[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Netflix interview foreign

The Straits Times

K-idol returns to the small screen

In his first lead role after completing military service, Kim Soo-hyun plays a caregiver in the Netflix romance drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay

If absence makes the heart grow fonder, fans of South Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun must be eagerly counting down to Saturday. That is when the debonair heart- throb - who shot to superstardom after acting in K-dramas such as Moon Embracing The Sun (2012) and My Love From The Star (2013 to 2014) - will make his much anticipated small-screen return as a leading man after completing his military service last July. His last starring role in a television series was in The Producers (2015).

In the new romance drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay on Netflix, Kim Soo Hyun [ 32] plays Moon Gang-tae, a caregiver in a psychiatric ward.

During a recent virtual press conference with the Asia-Pacific media, the star said from Seoul that while serving in the military, he felt a thirst to be on screen again.

He added: "After my military service, I have become physically stronger and a little bit more experienced. "I think that for anyone who has seen my acting prior to that, you will be able to notice that once you see our show." When he first read the script for the show, he felt his heart ache and decided the show was something he wanted to challenge himself to do. "I wanted to be able to express that heartache in my acting."

In the 16-episode drama, Kim's character meets a female author of children's books, Ko Mun-yeong, played by South Korean actress Seo Yea-ji. What transpires is an unusual romance between the two as they end up healing each other's emotional and wounds. Gang-tae is described as patient, smart and able to empathise with others.

But although the character seems strong, when he is by himself, he is much weaker.

Kim said: "I wanted to be able to express all of the hurt that Gang-tae has." He added that he wants this psychological vulnerability to resonate with viewers. When his character meets Mun- yeong, he lets his guard down. "He is able to complain about things and becomes like a child in front of her. So, I think meeting Mun-yeong is like a transitional point in Gang-tae's life." On working with Seo, the actor recalled: "As one tends to be around people you meet for the first time, there was a sense of awkwardness and difficulty between the two of us.

But as the actors spent a lot of time together and began to get into character, there grew to be "a com- fortable chemistry" between them. Seo, 30, who was also at the press conference, said of her co-star: "From my first day, he has been considerate towards me. I feel like our chemistry started off, and continues to be, quite good. "I would even go as far as to say he is probably the best partner whom I have had." Seo said of her character: "She lacks the ability to feel empathy towards other people. She is a cold character. I have to channel this image of a witch to express her."

But the character goes through a significant change after meeting Gang-tae, the actress added. Seo's credits include the psycho- logical thriller Save Me (2017) and the legal thriller Lawless Lawyer (2018). Asked what made her decide to take on her latest project, she cited director Park Shin-woo for his "irre- sistible" talent and writer Jo Yong for the intriguing story. She added: "Last but not least, I think any actress would be extremely happy to have Kim as her partner. "I had no reason not to do it."

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/k-idol-returns-to-the-small-screen

Seo Yea-ji (left) and Kim Soo-hyun (right) star in It's Okay To Not Be Okay.

tempCBdFV9rAGI5.jpg?type=w800

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Seo Joon joins 'Psycho, but it's okay'

Actor Seo Joon is making a new leap forward after confirming the exclusive contract with Blue Dragon Entertainment and appearing on tvN's new Saturday drama 'Psycho But It's Okay'. 

Meanwhile, in 'Psycho but it's okay', Seo Joon plays Kwon Min-Seok as a psychiatrist in the play. Kwon Min-suk, who has a clear distinction between ball and history, seems to have been drawn with a ruler like a straight appearance. Boasting a strong acting performance, Seo Jun raises expectations by foreseeing a new stealer in the play.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=003&aid=0009918863

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=215&aid=0000879114

0002871655_001_20200617073604729.jpg?type=w430

• Like 7

Gooddata Week 2 in June

It's Okay to Not Be Okay  No 8 in “TV Series TV Search Response” 

82949615_1119180151786945_23934521268333

Kim Soo Hyun  No 2 in “Top TV Series Search Hot Keywords"
Seo Ye Ji  No 2 in “Top TV Series Search Hot Keywords"

103748808_1119180798453547_3349273437858

• Like 2
  • Love 1

✰✰✰

Wow the trailer looks amazing!!

Seo Ye Ji looks not only pretty but gorgeous and stunning!!!

The more I see her on screen the more she is beautiful!!!

Talking about the plot, it seems to be an original one. Drama which deals with mental illness are the best if it is produced by Korean. 

Fighting!! I believe it will be a hit!!

The cast looks great, you don't need to worry about the acting, I am pretty sure they can act and will amaze us with their characters!

✰✰✰

• Like 1

Heize, ‘Psycho, but it’s okay’ Released 'You're cold' on the 21st

The first OST of 'Psycho But It's Okay', which will be released on the 21st. Heize's 'You're cold' has been released through the 'Psycho But It's Okay' notice video released on the 12th. 

Even though only a part of the song was released through the video at the time, the comments received a hot response from the public such as "I want to listen to the whole song soon" and "It's a drama and richard simmons". 

'Psycho but it's okay', followed by Hallyu star Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji and Oh Jeong-se. 

On the other hand, Heize first OST 'You're Cold'  in 'Psycho But It's Okay' will be released through various sound source sites on the 21st at 6pm . 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004597711

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003377795

0004597711_001_20200618094501841.jpg?type=w540

• Like 4

Watch: Kim Soo Hyun And Seo Ye Ji Get Teased By Oh Jung Se Over Their Romantic Poster Shoot For “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” shared a look at how the cast shot their posters!

The upcoming tvN drama is a “slightly strange romantic comedy” with Kim Soo Hyun playing Moon Kang Tae, a community health worker at a psychiatric ward, and Seo Ye Ji playing Go Moon Young, a children’s storybook writer with antisocial personality disorder. Oh Jung Se plays the role of Moon Sang Tae, who is a very talented illustrator on the autism spectrum, while Park Gyu Young is Nam Joo Ri, a nurse with a one-sided crush on Moon Kang Tae.

The poster photos were taken on the drama’s actual set, and the video starts off with Kim Soo Hyun looking around with wide eyes as he takes it all in. He explains to a crew member, “It’s my first time seeing it.”

Seo Ye Ji then walks in looking elegant in a flowery gown, and Kim Soo Hyun remarks on how beautiful she looks but laughs and adds, “I don’t think I could stand close to her.”

As they talk with the team about the concept for the shoot, Kim Soo Hyun asks if he should stand on her left or right. When told that they can do whatever is most comfortable for them, he makes everyone laugh when he jokes to Seo Ye Ji, “Do you want to be closer or farther away from the light?”

Seo Ye Ji laughs as she sits on the table for their test shot, saying she gets shy about this kind of thing. As they take photos together, Kim Soo Hyun comments, “This is really hard.” Despite the awkwardness of posing with everyone watching them, they pull it off like the pros they are and get some great shots.

seo-ye-ji-kim-soo-hyun.jpg

seo-ye-ji-kim-soo-hyun-3.jpg

read full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/article/1407417wpp/watch-kim-soo-hyun-and-seo-ye-ji-get-teased-by-oh-jung-se-over-their-romantic-poster-shoot-for-its-okay-to-not-be-okay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Netflix MY promotional video with e-sub.

• Like 5
  • Love 1