[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

13 minutes ago, gutterland said:

Omg yess, i agree with this. I dropped Oh my ghost when I realized that's how it will end. It felt off so I dropped it and I just watched video clips to enjoy jjs and park bo young's chemistry :lol:. So I hope we get a lot of mr. Queen and king scenes to enjoy incase they go with this route. 

I also dropped that drama when I realised they were going to completely ignore the ghost. I felt bad for her because not only she was the one who made Jo Jung Suk interested in Park Bo Young, but she actually fell in love with him too. 

The only hope I have Mr Queen won’t take the same route is that our main protagonist is Jang Bong Hwan while in Oh My Ghostess the ghost was a supporting character.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

:tears:

Why? Why just a glimpse of those rippling back muscles?:tears: What a tease(r)!:wub::tears: Blinded by the handsome King! I have no coherent thought in my head now.

Nevertheless, let me try to gather my thoughts...

The confrontation scene between the two men was super intense! No men vying for Mr. Queen! Oh Lord! :P:D Jokes apart, KJH eyes smoulder in those intense scenes. I can't praise him enough for portraying the shifts in his emotions. From the stormy eyes to the calm before the storm eyes and vice-versa! I don't find any faults in his character. He is supposed to act like a weakling. That is what his 'job' as the King required. You can catch those smouldering embers at times, when he let's his natural inclinations take over. As the title of the episode suggested, he is wearing a mask of being a weakling, a mere puppet in the hands of the far greater powers. Intrinsically, he is a very sharp and intelligent man, hiding behind the guise of a weakling. The confrontation scene gave me goosebumps, such was the intensity between the two actors.

The court is becoming a murkier place. I wonder how the cousin would react when he comes to know that his father is the one suggesting a replacement for the Queen. It will be fun to watch where his loyalty lies.

A couple of disappointments:

I felt there were too many filler-scenes. That kind of ruined the balance. Generally it is well maintained the balance between the light , fluffy sometimes romantic moments and the heavy dose of court intrigues.

Secondly, there were not many Mr. Queen and King scenes. Mr. Queen was partly indisposed for more than half of the episode. As a viewer, I wait eagerly for the episode to air just so that we can catch their interaction. They need to be given more screen time, IMHO. I'd really appreciate it if the team considers our feelings and give us more King and Mr. Queen screen time, not necessarily romance, just the two of them even if they are bickering or being suspicious of each other, I'd really appreciate the screen time. I am sure the other viewers would agree since watching the 'Royal' couple is the high point of the drama.

On a different note, I really think that the actor who plays the role of the young attendant of Mr. Queen does such an amazing job. Her emotions feel so real, whether her joy to have the Mr. Queen regain his/ her consciousness or her despair on finding the Queen indisposed. Mr. Queen has a good friend/ well wisher in her, a genuine friend in her. I enjoy watching the scenes between the Queen and the attendant too.

This brings me to the Royal concubine, I cannot stand her sugar coated words and sweet saccharine smile. She is such a fake person. Pretending to be innocent and a genuine person while trying to conspire and bring down the Queen. I can understand her reasons for doing so, the Queen is her competitor, but I just hate the way she has the King wrapped around her little pinkie and our King, usually so observant seems to be totally clueless about her real intentions. She comes across as a very manipulative woman. The way she manipulated the Queen and got her blessings for their conjugal union was very cunning of her.

More than the misunderstanding between the King and the Queen, I want the King to see her for what she is, and not be swayed by her honeyed words and innocent face.

Anyway, enough of my rant....hopefully, we will get a more engaging episode tonight.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

This is the right place to vent.

I HATE the cousin!!!! When he said "You should be mine" and leaned in to kiss her, I almost bumped my head against the screen. I can't believe he disregarded Soyong's feelings like that. Even if she hadn't married the king, what makes this this this :vicx: think that she would have been his?! What nonsense was that dialogue? SY doesn't have feelings for this dude. UGH. :onfirex:

I start to unlike him the moment he pushed Court Lady Choi to make way for him barged into Queen room:angry: I was like MAN THAT’S NOT COOL ! Freaking where is you manner. When he tried to kiss The Queen, I was like MAN she is a married woman, at least show some respect she is the Queen. *blasting fire*:Fist1:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

LOL.

A lot of us are on fire but that's the beauty of us viewers being immersed in the drama.

So 'icky cousin' is the right name for him. He is actually really smart but sadly his desire for the Queen has blinded him (at this point) to what his adoptive father and Queen Dowager is planning.

I think once a Queen is deposed, the Queen would be banished and can never marry again. Most likely sent to a nunnery for life. That's an awful fate.

m1andU.gif

This scene gave me the chills.

Hail to the King!

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Preview

Seems SoBong and CheolJong had their first night.

Past about young SoYong and CheolJong

is revealed.

SoBong and CheolJong  goes outside palace in disguise. 

SoBong having argument with one of the locals.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Did Soompi become overloaded because of the final scene tonight? LOL

I need the subs before I can process what to say.

And then, the waiting begins.

Haha I just came from Twitter everyone is losing their mind at the last scene :rickroll:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

omo, THE ENDING OF EP.8.  SHE WAS TANGOING INSIDE HER ROOM WHEN THE ASSASSIN AND THE KING ARE FIGHTING HARD.  HEHE CUTE:rickroll:

Spoiler

MORE TONITE'S VIDEOS

EP.9 30 SECS PREVIEW 

Spoiler

15 SECS PREVIEW

CR: TVN

EDIT: DID SHE SAY SHE IS FROM THE KING'S FAN CLUB IN THE PREVIEW, HEHE:joy::joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Hmm.. could it be....

Spoiler

So Yong came back into her body for that critical 'first night'? LOL

And Bong Hwan seriously has no memory.

It would be funny in a way since the body actually belongs to So Yong.

It would also be a tricky issue of consent.

Bong Hwan was not willing to go all the way and yet it happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

What happened with soompi? For a while suddenly I couldn't reach this page?

Wow... Finally he kissed her.. even though that's for a way out... Just curious, the assassin, does he wanna kill the queen that night? Because they wanna change the queen with another Kim woman?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Guys... help. Send help. I’m losing it. I’m totally losing my marbles here!!!! 

3692.gif

I did not see the kiss coming this early. Holy mother of Pearl. Okay, I can’t be the only one who’s totally swooning right now, right??? I know it’s still a “kiss to distract” but giving how this drama is set... I’ll take what they give. 

NHLzsv9.gif

7B6srpS.gif

Spoiler

JGO4nPu.gif

Spoiler

cYDZ8ry.gif

EDIT: Apparently he said “Today, I’m going to break “no touching” rule. Wait, what? Did he know what it meant the whole time? 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1