[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

Jihoon's feelings for SJ are sincere. He wasn't after money. He did everything to gain her dad's favour so that he can marry her. He is addicted to her. This is destructive love. SJ misunderstood him, she thinks he cares about her dad's money. If he can prove to her his sincere feelings, she will change heart. Her problem is that she wants someone to love her for what she is, that's why she hates YW who is poor but can still be loved by CD

As for YW, she thinks she doesn't deserve to be loved. She wants CD to be with someone better than her. She is hard on him because she thinks he will be miserable if he stays with her. She forgot that it is his decision to make whether he wants to stay or not.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Oh man looks like the brat and JH slept together, I think she asked him to marry her as well going by the text

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/flowerypath/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0245-01-369358,read,,75,800375

Is it just me who is laughing at this situation lol:lol:? How on earth did it come to this? 

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

My god how many places are they going to get kicked out of?'

YW being a big moron.

I find you very hard with YW, it's not like if CD is her husband, she has several problems, she is a widow with a child without work, without money, with her family outside who is suffering, and a familyI in law of scavengers, it's is not easy mentally, from herr point of view CD is a good man who deserves to live a pretty story without all this emotional baggage,  yes I know 'it is up to him to decide, but frankly it is difficult for a young widowed mother,  it's very difficult, yes CD also suffers

11 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I find you very hard with YW, it's not like if CD is her husband, she has several problems, she is a widow with a child without work, without money, with her family outside who is suffering, and a familyI in law of scavengers, it's is not easy mentally, from herr point of view CD is a good man who deserves to live a pretty story without all this emotional baggage,  yes I know 'it is up to him to decide, but frankly it is difficult for a young widowed mother,  it's very difficult, yes CD also suffers

Ah no I hard on her because one second she  says she love him then does something like this she fights for NOTHING and  never bothers to explain which cause massive  problems. She  is being a fool while the other girl is moving on already.

She get step on then steps on him its tiresome and frustrating. She never vents her angry on the people she suppose to she uses CD as her punching bag every single time.

my new video. I used the sad OST of their separation. Press cc (the 3 dots down right) for English subtitles of the song (the subs are taken from a blog lol)

@angelwingssf @lu09 @dramaninja @Bejaffled @shamrockmom @marrez1@mel22 @whome @laura Washington @tas82 @Leila Essalih @fanofr@Ldy Gmerm @Barbara Riley @Engel @Pam_Van Fossen 

Aaaargh! Our OTP has "broken up" again!  I feel so bad for CD. :(

@marrez1, we seem to be pounding hard on YW because we want to knock some sense into her.  She needs to see the big picture, so to speak.  You know how many people are when they are emotional.  They tend to dwell on their misfortunes and can't see things objectively anymore.  Just like Il Nam and for a time, even YW's father.   They stuck in their failures and hurt the people around them. We want YW out of that rut.

Do you guys honestly think SJ has finally given up on CD? What about JH agreeing to meet SW by the lake? What was that for?  I predict that "walk for some fresh air" will have some significance and will somehow affect CD and JH's relationship later on. 

Do you know what my favorite part in the last two episodes was?  It's the fact that con-artist GF is now in the Hwang household and would probably victimize SJ's family soon.  I dislike the Hwangs so much, I'll be super happy to see them getting conned. :lol:

Sigh. The drama still has a lot of ground to cover.  I hope next week would bring our OTP closer to their happy fairytale ending. 

Cheerio! See you on Monday! 

@nohamahamoud2002 thanks for your video! 

Definitely this week's episodes have me reaching for the meds....

YW is absolutely enraging with her behavior toward poor CD. I'd have tossed in the towel on this drama already, but his lips that go on for days and make me think wicked thoughts  his heart melting smile  the fact that he's a good guy keeps me going. He is honest and communicates well; other characters in this drama need to learn from him! 

I will add in that the relationshit  relationship between SJ and JH is one for the record books. He is just as whacked out as she is! Dollars to donuts he slept with SJ's drunken booty and of course he didn't wrap his beef burrito use any kind of protection so there will be their baby to consider very soon. Although they deserve each other, Heaven help that poor child with 2 whacko parents and 2 goofy self centered grandparents! Seon Hwa needs to buy a clue or two and realize hooking up with JH is a losing proposition, although I-Nam is not exactly prize husband material either, given his own family's issues. :o

The Soondubu mom is--by Western standards--completely out of line for wanting to take Bo Ram from her mother. :angry: However, since YW is the worst communicator and can't tell her the truth about what happened in front of the hotel, and given the fact that the family is now living at a bus stop, I feel her pain and she probably wants to put a roof over Bo Ram's head and 3 square meals in her tummy. I get it. Still, it comes off as controlling and ridiculous to us viewers.

And then we have the depression/drunken duo of Il Nam and YW's daddy. I felt bad that YW's daddy considered suicide, but good gracious man, how about trying to help your daughters and granddaughter by working instead?? :crazy: Ugh!  And don't even get me started on the oxygen-waste of Il Nam. He is a total loser, and although I love Trang to pieces, what in blue blazes was she thinking when she slept with him and had his son?!? I have to believe she was gullible and bought into his grandiose lies. 

I did howl with glee at the fact that the Scammer Lady is now the maid for the Hwang's!  OMG, how much do I love this?!? Please Writer-nim, let her rip them off with abandon, all the while her Probable Son JH gets to see his mama in action!! :D

6 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

I love Trang to pieces, what in blue blazes was she thinking when she slept with him and had his son?!? I have to believe she was gullible and bought into his grandiose lies. 

Trang is married to him, so it is natural to have a child :)

she is a good person. I think she believed his lies as you say.

He should be thankful when he learns about his son, considering he is 50 years old and has such a dutiful reliable Trang for a wife. What a headache this man is.

Just a short note about YW's dad, he is ashamed of himself and depressed. When you are in this state of mind you can't realize you are hurting others. I feel sorry for him, realistically speaking this condition needs psychotherapy.  

@mel22 you are welcome :) The song has been ringing in my ears for a week, it is such a beautiful song, I found it suitable for a music video, esp. the sad piano intro

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Trang is married to him, so it is natural to have a child :)

she is a good person. I think she believed his lies as you say.

He should be thankful when he learns about his son, considering he is 50 years old and has such a dutiful reliable Trang for a wife. What a headache this man is.

Just a short note about YW's dad, he is ashamed of himself and depressed. When you are in this state of mind you can't realize you are hurting others. I feel sorry for him, realistically speaking this condition needs psychotherapy.  

The theme of being duped/scammed seems to be a common thread in this drama. We see Il Nam being duped with the Royal Victoria scam, then he dupes Trang saying his family has the biggest/best restaurant around, and Trang withholds info from Il Nam (regarding his son).  Round and round it goes....

Unless I misunderstood, Trang also seemed to agree with Il Nam that their 'marriage' was a business arrangement. I gotta wonder what happened that she or he changed the terms of the deal.

As for YW's dad, I 100% agree he needs psychotherapy. I don't mean to make light of his suicide attempt--I lost my own mother to suicide nearly 6 years ago, so I know depression is no joke. :tears: There are so many characters who could use psychotherapy in this drama....Seon Hwa and YW's sis come to mind....and SJ would be at the top of that list. 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:59 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Jihoon's feelings for SJ are sincere. He wasn't after money. He did everything to gain her dad's favour so that he can marry her. He is addicted to her. This is destructive love.

Let's apply JH & SJ's situation to Chun-Dong & Yeo-Won's situation",

"Chun-Dong feelings for Yeo-Won are sincere. .... He did everything to gain her favour so that he can marry her. He is addicted to her. This is destructive love."

It is evident that Chung-Dong & Yeo-Won's love situation is equally problematic.

In life, it is not good to be a beggar. People need respect, including to themselves. This also applies to love. Chun-Dong behaves as a beggar in begging for love to Yeo-Won. This is not good. Genuine love should be reciprocal. Both parties need to respect and seek each other.

Many commenters say that YW cowers to the people who bully her, like her ex mother-in-love and Su-Ji, but lashes out against Chun-Dong, who is the only one who cares for her. She may feel that she also like him, but she does not respect him.

In this situation, it is better for CD to step back. He should help YW and her family, but as a friend, without expecting anything. Remember 'Home for Summer'? The best relationship between Geum-Hee & Sang-Won occurred when they were just friends. They helped and protected each other, without expecting anything in return.

CD should help YW & her family, as a friend, until their situation improves. If YW really loves and respects him, she would approach him. If she does not approach him, then she either does not love him or does not respect him. Then CD should politely moves on. There is plenty of fish in the sea.

22 hours ago, mel22 said:

You know how many people are when they are emotional.  They tend to dwell on their misfortunes and can't see things objectively anymore.  Just like Il Nam and for a time, even YW's father.   They stuck in their failures and hurt the people around them. We want YW out of that rut.

@shamrockmom :( I am so sorry about your mom :tears:. Actually I was also replying to @mel22 's comment about Il Nam and YW's dad hurting others. I meant to say it is involuntary on YW's dad part because he was depressed.

As for Il Nam he is definitely useless.

@jasmine19 I always find the female lead foolish. The writers usually portray them as such. What can we do about it? But to be fair I don't think she dislikes him. She just feels he is "too good for her"

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

But to be fair I don't think she dislikes him.

While 'like' may be a start for 'love', in order for 'like' to transform into 'love', certain threshold needs to be passed, by including respect and courage.

A person who really loves another has the respect toward the partner and courage to bravely face challenges to be together with the partner.

CD respects YW and braves challenges, including refusing the chairman's offer to marry SJ, and thus he has passed the threshold and already loved YW. By contrast, YW has not passed the threshold. She may feel that she likes CD, but she might not have loved him.

In this situation, CD needs to step back in order to give space to YW, to reflect on the relationship. If YW really loves him, she would approach him. If she does not approach him, then her 'like' to him might not transform into 'love'. Thus, he may need to move on. 

Archived