[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I think based on episode 7

Spoiler

SY is probs endgame based on this Mr Queen regaining some of SY feelings/skills which to me means SY is fighting to regain control of the body? Also the flashback is already starting to hint with that.. they got history blah blah. 

If this is how they make Mr Queen fall for the king im not a huge fan of it honestlly. It would be a big cop out if the souls basically merge and thats how Mr Queen falls for the King. 

I would rather SY just be fully the endgame over what ever this is. 

• Like 3

that cousin of hers is really getting my nerves. i ship him with king's bro prince Yeongpyeong because they're both annoying as hell

all joking aside. all hail to the writernim who can make all viewers confused about where the end of this pair will be. being bold and follow the c-drama, or novel, or make their own path. whatever it is, i support the queen. i mean, you can shine by yourself, mama!!!! #girlpower

eh

#chefpower #sobongpower

anyway, this is my first time posting in this thread. my name is annar. nice e-meet you guys.

aaand, anyway notice when sobong woke up in her own house, we didn't hear chef's voice?

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Okay... Yeah topless king. Wkwkwkwkwk...

About preview ep 8

Hide contents

But I think about little king and little queen already met and actually the one who help the little king was the little queen, that's true... They talked about "secret" in the end... And they showed the well...

I giggled like a teenager when he started to take off his robes and oh my mama that shoulder :shaq: can i hire those broad shoulders to lean on

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

New comer to this thread.  I really wanted to wait until atleast 10 episodes - mid way to finish airing but cannot as i love all the three leads.   thats the end of my patience.  OMG,  its so hilarious and a real stress-buster this show.  The VO of CJH, omo!!!! its awesome.  The modulations he gives as VO is excellent apart from the expressions given by SHS.  KJH is very good and their chemistry is super good to watch.  I have yet to see the BTS videos but from the looks of it, it seems great.  Tonite's episode also looked awesome.   I dont like 2 characters, one - the cousin brother of the FL and second- the elder brother of the ML.  He keeps on misleading the king to consider the queen his enemy and i think he has a one-sided crush on that new concubine.   Hope the ratings increase and more viewers catch up to this entertaining show.  fighitng!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Jumping in to say

I DO NOT LIKE THE CONCUBINE

I think the story as it goes about a soul swap set during these times would already indicate that this drama is not going to be fully following history.

I suppose that because the story is based on actual historical characters, there would be a big uproar.

However I am not watching Yi San or Jumong but rather a fantastical spin on history.

I had the laugh aloud moments and the whiplash between modern references (the songs!, the twerk!) and classic Joseon speak and mannerisms.

I especially love Lady Choi going into the bamboo forest and give her own rendition of a pansori.... LOL. And she found the perfect cure for her stress (Hehe. The precious item from Ming)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Jumping in to say

I think the story as it goes about a soul swap set during these times would already indicate that this drama is not going to be fully following history.

I suppose that because the story is based on actual historical characters, there would be a big uproar.

However I am not watching Yi San or Jumong but rather a fantastical spin on history.

I had the laugh aloud moments and the whiplash between modern references (the songs!, the twerk!) and classic Joseon speak and mannerisms.

I especially love Lady Choi going into the bamboo forest and give her own rendition of a pansori.... LOL. And she found the perfect cure for her stress (Hehe. The precious item from Ming)

They will fake death to kill king in line with history and yet not kill them

That is the only logical ending. And this whole current chagrin of baby queen saving baby king is setting groundwork for it. They will survive and live happily somewhere (as chinese ending)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This drama almost reach the half of it full 20 episodes yet the romance is still kind of one-sided love from the our king although thankfully, we will see the sign of our queen is also fallin too clearly after this.

Maybe the reason of the slow development is because of this:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Just hope it won't be until episode 15 for us to see a sweet kiss between our royal couple LOL

@Kaizen68

Rise Your Majesty!

credit to the owner

Yes Queen!

credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Eagerly waiting for the subtitles. Thank you all for constantly posting gifs, tweets, videos. It makes  the wait less agonizing. One thing I would like to point out is the intensity and the sincerity in the eyes of the King. His eyes are sometimes like a placid lake and then within seconds they turn into smoldering embers. I find it extremely mesmerizing to watch KJH and the subtle change in his expressions.

He was genuinely concerned about Mr. Queen when he heard the news. I don't know what he said but his eyes and expressions seemed to prove his earnestly. 

Also, one of the tweets showed the two leads covered in charcoal. What exactly does it imply? Sorry for being so bird-brained.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

Also, one of the tweets showed the two leads covered in charcoal. What exactly does it imply? Sorry for being so bird-brained.

I post it here for joke LOL

The one where king covered with charcoal is when he was still a commoner. At that time he chatting with his friends while chopping wood.

The one where queen covered with charcoal is when she wait for her food to get cook in her newly build kind of oven.

This is first time I'm really annoyed with second male lead more than second female lead in a Korean romance drama LOL

The queen's cousin kind of "I know it all" behavior is so ughh:unamused:

credit to the owner

So sweet:wub:

credit to the owner

I really pity the king in this episode. He had to fight against those corrupt people and his wife is not well. 

I hope So Bong will realize her feeling for him quickly so after that she can become his ally and backup:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 10
  • Blob 2

12 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

should we be thankful for man take oxygen out or not - the abs is temptation :lol:

Indeed, what en episode! Both wifey and hubby showed us their abs :lol: 

Wifey showed us the chest muscles. 

dfNkL44.gif

While hubby showed us his back muscles.

Sc2nm0h.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

When he hear about his wife's news, suddenly his body got possessed by a cheetah.

credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun definitely nailed the expression!

I can feel our king desperation:bawling:

credit to the owner

I like our king costumes for the next episode.

He looks dashing until the queen herself is shaking even when she's pretend she is not:tongue:

credit to the owner

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Jumping in to say

Its not based on history and is not following history btw it says so at the start of the drama. 

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

They will fake death to kill king in line with history and yet not kill them

That is the only logical ending. And this whole current chagrin of baby queen saving baby king is setting groundwork for it. They will survive and live happily somewhere (as chinese ending)

Spoiler

Apart from the fact the real queen didnt comeback and was the Mr Queen and King in that ending. 

1 hour ago, confusedheart326 said:

Eagerly waiting for the subtitles. Thank you all for constantly posting gifs, tweets, videos. It makes  the wait less agonizing. One thing I would like to point out is the intensity and the sincerity in the eyes of the King. His eyes are sometimes like a placid lake and then within seconds they turn into smoldering embers. I find it extremely mesmerizing to watch KJH and the subtle change in his expressions.

He was genuinely concerned about Mr. Queen when he heard the news. I don't know what he said but his eyes and expressions seemed to prove his earnestly. 

After watching KJH in a few dramas I think he has the best eye and facial expressions I have seen honestly. 

Yeo Jin Goo is someone else whose eyes and facial expressions impress me. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

hi yall, just wanted to share sth interesting i noticed rewatching ep 5 (yes i'm already rewatching eps because i'm pathetic for mr queen ok). 

so before so bong headed to the lake in attempt to return to his body, bong hwan was narrating about the archilles heel story. he says something along the lines of "we might not need each other if we did not have weaknesses. we are each other's weaknesses, dragging each other into misery". then soyong takes over the narration, saying "but we also make up for each other's weakness, and save each other".

my interpretation of this is that it's a hint at a potential collab between soyong and bong hwan to help each other get out of each other's sticky situations which they are facing in both their lives? idk if this would mean like maybe 1 ep or even just a few scenes of soyong's wit being a saving grace for bong hwan (although he's currently paralysed atm there isn't many leads as to how his story is going to work out), and i'm hoping soyong and bong hwan will somehow tap into each other's strengths and help the king and themselves gain their power back:)

anyway just wanted to share it cos i thought it was an interesting scene! may just be overthinking but didn't notice the possible implications of it before xD

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

So, my annoyed level with the queen's cousin raised to the double amount today.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO SOMEONE WIFE WHILE SHE'S UNCONSCIOUS, DUDE?!:scream:

credit to the owner

LOOL and So Bong pissed off reaction:lol:

credit to the owner

I'm glad there are people that appreciate Kim Jung Hyun acting skill here even though his character started off as a powerless king:bawling:

Yes, I'm rooting for him since episode 1 too.

Show them who you are, Your Majesty!

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, poopytubby said:

hi yall, just wanted to share sth interesting i noticed rewatching ep 5 (yes i'm already rewatching eps because i'm pathetic for mr queen ok). 

so before so bong headed to the lake in attempt to return to his body, bong hwan was narrating about the archilles heel story. he says something along the lines of "we might not need each other if we did not have weaknesses. we are each other's weaknesses, dragging each other into misery". then soyong takes over the narration, saying "but we also make up for each other's weakness, and save each other".

my interpretation of this is that it's a hint at a potential collab between soyong and bong hwan to help each other get out of each other's sticky situations which they are facing in both their lives? idk if this would mean like maybe 1 ep or even just a few scenes of soyong's wit being a saving grace for bong hwan (although he's currently paralysed atm there isn't many leads as to how his story is going to work out), and i'm hoping soyong and bong hwan will somehow tap into each other's strengths and help the king and themselves gain their power back:)

anyway just wanted to share it cos i thought it was an interesting scene! may just be overthinking but didn't notice the possible implications of it before xD

Interesting theory but I sort of dont want bong hwan to ever return to his body I hope it goes the Chinese route but what you said seems like a likely route. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The cousin and the king’s brother are getting on my nerves. 

Both are hella creepy. One is trying to kiss an unconscious married woman who’s also the queen of the nation.  

The other is trying to push his brother to sleep with a woman he’s also in love with. He’s sick.

——-

I always had an impression people considered Kim Jung Hyun as an excellent actor, didn’t they? It’s not like he’s suddenly showing his talent while he was bad in his past dramas? I know he took a break due to some of his personal issues but I always thought he was a great actor.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

There is an interesting theory /rumor in DC Gall. About the book in episode 7. As you can see, little Soyong is hugging a book and it's the same as what HJ kept. The book is wet and HJ said she has a secret (in the preview). So the book maybe was there when SY helping CJ, who was trapped in the well. But HJ wrote her name on it. 

• Like 9
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, aisling said:

——-

I always had an impression people considered Kim Jung Hyun as an excellent actor, didn’t they? It’s not like he’s suddenly showing his talent while he was bad in his past dramas? I know he took a break due to some of his personal issues but I always thought he was a great actor.

He's always been a fantastic actor. He was lead of many dramas and SL to the latest CLOY. I love him in Wakiki. It's freshing to see a young actor, good looking, has a face to go the 'serious actor' road ended up with comedy. 'Cause once someone stick with comedy it will be hard to see them in a new light (serious roles), especially when they're doing too good with comedy. Kind of lame but it's hard to shake off the comedic moments and not easy to take them seriously, Lee Kwang Soo is an example. 

But he's doing so good so far. He blends and balances things well. I've always been his fan. Hope he will get farther in the future. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Kaizen68 said:

There is an interesting theory and rumor in DC Gall. About the book in episode 7. As you can see, little Soyong is hugging a book and it's the same as what HJ kept. The book is wet and HJ said she has a secret (in the preview). So the book maybe was there when SY helping CJ, who was trapped in the well. But HJ wrote her name on it. 

The question is if So Yong knew she was the one saving Cheoljong, why didn’t she tell him? Why she let him think it was HJ?

• Like 4
  • Blob 2