[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

32 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

per love this song and this scene too! Also, I bet this was the scene that made all the guys fall for YJ way back, and she became Nation's First Love cuz of this. She was so cute and sweet, yet you can see that glint of mischief in her eyes. There was really no other young actress like her during that time. 

I don't think so, when I watched that scene in Hospital Playlist which has the english subs of the lyrics, it was sung by all the 5 main leads who are best friends with a band (for own fun). It seems to point more at their friendship and also each of their own love life. The whole drama actually had a lot of old, nostalgic songs from the 80s/ 90s but I didn't know most of them except this one. :D The other songs was probably meaningful to the SK audience.

At the very least, I believe Binjin are very close friends, with huge respect for each others works and acting talent. So I am quite sure HB would have watched SYJ's movies, from her older more classic ones, to her current ones like The Last Princess, and Truth Beneath. I am trying to recall if YJ ever mentioned which of HB's works she has watched. Maybe MOTA, since it was his latest? And Confidential Assignment where he acted as a NK soldier like CLOY. :D And most importantly, I hope they watch movies together at either one of their homes, sitting at the couch side-by-side as they enjoy their crafted beer. :D

LOL the bold part is basically to go back on how there is no way he hasn't had a "crush" on her since A Moment To Remember premiere and if he has watched The Classic - which I am sure he has, he would fall into that same category lol. Honestly, that could have also been why he didn't even look at her at PIFAN, just said hi but clearly remembered meeting her at PIFAN after 3 years. He was too shy. However, since he got so embarrassed A LOT during the TN promo period, he became the shy boy who has a crush on the girl right next to him vibe lol. I can't help but giggle at TN promo period where Binnie had to do all those cutesy stuff with SYJ. If you go back and watch his other promotion interviews, you know he hates to do the heart sign & finger heart - makes him embarrass / which was also shown at the TN talk/ i think it was an early years where he mentioned how he refused to do the finger heart lol, he then has to do all the cutesy stuff with SYJ on her instagram - for guy who doesnt use SNS, that is a lot. He spent his birthday with her which she still brought it up at CLOY Kakao Talk and even said that he didn't have to spend his birthday with her but he did. Also there is no way a guy who doesn't like you would do the fan blowing lol. Now he does all those silly things he use to find embarrassing so easily during CLOY promo lol/ Pretty sure he has definitely seen all her latest ones: The Last Princess, Be With You, Something In The Rain - he saw another movie with HJW with Bolin Chen. So maybe he did also see Bad Guys Always Die. Although if he has been a fan of hers for that long, I am sure he watched most of them. Not sure if he had time for the earlier TV shows back then though lol. What if SG Binnie did watch her on Personal Taste.. I mean that could have happened since around then, LMH and Binnie were like neighbours living in the same building :wub:

As for SYJ and what HB films she has watched, she has definitely seen I Am Happy - since she brought that up on the couch talk lol. Confidential Assignment is a definite yes as Yoona is also in it. That was also why she named the 3 movies so fast in mission pong. So I think she has definitely watched all his works now. Hopefully, she has now watched The Lovely Sam Soon - I only brought up confusion on whether she actually saw it or not. As I watched the show last month and Sam Sik is not an obvious nick name for HB's character, Jim Hu. Sam Soon gave that nick name to HB's character. Sam Sik is the male equivalent to Sam Soon. So I guess she could have used her smart brain to figure it out lol. Also I find it cute that in CLOY, her NK name is Choe Sam Suk :lol:

Also, you know in a relationship, you usually force your partner to watch the earlier works they haven't already :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

23 minutes ago, sharluvsenergy said:

A good news for all Singaporean fans! Baeksang Awards 2020 will be streamed live on MeWatch on 5th June at SGT 3.50pm. 

I got so excited when I saw the ad on TV!:relaxed:

That is great news. Now we are even more motivated to vote for them. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

This is so cute and funny at the same time. Binjin, destined together since they were wee little kids . :D

@Samsam  Ah i see! I'm smart = Smart Ako. He said it perfectly with the best expression. :D

Yes it does look like someone's gonna be in hot soup for wrongly releasing the CF earlier. The owner even personally tweeted about HB and the endorsement, which means he's putting a lot of priority on this campaign. So that mistake was really a no-no. Even though the PR spin was a good "rescue" action.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

My prediction is SYJ will take the Baeksang Grand Prize. There are so many subtle references to her. So subtle you don't notice it but it's there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Love all the discussions about Binjin couple. It's a good break from just voting and monitoring the results LOL!!

I have the same observation too! This type of interaction between them is what make shippers so crazy over Binjin!! If I remember correctly, YJ do like to tease people, but moderately, esp if it's people she just met like in master of the house. But with Binnie, she is like teasing him ALL the time lol! And HB just laugh and indulge her, and let her be. But I notice that in later interviews eg. the card making video and the Couch Talk video, he started to learn how to "fight back" lol!! I think he began to get a feel of how YJ's flow of speech and wit and humor is like, and he just tease right back. Like when she asked if he thinks he looks charming in uniform and he just smugly replied "Yes", and she asked to stop the interview. Or when YJ asked why is his card looking like that, and he said he likes "empty space" (or something like that), and she just gave up on him LOL!! I really love this type of interaction and closeness between them, and how comfortable they are with each other to be so straight-forward in teasing one another. :D

Someone was wondering if SYJ really did not watch MNIKSS, and I think she is speaking the truth. But I think she might have heard/ read about the drama cuz it was super popular back then (50% ratings), and the name Sam Shik might have appeared on news headlines etc. Plus the female lead's name Kim Sam Soon (which is one of the main plot point) is probably always associated with Sam Shik (both are very traditional names that seems outdated and not very trendy).

We have discussed many times about SYJ telling HB about how she fell down and he didn't hold her hands, and how guilty he must have felt (cuz he probably didn't realise that), that he NEVER EVER LET GO OF HER HAND AGAIN!! Just look at all the bts after that, he held on to her hand SO FIRMLY lol!!

Binnie has been dropping SO MANY goodies to us lately that we can't keep track!!! How many new brand endorsements so far? Bodyluv, Smart, Bench, the green drink (so organic!), and possibly BMW. Phew!!  That's already 5! On top of whatever else he's already endorsing.

@ncly  I agree with @charray  that it's totally fine to share separate updates of HB and SYJ. Their works and CF will appear at different times, so a simple update here is actually very informative for all the Binjin fans in this thread. 

@Loveumore

I believe that most fans here were trying to balance talking about both HB and SYJ since it's a Binjin thread, So since HB has many new CF updates recently, we just shout out our hopes for SYJ to show us her new works or CFs too, though her schedule and frequency of accepting endorsements and works may differ a lot from HB. Both of them are passionate about their career, just like YSR and RJH in CLOY, and even as a couple, I believe they will continue to pursue their passion. Only they will know how to balance time together and career pursuit. For a relationship to be healthy and growing, both partners should be supportive of each other's dreams. That's also one of the reason I ship Binjin because I believe they are mature enough and share similar experiences in the entertainment industry, hence will be understanding of each other's career and hopes, whilst building a shared life together.

I totally agreed with all your comments and observation. May I add something, hehehe. I think this is one of the traits that HB loved about SYJ. She is honest and her comments or response to some interview is purely honesty without the intention of offending someone or HB, and its very reflective, thus even the viewer ( except of course those trolls) can feel the sincerity of her words.

Remember in their TVN interview, when HB askes how Seri and SYJ character is alike, he mentioned specifically that SYJ can freely speak her mind without being obtrusive. And there was one interview that I watched, where one of SYJ friends mentioned that SYJ mentioned how honesty is important with her. If you can see in her various videos, SYJ is very spontaneous. She doesn't lie nor pretend is she doesn't know something or if she is not really prepared. The cute thing about it is, she was able to handle it in a very light mood that makes the viewers find it amusing and innocent. HB is not only indulging SYJ but letting her as well to be honest and vulnerable in front of him which i believed it's a good sign of a give and take relationship. 

They are already mirroring each other and we BINJIN shippers are really noticing it. Even on how they response to a certain questions. Like in one of their SWOON interview,( the COMPLIMENT me in particular), SYJ said she will try to chose a project appropriate in her age, whilst, HB as well mentioned almost the same line of words while thanking the fans. 

There so much things with them that makes their denials more obvious. During TN, we can see HB is every inch a gentleman to SYJ and all his " focus" is with SYJ. But during CLOY when all this rumors are out, suddenly, there was changes. He still gentleman but he is more of very careful on touching SYJ or having an eye contact with her, well unless of course when they are alone. I mentioned it before that they seems to be more comfortable without any press to pressure them. It's where their "action speaks".

One of psychological signs you can tell if the person is in love or someone like another person is the persons attention is only revolving into the other. That person only wants to see you happy and wants to make you smile. The person they love is their priority and will they make anything in their power to make the other person feel good. Which we can see directly with HB. Though SYJ is more careful than HB, we must not as well under estimate how much she like or probably love HB. Check how she supported HB in answering questions and ven during their lived interview that she wants to follow HB idea regarding how they want to call the CLOY couple ( 2Ri), how she idolized and looked up to HB as an actor and she is her biggest fan. They shared a strong bond, that even us a viewers feel it. How much more if no one is watching... Forgive me, I cannot really say if it's my delulu mind or my Psych minds is working. Sorry for the long post.

Keep shipping. I am so proud to be "belong" in this fandom or should I say family. Keep on voting and keep safe..

• Like 11
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 2

18 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

This is so cute and funny at the same time. Binjin, destined together since they were wee little kids . :D

@Samsam  Ah i see! I'm smart = Smart Ako. He said it perfectly with the best expression. :D

Yes it does look like someone's gonna be in hot soup for wrongly releasing the CF earlier. The owner even personally tweeted about HB and the endorsement, which means he's putting a lot of priority on this campaign. So that mistake was really a no-no. Even though the PR spin was a good "rescue" action.

Yep, i’m guessing heads will roll. Haha! 

Bench owner, Ben Chan, also confirmed that Hyun Bin will “definitely” be coming to the Philippines. 

And i am already assuming that Hyun Bin will be required to say these words once he gets here:  “Mahal ko kayo” :lol: it means “I love you” 

i hope when gets back to South Korea, he’ll share the filipino words he’ll learn to his Close Friend :lol:

• LOL 6

59 minutes ago, Siti Masithah said:

Just saw the latest Smart PH ad @TotoroSY, turns out to be it's the same car. He's using a BMW for that ad :grin:. I sincerely apologize :)

Ah I was going to post and ask again! So it's really a BMW car?  I was just rewatching the BMW ad posted by fans below, and I guess fans thot HB was shooting a similar BMW campaign. LOL!! No wonder the car rim were different, lol!!  We are clowns hahaha!!

But all is good, cuz the Smart CF is a really good one! I believe it was shot in SK by the SK director (who posed in a picture with HB). Must be an expensive CF...... it's costly to shoot ads in SK. Smart is loaded!!

1 hour ago, Samsam said:

Yep, i’m guessing heads will roll. Haha! 

Bench owner, Ben Chan, also confirmed that Hyun Bin will “definitely” be coming to the Philippines. 

And i am already assuming that Hyun Bin will be required to say these words once he gets here:  “Mahal ko kayo” :lol: it means “I love you” 

i hope when gets back to South Korea, he’ll share the filipino words he’ll learn to his Close Friend :lol:

Oh he already know the words "Mahal ko kayo" so he must have taught it to his BFF already. :D 

P.S. Can't imagine how the heads are rolling cuz of the boo-boo of the early release of Smart CF....They must all be working like crazy over the weekend now to add-on the "surprise" for June 1st.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

^ I don't know the hair for BMW does look long. Plus it is from this month like Smart lol. Bodyluv was filmed in March or something. I only said the Smart CF reminded me of his character in MOTA lol. 

57 minutes ago, Enya said:

My prediction is SYJ will take the Baeksang Grand Prize. There are so many subtle references to her. So subtle you don't notice it but it's there. 

I believe so too. Plus it goes with her "20th anniversary". Plus is it coincidence that 2 TVN shows post CLOY decide to reference 2 of SYJ movies :lol:.. like I get if it is just one :P

Her silence is killing me lol especially after all the new Binnie updates

Bringing back his embarrassment for the "lousy captalist heart" lol

During TVN interview when he laughs so hard at SYJ preparing an acrostic poem for Yoon Seri and not for Ri Jeong Hyuk.. I laugh even more because he knows how she's a perfectionist like him. Thinking back to that TVN interview, my favorite part is HB's acrostic poem of Yoon Seri. Like I think SYJ was shocked how exactly similar it was to her own except the Ri part lol. But that is what happens when you know each other well as "close friends" you end up sharing the same brain = telepathy or whatever else you would like to call it :P

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Choi sam sook said:

GUYSS! Don’t get distract with HB dimples.. it’s almost midnite in SK, let use our power as  the ahjumma avengers!! 

*CLASP!!!

Here to motivated you... ladies and gentlemen,

I've already done voting for both BinJin tonight. I keep thinking about TikTok these few days (I don't even care about it before :sweatingbullets:) just because want to do our job as a shipper.

Because I've fall in love with HB dimples and SYJ smiles, here I am. Voting for them, and repeatedly watching CLOY.

:phew:

• Like 3
  • Love 6

50 minutes ago, Siti Masithah said:

Just saw the latest Smart PH ad @TotoroSY, turns out to be it's the same car. He's using a BMW for that ad :grin:. I sincerely apologize :)

I got distracted by his good looks that I didn't look at the car lol. Although the BMW in the teaser, you can tell from that the license plate matches the behind the scenes set pics the director posted. I tried to rewatch the Smart CF and pause on the car but the car in that one goes too fast lol. Still looks like different cars to me though

Anyways based on the similar looks of HB between BMW and Smart, it is clear they were filmed around the same time. If not the same day lol

• Like 4

If you can participate, please do so. 

The Twitter user added:

We would like to check how much the number of increasing votes we can get if we all vote in the same time.This will be useful for our analysis to plan our further campaign before the deadline on 2 June at 12 am Korean time!

Also, Hyun Bin is looking so great right now. Hope to see both him and Son Ye Jin more on the international stage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

I got distracted by his good looks that I didn't look at the car lol. Although the BMW in the teaser, you can tell from that the license plate matches the behind the scenes set pics the director posted. I tried to rewatch the Smart CF and pause on the car but the car in that one goes too fast lol. Still looks like different cars to me though

Anyways based on the similar looks of HB between BMW and Smart, it is clear they were filmed around the same time. If not the same day lol

I also got confused like you, since the 2 BMWs are different. But actually the BMW CF that the fan posted in their tweet account was NOT a teaser for HB's ad. It was just an example of current BMW ad campaign.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

I also got confused like you, since the 2 BMWs are different. But actually the BMW CF that the fan posted in their tweet account was NOT a teaser for HB's ad. It was just an example of current BMW ad campaign.

That was what I thought too but then someone in HB thread said it was legit lol. And then when i compared the license plates from the behind the scenes pic to the teaser the person was correct = they were the same cars. So who knows.. I know nothing about cars. Basically the BMW CF series is suppose to reveal HB as the driver. So we are still suppose to get more. Unless it was always Smart and we shouldn't expect even more Binnie new CFs lol

I could finally vote again. Guess it takes till 11am EST to reset for me. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, RiRiGaGa said:

2) I've noticed a lot of you have wondered/commented on HB's weight being skinnier again and looking more like his MOTA days and you're wondering if it's by choice. 

As a 15-year old fan since MNIKSS days, take it from me, HB typically is always adjusting and re-adjusting his weight/body image based on whatever character/role he is being asked to play. Being the consummate professional that he always has been, he has always consistently expressed throughout the years that as an actor, it is not about what HE wants to look like, it is about looking the part of whatever character he is being asked to bring to life. He answered once in an interview what he thinks is his best physical feature and you're thinking he was gonna state the obvious: DEEP DIMPLES, PERFECT TEETH, TALL NOSE, SOULFUL EYES..the grocery list goes on and on..but HB of course always comes back with a unique answer: my "HAIR." And it's not for the reason that his close friend YJ gave for why his hair is so perfect: "It's so silky and shiny."..and I'm sure it smells good too right, Jinnie? (ESP. after he uses his new BodyLuv shower head or he's back from the sauna, only you would know!),  ;) 

Nope, HB humble response for why his hair is what he thinks is the best feature he offers: "It's because my hair is able to change a lot and fit with my face for whatever character I need to play."  So you see, it's never about his personal visuals and always about his job. How could you not love his humble, full-of-integrity-for-his-craft man? :wub: 

Examples of the many times HB has changed his physical appearance all for the benefit of the character he so aptly brings to life

1) When I saw him in Secret Garden for the first time after a few years of seeing him being pretty normally built, I was seriously SHOCKED by how skinny he was and was actually concerned about this health because I had never seen him so skinny! Some ppl even speculated that he might had jaw surgery and what not. But rest assured, he simply looked that skinny because he felt it was appropriate to lose weight ON PURPOSE to fill his Kim Joo Won role effectively. I believe he lost upwards of 20 lb. for the role! The Kim Joo Won role was eventually going to swap bodies with HJW's female character so he said he wanted to lose weight in order to look more believable once he acted out the female scenes. It sure paid off because he was an absolute RIOT as a female! Also, once you learn more about KJW's backstory and all that he goes through, it really makes sense for him to be as skinny as he is. I thought this was just one of the many reasons why he more than deserved the Baeksang Daesang award that year (while being a bada$s accepting his award in the Marines!) for his SeGa role. He truly went ABOVE and BEYOND for the range that that role required and he was so dedicated that he changed his body to effectively play the character's range! Again, he is such a dang professional! His physical characterization really enhanced his impeccable comedic AND emotional acting in SeGa! 

Thanks! Having seen almost all his previous works now besides his very early ones that I sitll need to finish (ie Snow Queen, Non Stop, Bodyguard, Ireland). It is very clear he changes his looks for his roles. Since you brought up SG, I have noticed how skinny he was then from his interviews then and watching the show. I am watching again his Taxi interview from then. He mentioned he was on IV drip. Hope he was ok. Like even the interviewer mentioned if they should be bringing him to the hospital or something.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

Thanks! Having seen almost all his previous works now besides his very early ones that I sitll need to finish (ie Snow Queen, Non Stop, Bodyguard, Ireland). It is very clear he changes his looks for his roles. Since you brought up SG, I have noticed how skinny he was then from his interviews then and watching the show. I am watching his Taxi interview from then. He mentioned he was on IV drip. Hope he was ok. Like even the interviewer mentioned if they should be bringing him to the hospital or something.

Hi, @ElectricHearts!! No prob! Never need to give me a reason to talk about HB for days! He did get sick near the end of the SeGa and was in the hospital earlier due to exhaustion. From the BTS and interviews, he was filming many of those scenes in the final episodes literally all through the night so that's why he was so tired. They needed to hurry up and finish production of SeGa because he was due to start his military service soon after. After Secret Garden, he also had a HUGE burst of popularity, like they seriously called it the "Kim Joo Won Effect" because everyone would say his famous phrases "Is this your best, are you sure?or "This was hand sewn thread by thread by a famous Italian designer.." LOL and everyone wanted a piece of those ridiculous tracksuits he wore. He seriously started a phenomenon with this iconic role. After SeGa, he got so many love calls just like he is now post CLOY, so he filmed like 7 CFs in like 2 months right before starting military service. So his new list of crazily shooting millions of CFs after a popular work doesn't surprise me. It's really typical HB putting in the grind but hopefully it's because he's saving up for something big this time. ;) Our poor Binnie, always working so hard! That's why he always sick at the end of a drama wrap-up. Too many late nights and hard work! But he seriously never slows down. I hope he gets some much-needed rest with his favorite person soon. Grab a well-crafted beer, Binnie, you've earned it! 

Btw, I recommend all of those things you haven't watched yet. He certainly has a diverse range of roles through the years and you can really see the growth and progression in his acting as he matures. Enjoy! :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1