[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

SoBong is educating CheolJong about the future and touched the subject of constitutional monarchy with Kingdom of Bhutan as example. I think CheolJong will have an idea about how to saves his loved ones especially he is about to have a baby from all the political mumbo jumbos.... Faked death seems to be the route.

In the history, real CheolJong died young. Maybe the show will incorporate the real and the fiction for the ending.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kwayteow_mama said:

i saw a (blurry) photo of choi court lady holding a blue bundle beside the queen somewhere in twitter. baby looks very much alive there but who knows?

from romantic justice partner-in-crime to protecting their lovechild now, i'm excited to see how the dynamic changes.. 

still betting on alternative universe, byeong-in redemption (please? 

I was going through twitter and saw this .... I can do this to Byeong In all week - :D:D  HIS FACIAL EXPRESSON  ... till the next episode

1 hour ago, cenching said:

SoBong is educating CheolJong about the future and touched the subject of constitutional monarchy with Kingdom of Bhutan as example. I think CheolJong will have an idea about how to saves his loved ones especially he is about to have a baby from all the political mumbo jumbos.... Faked death seems to be the route.

ooh @cenching  me just about the scene where So Bong eating ramyeon in front of the King and she was talking about future, Republic of Korea and democratic way of choosing the King  

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I do enjoy creative spin on real characters. If they can somehow align their creative plot to align with the major events of real history and the story made sense, that would be a great story in my books. Throw in some science fiction like wormhole, parallel universe? :heart2beat:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, cenching said:

In the history, real CheolJong died young. Maybe the show will incorporate the real and the fiction for the ending.

i hope they do, just like scarlet heart when haesoo practically changed gwangjong's image in the future because of her actions

sobong's decision to make (possibly) mr.han's ancestor to become eunuch remind me of grandfather paradox.

anyway,i read somewhere that the child of cheoljong only have 6 months life span. i hope they will not include this plot in the drama because i can't watch the baby die after all the happiness:tears:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Btw, BI is preparing for the coup to dethrone CJ. 

It will be happening soon.

He's the minister of War, off course he got skillful soldiers whom he can use to do the coup.

While our CJ, I wonder whether he already recruited the special forces, and like how many he got compare to soldiers who have been long time trained.

It seems unlikely for CJ to win the battle against BI.

Strategically speaking, based on what we saw, BI is already well prepared.

Not to mention that both of clans support him as well,

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210201T064748Z

But I'm still hoping with the good surprise, plot twists, from the writers-nim.

Maybe they can not resist the fate for Kim clan to win.

But maybe at least make SB and CJ become commoners and open the Gukbap resto? hehehehe

*still hoping!

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Mila said:

I think Byong In and his gang are going to use that book he found in Sobong's room to accuse the king of allying himself with Donghak's believers.
Perhaps, they will also try to use those things that Sobong has been teaching the king. Unfortunately they ended up writing some things and carelessly left it in the room so that it is easy for someone to find ... If the great widowed queen spoke about these teachings, surely they will try to use it in some way to try to overthrow the king ...

I hate how easily people can enter the Queen's room. Where is the privacy, manner and respect? It's the Queen's residence and no one reports to the Queen that such & such has enter her room? The Grand Dowager & Byeong In will used the writing to overthrow the King since they're desperate - Byeong In's jealousy and Grand Dowager's greed of the throne.

I love Cheoljong. He sees & understands other's side of the story. He blames himself for being a reason for HJ's selfishness and betrayal. He knows his head eunuch has reporting him to the Dowager but forgave him bc of order. Both of them are lucky. 

Also, what happen to the maid who reports to Dowagers and Kim Jwa Geun? Did she left the palace after Prince Youngpyeong confronted her? 

• Like 14

Think of.. why JBH transfered SB's body. I think Jang Bong Hwan such a player aka playboy in begining of the story. Then this moment he trasfered to Queen's body, so when he in her body, must felt all woman feeling. Start with mens, pregnancy, until giving birth later. So, he'll more respect towards woman. 

No mater what kind ending for this couple. It must be no Andong Kim clan again. It must be failure of Kim Byeon In if he still in Great Queen Dowager side.

Just a little bit confuse why CJ only focus against Great Queen Dowager and her clan, although Queen Dowager also silently against CJ. Maybe I miss a clue when CJ also against Queen Dowager. It's only when he said to HJ if Queen Dowager not good to her.

• Like 6

Here is a possible ending that might satisfy everyone, that would take the original PRC elements but add a Back to the Future twist.

Because of the SoBong's actions, the future is being altered, eg, castrating Han so that he doesn't have children, doing what Sobong's mother had wanted her to do. The changes result in the fact that the altered future, Jang Bong Hwan was NOT born a male, but instead, as his mother had wanted, JBH was born a female.

In the Joseon dynasty, Cheoljong dies while saving Sobong, or gets killed by assassins (like a few of the PRC versions). SoBong gets transported back to the future, but this time, into her/his altered self, who is female. And Cheoljong is reincarnated as the constitutional monarch of Korea (because due to his actions, Japan doesn't attack Joseon, and Korea is a constitutional monarchy etc etc), and there, they meet again in the Blue House, where SoBong is cooking for him.

BTW, in real history, Cheoljong's son/heir does become King of the Korean Empire.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, Rae said:

I haven't watched many historical drama

Writer is always trolling us 

The little maid doesn't die, she saved by the king

The father doesn't die, he got mad and fainted

Even Hwa Jin, Got no punishment for ruin the King's plan

King wanted to win the Queen's heart and it was  like they  were  dating for last two months. 

HJ's greatest punishment is losing the king's favour and fully knowing that she can never compete with So Bong :partyblob:

I later realised, the King probably was afraid of pushing So Bong since he was in the fault for a lot of their past. He probably was giving her enough space to recover from the heartache he caused while trying to be good friends and learning from her. It's good that love, respect and understanding are of greater importance although I would have appreciated more cozy moments :joy:

My predictions for upcoming episodes 

Spoiler

I think similar to the cdrama version, the king would personally go to quell the uprising, and maybe get shot and is saved by the bulletproof vest - So Bong meanwhile realises her love and chases him to confess it or she willingly goes with him to help him out and they have a mutual confession scene 

I really like how they manage to weave comedy and heavy politics seamlessly in every episode - which is giving me some confidence that it would be the same towards the end as well 

I'm just a tad bit worried about two things - the king's initial promise to his brother that should the queen betray him - he would kill her and then his promise to So Bong that he would never misunderstand her ever again - but given that CJ thus far has proved himself to be unprejudiced and unbiased, I hope his relationship with the queen doesn't turn bad/angsty (they faced enough of it already!)

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Here is a possible ending that might satisfy everyone, that would take the original PRC elements but add a Back to the Future twist.

Because of the SoBong's actions, the future is being altered, eg, castrating Han so that he doesn't have children, doing what Sobong's mother had wanted her to do. The changes result in the fact that the altered future, Jang Bong Hwan was NOT born a male, but instead, as his mother had wanted, JBH was born a female.

In the Joseon dynasty, Cheoljong dies while saving Sobong, or gets killed by assassins (like a few of the PRC versions). SoBong gets transported back to the future, but this time, into her/his altered self, who is female. And Cheoljong is reincarnated as the constitutional monarch of Korea (because due to his actions, Japan doesn't attack Joseon, and Korea is a constitutional monarchy etc etc), and there, they meet again in the Blue House, where SoBong is cooking for him.

BTW, in real history, Cheoljong's son does become King of the Korean Empire.

this sounds plausible - it ties up all the open ends - only thing is law of unintended consequences - hopefully nothing super bad happens with SB changing history - given that this is a fictional story - I'm all up for this! (I want to see SHS and KJH together in modern times!) Although, it would be fun to see CJH paired with KJH - don't think they'll stretch it that far 

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

I know a lot of people don’t care about the original So Yong but my heart broke for her in the last episode when Cheoljong returned the book to So Bong. I still believe So Yong and Bong Hwan are the same soul but it should have been So Yong hearing the apology.

Not only Cheoljong didn’t recognise her as his saviour, but he also held prejudicial attitude against her, misunderstood her, and never tried to get to know real her. On top of that he repeatedly humiliated her by openly showing affection for another woman, so the whole palace would gossip about it. 

Somehow thinking about this makes me angry on behalf of So Yong. She tried to protect Cheoljong but he never understood that. Seeing it from So Yong’s perspective I’m glad So Bong rejected him at a lake and made him uncertain about her feelings towards him. He needs to try a little bit longer to win her heart.

• Like 11
  • Blob 1

I have been growing anxious from ep to ep  - I haven't seen the Scarlet Heart - and I don't think I will - however I saw the Chinese version of Mr Queen and the one of Scarlet Heart - and I must say the ending wasn't great for both dramas;

the last ep of Mr Queen - left me worried - at some point she/he thinks that she/he might change history - that is not going to happen - I mean the Japanese invasion and the latter stuff --- what saddens me the most is the history itself - they did stay together, help each other, but they didn't have children  - I was so upset on reading that :sleepy::persevere:

https://www.nongmin.com/plan/PLN/SRS/321603/view

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/조선_철종#/media/파일:A_portrait_of_Cheoljong.jpg

I couldn't find any portrait of the queen.

Finally if the ending in the past will disappoint me, I hope that in the present I will get to see the descendants of these two enjoying the life that their ancestors didn't get to live.

I don't know why I am so pessimistic today, maybe because it's going to end soon...I don't want an open ending -  I need closure, it's not that much to ask for. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Mila said:

I think Byong In and his gang are going to use that book he found in Sobong's room to accuse the king of allying himself with Donghak's believers.
Perhaps, they will also try to use those things that Sobong has been teaching the king. Unfortunately they ended up writing some things and carelessly left it in the room so that it is easy for someone to find ... If the great widowed queen spoke about these teachings, surely they will try to use it in some way to try to overthrow the king ...

I am super curious that why Soyong's mother kept a book that has code used by Donghak's believers. Soyong's father also mentioned that her mother's last wish was for Soyong to live in a better world and to be able to do things that her mother could not do. This triggers my curiosity that whether her mother was part of Donghak and was also planning for a revolution. Am I overthinking?

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

@Phoenix Klaw where did you read that? The king died at the age of 32 and he was survived by his wife, the queen. They did have a baby, a girl, but she died around 6 months if I m not wrong. Hence no heirs for the king... I'm ok with anything that will differ, but I very much doubt it cuz I read some historical sources and checked some other Korean posts.

Now you get why I am so heartbroken...:crymeme:

• Like 3

Just saw the sub episode... man, seriously, the queen doesnt have people protecting her room is it?... sheeeeh...

Was it really just once that they *slept together:D one shot, indeed...

Since the beginning, yes according to history, CJ did die earlyz and his queen rule for quite some time... can the ending be different? ... let's hope so

• Like 4

@Phillip Lundgren I was thinking about it other day too :joy: The way they decided to write Cheoljong compared to the real historical figure. And the way Kim Jung Hyun portrays him doesn’t leave us any other option than to root for him.

Our Cheoljong is hot, smart, and fierce.

spacer.png

While he’s compassionate, he can kick anybody’s a$$ because he’s a superior warrior.

spacer.png

He’s also very precise in making babies. ONE SHOT ONE KILL :glasses:

spacer.png

(Yeah, I will never get tired watching him defeating BI.)

To sum it up, our Cheoljong is the whole package from personality, skills to looks.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2