[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, aisling said:

I know a lot of people don’t care about the original So Yong but my heart broke for her in the last episode when Cheoljong returned the book to So Bong. I still believe So Yong and Bong Hwan are the same soul but it should have been So Yong hearing the apology.

Not only Cheoljong didn’t recognise her as his saviour, but he also held prejudicial attitude against her, misunderstood her, and never tried to get to know real her. On top of that he repeatedly humiliated her by openly showing affection for another woman, so the whole palace would gossip about it. 

Somehow thinking about this makes me angry on behalf of So Yong. She tried to protect Cheoljong but he never understood that. Seeing it from So Yong’s perspective I’m glad So Bong rejected him at a lake and made him uncertain about her feelings towards him. He needs to try a little bit longer to win her heart.

No, I do care about So Yong, like a lot.. But since this is only a drama and the story telling is quite amusing and comical, so I forgive and just enjoy whatever they have thrown so far. 

for CJ humiliated SY in public, I thought at first CJ actually wanted to help SY, but SY was giving a clue for him to go away and not wanting him near her. *of course CJ should have choosen the queen no matter what, just to safe queen’s face. But then again, SY was the upper handed with his family and clan power, while HJ (and CJ included) was a pityful one with less power and being bullied by the queen’s clan. 

so if we can also see from CJ point of view, his reaction was acceptable, he wanted to let queen dowager know that he disliked the situation, he could not say much, so picking up HJ was the only thing he could do. *sorry I am not good on uttering my opinion.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, aisling said:

Am I the only one who was bothered by what Cheoljong said? Did he truly love Hwa Jin before, or did he say that for her benefit?

Even before he fell for So Bong he never behaved like someone who was really in love, it always felt more like the gratitude to me. If he truly loved Hwa Jin, how did he become so distant from her in span of few weeks? He stopped wanting to touch her or even talked to her. That couldn’t have been true love...

Cheoljong is surely a better man than most. I thought he would get really mad at her because of the well incident and the ledger but he blamed himself for her actions?! 

I think Cheoljong really believed that he loved Hwa Jin. Not even he realized that, in reality, what he felt for her was just gratitude that she supposedly saved him from the well.

Cheoljong is a very responsible person. He had made promises of love to her. He also married her and now she is stuck with him for the rest of her life. So, even though he doesn't love her as he loves Soyong, he still has responsibilities to her and tried to keep their relationship on good terms.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9

Here are three scenes that tickled me for stated reasons. 

spacer.png

Credit: Mr Queen, TVN

Boy oh boy, can our SB really lie with her eyes wide open!

spacer.png

Modesty certainly was never her strong point and uri Cheol-Jongie will truly accept her for all her flaws! (Our King's reaction just after she said "Everything looks good with a pretty face. So anything looks good on me!")

Spoiler

spacer.png

I wonder how many takes it took for SHS to slide down into that pose from an upright position into that sitting posture so smoothly - Hats off to her!

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I was sad because Cheoljong did not try the food that Soyong prepared. So far we haven't seen him admired for her cooking skills.

Regarding pregnancy, there is a scene in the Chinese drama that I think is so beautiful and I wish there was something similar about Mr. Queen. This is it:

Spoiler

Does anyone have news of the spinoff?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Mila said:

I think Cheoljong really believed that he loved Hwa Jin. Not even he realized that, in reality, what he felt for her was just gratitude that she supposedly saved him from the well.

Cheoljong is a very responsible person. He had made promises of love to her. He also married her and now she is stuck with him for the rest of her life. So, even though he doesn't love her as he loves Soyong, he still has responsibilities to her and tried to keep their relationship on good terms.

I’m such a sucker for “there’s only one true love” trope, so I was bothered by his words when he said he had loved Hwa Jin. But reading your post makes me feel a bit better. I forgot about the part that she’ll be stuck with him forever even though he doesn’t love her anymore. He was probably trying to make her feel better.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Mila said:

Does anyone have news of the spinoff?

Maybe this.

credit to the owner

Spoiler

Feb 14 2021 is the final episode of Mr Queen.

So that day is also when the spinoff will start?

credit to the owner

Poor Bong Hwan LOL

credit to the owner

Cheol Jong journey on how he become a whipped husband for So Bong:lol:

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

I noticed nobody talks about Han's ancestor being castrated. I think we should focus on the cause not the outcome. Han's ancestor doesn't need to be direct from this man line, as long as this man has brothers or already have a son. SB putting Han's ancestor at risk hence the harted and resentment in the modern time. It's like a pandora box. If SB didn't make him an eunuch maybe the modern SB didn't have to go through all the hardship to survive. Only then there would be a reason for Han to go after SB. Just my 2 cents. 

I think this is a closed circle. SB is SY' reincarnation. And SB will always have to go back to the past, to do whatever it has to be done, for Han to chase after him, only then to go back in time and repeat the history again.  

My theory is when SB in the past died of natural cause/or foul play, whatever it is, she will be born as a boy and living this life until when he become a chef and meet up with Han, only for the circle to begin once again.  

Edit: typo

Edited by G L
  • Like 6

I dunno what in my thought actually about the king forgave the Royal Concubine. I hate it because the king blamed himself for Royal Concubine's decision to become bad. Why he did that? Did he really love that Royal Concubine? Was she really his first love? Or the first love was The Queen? Or the Royal Concubine was his first love, so he should forgave her and move on to his new love, The Queen?

Hhhhmmmmm.... So complicated in my mind know.

In Chinese version, The Emperor also loved the Concubine. But later he said to The Empress that he realized that he cared her because others bullied her, so he pitied her. And the concubine also always acted as victim.

Nah that's why in this dramas, when The Queen mentioned about the Royal Concubine always played as victim and that made her became monster, I thought the King would said and realized that his feeling towards Royal Concubine wasn't love but pity.

I ever read here too about BI would kill GQD. I also had that feeling because GQD asked for SB's head, and no matter how much SY hurt him, I believe BI never able to do that. The one who he hated was The King, not SY. Same like in Chinese version, when the 9th Prince finally did betrayal, he did that because he wanted to kill the Emperor, even though he knew that the Empress had betrayed him.

Excited for next week for the pregnancy news. Curious why the QD wanted to make rumour about they never had night together. Did she want others doubt about the Royal Baby?

In the Chinese version, the Queen's family faked The Queen's pregnancy because they heard that the concubine's pregnancy. But actually the concubine's pregnancy was the concubine's way to keep The Emperor beside her. But later, they knew that the concubine's pregnancy was faked, and the queen's pregnancy was the real one. That's The webdrama version.

In the novel version, the Emperor faked about the Concubine's pregnancy to check the ministries' reaction and to protect the Queen.

Nah for this one, I still try to think why they made that rumour about the Queen.

About Donghak and the book, really curious why that code was there? The book just came back to SY. And what would BI do about that? I'm so nervous for that.

Oh I also have question about BI's friend. What he meant about his family? What happened with his family? And why he still agreed to follow and work with BI? Why BI said that he's different from his father?

Suddenly I remember about Damhyang's father that became thief. I have the feeling that this group of thieves would help The Queen and The King later, because of Damhyang.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I know a lot of people don’t care about the original So Yong but my heart broke for her in the last episode when Cheoljong returned the book to So Bong. I still believe So Yong and Bong Hwan are the same soul but it should have been So Yong hearing the apology.

Not only Cheoljong didn’t recognise her as his saviour, but he also held prejudicial attitude against her, misunderstood her, and never tried to get to know real her. On top of that he repeatedly humiliated her by openly showing affection for another woman, so the whole palace would gossip about it. 

Somehow thinking about this makes me angry on behalf of So Yong. She tried to protect Cheoljong but he never understood that. Seeing it from So Yong’s perspective I’m glad So Bong rejected him at a lake and made him uncertain about her feelings towards him. He needs to try a little bit longer to win her heart.

!!Beware of grammatical errors, I'm still struggling with English:))!!

Yeah, I still cannot find the reason why Soyong deserves this kind of punishment(?) Alright, she tried to kill herself but what I saw in her is desperation, and we can't really blame her alone for that. I remember in the drama StartUp, the writer did Jipyung's character so dirty, and I really don't want that to happen to our Soyong. I mean did the writer really kill Soyong's soul jUst LiKe tHAt??? 

But well I do found something in the OST Here I Am, the lyrics really seems like from Soyong's POV.

Trembling in this frozen time
I’ve stopped walking on this exhausting night

Sending my longing along with the wind
I’m lost looking for you

Where are you
Where are you my dear?

Here I am, here I am
Always at the same place

This is symbolized how that night Soyong walked expressing her longing for CJ, I think "at the same place" here refers to that legendary well, bcz that is where Byeong In found her too, that night.

But after that the lyric goes like this,

Still I am, still I am
I’m waiting for you

Even if the world stops
In this time with no answer

Here I am, here I am

She said "even if the world stops", maybe this phrase symbolized death, yes exactly Soyong's death. She continued, "even if, there is no answer in THIS TIME, still here I am." THIS TIME in this sentence could mean her own life. But why would someone who is already dead, say that she's still there? Do you guys notice something? For me, I think it is because her body still there, and even though she's not the one who controls it anymore, Real Soyong is still waiting for CJ. And maybe it doesn't matter to her, as long as CJ just come, because that is how big her love towards him. OMG, if this wasn't true love then I do not know what it is.

In a nutshell, we need JUSTICE FOR SOYONG!!! Peace!

Edited by zzang phoenix
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, aisling said:

Am I the only one who was bothered by what Cheoljong said? Did he truly love Hwa Jin before, or did he say that for her benefit?

Even before he fell for So Bong he never behaved like someone who was really in love, it always felt more like the gratitude to me. If he truly loved Hwa Jin, how did he become so distant from her in span of few weeks? He stopped wanting to touch her or even talked to her. That couldn’t have been true love...

Cheoljong is surely a better man than most. I thought he would get really mad at her because of the well incident and the ledger but he blamed himself for her actions?! 

I am actually bothered by what Hwa Jin said. Even after she admitted framing the Queen, she still had that victim attitude in each single word. She blamed Cheoljong's affection towards So Bong for her bad actions. I don't buy her arguments here. Why? First, this is a game where each move is her own decision. She chose to betray the King to satisfy her inner insecurity and hatred for So Young. Second, Hwa Jin felt bad when Cheoljong told So Bong about his dreams, not her. It does not implies that Cheoljong does not trust her. Even if Cheoljong did tell her, what she could do might be insignificant. So Bong in contrast knows military stuff. It's more like two men talking about politics and strategies (in fact it is). What I wanna point out here is Hwa Jin is full of excuses. If she keeps trying to mimic So Bong, she is in too deep. Remarks for Hwa Jin: reach So Bong's level first. 

Regarding Cheoljong's reaction, I do think that he liked Hwa Jin. No matter how I dislike Hwa Jin, I have to say that she is beautiful and also behaves decently. Jo Deabi also said that when she first met Hwa Jin. We all know that there is a gap between affection and love. Hwa Jin unfortunately does not have a chance to go through misunderstandings and challenges with Cheoljong like So Bong did, thus the affection is superficial. In my perspective, Cheoljong is not purely a man of love. He has misisons to fulfill. Hence his distance for her is quite understandable, as eliminating the corruption is on top of his priority. I don't have an explanation for him not unboxing Hwa Jin for that long though.  :surprisedwut:

Cheoljong is kind and objective to distinguish his affection Hwa Jin from her lies, yet I wonder how he treats her after knowing she betrayed him with the ledger. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

6 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

can you tell me what are the spin offs about? I have never heard [ till now] of such a thing related to this drama.

After Mr Queen started to be popular the production team decided to film another 6 mini episodes, each lasting 10 minutes. Not sure if they’ll release all episodes at once or gradually. It will establish the backstory for Kim So Yong and Cheoljong, how they met 8 years after the well incident. Basically they’re filming a prequel story because there wasn’t time for it in the main story.

• Like 9

thank you, @cenching, @aisling - I don't know if that helps - it's like rubbing salt into a wound - I don't need to walk backwards [ although it sharpens the senses and mental clarity  :star:] I need more of them from now on, not from the past... did they have more interaction back then? I m afraid not... so what's the point then...oh, well!:sleeping:

it has crossed my mind - that in order to save Cheoljeong - she/he might sacrifice herself when needed - and at that very moment Bong Hwan would wake up. Oh, it doesn't help to think that way ...but both heroines of the C versions that I mentioned before died... I'm so stressed out and it's only Monday...:worried::unamused:

• Like 5

I really like this moment from ep 16. 
spacer.png

So Bong, I think realises here that she really likes him, although she tries to justify by reasoning that saving CJ is saving herself - girl, just how did you come up with that logic when you know the history quite well - plus she went "all-in" knowing fully that CJ was actually on the losing side. I don't know if SB really expects to change history or give hope and confidence to CJ but I love that she's quite decisive about her stand. 

Another thing I really liked was unlike the traditional trope of closing eyes when the partner is waking up - she just continues to stare at him without any inhibition or embarrassment and CJ quickly picks up and makes a move LOL if only this wasn't interrupted :partyblob:
spacer.png 

• Like 10
  • Blob 3