[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

28 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

i was so traumatised by the ending that i stopped K dramas for many months:wacko: 

::hugs::  I feel your pain.  I am just getting over a similar situation myself.  Find Me in Your Memory is my return to watching dramas after dumping them for nearly six months after becoming absolutely incandescent with rage at being let down by the endings of three dramas in a short period of time.  

32 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

This show should have a happy ending right?

I believe with all my heart that this drama will not let us down.  

49 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i dun think this hyperthymesia has any side effect.. so anchornim should be safe!!

I hope so!  Thanks for the BBC article you linked to.  I remember reading that a few years ago and had wondered if that was where our screenwriter might have gotten the idea for the drama.  

One interesting "side effect" though is this (quoting from the BBC article):

people with HSAM [hyperthymesia] still suffer from "false memories".  They can be primed to remember world events that never actually occurred, for instance.

And that inevitably makes me think of how Dr. Dad has used hypnosis on JH in the past.  Could this be dangerous to JH as Dr. Dad continues to plot the publication of his book?  Could Dr. Dad use hypnosis to plant some memories in JH to try to make him breakdown.  Very worrying.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, thistle said:

::hugs::  I feel your pain.  I am just getting over a similar situation myself.  Find Me in Your Memory is my return to watching dramas after dumping them for nearly six months after becoming absolutely incandescent with rage at being let down by the endings of three dramas in a short period of time.  

wow, 3 consecutive bad endings in a short period of time is not good for the heart :blink:. i'm glad your comeback drama is this show :)

So far the writer has done a fantastic job in the writing and pace of this drama. i sure have high hope that it will end well and won't let us down too 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

And that inevitably makes me think of how Dr. Dad has used hypnosis on JH in the past.  Could this be dangerous to JH as Dr. Dad continues to plot the publication of his book?  Could Dr. Dad use hypnosis to plant some memories in JH to try to make him breakdown.  Very worrying.

This dad is like a psychopath .. he has no conscience and doesn't feel bad at all about hurting others just to achieve his goal... he has been a very uncaring dad to TE, take JH like a lab rat, went to talk to HJ, etc ... heartless, no feelings :angry:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Done with 25-26 subs. I liked the episodes in particular when HJ and TE talked about how much JH loved her despite the obstacles! TE is now one of my favorite character! He was as a Cupid in this episode and i really appreciate his effort to help both JH and HJ! I still think her drama project will be ultimate even if now it was deleted. For TE father i have some words... he's unpredictable and i'm afraid JH will not be aware of his malice. The stalker wrote some things in a little notebook and i think he is planning to harm JH. But what if he is planning to harm HK? This idea crossed my mind... it could be an option but i hope writer will not turn all in tragedy! Anyway JH really love HJ, in this episode it's crystal clear even if someone has some doubts!:)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, firt said:

Glad they reconciled. So can we expect a bed scene next ep? They’re in front of JH’s home, soaking wet. 

LOL yes please!! I'm glad they are back together. A little too fast but I'm not complaining haha.

5 hours ago, lolly84 said:

i think JH will hurt in next episodes. Maybe stalker will try to kill him and maybe JH will have a problem with his memories in some way. Even if i'm really glad they reconciled it's early for this kind of drama. Three episode left to the final. Hope writer don't break ours hearts!

The words MSH wrote is " You should loss someone you love too". I think he's going after HJ? But as you said maybe JH will be the one injured trying to save her. Anyway I'm so happy with today episode even if I cried the most in this episode. The only sad thing is no PREVIEW :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I guess, the professor should lose his license as doctor and his job as professor. He is actually not entitled to reveal anything to the girlfriend. Furthermore, he is not his real doctor.

ITA. When he told HJ that everything she will say to him is private, I couldn’t help but wonder what kind of nonsense is this because he’s there revealing private information about JH to HJ. Information that HJ has no business knowing without JH’s consent as the patient. I’m really hoping that JH discovers all that Dr. Evil was doing behind his back. 

• Like 7

I wasn't going to watch this episode anticipating that it would be a very sad to watch.  But the episode has turned out to be pretty good.  I like the writer.  The plot is moving along just at the right pace.  There is no dragging in the reconciliation between HJ and JH.   HJ has grown to be stronger than she was years ago.  However, she has yet to overcome her sense of guilt towards SY's death and stop blaming herself.  JH will be by her side and help her with that. 

In the past episodes when TE was always discouraging JH being with HJ, I wasn't sure of  his intentions.  I am happy to see that his intent has always been to protect his friend JH and his patient HJ.  He is a much better person and an ethical doctor than his devious father, the evil doctor.  

Hopefully we'll get to see the preview to next episode soon.  

• Like 14

this episode was perfect... the way Jung Hoon respected her space and Ha Jin returned to look for it when she lost something that united them, the drama. It was beautiful and i will always thank the writer for showing us such great love.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, juhyun seo said:

this episode was perfect... the way Jung Hoon respected her space and Ha Jin returned to look for it when she lost something that united them, the drama. It was beautiful and i will always thank the writer for showing us such great love.

Welcome to the thread.  :wub:

I was thinking a lot about today's episode.  I'm glad that we didn't go through a prolonged and overly emotional break up scene.  In fact, it was entirely reasonable and understandable when HJ tried to break things off with JH even though this was something that we, as viewers, did not want to happen.  It made sense.  And it made even more sense when she went back to him, realizing that she really could not do without him.

The thing that I loved the most about this whole episode was how measured and how sensible HJ remained.  How measured and how sensible JH was in return.  They acted like proper adult people--no hysteria and sobbing, no screaming and yelling.  Both of them were, in fact, dignified.  It was amazing.  It was the way people should behave when they really love one another.  People should not hurt one another just because they are in pain themselves.  Both HJ and JH were in pain but neither reached out to slash the other emotionally.  JH waited it out patiently while HJ was becoming accustomed to her "new normal" and HJ distanced herself from JH rather than dragging him into her emotional distress.  This is the way a good relationship should work.

TE showed us how a good friendship works, too.  He stayed out of the tangled threads, and he also waited patiently for his friend JH and for his former patient HJ until it really was time to say something helpful.  When he did, he didn't lecture or blame or even offer advice.  He merely gave the minimal information that would be helpful but that was not intrusive and that wasn't spilling anyone's secrets.  And he let them work it out themselves without getting into the middle of things.  We should all have friends like TE but, sadly, they are in short supply--instead I suppose I should say that we should all try to be a friend like TE.  

In the meanwhile, MSH and Dr. Dad are showing us precisely how to be a bad lover, a bad parent, and an unprofessional psychiatrist.  One scene hit the nail right on the head when Dr. Dad had no clue whatsoever that he was doing wrong while he was talking to TE.  Sociopaths always believe themselves to be right and nothing will ever convince them otherwise.  Perhaps that is why Dr. Dad seems to understand MSH so well and why Dr. Dad seems to think he can manipulate MSH--they are two of a kind.  They are dangerous.

Truly love the romance between our second leads HK and JIK.  They are so real and so relatable.  And I am so relieved that someone finally understands the suffering that HK has undoubtedly gone through to support her beloved sister.  

There was so much to like about today's episode.  And another thing that I really liked about yesterday's:  the redemption of Chul.  Even though he did wrong, he did not deserve to be ground into dust for it and, thank goodness, he wasn't.  The sisters, again, acted like reasonable appropriate adult human beings.  They saw that he was a good person under pressure.  They gave him understanding and they gave him a chance to mend his ways.  I'll be very interested to see if Chul comes to the rescue somehow as the whole mess with MSH works itself out.

I admit that in the past I suspected Chul and HJ's CEO and even TE but, hey, it's a drama; that's what we do as viewers.  I'm glad to see things working out, and I'm glad that so many characters are being just plain nice.  

• Like 11
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

okayy now we know anchornim loves to play solitaire to kill time :phew:

i still need like 6hrs for the better quality eng subs to be out :(

oh ya, i hope to see JH relationship with his dad grows closer.. his mom is gone, and his dad is sad and lonely.. and who knows, we might get to see both HJ’s parents and JH’s dad in the same scene soon hahaha you know, like.. parents meeting.. wedding engagement.. hint hint..

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I admit that in the past I suspected Chul and HJ's CEO and even TE but, hey, it's a drama; that's what we do as viewers.  I'm glad to see things working out, and I'm glad that so many characters are being just plain nice.  

@thistle, you said it so well, all the good and bad of the relationships :)

i also really love HK &JIK together... sometimes i feel that HK is more like an elder sister to HJ, and i do think it can be quite tiring for her ... JIK asked her before, whether she gave up her dream just to take care of HJ but from HK's reply, we know that she loves her sister very much and family meant a lot to her...  i think that it is also probably due to her personality, from how she stood up for JIK right at the beginning to comforting him when he was slapped by ex gf, HK has that "want-to-take-care of others" inborn trait in her... i wouldn't like it if her relationship with JIK is again one where she has to take care of him constantly, but JIK has proven to be a great understanding & supportive bf :wub:

i think TE is probably the most misunderstood/suspected character throughout the run of this show. 

i'm quite tickled by the fact that after the latest episode was aired, we can see so many comments in instagrams & youtube  apologising to TE for having suspected him :D

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I guess, the professor should lose his license as doctor and his job as professor. He is actually not entitled to reveal anything to the girlfriend. Furthermore, he is not his real doctor.

agree.... his motive is so dangerous, he wants to keep JH as his research object. I remember a scene when he has meeting with the book publisher, it looks like they want to reveal JH identity as the subject in his book.

He is another evil in this story.

Also I'm curious to whom MSH will attack and use the knife, is it HJ or JH?

But no matter what kind of dangerous moments and crazy thought about what MSH will do next episode to our couple, I wish after the hug they re drenched because of the rain and its only right for them to change the clothes because both are a busy person and theyre not allowed to get sick, right?. JH need to air for his news live and HJ maybe has some pictorial shoot, so I hope they decide to warm each other and I will see a bed scene as opening in next episode..... hihihihihii (me and my wild imagination)

• Like 6
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, rukizie said:

havent seen some episode since last week but please enlighten me that if Hajin knew Jung Hoon was Youngi’s boyfriend in the past :anguished:

Yes, she knows now! But at the end of the last episode, she decided to go to JH's side.

• Like 5

So i want to point this out. HJ didn't know about SY boyfriend. How is it possible? They were bestfriends... SY had JH ring so i guess they were engaged! How it's possible hide such a thing to your bestfriend? Maybe when HJ and SY met on the day of the accident, HJ returned from some study abroad? I think we need to see more about the stalker, his complete version of the story! Anyway i really love that NOW HJ is JH only LOVE!!B)

• Like 7