[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

42 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Bro whats up with n*****nbu** 

They only translate the negative article and comment about this drama???

Meanwhile there are 3 positive one that got posted earlier here and they just straight up skip it????????????

Like cmon they seems to hold grudge with Tvn drama. I still remember they also only translate bad article for Cloy.

I just looked at the article and I don't think it is overly negative. It translated both good and bad comments and the article headline is positive.

Here's the article for anyone who wants to see:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/06/tv-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-pilot.html?m=1

I found the first episide gorgeous, very interesting but it's also not straightforward and pretty unconventional compared to the usual dramas. I enjoyed watching it but the K-audience are the ones they need to please so I hope the drama can hook them.

Now they have the lead character introductions out of the way I'm looking forward to the main plot kicking in. Excited for episode 2!:dorashakes:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Bro whats up with n*****nbu** 

They only translate the negative article and comment about this drama???

Meanwhile there are 3 positive one that got posted earlier here and they just straight up skip it????????????

Like cmon they seems to hold grudge with Tvn drama. I still remember they also only translate bad article for Cloy.

Its net******** ...that site literally was built on clickbait via translating extreme negative reaction to anything in kent and kpop...its well received...don't worry

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Superb!!!! I love first episode started off really good! The plot is just so meatier. It's been a long time I watch another good psychological drama like this. Last time it was It's Okay That Love. I don't mean to compare but this one gives me the same vibe. It's well portrayed and the emotions delivered so well. I cried as the little girl got her lesson from the The Boy Who Fed on Nightmares. Such a good book with good moral lesson. Though I thought it's quite heavier for kids but actuslly it's the real deal, good to teach them not just dreamy fairytales. They learn how to grow up well with good mindset. Honestly, the drama titles even looks pretty good with its original working title "You're psycho, but its okay" this word psycho does represent how these normal looking people are much crazier than the insane ones. 

I like how they write KMY character to be this bold and somewhat psycho. He slaps people hard in their heartstrings. Who would be truly fine if your own family try to kill you and abandon you. She's hitting inside and pretend to be this psycho to cover the past scar she has.

I like the quote from today's episode

Then if talk about visuals and other aspects like cinematography and ost, they top it all! Ah.. I become so much hooked just with one episode means that this is really good. Hope it will continue to be this intriguing and healing to the end. 

Excitedly waiting for episode 2!!!

==================================================================

@SweetButters it looks like we have something new to feed our brain again, ok?

Well, same. It is from that writer?? Too bad I dropped that show, LOL. Then these amazing children books probably her works too or does these books really exist? If it's yes it's cool. Ah... I like to have them too for my own collection. 

@PeVe I'm tagging you here, since there's something intersting we could discuss in the club. Perhaps, are you also watching this?

the fairytales the stories were inspired from are red shoes and bluebeard! and then the writer wrote some original fairytales for the show! and the script has been in the works for 2 years, so i'm holding out hope that everything's been well-researched & well thought of.

also they had a different title for the international release because they thought "Psycho, but it's okay" might be offensive in other cultures. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I just looked at the article and I don't think it is overly negative. It translated both good and bad comments and the article headline is positive.

Here's the article for anyone who wants to see:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/06/tv-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-pilot.html?m=1

I found the first episide gorgeous, very interesting but it's also not straightforward and pretty unconventional compared to the usual dramas. I enjoyed watching it but the K-audience are the ones they need to please so I hope the drama can hook them.

Now they have the lead character introductions out of the way I'm looking forward to the main plot kicking in. Excited for episode 2!:dorashakes:

Here's another site translating comments with higher upvotes about the pilot of IONTBO:

https://k-communities.com/2020/06/20/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-1/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

'It's Okay To Not Be Okay'  currently at NO 1 on Naver Top 100 videos

I wonder if this drama can sustain this rating in Douban [Chinese site]

All about It's Okay To Not Be Okay

#19 - Teaser Long Version
#24 - Highlight Video
#32 - TVN interview (KSH &OJS)
#34, #36, #38, #42, #43, #46, #52, #53, #60, #62, #64, #73, #75, #77, #80, #96

It's Okay To Not Be Okay clips placed 1/4 of Hot 100 (25 clips)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Baby face Kim Soo Hyun :love:  he never aged.

Nice episode 1, Weird combo of Romance and Psychological thriller drama tho, but KSH and Seo Ye Jin definitely made an attractive couple. I love to see them.

The knife holding scene made my stomach sick, but I remember he's the man who came from another star so he will be okay, or Moon Kang Tae is a man who never feel pain.

But the love confession comes too soon :tears:

(Is KMY the same childhood female friend MKT liked about? lol)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So many commeeeeents! I am so happy the drama is getting so many people to discuss it, hurray! :wub:

You've said a lot of things already but I just want to mention once again the brilliant acting of both SYJ & KSH. Even their eyes and mimics portray completely opposite people. :w00t:

She has those cold eyes - his eyes are warm. And yet, both are drawn to each other's eyes. Is it a cliché that opposites attract, then? Yes, it is, but we like it, nevertheless. :D 

She has a cold smile - his smile is that of a kid. (Yet, she is called a princess; he is called a Joker. Ringing a bell there?)

She is always dressed in flamboyant clothes, with strong nuances - he is dressed in "regular" and dull-coloured clothes (and still looks "dashing" to her, khem).

She is icy with everyone around her, especially her family - he is a sunshine with everyone around him, especially his family. (In that sense, her father is sick, and she does not want him in his life (for different reasons, we guess) - whereas, his brother is autistic, and he has devoted his life to him.)

And so on, and so on... Yes, I liked everything about the first episode, but those opposites and contrasts were the best for me. :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

12 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

Yes, @triplem, the brother is autistic. I believe they promoted the character as one "in the autistic spectrum," but could probably clarify a bit more in the next episodes. There could be a huuuge difference between the so-called spectrums of autism, so it should be vital. 

Hi, just sharing my experience with the autism spectrum. They use that term because every person who is diagnosed with it can differ  with how the condition affects them. There are some people who have high-functioning autism and they are able to live their life normally. There could also be those who have low-functioning autism. These people often have trouble speaking or are even non-verbal, their cognition is also not the best (so something like sign language would be difficult for them). There are also people who fall in between those two ranges, so it all depends. Mostly that's why they use the word  "spectrum" because a person can fall anywhere within the ranges depending on their capabilities. 

I'm not a psychologist but from what they've shown with Sang-Tae he seems to be more towards the high-level autism range. He's able to live a normal life with few limitations (such as his nightmare triggers which leads to him having breakdowns). He was even about to ride the bus by himself to get to Kang-Tae's hospital. Hopefully this helped clear up what the autism spectrum is...:)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3