. 

• Like 3

this was an interview prior to launch of show but find it cute for their interactions and reading on the characters. :) since it got released with subs recently, sharing for folks like @fluffyloaf also found out why MVs of this drama refer to them as 'mildang couple' -- yuri & il woo picked it as a name, meaning 'push and pull' couple. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Shin Hyun Soo Stirs Hearts With His Undying Loyalty In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

Jun 25, 2021
by L. Kim

Shin Hyun Soo is one of the major reasons to look forward to the final four episodes of the historical drama “Bossam: Steal the Fate”!

“Bossam: Steal the Fate” is about the fateful romance that occurs when a mysterious rogue named Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) accidentally kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Girls; Generation’s Yuri), the widowed daughter of King Gwanghae.

Shin Hyun Soo plays Dae Yeop, a romanticist who never forgets his first love. In the beginning, he made hearts flutter with his sweet gestures to Soo Kyung. However, the appearance of Ba Woo seemed to darken him with jealousy, and his unilateral love for her grew desperate, which doubled the viewers’ sympathy for him. Despite his broken heart, Dae Yeop struggled in a lonely fight to protect Soo Kyung and Ba Woo.

Furthermore, Dae Yeop could do nothing but watch Soo Kyung from afar as she became more romantically involved with Ba Woo. He then had to draw a firm line between him and Ba Woo, who eventually became somewhat like a friend to him, with harsh words that claimed they were natural enemies because of their fathers. Nevertheless, Dae Yeop did everything he could to protect Ba Woo and Soo Kyung and even defended them from his father Lee Yi Cheom (Lee Jae Yong).

Although it seemed like Dae Yeop was heavily influenced by his father, he never betrayed Soo Kyung and Ba Woo, and he even went as far as to say that his father was wrong and the king was right. He straightforwardly told Lee Yi Cheom that there should not be any more wars in Joseon and started to grow into a more dependable person who strayed from his father’s overbearing shadows.

As a result, Lee Yi Cheom’s distrust of him increased, and he became branded as a traitor. Despite the fact that Prince Gwanghae (Kim Tae Woo) doesn’t approve of him because he’s Lee Yi Cheom’s son, Dae Yeop continued to carry out his orders, and his determination to choose a lonely path in order to protect Soo Kyung touches viewers’ hearts.

The drama’s producers commented, “Dae Yeop, who is not welcomed at home or at the palace, is expected to continue his pure love [for Soo Kyung] and firmly go his own way. Please tune into the remaining four episodes to see what will happen to him in the end.”

“Bossam: Steal the Fate” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9:40 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476500wpp/shin-hyun-soo-stirs-hearts-with-his-undying-loyalty-in-bossam-steal-the-fate

i feel so sorry for HIM...

• Like 5

wow, they are still releasing more of the OST! do you know of any other drama that has this many songs? 

I really like the picture/still they have used for this track. there was something so romantic about him trying to protect her head from a rain droplet. some of the romantic scenes in bossam were certainly unique and stand out for being different and belonging to a faraway time where even the smallest of gestures took on meaning....

that said, does anyone think we will even get a kiss before the conclusion? ^_^ put in your guess in the poll above -- POLL ALERT! 

tagging: @pad-hari, @reddragon, @lila21, @anyeze, @ktcjdrama, @RobinM, @andy78, @afv, @shinkeru, @sobohomom2, @4evrkdrama, @backstreetboysfan, @868_ Sen, @Yinye, @morganian, @itsmeash, @Phoenix Klaw, @lhynne @rocher22, @Glam, @mysticmango and any one else watching....

shall we make the poll a little entertaining with a bet? if your choice is right, post a clipart picture of a book (the princess education actually worked! hahahahah). if your choice is wrong, post a clipart of soju (so that we can have a little drink? kekekek). 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @agenth, @confusedheart326

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Thanks @Lmangla It will be fun to see the outcome of this poll. I’m starting to lose hope that there will be any intimate moments beyond hugs and hand holding but I’ll stay defiant till the end. Surely there will be one lol. There has to be at least one kiss, right?! :emmm:

Wow they really have one ost per episode. I like that the list of music is a balance between old/ traditional and modern and also a mix of slow ballads and upbeat tunes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

Thanks @Lmangla It will be fun to see the outcome of this poll. I’m starting to lose hope that there will be any intimate moments beyond hugs and hand holding but I’ll stay defiant till the end. Surely there will be one lol. There has to be at least one kiss, right?! 

bwahaahah.... same here; was really thinking of voting for option 1 - no kiss but then thought I should lean in to my optimistic side. what do we have to lose right? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Omo lady jo FTW!!!!  What a kiss!!! Wow!!! Even she had a long kiss CB ahjusshi.  Will our OTP have a kiss scene tonite??? 

maybe we should have had a bet about them instead. they got the kiss scene first? bwahahahaha.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1