[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

I find it interesting to see how the professor and MSH are still affected by the past, while JH, diagnosed with hypermnesia, has been able to move on which contradicts the professor's thesis.

Actually, if you pay attention to their actions, you'll notice the contrast between MSH, the professor and the anchornim. First, the professor mentioned to HJ that he was JH's doctor, while in reality, his true doctor is TE and the other doctor. Yoon used his connections with JH, TE and the doctor Kim to have access to JH's file. Then he keeps telling people that JH as a patient is not able to move on, while it is the opposite. He is the only one who is not able to move on. And this explains why he wants to publish a book about JH. He got famous thanks to JH's diagnosis but in order to maintain his reputation, he needs to publish another book... that's why he chose JH again. That's the only thing he knows because he has never paid attention to other diseases and patients.

Then MSH is exactly like the professor... but he has a different reasoning. He thought that by killing SY, JH would be affected for his whole life but now he has realized that JH has moved on, while MSH has to live with the loss of SY. He has lost a purpose in his life: he is in jail, suicidal because he knows that he is responsible for SY's death. 

Both are narrow-minded, selfish and too caught by the past that they are unaware of their wrongdoings. MSH is responsible for his own situation and the professor's move will definitely ruin his career. His misdeeds will be revealed as he ignored all the warnings his colleague Kim told him: MSH is unstable, suicidal aso. Yoon was just focused on his own goal... he needs to break up the couple so that his thesis (JH as patient suffering from hypermnesia can not moved on) can be proven correct. He is definitely manipulating the results and while he looks down on his son, TE is definitely the better doctor/psychiatrist as he listens to them.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 6

3 hours ago, lolly84 said:

HJ didn't know about SY boyfriend. How is it possible? They were bestfriends... SY had JH ring so i guess they were engaged! How it's possible hide such a thing to your bestfriend? Maybe when HJ and SY met on the day of the accident, HJ returned from some study abroad?

same thought! HJ could have been studying abroad or something.. and during this time, SY just got to know JH and started dating.. hmm.. but 8yrs ago is 2012.. smartphones were already available, SY could have message HJ to share the joy of her bf photo isn’t it? :blink:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

He thought that by killing SY, JH would be affected for his whole life but now he has realized that JH has moved on, while MSH has to live with the loss of SY.

i think MSH’s intention was to throw SY right in front of JH to make him guilty but at the same time, he wanted to kill himself to join SY.. not sure about at the rooftop, but he did try to slit his throat with shattered glass when JH went to confront him..

30 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

maybe it was deleted?

haha this car gave anchornim a few problems.. the door.. and in another bts clip, he had a bit of difficulty with the seatbelt :lol:

• Like 7

I like this week's episodes more than last week's. Maybe becoz the director-stalker saga was going too long for my taste and the reveal feels meh... There are some scenes from last two weeks that I feel like fillers too.

And it seems in some scenes Kim Dong-wook looked very exhausted [becoz of the tight filming schedule, I suppose? They were still filming ep14 (27-28) 2 days ago...:persevere:] and cannot fully convey the emotions required at the moment. This week the pacing works better and I hope it will remain so. [EDIT: I particularly like when TE acted fast, and the leads not pushing each other away for too long.]

Anyone has the ratings for last night?

18 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

This show should have a happy ending right? Donkey years ago, i watched "What happened in Bali" by HaJiWon, Jo InSung & So Jisub. i was so traumatised by the ending that i stopped K dramas for many months:wacko: 

I have a weak heart too :no_mouth:  I tend to avoid sad endings as far as possible so there' ve been many good Kdramas I missed [EDIT: such as Queen For Seven Days, Remember ]. But I don't regret it.

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 8

@sadthe1st You are right: he wanted to kill himself right after. His reasons for this were quite simple: in his eyes, his gesture would prove his great love for her and at the same time, he wouldn't feel guilty and responsible. He wanted to put all the blame on JH... not only by witnessing her death but also as only survivor. So the suicide was a way to escape from his responsibility.

But since he failed to kill himself, he has to live with the guilt and to witness how JH is able to move on. In other words, he failed with his murder: he achieved nothing at all and even lost more than what he thought, he would gain. He lost SY and his freedom, while JH, despite his struggle, could escape his "guilty conscience", find a new love and even move on. And his next action (going after HJ) proves to me that he is still caught in the past, living in the past because he has no future and that's his way to escape from his responsibility.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

Anyone has the ratings for last night?

i checked wikipedia and it's rating was the lowest for ep 25 , only 2.3% :bawling:

thankfully rating picked up for ep 26 at 3.1%

i think maybe many saw the ending at ep24 and avoided ep 25 bcoz they were afraid of the separation angst?? or were there other dramas showing final episodes so others were checking those out? 

I hope the actors/actresses are not discouraged by the ratings. hope they know they have a huge group of international fans

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

31 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

It's 3.1 a bad rating? I don't think so... MBC is the national cable so it's a good rating after all...:phew: But i think people love OTP and want to see more romance... and more kisses.:sweatingbullets:

It is bad indeed. MBC, KBS & SBS were the big 3 in korean industry and MBC was labelled as the "Kingdom of dramas" in 2000s and early 2010s. The recent years tvN and JTBC are starting to take over. Only SBS still managed to keep double digit ratings for mini dramas. It's like a vicious cycle: your ratings get lower and the budget for future productions will be tighter, and the advertisers would be less interested. The succeeding drama gets less budget for promotion and production, so sometimes good quality drama are get ignored and you cannot secure blockbuster stars, it goes on....

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, rukizie said:

havent seen some episode since last week but please enlighten me that if Hajin knew Jung Hoon was Youngi’s boyfriend in the past :anguished:

she know and it makes her sad then slowly the memory that missing come back into pieces

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@lolly84 i think many chingus are expecting more than that after the rain scene :phew:

I agree with you. A bed scene is expected and i believe if it will happen, rating will increase a lot!! This couple made me crazy!:lol: Their chemistry seems 100% pure as a really couple!!B)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

A bed scene is expected and i believe if it will happen, rating will increase a lot!!

haha MBC is a public tv channel not paid one like TvN right? so their content could be more conservative? :rolleyes: i guess, just tucking HJ nicely in his bed would be a bonus already.. ok her wearing his pyjamas :lol: and JH will just.. sleep on the sofa HAHAHA (he did it once, he will do it again)

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

haha MBC is a public tv channel not paid one like TvN right? so their content could be more conservative? :rolleyes: i guess, just tucking HJ nicely in his bed would be a bonus already.. ok her wearing his pyjamas :lol: and JH will just.. sleep on the sofa HAHAHA (he did it once, he will do it again)

At least we can expect another kiss possibly HOT! And i will be satisfied:lol:

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 4

I hope that the professor Yoo is invited by LJH to his news after the publication of his book. During the interview, his misdeeds are revealed, especially his recorded conversation obtained without the consent of the partner... Actually, I have been missing LJH's interviews with guests where he is shown ruthless and honest at the same time as he is determined to unveil the truth and reveal the true personality of the guest. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 4

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I find it interesting to see how the professor and MSH are still affected by the past, while JH, diagnosed with hypermnesia, has been able to move on which contradicts the professor's thesis.

Actually, if you pay attention to their actions, you'll notice the contrast between MSH, the professor and the anchornim. First, the professor mentioned to HJ that he was JH's doctor, while in reality, his true doctor is TE and the other doctor. Yoon used his connections with JH, TE and the doctor Kim to have access to JH's file. Then he keeps telling people that JH as a patient is not able to move on, while it is the opposite. He is the only one who is not able to move on. And this explains why he wants to publish a book about JH. He got famous thanks to JH's diagnosis but in order to maintain his reputation, he needs to publish another book... that's why he chose JH again. That's the only thing he knows because he has never paid attention to other diseases and patients.

Then MSH is exactly like the professor... but he has a different reasoning. He thought that by killing SY, JH would be affected for his whole life but now he has realized that JH has moved on, while MSH has to live with the loss of SY. He has lost a purpose in his life: he is in jail, suicidal because he knows that he is responsible for SY's death. 

Both are narrow-minded, selfish and too caught by the past that they are unaware of their wrongdoings. MSH is responsible for his own situation and the professor's move will definitely ruin his career. His misdeeds will be revealed as he ignored all the warnings his colleague Kim told him: MSH is unstable, suicidal aso. Yoon was just focused on his own goal... he needs to break up the couple so that his thesis (JH as patient suffering from hypermnesia can not moved on) can be proven correct. He is definitely manipulating the results and while he looks down on his son, TE is definitely the better doctor/psychiatrist as he listens to them.

@bebebisous33, excellent points. I agree with your analysis. I know MSH will get his just desserts but I’m a little less optimistic about whether the professor will get his. So far he’s completely unnoticed by JH who is said to be a merciless investigative reporter to his targets irrespective of social standing. JH might also allow his friendship with TE to soften his dealing with the professor if he ever finds out what the professor had been doing without his knowledge.

@lolly84, I also thought it strange that HJ didn’t know anything about SY’s oppa. Like you said, perhaps she was abroad. That would explain why HJ obviously didn’t know SY was in a serious relationship and who that person was. The way she looked at the charm and the ring showed that she had no clue about SY’s oppa. We’ll most likely get the full story next week.

Edit: @bebebisous33, what a coincidence. I was posting a similar sentiment about JH’s ruthlessness (while talking chatting with a friend) and I just saw your post. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Regarding the rating, for a public broadcast company this is considered low but among three channels, wed-thur drama top by MBC if i’m not mistaken. I think this is inevitable since it’s kinda a mind set in korea already that public broadcast channels don’t have good quality drama anymore and unless the drama is SUPER good only you will start to see increase in rating and when i said super good, you can exclude romance drama from the list since it’s no longer a popular genre over there. This is based on my observation alone. 

But i think the production cast and crews are aware of the popularity of the drama internationally (and also on rerun & online for local). They also keep feeding us with BTS and what not. MGY also frequently posting on HJ’s ig account nowadays and promise an ig live on wed-thur.

I’m also glad the drama will end on wed, notice the rating will drop on thur usually? I would say that bcoz it needs to compete with the hospital drama so yeah it’s expected..hopefully we’ll get highest rating on the finale and on that note, I also can’t wait to see pics n vids from wrap up party later. KDW better sing “cherry blossom ending” as promised (in one of the BTSs, MGY asked him to sing but he was shy since making camera is on so he said he will (sing) at the wrap up party)

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, kaykafisyah said:

I’m also glad the drama will end on wed, notice the rating will drop on thur usually?

how many episodes do we have left? is next week the last?

• Like 2

It is bad indeed.....

Well, it could be worse and, in reality, it wasn't that bad in comparison to the other dramas that were airing.  “Memorist” Finale Enjoys Ratings Boost As “Meow The Secret Boy” Comes To A Quiet End  I'd say that 0.8 for a final episode is very bad indeed.

Both tvN’s “Memorist” and KBS 2TV’s “Meow the Secret Boy” came to an end last night!

On April 30, “Memorist” enjoyed a significant increase in its viewership ratings for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent, marking a considerable jump from the 2.2 percent rating achieved by its penultimate episode the night before.

“Meow the Secret Boy,” which also aired its series finale last night, scored average nationwide ratings of 0.8 percent and 1.0 percent for its two parts.

MBC’s “Find Me in Your Memory” scored average nationwide ratings of 2.3 percent and 3.1 percent for its two parts, while tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent for the night.

Yes, another show scored much better but overall at least our drama is still in there fighting.

It's like a vicious cycle: your ratings get lower and the budget for future productions will be tighter, and the advertisers would be less interested. The succeeding drama gets less budget for promotion and production, so sometimes good quality drama are get ignored and you cannot secure blockbuster stars, it goes on....

Sadly, this is true.  Budget can be a huge issue.  I recall one drama last year where the show wasn't good (despite some high profile casting) and the budget seemed to have been cut in the middle so that things went haywire--like the sets suddenly being drastically and inexplicably different.  I think that the addition of having Netflix fund some shows is not necessarily a good thing:  big budget but bad decisions on how to use it.  I cannot excuse the way Vagabond ended (or didn't exactly end since it just stopped and flopped over) for one thing and for another the influence that seems to slant drama storylines.

Not every drama will be a blockbuster but some are still gems like the one we are watching now.  I'm gonna be very interested to see how Find Me in Your Memory ties all the story threads together.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

how many episodes do we have left? is next week the last?

nope.. next week is 14 and 15

then following week is last :rolleyes:

@thistle

Spoiler

i din watch meow.. although its going to be L’s final drama before enlistment.. the plot is too cute for my type :lol: as for memorist, the last 2 ep were really lots of twist! overall, i enjoyed that drama.. im watching hospital playlist as well but its meant to have a few seasons so......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2