[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

9 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Also, sorry for being daft here, so having ramyan is an innuendo for sex? 

Just a little trivia but I believe this phrase was coined from a movie years back. I have seen TONS of parody all across Korean shows and it always referenced the one line by Lee Young Ae in the movie One Fine Spring Day (2001). I guess the phrase has been used for about 20 years now. :coolshades:

Korean shows be it drama, movie, variety LOVE to cross referencing popular material that if you get the inside jokes or even puns, it can really elevate your experience watching it. Subtitles really can't capture all the nuances. 

• Like 4

Am I the only here hoping that SB will go back to his original body? I just think it's unfair for him and SY. SB is clearly a guy with a straight guy's feelings, he was clearly disappointed that it was not HY but instead the king who he slept with. It's unfair if he would eventually just settle as the queen because he doesn't have a choice. And SY as well, it'll be nice if she can finally live a happy life with the king.

• Like 5

thank you - @poopytubby  - I watched the ep, so I agree with you, no doubt for sure  -- my question was more like - if he didn't save her, why would he let the queen know that he lied/ or something is not true? 

"for him to do so" - to hold his fingers crossed 

• Like 1

How many episodes is this drama?

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

BTW, has Jo Hwa Jin gotten dark or what? She just watched a small child (apparently) commit suicide and her only reaction is to make it all about her.

I think what she meant was the feeling of grief and despair she had when she found her supposed courtmaid dead in the well. Didnt she blame the queen or the queen's clan for that? Now that Damyang was killed (but presumably not), the queen must now have felt what she (Hwa Jin) felt before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Did Hwa Jin seriously just come to say that 1 line to the Queen and leave? :joy: Jeez!

But this episode was seriously hilarious. I can't believe I caught up and now have to wait one week for the next episode. I'm so excited to see King and Queen working together finally!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

BTW, has Jo Hwa Jin gotten dark or what? She just watched a small child (apparently) commit suicide and her only reaction is to make it all about her.

honestly at this point i'm fully convinced the writers just decided to write her as annoying and selfish as humanely possible. like she was literally not even needed in that scene but she just appeared to talk nonsense ksdjnfksdjnf

41 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

my question was more like - if he didn't save her, why would he let the queen know that he lied/ or something is not true? 

sorry i don't really understand your qn... because the king did save her? i think the king probably asked people to swap out the poison that she was being fed, making her pass out instead of die. and he wanted to let the queen know since it was also his promise to her (and probably also she was so heartbroken at that moment and was ready to go ballistic). sorry if i didn't answer your qn again ^^;;;;;;;

• Like 5

quick question:

so, it means our theory about reincarnation is wrong? the real soyoung is dead and bonghwan is inside the body now? whoever the soul inside the body, shin hyesun is really nailed the character

2 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

honestly at this point i'm fully convinced the writers just decided to write her as annoying and selfish as humanely possible. like she was literally not even needed in that scene but she just appeared to talk nonsense ksdjnfksdjnf

ikr! she just appeared out of nowhere and blame soyoung without knowing the real story. she's really portrayed all human's main behavior :joy:

can't wait to hate hwajin more and more at the weekend!!!!

Mrqueen Kdrama GIF - Mrqueen Kdrama Ladychoi - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, Sobayaki said:

Did Hwa Jin seriously just come to say that 1 line to the Queen and leave? :joy: Jeez!

But this episode was seriously hilarious. I can't believe I caught up and now have to wait one week for the next episode. I'm so excited to see King and Queen working together finally!

The writer had to give her at least a line because the entire cast was on that scene. Leaving her out would be bad. Hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

37 minutes ago, strongtower said:

How many episodes is this drama?

20 episodes! And also 6 10-minute spin-offs, I believe. 

31 minutes ago, Sobayaki said:

HONESTLY. Hwa Jin just trotted over and said "ha, look. Now you know how I felt." Like whaaaaat.

Like many, I think my top episode was also episode 9 but now it's DEFINITELY 14. This was SO action packed, I had to go back and make sure I got my ideas right. I am happy that SB knew it was CJ, first off- admitting that she (using this pronoun for convenience) would have liked it if it was CJ or HY regardless. At this point, I think SB likes CJ too but is trying hard to push/subside these feelings. Did anyone laugh as hard as I did when CJ tried to chase SB all over the palace? Ugh, his puppy eyes when he was in DJJ Hall saying that he was going to wait for her. UGH. He got me (too). Of course then he recites the poem she writes and EVERRRRYBODY just straight up wants to laugh. Why hasn't anyone said anything about the concubines shipping SB and CJ? That was the cuuuutest thing ever! Those concubines were on our same boat! (I can also never get out of my head KJH's "roar" - thank you. That was so adorable.)

The blind lady played both sides and I was a bit shocked when I knew CJ had kept tabs through his guards to make sure that SB was safe... But the way that he went back to the palace right away after hearing about the Kim's plot- oooooooooof. Can't believe they tried to kill SB because she ruined their plans of taking out the king. Ridiculous. But I think it's quite evident that CJ really cares about SB through little details like the hand squeezing, assuring her that everything was going to be okay type of motion.

I screamed at the end when he crossed his finger! I don't think HD (the little girl) died. They must have put on a show for those two clans to see. I'm definitely looking forward to this alliance between the King and Queen- I think they're gonna dominate so hard together!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

I just finished watched the ep 14 with the subtitle.

I like the whole scenes in episode 14. 

Even though the 'hot night' scenes not that much, but I should say it's beautiful.

CJ was carried away by SB's saying. He was going wild! It was SB who took off CJ's clothes tho. haha

I have been also intrigued how people will perceive this identity crisis of SB.

A man soul who trapped in woman's body falls in love with a man.

I actually will be sad if Jang Bong Hwan back to the original body.

I meant, SB starts to love CJ here, even though she has a male soul but it's love! And CJ loves SB as well, can  we just have happy ending here, entertain us please writer-nimmmm!! 

Btw, just want to remind  you guys how hilarious when SB tried to describe that hot night with the King :joy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gosh!

Saturday is soooooo loooonggg!

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, abc said:

I can't believe that a Chef from 2020 and a King from Joseon Dynasty are the best couple of 2021, i love their interactions so much! 

That is because:

1)Shin Hye Sun great acting skill as Kim So Yong, Kim So Yong with Bong Hwan's soul and Kim So Yong and Bong Hwa kind of merged personalities. You can see the different of the three characters here because of Shin Hye Sun's brilliant performance with each characters.

2)Kim Jung Hyun great acting skill as a man who distrust his wife at first to a man that crazily in love with his wife. You can see from the little detail that Kim Jung Hyun portrayed like the way he looks at her, the sound of his voice when he speak/call her and also the way he touch/caress her hand/face.

3)Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun daebak chemistry!!!

And of course this drama's script. Although their relationship here is the slow burn type of romance, but it feel so swoony and great because it develop at a good pace and it give chances to both of Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun characters to shine whether in a funny or an intense scenes.

Love this couple a lot!:wub:

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Next, a second bed scene with more detail pleaseee!

credit to the owner

Everyone in the palace can see that this royal couple are in love with each other:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, xprosperity said:

Why hasn't anyone said anything about the concubines shipping SB and CJ? That was the cuuuutest thing ever! Those concubines were on our same boat! (I can also never get out of my head KJH's "roar" - thank you. That was so adorable.)

I wanted to but this thread is moving so fast I can't tell if someone already said it. LOL

The concubine on the left punching the shoulders on the one next to her and saying how matching the Queen and King are, complete with her gleeful reaction, I felt, represented all us fans - it was truly a brilliant idea on the part of the scriptwriters.   

I think enough has been said about the King and the Queen. What I wanted to add to this forum was the scene of the King sending off his loyal guard. It was heart-warming, no airs, down-to-earth, giving each man a hug and apologising to them for the pain he put them through - now that is a scene I don't often get to watch. A man (and a King at that) who is not afraid to be in touch of his feelings and lower his guard, when he needs to!

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

55 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

I just finished watched the ep 14 with the subtitle.

I like the whole scenes in episode 14. 

Even though the 'hot night' scenes not that much, but I should say it's beautiful.

CJ was carried away by SB's saying. He was going wild! It was SB who took off CJ's clothes tho. haha

I have been also intrigued how people will perceive this identity crisis of SB.

A man soul who trapped in woman's body falls in love with a man.

I actually will be sad if Jang Bong Hwan back to the original body.

I meant, SB starts to love CJ here, even though she has a male soul but it's love! And CJ loves SB as well, can  we just have happy ending here, entertain us please writer-nimmmm!! 

Btw, just want to remind  you guys how hilarious when SB tried to describe that hot night with the King :joy:

Yeah, i would be sad if Bong Hwan returns to his original body.

I'm not that fond of So Yong because I hardly know her, but I am fond of Bong Hwan, the protagonist.

Just imagining So Yong taking all the credits and rewards at the end makes my blood boil. 

It's not like Bong Hwan took over the body while So Yong was alive. She gave up, and Bong Hwan took over the body she left behind.

Also, the drama made sure to point out that So Bong (Bong Hwan) is no longer heterosexual, and shows hints of him quickly accepting being bisexual.

I don't read Korean comments because when I read in the earlier episodes, they are so focused on wanting So Yong to have a happy ending to the point that I literally saw popular theory that Bong Hwan already left her body (stuck in his body in hospital), and current queen is actually So Yong with Bong Hwan memories. 

I am like WHAT? How can they throw away the protagonist that fast for a minor character? Yeah, she is a minor character. A ghost character who only appears in flashbacks. 

Why are they so obsessed with So Yong and her happy ending with Cheol Jong? Only focusing on the fact that she loved him. Cheol Jong didn't love her though!

To be honest, majority of korean viewers seem to be not ready for this. They want a heterosexual female character and heterosexual male character couple. I can see them trying so hard to exclude Bong Hwan in the relationship.

I stopped reading korean comments after reading that ridiculous theory of throwing Jang Bong Hwan, the protagonist, out the window. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, enzek said:

Love this couple a lot!:wub:

Next, a second bed scene with more detail pleaseee!

Everyone in the palace can see that this royal couple are in love with each other:

@enzek Thank you for your description of our royal couple's slow-burn to sizzling hot romance.   The chemistry between these 2 leads are just incredible.   So highly XXXsual-charged at some points.  And the  Queen repeatedly had to knocking her head or heart to double-check on her feelings.   She just could not believe she has no control on what overtook her.   :D     

• Like 8

15 hours ago, aisling said:

Even though their first night was chaster than I expected I really liked the way So Bong grabbed Cheoljong’s neck.

She’s so passionate when it to comes to skinship, it’s so refreshing to see a female lead who looks like she’s actually enjoying touching and kissing her love interest. Some female leads lay like a corpse and I always cringe when a male lead has to do all the work. 

I hope we’ll get to see another intimate scene where both So Bong and Cheoljong are sober and where So Bong really wants to be with Cheoljong. Cheoljong has been pining over So Bong for several episodes, so I wouldn’t mind watching So Bong long for him instead.

Also both Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun looked so beautiful and dreamy during this tender scene I didn’t know who to swoon over first!

I absolutely love So Bong for being so forward about her passion - she seems to have a thing for the king's neck - she grabbed it several times during their epic make-out session as well. 

you know, even in these "chaster" scenes you can feel the fire between - this is such a tease for the weekend lol 

I don't know why for the first time, I feel like, I'll wait patiently for the weekend and binge watch all the previous episodes multiple times if needed - esp ep 14. 

Cheoljong is my favourite character in this drama so far (So Bong is So Bong lol) - the way his character unfolded is just a joy to watch - he has a very very tragic situation with little to no power - he is someone who should be rightly paranoid and easy to control like how the evil JG predicted but he outgrows his fears and nightmares - he refuses to be a victim and tries his best to fight his way out. He is also very true to his own feelings as well as his cause - I really like how there's no unnecessary drama (at least till now) - about his "torn" feeling for the queen and the concubine - he's already made peace with the fact that so strong are his feelings for So Bong that no past love can compare or come nearer to them. I think part of this is because (like I mentioned in my earlier posts) Cheoljong feels free and alive whenever he's with So Bong - with everyone else there's always something "expected" from him. With the queen, it's just his own interest in figuring out who she is as a person (once he figured out she's no longer a threat). 

I am really amazed how progressive Cheoljong is - it's quite normal to misunderstand your enemy's intentions, after all, they are the enemies for a very good reason (the Kim clan) but he goes over and above to properly understand So Bong - and he surprisingly does! I mean look at his confession! He speaks all the truths - that So Bong is selfish, rough, inconsistent etc etc. but still he likes her, even with all the flaws in the world, he would still like her. This is indeed "soulmate" love - you accept and yearn for the real person instead of some flawed illusion you make of them. (*cough cough*)

I'm also glad the king's brother wasn't too much of a trouble in ep 14 - he also unknowingly helped them consummate (if he interrupted the couple that night - the king probably would have been too worried for it)

Also, I think, the royal couple make a good pair because they don't have any resentment or built up frustrations regarding each other - they vent it out (although it's their servants who take the brunt of it most times) - they yell and argue with each other and more importantly, you have a husband who listens to everything his wife has to say!

So Bong, thus far has not really paid attention to the king, the way the king has been paying attention to her. Given that she is in fact a playboy - her crisis is understandable but I think it's the first time she's emotionally invested in someone (the king) - without the need to woe, she was free to actually look at Cheoljong as a person and appreciate him as a person (probably without knowing it herself) - that's why she was so shaken when the bomb exploded - she loves him but has not understood what "love" is because until now she never experienced it. That's why she think their hot night was better than her/his earlier ones. In ep 14, she more or less accepted that it's Cheoljong that "she" has feelings for - that was again wonderful to watch because she's not in denial that their night was bad but unable to come to terms that it was so good. 

I'm so torn between waiting for ep 15 and not wanting this drama to end. I still have lot of analysis and commentary, will keep posting when I get time. Glad to have an outlet for my own overwhelming feelings about this drama lol 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I'd like to mention this .. I was surprised that the GD Queen's royal maid cum masseur is on the King's side.   I thought she was just one of those maids.   

And how the King now saying it .... "My Queen"
                                                                             :heartxoxo:

And these two - so cute  - chu chu chu chu
cr https://twitter.com/lunausurpadora

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, cenching said:

Can someone enlighten me of what JBH means with his sex life/experience on bed before was like a piece of soft bread but now is $@&/?;&??? :coolshades: Asking for a friend....

Hahaha... ehm... Ok, if anybody wants to stay innocent, look away! Last warning!

Spoiler

LOL, I might get it wrong but basically when So Bong was a man he was the “hard one”.

But now when So Bong is in a woman’s body... her body is soft.. and Cheoljong is the one who’s... making a hole into a soft bread :shaq:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 12
  • LOL 9