[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if we don't get a kiss after the wedding, would we still get any in the last 2 episodes hahahaha..

Yes, if we don't get a wedding kiss, I vote for part 2 and a long kiss, longer than lady Jo. The wedding outfits are beautiful and they are both beautiful but we are all waiting for a beautiful long kiss already!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

DY is the previous king's grandson, the rightful heir to the throne. His father is the elder brother of current king (SK's father). So DY and SK are cousins. 

Thank you for the translation of the big reveal!! So, the princess and DY are cousins. No wonder Li YI Cheom did not want DY and the princess to be married, because if they did, then DY would be more predisposed politically to be an ally of the king because of the princess. Whoa!!!!, this minister has manipulated the kid. He took away his right to choose to marry someone he loves and never revealed his true identity unless it was truly necessary for his own purposes. Which brother of the king was the father of DY? Was it his brother from the same mother which will make the princess and DY first cousins which I think was and still is taboo to marry or was it a brother from another concubine which would make DY's father a step brother of the king which will make DY and princess step cousins? This concubine thingy is confusing. If that were the case, it was manipulative of LYC to have hidden the truth until he needed to use it. The mother on the other hand, also may not have wanted to reveal the truth because she was protecting DY from being involved in a political struggle or is she in cahoots with LYC??

LYC, is now revealing his real intent. I feel bad for DY and I hope he remains faithful to the Princess and not betray her and the king. But now that he knows that he has a "right" to become king will he change, especially of his treatment towards BW? I hope we will not get into prolonged political jousting because I want to see more passionate romancing from the BW and the princess and make that the ending. 

Edited by lila21
  • Like 7

Great news for uri Bossam family!

They’re getting close to hitting 10. I really hope they do. This show deserves it. And it would be awesome to see them perform a dance again and with cutie Cha Dol too. 

Bossam: Steal the Destiny” continues to make MBN historical past!

On June 26, “Bossam: Steal the Destiny” soared to its highest viewership rankings so far—breaking its personal document for the very best drama rankings ever achieved in MBN historical past. In response to Nielsen Korea, the newest episode of “Bossam: Steal the Destiny” scored a mean nationwide score of 9.zero p.c, making it the most-watched program to air on any cable channel on Saturday.

https://www.entertainment.lokmatdaily.com/2021/06/27/bossam-steal-the-fate-breaks-own-mbn-ratings-record-as-voice-4-and-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-2-hit-new-all-time-highs-entertainment-daily/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

DY is the previous king's grandson, the rightful heir to the throne. His father is the elder brother of current king (SK's father). So DY and SK are cousins. 

Interesting, so they are going to follow history and make Dae Yeok Emperor Injo.

In history, Gwanghaegun (the current Emperor) was deposed by the Western Faction and exiled, and they made another grandson of the previous Emperor the next Emperor.

Which may be a way out for BW and SK, because Injo would let them leave and protect them. Also, the current Emperor wasn't killed, just exiled. They could all go into exile together, which may explain why they had the scene with BW telling the Emperor what is so fantastic about being Emperor.

Injo wasn't exactly "rightful heir". Gwanghaegun was Crown Prince, not Injo's father. But "acceptable" since he was from the royal bloodline. Gwanghaegun had a son who was Crown Prince. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Sunday Preview is up..She asks for him to stay in her room  that night but he refuses. She asks if he doesn't like her but he wants to protect her presumably because they aren’t legal yet.  Maybe that’s where the makeshift wedding scene come in. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Hope my expectation tonite is fulfilled as the OTP take their relationship one level up.  And the ladies are the first to take the relationship forward.  Excellent!!!! :hooray2:

Pre released clip for ep. 18

Beautifully written. 

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/06/27/sleep-here-tonight/

Awwww… now I get why Ba Woo and Soo Kyung had their own wedding ceremony. In the pre-release clip for Bossam Episode 18, Soo Kyung asks Ba Woo to “sleep here tonight” – that is, to sleep together in the same room… and to sleep together. Ba Woo is flustered while our ever awesome princess is wondering why he is avoiding her. Does he not like her? Did the king order him to stay away from her? Even his mother is worried whether things are all right between the two. If he isn’t bothered by these reasons, why then is he not sharing a room with her? Ba Woo replies he isn’t avoiding her, but protecting her. He means he is protecting her reputation and her dignity. She is a princess after all. Though they are committed to each other and practically living like a married couple, they technically aren’t married. I believe Ba Woo loves and respects Soo Kyung too much to just sleep with her when she isn’t his lawful wife. Which is why he ended up formally proposing to her and having the ceremony – so when they sleep together, they do so as man and wife. I’m sure Ba Woo has plans to legally wed Soo Kyung when things are more settled but our princess can’t wait. To her, they are already as good as married and such formalities take second place when the both of them could die any time. And she is literally raising his son as her own. Heh. I guess Soo Kyung has been waiting all this while for Ba Woo to take their relationship to the next level.

I may be wrong on the above but I do think I’m right in guessing why Ba Woo hasn’t made a move to be intimate with Soo Kyung. Such a lovely, poignant love.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, shinkeru said:

@Lmangla looks like we will get to see this before their wedding scene? We might not have to drown ourselves on soju after al

kekekeke.... am ready for us to all collectively squeal together if that happens.... :lol: 

bossam123.png 

but have also prepared soju pics (from this drama) if we don't get a kiss; the preview is not giving me much hope LOL. :lol: here they are getting married under the moonlight with not a soul to disturb them and he goes in for a hug. he could have kissed her hand or caressed her face or grinned a naughty smile..... but no, we get a hug and that too the sleepwalking kind -- here, let me pat you to sleep types..  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Beautifully written. 

Love the article. Who knew that underneath Ba Woo’s ruffian and scruffy exterior lies a gentlemanly principled man. *swoon* 

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekekeke.... am ready for us to all collectively squeal together if that happens....

So ready to squeal and faint, we deserve it after 17 episodes lol my curiosity is that, does the Princess know what she’s doing and what happens on a wedding night? Has she gathered more info on the subject from her book collection? 
6-F585-F59-FB49-49-E3-8-B81-5-B2-E6-B799

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

but have also prepared soju pics (from this drama) if we don't get a kiss

Lovely. Hold on a sec though, I’m a little confused on our bet, those who voted for a hug will also have soju when they lose? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

Lovely. Hold on a sec though, I’m a little confused on our bet, those who voted for a hug will also have soju when they lose? 

kkekkeke.... this is one bet where even the winners will be a little sad. so maybe some soju is needed? we all would like a kiss whether or not we think it will happen. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:
16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Interesting, so they are going to follow history and make Dae Yeok Emperor Injo.

In history, Gwanghaegun (the current Emperor) was deposed by the Western Faction and exiled, and they made another grandson of the previous Emperor the next Emperor.

Which may be a way out for BW and SK, because Injo would let them leave and protect them. Also, the current Emperor wasn't killed, just exiled. They could all go into exile together, which may explain why they had the scene with BW telling the Emperor what is so fantastic about being Emperor.

Injo wasn't exactly "rightful heir". Gwanghaegun was Crown Prince, not Injo's father. But "acceptable" since he was from the royal bloodline. Gwanghaegun had a son who was Crown Prince. 

In this drama, DY is the son of Prince Imhae the older brother of King Gwanghaegun. Prince Imhae was stripped of the title of Crown Prince because he was incompetent although he had many supporters and probably included the Left Councilor Yi in this drama. Gwangaehun proved his competence when he was sent to war against the Japanese and came back victorious and alive while the late King Seonjo and family went into hiding. Prince Gwanghaegun stayed in the capital and administered in his father's place while his father was in hiding. King Seonjo wrote a letter declaring Gwanghaegun as the CP. Got this info from this link about Gwanghaegun: https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FGwanghaegun_of_Joseon%3AMC8_XiTBXEePZlxSkDbdLJ_15Pc&cuid=2094193

Joseon is also a tributary kingdom of China and the present Ming Dynasty had a say on who becomes the ruler of their tributary kingdoms. Ming favored Prince Imhae because he was the older son and maybe politically he was easier to manipulate. At this time in history, Ming is a dying dynasty and is in a fight with the founders of the next Dynasty the Qing. This is my speculation, but my thinking is Gwanghaegun is weighing to see who wins the fight between the big dynasties. 

Injo on the other hand is also a grandson of King Seonjo from another concubine so his father would have been a half brother of King Gwanghaegun. Injo's name was Prince Nyeungyan so DY could not be Injo or Nyeungnan. DY is a made up character as the princess in this drama.

Now I really symphatize with DY. I realize now that his decision to not run away with the princess came from knowing his "father's" character, and his love for the princess. If he ran away with the princess Lee Yi Cheom would have turned Joseon upside down to find him because DY is his most precious weapon to reach his ambition to be "father of the king" and the Princess would certainly be dead, although DY did not know of his father's reasons at that time.  LYI would make up a reason for the princess death as in committing suicide, same excuse as he did when the princess went missing from his house. The king on the other hand also is using DY as his weapon by challenging DY's love for the princess. DY is really caught between a rock and a hard place between the father of the woman he loves and the "father" he knew all his life. 

But so is BW. His mother is now reminding BW to save his grandmother, the Dowager Queen who is imprisoned in her own palace for treason against the king and the king also challenged his manhood and his love for his daughter, if BW has the guts and know how to protect the princess with his life. The three of the young lovers and ex-lover are caught in web of dangerous political conflict. The king is fighting for his survival knowing that many want to depose him and State Councilor Yi is fighting for a right to grab the throne.

The tragedy is both the king and Councilor Yi will lose. While they are busy fighting each other, another party will rise and put their own "CP" on the throne, Prince Nyeungnyan who will become Injo. 

I think DY is the most tragic character in this drama. I have no idea how they will end his character but I think, (speculation) that he will be made a sacrificial lamb by his own decision just to prove his love for the princess. We shall see

Edited by lila21
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Omo, omo!!! Is what we’re all waiting for finally happening?!! 

yes Finally!!!This drama women are so strong ...look at lady Jo and CB!

i also think that if DY is future king Injo...will use his fake father and kill him and his son later...he might make a deal with Westerners faction and will let the former king live...maybe he will also let the princess and her husband leave the town...in ep 18 preview we see him burning his first love drawings...her father is his uncle after all!!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i also think that if DY is future king Injo..

Nahhhhhh, Injo is the the grandson of the late King Seonjo. His father's mother is a concubine not the mother of the present king. DY on the other hand is the son of Prince Imhae who was the older brother of King Gwanghagun from the same mother. Injo was not the son of Prince Imhae whom the left councilor stated here. Prince Imhae's son is DY. Injo's name was Prince Nyeungnyan, his father was Prince Jeongjon not Imhae. DY and Nyeungnyan are 2 different people. 

Edited by lila21
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Instagram update from our OTP. 

Are we going to see her dressed like a man in the upcoming episodes??? 

XF1dVrN.jpg

VTv09sU.jpg

LufjCIW.jpg

Spoiler

P6iVdnK.jpg

Fv21eic.jpg

Cr: DC gall

Edit:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004813857

Well-made historical drama 'Bossam', overseas popularity 'Bossam

(Google translated) 

Recently, the OTT platform 'viki', which is being serviced in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Oceania, and Asia, has risen to the top 10 in the US market content ranking, as well as 9.4 out of 10 in the service user evaluation, making it highly favorable to overseas viewers. got In addition, with the enthusiastic support of overseas fans, the subtitles were created in 11 languages, including Polish, Greek, and Arabic, based on the last broadcast standard, which is spreading to global users.

In addition, the popular OTT platform 'friDay' operated by 'Yianchuan (Nuclear Power Plant) FET', one of the three major telecommunication companies in Taiwan, is being popularly serviced, and the viewer rating is also 4.8 out of 5, recognizing the workmanship. received.

MBN said, "'Bossam' will be aired on KNTV, a Japanese broadcaster specializing in Hallyu, from September this year, and will be serviced in the second half of terrestrial broadcasting stations in Vietnam, the Philippines, and Singapore. It is expected to meet more overseas viewers and become a global Hallyu content.
Edited by pad-hari
Added a naver article
  • Like 8
  • Blob 1

If there is is any flaw in the writing of the OTP is that he went almost directly from seeing her as a dangerous burden to be got rid straight to absolutely adoring her and putting her on a pedestal and willing to jump of cliffs for her. There needed to some scenes strung along of him not always feeling  so virtuously protective and being conflicted about it whether they be humorous or not. 

• Like 4

I would say it's all implied from the way he changed his attitude towards her.  This show is kinda for the matured audience who can get the point as everything is not shown explicitly.  Even now if they do not show any physical scenes between the OTP, we just have to assume and be happy for the couples HEA.  I like the execution of the story and the OTP's awesome chemistry is also to be credited for. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, andy78 said:

seems Bossam pre-release episode 18 got into top 100 Naver TV !!!I feel so happy for them!!!They deserve the best!!!

Wow!!!! Anybody watching live tonite??? Just google "MBN on air".  You will get the link.  Hope tonite's episode is awesome!!!!! :love:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

MBN said, "'Bossam' will be aired on KNTV, a Japanese broadcaster specializing in Hallyu, from September this year, and will be serviced in the second half of terrestrial broadcasting stations in Vietnam, the Philippines, and Singapore. It is expected to meet more overseas viewers and become a global Hallyu content.

Glad to know they are expanding their audience reach. I hope it will also be picked up by Netflix for a wider international segment. 

• Like 5