8 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Saw this tweet...

So, Hwajin didn't redeem herself. It was with an ulterior motive that she returned the book.

But the book is in CJ's possession all this time.....HJ didn't return it recently....

• Like 5
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

@Ni Wen God that makes sense ...i don't know why i din't think of that ...I was thinking that maybe CJ was part of the rebellion. he is a king but he knows the common people and the streets ...so I was hoping these uprising groups would be part of his secret plan than no one knows ... or that they would join him later ...I was  sort of blaming prince YP , maybe he told the QD that they didn't  spend the night together or something ...i mean i still think that he might do something very bad to SB for HJ ...i will be very disappointed if it turn out to be BI but you never know....is it confirm that it was HJ ?...i was rooting for her character development ...oh well... 

• Like 2

i think cheoljong's character and charm are grounded in, first and foremost, his responsibility to his people and like it or not, romance was never in the front seat in his agenda (at least in the beginning). it is a fact that he was attracted to hwajin in the beginning as her character is supposed to be this beautiful girl that any guy would fall for. cheoljong never even bothered with soyong due to his initial stereotype that as long as you're a kim, you're the bad guys.

i feel destiny is a big theme with this drama. the king will not be able to fight his destiny to eventually fall in love with the queen and she (sobong/soyong) is really his antifan (guardian angel). we saw the beginning starts with an "error" - king x hwajin, plot develops in such a way to show the corrections that supposed to take place and the lake is kind of like this magical portal or catalyst to facilitate king x soyong as the match made in heaven. to me, when the king saved sobong from the lake, it was the turning point of things starting to go back to its rightful place. no matter how hwajin tries to fight it, king is never meant to be hers. now that things are rolling in the right direction, i think the story can really begin to see how the king x queen fight and hopefully prevail against their enemies.

the king owns the queen big time. she saved him when he was a kid. saved him and his lover, go along with his kiss act to cover his snooping activity, saved him from the well second time, defended him in public, saved his banquet and even become his partner in crime in his life mission. now he even impregnated her. he shunned her in the beginning and even tried to kill her and her father. from this point of view, i can see why byeong-in is angry with the king. intended or not, sobong made many sacrifices for the king and his dreams. i don't feel the king has match up so far because his first "love" is his bigger dream for joseon. of course things will change now since he's a father and having corrected how he views the queen. looks like it's going into the superhero in love conundrum how he's going to balance his bigger goal vs protecting his loved ones. for me, the only way he can make up to the queen is to be powerful enough and go on to live a long life to make queen happy and safe. if he give up his life for the queen/child and achieve nothing while queen/child lives on in misery, it will not do justice to everything that has happened.

on hindsight, I'm angry at the ep 9 kiss scene. the kiss scene is hot, no doubt about it. but when you really think about it, he was just kissing sobong to cover his tracks when he haven't really sort out how he feels about her and even thinks that she likes him. he has no qualms about using her feelings for him to further his agenda. but perhaps the kiss is needed to ignite the spark for him. and then after she saved him from the well, i didn't even see him thanking her other than his first concern that sobong keeps his secret. but i guess sobong is there to facilitate his character growth to be more humane.

on a side note, king's recognition that the queen is the rightful owner of the dongmongseonseup was rather uneventful but i feel touched at SHS's laugh at the end saying "good question." it really felt like two old friends meeting after a long time and it looks like bonghwan's sincere and warm expression.

48 minutes ago, cenching said:

But the book is in CJ's possession all this time.....HJ didn't return it recently....

i don't exactly remember but didn't HJ mentioned something about keeping it cleaner or something if she knew how precious it is to CJ but i also don't recall how the book return from HJ to CJ.

also thought it weird that BI can just enter and retrieve the book from the queen's quarters and he looks like he knows what he's doing when he leaf the pages and rip out the page for investigation?

• Like 6

Yes, even Bong Hwan himself would never thought about this:D

credit to the owner

Should Cheol Jong learn from Dong Gu since he become a father now?

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Jealous Cheol Jong is cute haha

Btw, Kim Hwan is the usual dimwit character in Korean historical drama that doesn't know So Bong is a woman when she wearing the man's outfit and get easily tricked by So Bong that Cheol Jong is not the king of Joseon but her friend name Jong Cheol LOOL

credit to the owner

This metaphor from Lydia1 is totally perfect for Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun great acting skill together as couple in Mr Queen:love:

He can finish any sentence she starts. 

Or you cannot tell where he finished and when she started because of the seamless-ness of their acting.

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@kwayteow_mama

It’s true that CJ’s priority isn’t love but his country. But it’s seems that his love for SB and baby and the knowledge about the future that SB is teaching him will change something in him. Before his concern is how he can be a good king to benefits his people, he had never thought of other options like republic or constitutional monarchy because it is way ahead of his time. 

Regarding the hot kiss in episode 9 it’s true that he did it in order to saves his skin, at the beginning. But as the kiss progressed  (it last for few minutes and even considers one of the longest kiss in Kdramaland..:P) real feelings exploded. The moment BI and Dad step out he can stopped the kiss but NOOOO, he went on and on and on until SB gained her senses and plucked away....:lol: 

I usually quite good in predicting the end game of a drama. This is the first drama that I am totally clueless what will happen next...:ph34r:

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2
3 minutes ago, cenching said:

I usually quite good in predicting the end game of a drama. This is the first drama that I am totally clueless what will happen next...:ph34r:

yeah some dramas can get pretty predictable. i just go with the flow with this one.

• Like 6

Thanks to this drama... I read through the promotion records of the crown princess... mr queen has already deviated ...there were no merging of souls like this one... their souls swapped totally and there was the will to survive at any costs.

so how they will resolve it will be interesting ... one of course is that they are a single soul but in different times... hence allowing the skills of the other to come into play.

they may try to forge a completely new future... ie establish a new Govt/monarchy since CJ was the penultimate king... the next king was even weaker and after that the monarchy was gone I believe....

so they might rewrite history... their child will survive and they will live out their life until bonghwan is born again but with some leftover memory so that the interview at the start is validated.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
41 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Thanks to this drama... I read through the promotion records of the crown princess... mr queen has already deviated ...there were no merging of souls like this one... their souls swapped totally and there was the will to survive at any costs.

so how they will resolve it will be interesting ... one of course is that they are a single soul but in different times... hence allowing the skills of the other to come into play.

they may try to forge a completely new future... ie establish a new Govt/monarchy since CJ was the penultimate king... the next king was even weaker and after that the monarchy was gone I believe....

so they might rewrite history... their child will survive and they will live out their life until bonghwan is born again but with some leftover memory so that the interview at the start is validated.

don't know if this was already posted but very interesting and plausible theories 

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

Guys! It’s here! I finally made a video of Cheoljong being badass and sexy for 2,5 minutes :glasses:

Kim Jung Hyun bringing sexy back

thank you! :love::love: I was just rewatching ep 16 - KJH jawline needs a separate collection as well @enzek whenever he goes for the kiss, his jawline is jawdropping :joy::joy:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

With pregnancy and future royal baby, can JBH goes back to the future? Can JBH bears to part with the baby?? The only back to the past/future drama that I watched that involved baby was Go Back Couple and Jang Nara cries over the baby most of the time and she did back to her life at the end.

Regarding the scribbles in THAT book, I believe it belongs to SY's late mother. Her mother seemed to had different way of thinking than the usual Joseon woman and it won't be surprising if she did involved with DongHak Movement.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, cenching said:

With pregnancy and future royal baby, can JBH goes back to the future? Can JBH bears to part with the baby?? The only back to the past/future drama that I watched that involved baby was Go Back Couple and Jang Nara cries over the baby most of the time and she did back to her life at the end.

Regarding the scribbles in THAT book, I believe it belongs to SY's late mother. Her mother seemed to had different way of thinking than the usual Joseon woman and it won't be surprising if she did involved with DongHak Movement.

will be interesting how they'll resolve it - even though 4 episodes are left - there's a lot of action/twists bound to happen now - hoping they go for the alternate/parallel universe theory where So Bong's action will change history (like how DH's mom got all her fingers) and she might be later reborn as a girl in modern time (like how JBH's mom wanted) 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
4 minutes ago, cenching said:

Ooooppss, Scarlet Heart also got baby yah and she left her baby.....

haven't watched Go Back Couple - so can't comment on that but Scarlet Heart - her personality is WAY different from So Bong plus she was quite depressed towards the end - I don't think it'll be a sad ending that way - So Bong is way too protective of her loved ones - look at the way she reacted when DH was in danger plus So Bong has a lot of power being the queen (which the lead female in Scarlet Heart didn't have) - don't worry about this aspect :) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

I was just rewatching ep 16 - KJH jawline needs a separate collection as well @enzek whenever he goes for the kiss, his jawline is jawdropping 

Yes, his jawline is truly sexy!

How could the queen resisted herself from grabbing and kissing him senseless in this week episodes?

Or should I said all of this was the screenwriter fault:triumph:

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

I love this fmv:wub:

credit to the owner

Our king vs special director Hong

credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

from " i don't think the queen as a woman" to the jealous scene of 'lee saeng man' friend, to the a bit sulking scene when the queen  replied " i don't feel lonely at all at this palace " ( since the king and queen rarely sleep together, the king hope the queen will answer i feel lonely without you around maybe) - luckily the queen saw the change of the king face and said " i am not lonely since there is a guy who wrote a dictionary about me"

haha cheoljong, cheoljong.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

Episode 15-16 BTS with English Subs.

Kim Jung Hyun is probably a method actor,

look at him crying when So Bong told him his incompetence was a sin. He was not supposed to cry but as he was immersed in his character, those words must’ve hurt him.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2
6 minutes ago, aisling said:

Episode 15-16 BTS with English Subs.

Kim Jung Hyun is probably a method actor,

look at him crying when So Bong told him his incompetence was a sin. He was not supposed to cry but as he was immersed in his character, those words must’ve hurt him.

thanks for the subs! 
definitely that and I think SHS is quite fierce in such scenes - she doesn't hold back - like grabbing his robes - it was quite forceful - no wonder everyone now is scared of her (the Kim clan and all) :joy:

16 minutes ago, enzek said:

Yes, his jawline is truly sexy!

How could the queen resisted herself from grabbing and kissing him senseless in this week episodes?

Or should I said all of this was the screenwriter fault:triumph:

the only answer I could come up for that was - So Bong is probably more decent than us :joy: plus she's now fully involved in managing the palace - she keeps running around so often and doing so many things - maybe she does all of those things to keep dirty thoughts at bay :joy: 
the screenwriter can redeem themselves - I hear pregnancy hormones are quite strong - I wouldn't be surprised if So Bong randomly grabs CJ and starts making out senseless 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후