[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am pretty sure drunk sex angle won't work in this show and with this King. Nothing happened, I am confidant they just kissed and she passed out. He is just teasing her.

I second you. I think it's  gonna be consensual when it happens. 

In the preview for the next episode she talks about being a member of the king's fan club! Guess she has fallen for his charms.. hasn't she?!  It's so cute with these two.They bicker when they are in the same room but their gestures speak a lot. 

@poopytubbyMay be she got her period or had a wet dream or might have missed her dragon and dragon balls again. lol.

Btw I think she was in a romantic mood anyway; considering the fact that she assumed two men fighting to dancing tango. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

That concubine is a first class "B." She came into someone's house, in this case the reining queen's house, but she doesn't even give any courtesy to anyone. She's uneducated and crude. In modern times, she's just a common, a thug. She acts like one of a loan shark's collectors.

It seems like she caused the current King's family to suffer and the young Cheoljong to fall into the well, until he was rescued by young So Young, who was taken away, leaving Hwa Jin, who the young boy mistook to be his savior.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Theory based on what's gone down so far:

1. Queen is the one who actually saved the King when they were kids but the Concubine stole the credit. That explains the way she rushed to the Queen's home forgetting all propriety.

2. The conversation at the lake - Dunno if the Queen and Concubine are referring to a recent incident or the one in childhood when they talk about SoYong trying to kill the king - but from the ep9 preview it appears that young SoYong was crying about a mistake which caused a death(s). What makes this complicated is we don't know if SoBong's memory is incomplete or the OG queen also forgot some of it... I wonder why never cleared it up with the king before they got married about the truth if she remembered everything perfectly.

3. While my first instinct is to say no they didn't do it, I can come up with several reasons that would justify if they did do it - Conceiving the heir has been mentioned three times now, the joke has already been done in ep2, there's also a mention in the same episode of how a woman might not remember if she did do it, she is not plastered that it feels like the king took advantage, the episode seemed to be building up to it with all the king-queen scenes (especially the drunk scene), both of them are already falling for each other.

The only reason why I feel they haven't is coz the kiss was a cover-up in front of the cousin for the King being out at night and coz there are 12 more episodes to go...

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I get why some of you perhaps unhappy with the last scene/preview because the king maybe did it while he was sober and the queen was drunk. However, I thought rather than he took advantage of the queen, I think both of them are sober and they actually did it. Or at least the king believed 100% the queen was conscious and they had a great time together. While the queen thought it was only a dream & her subconscious mind is Soyong, so it's very possible she gave him a permission 'in her dream' lol. I made a whole thread about it :D

I am very against to anything without consent, even if it is a kiss, and the CDrama

Spoiler

Had two scenes with dubious consent. In the drama, though, the Queen was still hitting on maids when she slept with the King, but here we had an episode where she had to throw water on her to feel less smitten by the King.

IMO, if it happened, they will justify it. Idk how drunk the Queen was when her Cousin and the King, who both passed out where ok enough to go back to "work". It seems to me that it was many hours latter. Maybe the Queen will blame the So Yong in her for what happened, or nothing happened and the King will not actually says that something happened. 

Maybe she just agreed with him to sleep there so they will not question why he was there, anyway, after the kiss she could have sent him away. Her cousin was there I am sure he would be more than happy to kick him out.

In the preview they seem fine with each other and Queen even declares herself a member of his fan club so as it seems, she holds nothing against him.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

after watched the preview, i think one of the reason why soyoung wanted to kill herself is her past (DUH OBVIOUSLY). the child in the preview, which is little soyoung said that she is the reason why his family are killed because she cant keep his secret. maybe it is the reason why she doesn't want to tell cheoljong that she is the real soyoung, the one who saved him from the wall. we saw when cheoljong enacted her as queen, and her gaze toward chelojong is like someone who just falling in love. maybe she didn't know cheoljong is the boy she saved when they were kid and she just falling in love with the king, and when she knows the truth she feels responsible for the death of the family of the man she loved

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE:twerk2:

i read a post about hating hwajin. tbh i felt bad for her. i tried to put myself on her shoes and imagine what if the man i loved suddenly pay attention to other girl ofc i will go basilic. but then, she got his love from lies and according to our mama it is such a turn off (glad to see our mama won't try to pursue hwajin again lol). so i cant help hating her when she is on the opposing team and tries to hurt a very likable character lol

and for the cousin, nah, i don't have any words for him

idk about the other but for me this episode is kind of... lacking in steadiness(?). there are several scenes that (i think) aren't really important to the storyline. one of them is that kim hwan(?). i hope their triangle story can be a factor related to the main story of this drama, not just as a sweetener (which is kind of funny because i think kim hwan likes hongyoung and hongyoung likes that bodyguard and the bodyguard likes kim hwan (he got all jealousy when hwan brings a friend HAHAHAHAHAHA))

ok thanks for reading my babbling and pardon my grammar:smooches2: 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Ashbelle said:

May be she got her period or had a wet dream or might have missed her dragon and dragon balls again. lol.

Btw I think she was in a romantic mood anyway; considering the fact that she assumed two men fighting to dancing tango. 

HAHAHA the tango part seriously caught me off guard :joy: it was so intense until they said that. 

i'm not sure if this has been shared before - this twitter user subbed 3 clips (in the same thread as the linked tweet) from the press con

21 minutes ago, annaR said:

after watched the preview, i think one of the reason why soyoung wanted to kill herself is her past (DUH OBVIOUSLY). the child in the preview, which is little soyoung said that she is the reason why his family are killed because she cant keep his secret. maybe it is the reason why she doesn't want to tell cheoljong that she is the real soyoung, the one who saved him from the wall. we saw when cheoljong enacted her as queen, and her gaze toward chelojong is like someone who just falling in love. maybe she didn't know cheoljong is the boy she saved when they were kid and she just falling in love with the king, and when she knows the truth she feels responsible for the death of the family of the man she loved

I'm guessing also that she wasn't aware that her family was involved in so much corrupt and evil acts and she was basically just a pawn in their game? it seems like she's a lot more morally just as compared to the rest of her family (including her cousin like idk why ppl think he's super nice i mean yea he's nice to soyong but he also plays an active role in keeping their clan in power - he's been doing that since he first appeared lel) and i think that guilt may have pushed her over the edge as well. i keep thinking why she didn't expose hwajin, i think it may be because she doesn't want to take another person away from the king? im not sure. anyway SOYONGGGGG im crying my heart out for ya girl ;A; (PS annaR your english is great!)

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

That adopted cousin Byeong In is so misguided. Like the concubine, he's also crude, pretending to protect the queen but actually lusting after her. Even if he is the head of the justice department, a position he requested from his adoptive father, it does not give him the right to disrespect the king. He's always confrontational when meeting the king, which doesn't earn him any brownie point as far as I am concerned. He infuriates me. He thinks he's above the law.

I wonder where that eunuch, the minion of Jwa Geun, is assigned. He's the one with the scar on his left cheek, the one that kidnapped and tortured Oh Wol, the concubine's maid.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

9 minutes ago, reddragon said:

That adopted cousin Byeong In is so misguided. Like the concubine, he's also crude, pretending to protect the queen but actually lusting after her. Even if he is the head of the justice department, a position he requested from his adoptive father, it does not give him the right to disrespect the king. He's always confrontational when meeting the king, which doesn't earn him any brownie point as far as I am concerned. He infuriates me. He thinks he's above the law.

I wonder where that eunuch, the minion of Jwa Geun, is assigned. He's the one with the scar on his left cheek, the one that kidnapped and tortured Oh Wol, the concubine's maid.

Agree with you @reddragon  I have seen and read that if any one was to defy, be rude and disrespectful to the King or Queen, even looking at the royalties with disdain, will be whipped, taken off to prison or beheaded.  He's gone overboard, yet the King is not taking action.  Is it because of his connection with his father or him being the Head of Justice Department?

Feel like throwing him into the well ! :fear:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

THAT ending came out of nowhere but I am HERE for it!!

:fullofhearts:

158c6224c6580b7df165e548b0905df8638f522eb384cec66cb1b5ea97d27bfc1715e548b3a7a79cdf7c8176f526ab22936cffb57d6aa9873b6e6937

Cred. owner (Tumblr)

So obviously there are 'consent' issues here because we know SB was drunk when this happened. BUT we are yet to see her reaction to it next week so fingers crossed they handle it appropriately. And NO I do not think he would actually take advantage of her while she is clearly not sober enough to understand the situation so the whole "first night" scenario seems sketchy - he definitely has an ulterior motive.

But feelings <333 The King is catching feelings!!! SB on the other hand, now that she is regaining SY's memories slowly...I really don't know how they're gonna go about it but hey!! they have done all these "romantic" scenes tastefully so far, with a straight guy being in a lady's body "falling" for her husband. This is a chaotic mess but I am here for it:Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

18 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah, i agree with everybody here.  I dont think they made love.  He is just teasing her that they did consummate referring to her denial to the first night they spent.  He will not touch her without her consent coz he seem to be a gentleman. 

To be honest, I'm not that confident not in king, but in queen :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 1

Now that I’ve recovered from the kiss a little (I still can’t believe we got a kiss this early) I wonder if the scarred assassin knew he was fighting the king?

Cheoljong was in disguise but he didn’t cover his face. So... I guess the assassin knew it was the king and still attacked him? The assassin poses as an eunuch in the palace so I guess he knows the king’s face? I mean, the king’s face is not of a common person... 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

If the royal couple did it and our queen get pregnant later, other than Hwa Jin, I wonder what is the king's brother reaction:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

I like the king new costumes too:wub:

credit to the owner

I want to be a permanent member

credit to the owner

I love this odd couple so much:sweet:

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I see there's a huge queue but I am here to join the King's fan club too!

Let's start with his agility! :wub: Not going to fangirl over those rippling back muscles. I have already expressed my 'appreciation' and look forward to more such 'teasers'. Jokes apart, the King is super smart, sharp, intelligent. You can almost see those mind wheels turning in his head as he calculates his next move. His 'clueless' face hides a sharp mind. But I am afraid that the courtiers are already catching up on his 'act'. He better be careful.

I loved his earnesty when he said that he truly wants the queen to not be his enemy. He is okay with her not being his ally, but definitely not fine with her being his enemy. That tells me that he is genuinely feels for her. He is perhaps not aware of his 'fondness' for her and is probably living in denial but over and over again, we have seen his vulnerable side. The Queen is definitely wiggling her way into his cold, stone heart. Yes, he has ulterior motives, not denying that. But at the same time, his heart is thawing. Overnight, one cannot fall in love with someone after harboring ill-will for years. But the good news is that the heart is thawing. It remains to see how much it thaws for the Queen and if he would realize and acknowledge his feelings.

So after Episode 7 which gave us hardly any King & Queen screen time, they very well compensated for it in the next episode. A with a kiss dangling like a carrot before the audience, how can our emotions not be all over the place?

As for if they actually did 'it', I would say that if the story needs it and IMHO it does need it because otherwise the concubine would win this game of one upmanship by producing a heir which would be like evil triumphing over the truth. As for the question of consent, the King knows the Queen likes her. He has caught on her feelings. In fact during the very 'macho' drinking confrontation scene, he quite confidently claims that the Queen likes him and the Queen did not deny his claim. She is already regaining the lost memories and with that she is feeling what the Queen had felt.  So it is no longer just a body, it a body evoking feelings and emotions. It is imperative that they do it to stop the evil forces taking over.

I am not bother about the homo/ hetro question here. A soul is a gender-less entity. A soul has many past lives. It can inhabit any body / 'husk'. The Royal couple has my heartfelt blessings. I hope they learn to love, respect and trust in each other. Annndddddddddd, we the audience get some 'good' news soon enough. This is after-all, a work of fiction and one can take  a few creative liberties.

I do not feel that the cousin is too rude/ bold. He is only doing what he thinks id the best for the woman he loves. He has seen how miserable she had been in her one sided love for the King. He wants to protect her.  Leaning in to give someone a peck on the forehead but restraining oneself knowing she was not his to claim, shows immense restraint in him. I actually applaud him for stopping and admire his devotion to her. It surely must hurt to see the woman you love involved in a loveless marriage, yet powerless to do anything.  

I think the King's brother and the concubine are made for each other. I dislike them both. I have no sympathy for them. They deserve each other as they are blinded by power.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, enzek said:

I want to be a permanent member

Me too.   How do we apply?  hahhahahha!  

5 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

I see there's a huge queue but I am here to join the King's fan club too!

I loved his earnesty when he said that he truly wants the queen to not be his enemy. He is okay with her not being his ally, but definitely not fine with her being his enemy. That tells me that he is genuinely feels for her. He is perhaps not aware of his 'fondness' for her and is probably living in denial but over and over again, we have seen his vulnerable side. The Queen is definitely wiggling her way into his cold, stone heart. Yes, he has ulterior motives, not denying that. But at the same time, his heart is thawing. Overnight, one cannot fall in love with someone after harboring ill-will for years. But the good news is that the heart is thawing. It remains to see how much it thaws for the Queen and if he would realize and acknowledge his feelings.

Well put @confusedheart326 - thanks! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

In the beginning I liked Hwa Jin because she was willing to risk her life for the king but now whenever she appears on screen I get annoyed. OK I can forgive her for lying to get his love maybe she got greedy and was too much in love with him. But she didn't even try once to save So Young when she fell into water. Instead she ran away. And now she is colliding with Queen Dowager to make herself queen. Perhaps she will try to even kill her.

The cousin might be extreme sometimes but he had given up on his love seeing how excited So Young was to meet the king. I think he would have continued to stay quiet if he hadn't found So Young in a miserable state before her marriage night. He didn't pursue her and let her go because he thought she would be happier without him but now he sees that her husband is in love with another woman and is possibly trying to kill her. Moreover he also knows that the king is not what he is pretending to be. I think he has every reason to suspect the king. 

The queen now wants to frame that Mr. Han's ancestors so he doesn't even get the chance to born. I would say that might actually work. This way Bong Wan will never be framed and fired from his job and wouldn't have to drown too. And for that she is trying to impress Great Queen Dowager :lol: Then her tango dance and exorcism. I must say I have never seen such cool FL in a period drama. She is epic. 

The king should stay away from his brother. He is bad for the king, queen and the entire drama. I consider him more dangerous than Kim and Jo clan because the king trust him most.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

In the beginning I liked Hwa Jin because she was willing to risk her life for the king but now whenever she appears on screen I get annoyed. OK I can forgive her for lying to get his love maybe she got greedy and was too much in love with him. But she didn't even try once to save So Young when she fell into water. Instead she ran away. And now she is colliding with Queen Dowager to make herself queen. Perhaps she will try to even kill her.

The cousin might be extreme sometimes but he had given up on his love seeing how excited So Young was to meet the king. I think he would have continued to stay quiet if he hadn't found So Young in a miserable state before her marriage night. He didn't pursue her and let her go because he thought she would be happier without him but now he sees that her husband is in love with another woman and is possibly trying to kill her. Moreover he also knows that the king is not what he is pretending to be. I think he has every reason to suspect the king. 

The king should stay away from his brother. He is bad for the king, queen and the entire drama. I consider him more dangerous than Kim and Jo clan because the king trust him most.

i really like your views on those 2 people. almost everyone here get mad at the cousin and hwajin:joy: including myself lol

but you're right. every characters in this drama aren't exactly black or white. they have their intention, anger, revenge, past, guilty, good, bad and all of it create a great disaster to the main lead (maybe except queen dowager and that brother of hers).  and even the king's bro has his own intention. his family got killed by the andong kim so that's why he got all 'stay- away-from-the-queen-br- her-fams-kill-our-fams-dont-you-dare-forget-our-revenge-and-your-love-hwajin-who-i-love-btw'

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I dislike the concubine since begining, sorry. When she suddenly came to the Great Queen Dowager, she thought she saved the King, but honestly she just wanted to show off how big The King loved her. The king already said that he would handle all, the Concubine just stayed silent and waited...

She started with the lie so she completely realized that actually she didn't deserve to getting the King's love. Yeah you know the feeling live in lie like you walk in thick ice.

But I could understand the Queen's cousin. But still I not agree he's so not respect the king.

About consummate night in Joseon

Spoiler

As I remember, in Joseon drama, they showed in full dress in morning. Suddenly I remember drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" They just showed IU & Lee Joon Gi kissed then next both of them changed their dress. Nah later we knew that IU got pregnant.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1