[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters hhahaha when i say dump, i did't really meant it that way. What i meant was , JY will always sacrifice his life for Pyeha, and if he really does, that's as good as abandoning his family. 

i admire MSA's courage, i mean if JY is in front of me, i'd be so dumbfounded i would just stare blankly at him. 

That's a very good question, i didn't actually question why JY knew about MSA and her photos. Another reason to rewatch! What was MSA's job before she joined the palace? journalist? Could that be why? 

Also, there was a scene where JY was taking photos of the staff including MSA. what was that for again? 

@SCSfanz Oh yea true !!! Ah I'm just hoping that eventually, KOC Eun Bi and Kkabi will grow up and take JY's place so that JY's mind and body can get a semi-retirement hahah!!!

Girl I'm right there with you if JY was right in front of me too hahah!! I actually would be like HELLLLOOO and then just continue to stare like a dumb idiot hahaha!!

Yea right? It always strike me as hella odd because MSA did ask him, "How did you know I was here?", to which he didnt say anything. 

As for MSA's job before she joined the palace, I don't think they mentioned anything. All I know about MSA is the following (I might be missing something though):

1) She writes fan fiction under the name Jo-Gon Jo-Gon

2) She's been trying for a job at the palace for 4 years now and during those 4 years Lady Noh has been watching her

3) She comes from a pretty affluent family that lives in Canada

4) She doesnt have many friends and only has 1 childhood friend that she meets with often (wonder who that 1 childhood friend is lol)

5) She like Nari owns a bunch of buildings too except the buildings she owns are in Canada 

For that scene where JY takes pics of her and another female staff member is because he wanted to use random female pics as a sort of lineup for that gangster mob guy to properly identify Luna. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Ehhhhh this is so much hotter than what we got :bawling:

Lol, this is why i said i also wanted to use the green dumpster on producer nim. This kiss was hot at this angle but instead, we got TE covering LG’s face while kissing him in the episode instead  :expressionless:

27 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

It would have been the biggest backlash in Kdramas ever but Kudos to her tho she dodged a bullet and gave a worthy ending 

she made a wise choice ;) she is a great writer but shitty endings are a no-no. 

• LOL 8

7 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Btw where does everyone get these BTS? I searched for the BTS videos on youtube but I cannot find any (the BTS of earlier episodes seems to have been removed too)

I cannot view from the SBS YT channel because it's restricted :tears:

They have been removed really. Have you check out on dailymotion perhaps they have posted it there as well

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

she made a wise choice ;) she is a great writer but shitty endings are a no-no. 

Shitty endings can be anti climactic. But luckily she didn't go GoT route and have taken a detour and changed directions 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

202006181523774584_5eeb0fd98b3ba.jpg

Good Data Corporation, a TV analysis agency,  has released its survey on June 15 after analyzing netizens' reactions from news articles, blogs, communities, videos and SNS for 22 dramas that are or are scheduled to be broadcast from June 8 to 14.

SBS' "The King: Eternal Monarch" ended with the drama topping the list for two consecutive weeks. Lee Min-ho topped the popularity list, while Kim Go-eun ranked fourth.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111377026

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Heilo said:

They have been removed really. Have you check out on dailymotion perhaps they have posted it there as well

Some fans might have gotten hold of them and probably have them posted somewhere far and safe from SBS. I know fans and shippers they download the entire thing normally so if people look around they might find them

3 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Some fans might have gotten hold of them and probably have them posted somewhere far and safe from SBS. I know fans and shippers they download the entire thing normally so if people look around they might find them

I was thinking the same and where do shippers get from all these footage circling online 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I was thinking the same and where do shippers get from all these footage circling online 

Some of them might have downloaded on their laptop's to generate these tweets and insta videos you see everywhere is my guess or they posted the videos on unregulated platforms outside of the mainstream platforms 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Some of them might have downloaded on their laptop's to generate these tweets and insta videos you see everywhere is my guess or they posted the videos on unregulated platforms outside of the mainstream platforms 

SBS won't be able to delete from these websites but why release them first if you are gonna delete it anyways

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@gwin you know, i had the same thinking. I was wondering how the scene in episode 10 is different from episode 15, yet it both carries the same essence. I then thought if it was actually a foreshadowing since in episode 10, LG hasn’t gone through 26 years of traveling yet 

It was not foreshadowing it actully happened and was an event that took place and I am gonna try to explain this as best as possible. 

Each timeline has Past-Present-Future set in stone. All 3 timelines past meet each from where the timeline reset happens which is 94 and now that we know this we got Present(2020) and Future (2021 up until 2070+) each timeline has past and future? 

That specific timeline's future self travelled back to 2020 and gave JTE flowers and the question is which year did he come from we don't know? could be anywhere 2020-2030 in the future. The question is how did he do this? because time was not altered yet and again we come back to the same conclusion both the present and future is set in stone, written down and have already happened which is why he could travel back and meet her in episode 10 but we are not finished here what happened is that LG-2020 went back to 94  on the night of treason 2 and reset the time which made the flowers vanish and also made that future timeline vanish (puff it never happened) because he altered that time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

It was not foreshadowing it actully happened and was an event that took place and I am gonna try to explain this as best as possible. 

Each timeline has Past-Present-Future set in stone. All 3 timelines past meet each from where the timeline reset happens which is 94 and now that we know this we got Present(2020) and Future (2021 up until 2070+) each timeline has past and future? 

That specific timeline's future self travelled back to 2020 and gave JTE flowers and the question is which year did he come from we don't know? could be anywhere 2020-2030 in the future. The question is how did he do this? because time was not altered yet and again we come back to the same conclusion both the present and future is set in stone, written down and have already happened which is why he could travel back and meet her in episode 10 but we are not finished here what happened is that LG-2020 went back to 94  on the night of treason 2 and reset the time which made the flowers vanish and also made that future timeline vanish (puff it never happened) because he altered that time

I understand what you said but can you elaborate further on it with clearer details because it can be confusing for the layman reading it but it is correct how you put it but needs elaboration and written down in easy way 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

It would have been surreal and if it was anything like that it would have been much worse ending then what you mentioned. 

- LG would have to be dethroned as king and die in the last battle killed by JTE

- JY would have to die in the last battle

- JTE would have to forget everything and lose her job as cop and get exiled to the wilderness into North Korea fleeing authorities 

- SJ dies in the last battle

- LL dies in last battle

- Jangmi, cop seniors also die in the last battle 

- Some random cop who we didn't see becomes the hero of the show with the police force

- LG's cousin the villian gets the throne 

Swear to the Drama Lords I have been watchng since a Kid, THIS ENDING would Lead to a S2 The King REINCARNATED MONARCH to Resolve everlasting WOUNDS...

:crazily:

• LOL 4

1 minute ago, Geolyvseven said:

The back-shoot of this scene was beautiful and I had couple of gifs from this scene but unfortunately lost them

Do you have gifs saved on your desk or somewhere? And did you manage to save or download the BTS footage before it was deleted. I haven't really watch it waiting to watch it later to ease my withdrawals 

• Like 2

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

Do you have gifs saved on your desk or somewhere? And did you manage to save or download the BTS footage before it was deleted. I haven't really watch it waiting to watch it later to ease my withdrawals 

Yes I have saved around 400 gifs so far lmao:joy: I have TKEM map on my laptop and to be honest I am still in collection period as I am collecting more but unfortunately didn't manage to download the BTS but however I did download the series full 16 episodes and OST 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I understand what you said but can you elaborate further on it with clearer details because it can be confusing for the layman reading it but it is correct how you put it but needs elaboration and written down in easy way 

That was not to complicated in my opinion it was an easy explaination and don't see it being possible to elaborate further