[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Spoiler

Somehow I don't think he would have kissed her if he didn't already feel something for her.

We saw how much he despised her at the very beginning. So much so that he couldn't even bear to be near her.

I think her 'vegetative state' had scared him and made him realise he sees her differently now.

Just my thoughts.

P.S. TVN, where is this BTS? :luvarrow:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Hmm.. could it be....

Hide contents

So Yong came back into her body for that critical 'first night'? LOL

And Bong Hwan seriously has no memory.

It would be funny in a way since the body actually belongs to So Yong.

It would also be a tricky issue of consent.

Bong Hwan was not willing to go all the way and yet it happened.

Seems SoBong is still not totally awake and not yet fully sober. SoBong might feel like he/she was still in a dream.

It  could also be  that when CheolJong kissed SoBong, it awakens the true emotions SoYong and overtakes BongHwan at that time.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

The end scene shocked me so much! I was NOT expecting it at all, but it was so heart fluttering! ❤️

Spoiler

The preview makes it seem like they had their first night, but Cheoljong is probably lying. Rather, it looks like he was searching the room for that secret book the whole night. He was pretty sober, so I’m sure he wouldn’t have taken advantage of Sobong while she was drunk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, uglypearl said:

Seems SoBong is still not totally awake and not yet fully sober. SoBong might feel like he/she was still in a dream.

It  could also be  that when CheolJong kissed SoBong, it awakens the true emotions SoYong and overtakes BongHwan at that time.

I think they’ll just be laying next to each other. Though maybe he would tease her when they wake up. I don’t think Cheoljong would take that next step giving the queen wasn’t totally sober (and he is a gentleman in this matter) and he’s battling his own feelings.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, aisling said:

I think they’ll just be laying next to each other. Though maybe he would tease her when they wake up. I don’t think Cheoljong would take that next step giving the queen wasn’t totally sober (and he is a gentleman in this matter) and he’s battling his own feelings.

I also think they would go to this route more unlike the previous version. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:
Spoiler

The preview makes it seem like they had their first night, but Cheoljong is probably lying. Rather, it looks like he was searching the room for that secret book the whole night. He was pretty sober, so I’m sure he wouldn’t have taken advantage of Sobong while she was drunk.

good point!

Spoiler

i feel like the way he said it was in his /fake cheoljong/ voice and idk i just find it kinda fishy. i didn't think of it being a cover but your theory sounds really plausible. @Dramanoona also talked about the issue of consent, it really wont be cool if the king went ahead and did the do when sobong wasn't ready, much less drunk...

there's also the possibility of soyong lurking around i guess, the whole mechanism of this soul exchange is confusing and mysterious lel. hopefully we'll learn more about it next week.

currently still trying to calm down from that surprise kiss, dang...

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Yeah, i agree with everybody here.  I dont think they made love.  He is just teasing her that they did consummate referring to her denial to the first night they spent.  He will not touch her without her consent coz he seem to be a gentleman.  But he is slowly falling for her and i am really looking forward to their lovey dovey scenes.  

Reg. the body swap, i dont want to get into this as it looks to me so complicated after all SHS's VO herself is given to her thoughts last 2 episodes insteadof CJH's.  I am just going to watch what is going to happen and not going into the guess work.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah, i agree with everybody here.  I dont think they made love.  He is just teasing her they did consummate referring to her denial to the first night they spent.  He will not touch her without her consent coz he seem to be a gentleman.  But he is slowly falling for her and i am really looking forward to their lovey dovey scenes.  

Reg. the body swap, i dont want to get into this as it looks to me so complicated after all SHS's VO herself is given to her thoughts last 2 episodes insteadof CJH's.  I am just going to watch what is going to happen and not going into the guess work.  

Well, it’s easy to see why they stopped CJH’s voiceover. They knew the kiss was coming and I think the conservative Koreans would riot if they still used a male voice. They needed to make So Bong feeling attracted to Cheoljong as well. 

I also wonder where the king learned to kiss like that. Probably through his censored books LMAO :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

3 hours ago, rose_1108 said:

I start to unlike him the moment he pushed Court Lady Choi to make way for him barged into Queen room:angry: I was like MAN THAT’S NOT COOL ! Freaking where is you manner. When he tried to kiss The Queen, I was like MAN she is a married woman, at least show some respect she is the Queen. *blasting fire*:Fist1:

#ProtectCourtladychoi

the lady is either going to die of stress or from being pushed around by random men. She should start watching more shirtless men and calm down.#moreshirtlessmenforladychoi

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

That kiss seemed a little too awkward to me, with the queen standing there all stiff. Probably because there is a man inside the queen's body. 

The same when the cousin kissed her,  she was standing still.

Hopefully the next one will be with the two of them participating. (King and queen):)

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

I’m curious, seems like a lot of people hate the concubine. Can someone explain why they hate her? Or do we have someone who likes her here ? I don’t like her but she hasn’t pissed me enough to hate her . I think she’s just losing sense of herself to jealousy and insecurity and abandoning best parts of herself by greed. I don’t think she’s completely despicable, but she went with the lie because she was young and it was advantageous. She became excellent because she was the King’s love and got lost in her love for him that she forgot about what she lied and developed confidence. She was okay in the beginning, her love for her maid was genuine but she is weak , in terms of plotting and surviving  the palace. She thinks she’s smart but all that plotting will only benefit her for the short term . Honestly, if she got along with the Queen,she wouldn’t have so much problems.The Queen wanted to go with her and she has helped her and was nice to her.

First drama where both second leads aren’t likeable.I feel like the secondly love triangle is too unrelated sometimes 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Are we calling So Yong and Bong Hwan Sobong now....?!?!?!?

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy:

Well, I certainly hope we get some hot makeout sessions in the future

GPG spoiler

Spoiler

Like in the original drama :D

It was hot hot hot !

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95212097b8e1650b0974a

And agree with @aisling about why they dropped oppa's voice over. They want to make sure they can sell the romance so that people think Sobong is more female like.

GPG spoiler

Spoiler

In the original one, we heard a male voiceover until the very end, and yet it was easy to get onboard on the romance train. Guess South Korea as a more conservative country, wants to play it safe.

I'm gonna miss oppa's voice @Min2206 @Ameera Ali :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I can't wait for the subs. I will have to wait to see how this played out in episode 9, because imo it would be kind of lame to play with her again as he did in the first episodes. Unless he quickly tells her that nothing happened they move on.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

And agree with others here about why they dropped oppa's voice over. They want to make sure they can sell the romance so that people think Sobong is more female like.

I'm gonna miss oppa's voice @Min2206 @Ameera Ali 

Me too ... but am now loving the King Queen Couple.  Not sure what couple name they are referred to ?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

I’m curious, seems like a lot of people hate the concubine. Can someone explain why they hate her? Or do we have someone who likes her here ? I don’t like her but she hasn’t pissed me enough to hate her . I think she’s just losing sense of herself to jealousy and insecurity and abandoning best parts of herself by greed. I don’t think she’s completely despicable, but she went with the lie because she was young and it was advantageous. She became excellent because she was the King’s love and got lost in her love for him that she forgot about what she lied and developed confidence. She was okay in the beginning, her love for her maid was genuine but she is weak , in terms of plotting and sieving the palace. She thinks she’s smart but all that plotting will only benefit her for the short term . Honestly, if she got along with the Queen,she wouldn’t have so much problems.The Queen wanted to go with her and she has helped her and was nice to her.

Yeah, i agree with all your points above.  But there is a history between her and SB during the childhood days.  And they keep on repeating the scene when SB tried to fall into the lake.  They show her hands go forward. we dont know whether she tried to pull back SB from falling into the lake or push her into the lake.  She is guilty of something.  Before the queen fell into the lake, she cursed her that she also will realize how it will be when you loose someone dear to your heart!!!!  

Also when the queen wanted to be friend with her, she was suspicious of her as there will 0% chance of them becoming friends.  

Her recent actions doesnt seem to look good at all.   And more and more the king is avoiding her and showing his concern towards the queen, she is becoming more and more scheming working with the queen dowager.  

I am curious as to what that book is about which she hid from the young SB.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

24 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

I’m curious, seems like a lot of people hate the concubine. Can someone explain why they hate her? Or do we have someone who likes her here ? I don’t like her but she hasn’t pissed me enough to hate her . I think she’s just losing sense of herself to jealousy and insecurity and abandoning best parts of herself by greed. I don’t think she’s completely despicable, but she went with the lie because she was young and it was advantageous. She became excellent because she was the King’s love and got lost in her love for him that she forgot about what she lied and developed confidence. She was okay in the beginning, her love for her maid was genuine but she is weak , in terms of plotting and surviving  the palace. She thinks she’s smart but all that plotting will only benefit her for the short term . Honestly, if she got along with the Queen,she wouldn’t have so much problems.The Queen wanted to go with her and she has helped her and was nice to her.

First drama where both second leads aren’t likeable.I feel like the secondly love triangle is too unrelated sometimes 

i don't exactly hate her either tbh. i find her super suspicious and kinda selfish but at the same time i think it's kinda sad. she obviously does love cheoljong a lot and is willing to die for him, but her love is selfish and possessive. but anyway the hate she gets is probably because she's going directly against the female lead (a super likeable character) and has been pretty suspicious since day 1 which makes it even harder to trust her and this overshadows any semblance of merit lel. it's bad when she's being kind but you can't help but think if she has an ulterior motive for doing anything.

side note, i live for that love triangle. it's amazing. spectacular. HAHA 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

So I have watched episode 7 with subtitles and I still think that So Yong is gone. There was no sign of her when Bong Hwan's soul was bouncing between two bodies. As for memories it's not the first time when Bong Hwan was able to access So Yong's memories. But, you guys were right that there is no narration from Choi Jin Hyuk for now. Anyway, I really don't want them to go Oh My Ghost' s route. Because it's not right. It's not like you fall for one person and then you can immediately switch to another person just like that. Right, So Yong  saved the King in the past but in the present The King is falling for So Bong not So Yong. It's his peculiar behavior attracts him not So Yong's. And I am not saying that So Yong wasn't interesting and complex character but now we as viewers interact with So Bong not So Yong. And I feel emotionally connected with So Bong's character not So Yong's. Anyway, maybe I am overreacting here haha Can anybody help me understand something? The late king, Cheoljong's father was Queen Dowager's (the one who is into shamanism) husband or son? Because I am a little bit confused here. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1