[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Goodness....the first episode....the opening was so creative....its clearly not joking about mental health issue it wants to address, the makers know its a sensitive topic where there are often times no right, wrong but so much in between, so much hurt, love, regret, guilt....its a complex subject and they did well on the introduction...also chemistry is off the charts...I loved it

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Goshhhh where should I start... I was totally blown away from the first minute to the last..Those animation, cinematography, music and that dark aura...it was eccentric... Just loved the first episode..I know it is too soon to say anything but KSH indeed chose a very good team to work with. Don't get me started about SYJ...She is sexy, elegant, mysterious and what not. Everytime they are together in one frame the screen lights up.. That last scene..it literally caught my breath..

So that animated stuff in the beginning actually happened between our leads and they knew each other in childhood..

I think each episode will be inspired by one of Go Moon Young's book...Looking forward for tomorrow's episode and hoping for  the ratings to be positive.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

First episode was awesome. Honestly I did not even read up on the premise. I only started watching because @Ameera Ali sold me on KSH's post military achievements :yaaa:.... for reference...

Spoiler

Chemistry was good and I can see them throwing in the childhood crush trope at the end ...but I am fine with it since that would make sense why Kang Tae would be drawn to Moon Young . She (MY) obviously finds him fascinating given two very fateful encounters at the hospital.  Seo Ye Ji is killing it ( don't mind the pun, lol) as the eccentric and diva like author of some rather bizarre and dark children's books.  I like the narration of her story at the end  which I suppose will be the underlying message of the drama. Bad experiences and horrible memories should not be forgotten but you need to rise above them in order to find happiness. I think her stories are like her - they come across a little scary and grim,  but there are uplifting messages at the end.  She obviously had some very traumatic experiences as a child but she has been able to channel that into her stories , and that has given her success. 

That scene of the little girl crying at the ward was rather sad. The hospital or even social welfare saw her father as a threat to her safety , but she saw her father as what he was - which was someone who is sick but he is still her father whom she loved . Did he really kill himself? Did  Moon Young carry out the deed herself ? Of course they are trying to imply that she could be the one given what she told Kang Tae at the knife scene.

Speaking of Kang Tae, I felt rather sorry for his circumstances. It is definitely not easy for him to care for his autistic brother ( I am assuming that is the condition- perhaps someone can tell me what his bro's condition is)  . I felt  bad that they could never stay put and KT had to move jobs so frequently each time his brother starts having these butterfly nightmares ( ironic something beautiful can be so frightful) . Why do you think that's the case? 

Thanks @stroppyse ...very happy to see you here

Done with first episode. I have so many feelings, honestly. They are perfect, truly amazing.

The ending of the episode was a bit abrupt in my opinion, as it went slightly quicker than I thought

(with the eyes he already knew

:P & everything)

Buuuuuut the chemistry nailed it. :wub:

And, Gosh, aren't they beautiful? Dragon went all the way with the casting of those two. Her voice is mesmerising, the wardrobe is beyond amazing, and her cold acting is top. And Soo-hyun, should I even comment on him, honestly? :D I adore everything about this man.

Yes, even his "Joker smile" - like wtf? :D This smile is like a kid's one, what is with the Joker? :D 

Ea9MG2XVAAAIIct?format=jpg&name=medium

By the way, really good job with casting the young actors - they truly resemble the adults (both physically & in their general manners and appearance).

The show also has some honestly funny moments.

Besides the gifs above "fourth, men" :D, I also laughed at the patient who vomited and her "honey" at our boy. :D 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Speaking of Kang Tae, I felt rather sorry for his circumstances. It is definitely not easy for him to care for his autistic brother ( I am assuming that is the condition- perhaps someone can tell me what his bro's condition is)  . I felt  bad that they could never stay put and KT had to move jobs so frequently each time his brother starts having these butterfly nightmares ( ironic something beautiful can be so frightful) . Why do you think that's the case? 

Yes, @triplem, the brother is autistic. I believe they promoted the character as one "in the autistic spectrum," but could probably clarify a bit more in the next episodes. There could be a huuuge difference between the so-called spectrums of autism, so it should be vital. 

This could also play an important role in the butterflies. Clearly, it is a play with the shattered butterflies' wings in the beginning - with the animation and the "monster" who killed the butterflies & the boy ran away from her. I adore those thought-provoking moments and I love that the brother, despite being a secondary character, would actually be the basis of the entire story.

@Ameera Ali, such beautiful gifs! Thanks a loooooot! (Ngl, my heart-eyes stare at my laptop is intesifying. :wub:)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just finished the first episode and I must say the excitement I got from the teasers and posters made me afraid the drama would let me down but it really didn't and it even surpassed my expectations. The opening is beautiful and eery. The whole episode made me watch from start to finish without pausing or skipping even once which is rare for my impatient personality. 

I love how they set up the story and introduced the characters without making it boring at all. In fact they made me just so curious about the characters especially about the childhood of the female lead. Also I was interested by the chemistry of the lead pair in the promotional interviews and curious about how it'll translate oncam and it didn't disappoint.

I now can't wait for the next episode! 

• Like 13

WoW!! The first episode was amazing and very intriguing :love: !!!! It definitely left me wanting to know more !!!! I also really loved the animation in the beginning too! So surprised to see young KSJ/KHM and Secretary Kim from TKEM in this show too !!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

WoW!! The first episode was amazing and very intriguing :love: !!!! It definitely left me wanting to know more !!!! I also really loved the animation in the beginning too! So surprised to see young KSJ/KHM and Secretary Kim from TKEM in this show too !!!

Thank You!!!, I got confused with the Young MGT/MKT , was it Yoyo kid or Sj kid. Sec Mo is the Head Nurse right? Who gave the fileback to the nurse taking care of KMY's dad??? Or are you talking abt Pm's secretary Kim? Isnt this guy Mgt's friend who forged signature in PsychoBio, I think he is the police guy classmate from Pinnochio.

ALSO is KSH name in the show Moon Gang-Tae(Netflix Subbed it that way) or Moon Kang-Tae??

• Like 4

@stroppyse glad to see you on board.  Have yet to watch but I loved the premise.  And the cast have acting chops to deliver.  I was just hesitant about how the writer would deal with mental issues (it’s not often done with sufficient subtlety and nuance).  She’s (?) only ever written one other drama (Jugglers) which I haven’t watched so I was wary of her skill in handling such a delicate subject.  Good to hear that you liked it. I will see if I can find time today to watch or binge the 2 episodes on Monday back to back. :)

• Like 1