[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

I realize that I am mostly annoyed watching daily dramas as opposed to night time/weekend dramas. I still get annoyed with certain characters there too, but daily dramas just take the cake of me complaining each and every time. Of course daily dramas being so long is the main crux of it. Majority of these dramas should be only 20-30 episodes. With them averaging +120 episodes, about 90-100 episodes are fillers!!!! It's complete nonsense, illogical and drags. Sometimes they're antics are so crazy that I wonder if SK citizens are actually depicted correctly. IMO, it makes it seem that SK as a country is so behind the times culturally.

For example, I've mentioned before that one of the many pet peeves of mine in watching dramas is the relentless unrequited one-side love/crush. Trash brat has been turned down/outright rejected by CD so many times, yet she keeps pushing and pushing to get him. Her solution is to break CD & YW up, so that CD will turn to her. Does this really happen in real-life? She's the CEO's daughter, does her father not stop her or do something. She's literally lowering (as she's a rich heir) and throwing herself at CD. 

Another pet peeve is the parents making decisions on whom you should marry or not marry. I understand that family life is really big in SK, but you only have one life to live and it's your's to live it, not your parents. They're not the ones that will be living your with your spouse...you are. So at the very least, you should have a say on whom you will spend the rest of your life with. 

Another one, which is a major bone to pick on. They literally write the villains with having no morals or conscience. They have no problems getting rid of the opposition be it with dirty tricks or even killing them. They're like 'oh hey, ABC is in my way of getting the guy I like, let me run over her and either maim her. If she dies, then oh yay, party time! The guy's all mine!!!' They literally do not feel guilty for taking a life.

Then, of course, many daily dramas use some *cough* less talented *cough* actors/actresses for lead or secondary roles who display one generic emotions when angry (eyes wide open, screaming at the top of their lungs, acting crazy when one should be acting angry, etc). I understand they're probably cheaper to hire due to budget, but ... le sigh.

Lee Yu-Ri used to act in a lot of daily dramas. She's upgraded to night time/weekend dramas for the past several years now. She even won a daesang too! She's very good. She honed her craft doing daily dramas. I've seen many actors/actresses upgrade themselves as well.

But, the days when I actually like a whole daily drama without any headbanging frustrations over a character or FFing scenes are long gone. They just don't make them like they used to anymore.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@whome despite the annoyance, but there are some good moments too and lessons to be learned. Usually from my little experience, the annoyance increases gradually till a certain limit, then it starts getting better (to keep rates). So I think something good will come up soon. I just hope YW would have a say in her life. She is completely without any opinion, she should fight back. Her sister has more spirit than her

By the way, dailies have another advantage, they are an excellent way to learn Korean :) 

1 hour ago, whome said:

I realize that I am mostly annoyed watching daily dramas as opposed to night time/weekend dramas. I still get annoyed with certain characters there too, but daily dramas just take the cake of me complaining each and every time. Of course daily dramas being so long is the main crux of it. Majority of these dramas should be only 20-30 episodes. With them averaging +120 episodes, about 90-100 episodes are fillers!!!! It's complete nonsense, illogical and drags. Sometimes they're antics are so crazy that I wonder if SK citizens are actually depicted correctly. IMO, it makes it seem that SK as a country is so behind the times culturally.

For example, I've mentioned before that one of the many pet peeves of mine in watching dramas is the relentless unrequited one-side love/crush. Trash brat has been turned down/outright rejected by CD so many times, yet she keeps pushing and pushing to get him. Her solution is to break CD & YW up, so that CD will turn to her. Does this really happen in real-life? She's the CEO's daughter, does her father not stop her or do something. She's literally lowering (as she's a rich heir) and throwing herself at CD. 

Another pet peeve is the parents making decisions on whom you should marry or not marry. I understand that family life is really big in SK, but you only have one life to live and it's your's to live it, not your parents. They're not the ones that will be living your with your spouse...you are. So at the very least, you should have a say on whom you will spend the rest of your life with. 

Another one, which is a major bone to pick on. They literally write the villains with having no morals or conscience. They have no problems getting rid of the opposition be it with dirty tricks or even killing them. They're like 'oh hey, ABC is in my way of getting the guy I like, let me run over her and either maim her. If she dies, then oh yay, party time! The guy's all mine!!!' They literally do not feel guilty for taking a life.

Then, of course, many daily dramas use some *cough* less talented *cough* actors/actresses for lead or secondary roles who display one generic emotions when angry (eyes wide open, screaming at the top of their lungs, acting crazy when one should be acting angry, etc). I understand they're probably cheaper to hire due to budget, but ... le sigh.

Lee Yu-Ri used to act in a lot of daily dramas. She's upgraded to night time/weekend dramas for the past several years now. She even won a daesang too! She's very good. She honed her craft doing daily dramas. I've seen many actors/actresses upgrade themselves as well.

But, the days when I actually like a whole daily drama without any headbanging frustrations over a character or FFing scenes are long gone. They just don't make them like they used to anymore.

Amen to that,  you are so right.

Gggrrr called it but still so peeved and disappointed in the mother in law. But like I said before despite all the smiles, their response to the ain't no use to nobody Il Nam being set up showed some deep rooted old fashioned beliefs.

Spent most the episode annoyed with YW like open your dam mouth and speak up for yourself. They are dishonouring not only you but the love of your life. She should have told sister straight to mind her own dang business. Imagine a blended family giving her so much grief. Was so annoyed, I was like  leave the miserable bastards and two two she says she moving out and breath... all is forgiven. Glad the sister going come round guessing with the Seolal gifts at the perfect time. I hope she really goes in on all of em and tells them all about themselves especially that ungrateful witch of a sister in law.

JH's nasty side is about to raise its ugly head again. I hope he comes to his senses before he ruins his relationship with CD and his sister cause they the only people that will back him no matter what. He's about give up something precious for what a seat a a table where nobody truly wants him.The path of playing chicken with the CEO with have casualties whether it be him or CD. That man has no scruples so JH and CD will have to pay.. Again for what a whiny no brain toddler woman? Urgh....

I don't understand the conversation but I found the short description of the video

"제 인생 살고 싶어요 어머니!" 최윤소 결심에 술렁이는 가족들 [꽃길만 걸어요/Unasked Family] 20200124

Google translate 

I want to live my life mother!

YW packed her things and is leaving at last 

최윤소에게 매정한 양희경 "보람이 데리고 당장 네 집으로 가!" [꽃길만 걸어요/Unasked Family] 20200124

Google translate 

MIL says
Take the Boram and go home now!

My two most important take away from this week's closing episode are (1) YW and Bo Ram are finally out of MIL's house, and (2) YW's sister barging into MIL's room and telling everyone off! :D 

As it turned out, MIL was purposely harsh on YW to allow her to move on.  I think that initially, MIL was genuinely angry and really only wanted YW to quit her job.  But a more altruistic reason belatedly kicked in when YW spoke up.  MIL wasn't expecting YW's answer and that put things in perspective for MIL.  YW and the others don't know about MIL's feelings yet so we should expect several more episodes of misunderstandings and conflicts because of that. :lol:

Dad's opportunist GF is showing some hesitation now and seem conflicted between her real motives and growing attachment to YW's dad and sister. Am sure she'd cause a lot of trouble but I predict her character would turn into a new leaf before the end of the series to give daddy his happy ending. 

Too bad there was no interaction between my beloved OTP,  CD and YW, but I hope things will get better for them soooooon. So, am looking forward to next week's episodes. 

I watched the last episode, I feel sorry for the MIL. She really loved YW but acted stiff to help her go away and not look back :(

Poor woman, she is not very bad, even in the preview she refused to allow the step sister from using YW's room. 

Jihoon is really dangerous, I hope he doesn't do something nasty to CD out of jealousy. However, SJ's dad deserves to be threatened by JH (regards Dong U's death). Also poor CD will never be useful to SJ's dad because he is upright, unlike JH who sold his soul to the devil.

@mel22 I also agree with you that the con woman is hesitant, I really hope she leaves the house without stealing money, I don't know whom she is calling, it could be her brother. Also she seems to have a son, because she made a slip of the tongue when she said she never had daughters

Now does this make sense, you steal all there money but leave them with a POT of rice. Is this suppose to make up for you stealing all and I mean ALL of there money. REALLY.

I feel really bad for them, but most of all the father. He is in shock and so hurt I don't think he will recover from this. 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:22 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@mel22 I also agree with you that the con woman is hesitant, I really hope she leaves the house without stealing money, I don't know whom she is calling, it could be her brother. Also she seems to have a son, because she made a slip of the tongue when she said she never had daughters

Whoa! Con-artist GF moved faster than I expected. YW's dad looks so heartbroken, in addition to being broke. (I think she & her co-conspirator took not only the house deposit & YW's sister's savings but also his taxi.  Talk about giving her the benefit of doubt. :angry: )   Let's see how things will play out. 

And JH? That man has no self-respect at all. Still don't know why he caters to SJ's every whim however misplaced they are. He even allows himself to be openly abused & rebuked  by SJ's mom in every way. What does he see in SJ anyway? 

POOR YY and her family, it's horrible, I wonder why the writers made them even poorer and more miserable than they were already

just saw the preview for tomorrow, I hope the thief is not the biological mother of CD :rage: , I do not want a twist like this, there is already so much to solve, including the death of the husband of YY and his heart

this drama begins to disappoint me

Archived