[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@Wis dom All my answers were already answered by @Heilo but i will like to add something to that.

It was not only civil wars but also japanese invasion that kept the population lower perhaps is implied 

Thanks for the correction. These invasions kinda slipped from my mind 

I am just stopping by to say that I caught up to this one in the last two days and I am having an existential crisis trying to get over how beautiful every little detail was so here's a little thing I did 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

There are other invasions like the chinese which also didn't happen likely in KOC perhaps also the mongolian invasion 

Some of these invasions happened way back in the day tho and technically won't count as both countries would have experienced these wars just the same way except the recent Japanese invasions and civil war. 

Which means KOC has gone thru similar journey and has experienced these 1600s chinese invasions and perhaps also Mongol invasions 

• Like 1

Of course, im grateful that it ended happily, it didnt go Goblin on us.... but it could have been better.

I was initially confused, in the last episode, Yeong retained his memories. But when LG and JTE accidently went bk to LG world which he left a few minutes ago, and met Yeong and the royal guards, how come Yeong didnt remember TE? Or is it a different parallel universe again?

Ps. Whats with the donate points suddenly on the thread?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, realistic2280a said:

Of course, im grateful that it ended happily, it didnt go Goblin on us.... but it could have been better.

I was initially confused, in the last episode, Yeong retained his memories. But when LG and JTE accidently went bk to LG world which he left a few minutes ago, and met Yeong and the royal guards, how come Yeong didnt remember TE? Or is it a different parallel universe again?

He did remember her but it's just his personality his stiff guy and doesn't show much emotions and disciplined. So thats why he didn't do ES when he saw her there. 

The forum crashed yesterday I believe and went into default mode which is the older forum default 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Some of these invasions happened way back in the day tho and technically won't count as both countries would have experienced these wars just the same way except the recent Japanese invasions and civil war. 

Which means KOC has gone thru similar journey and has experienced these 1600s chinese invasions and perhaps also Mongol invasions 

These invasions didn't happen in KOC nor did the chinese or mongol. History changed in 600 CE something where both countries went separate 

8 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

These invasions didn't happen in KOC nor did the chinese or mongol. History changed in 600 CE something where both countries went separate 

You are right now that I recall it 

15 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Annyeong @Ilmo yens Since you have finished watching TKEM, mind to share with us here what's your view.:love:

Thank you for the welcome. 

My view is positive on TKEM and I can't get over it so far and I am about to begin my rewatch

• Like 1

Lee Min Ho and The King on SBS NEWS!! :glasses:  (Number 1 most followed on SNS+ Wavve+ Netflix+ World Ranking #9)- All mentioned in the news. 

Lee Min-ho, the No. 1 influential influence of Korean Wave... The drama'The King' also pays attention.
Input 2020.06.17 14:48
출처 : SBS 뉴스
Actor Lee Min-ho boasted a unique presence as a Korean wave star by recording an overwhelming number of followers on social media. As of yesterday (16th), Lee Min-ho's Facebook and Instagram followers exceeded 17 million and 16 million respectively, and China's SNS Weibo also broke through 28 million. It is the largest record among domestic actors. The SBS drama'The King: Lord of Eternity', starring Lee Min-ho, is also attracting attention on the online video service platform. Wave maintains the top ranking in the drama for seven weeks in a row, while Netflix holds the top ranking in TV shows weekly rankings in Korea, Hong Kong, and Malaysia. In the world ranking,'The King' is the only ninth place among domestic works, adding strength to K content and the Korean Wave.
출처 : SBS 뉴스 원본 링크 : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005840359&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSNEWSMOBEND
https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005840359&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE

credit as tagged

• Like 6
  • Awesome 3

Haha in other news, KYJ aka Nari/MSA commented, "Jo Yeong is gone now", on WDH's pic (he captioned "In Summer")  :love::

UefSGv6.jpg

The irony of this scene in TKEM haha.......Looks like it was describing the real life romance between JY/WDH and MSA/KYJ after all :heart3::

EaVO34sWkAEJrbO.jpg

15 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters sleep well! You stayed up too late drawing canvas and analyzing theories :D

@vangsweetie637 I just woke up hahaha I sleep in total nearly 48 hours :

HFuYhtC.png

16 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters oh yeah! his hair looks kinda brownish? not sure if it's the lighting.  was that photo of es/nari photoshopped? technology is kinda scary nowadays lol. 

@SCSfanz yea thats what I was thinking hahha it really does look more reddish brown hahah!! Haha yea that pic of ES/Nari was photoshopped hahahah!!!

Edited:

Oh with Lady Noh retaining her memories, I really do think she did retained her memories. Why? It all went back to my analysis of Yo-Yo kid and how he was only concerned with people who were centralized to LG's life and line. Meaning that Yo-Yo kid allowed JTE, JY, Prince B, and Lady Noh to retain their memories because they would ensure LG's life and line would remain eternal. Other indictions that Lady Noh remembered was LG/JTE's convo of who else remembered previous events and was located in the palace at the present moment: two people JY and Lady Noh. Plus just look at Lady Noh's behavior when she saw JTE in the mask lol. Had it been some random girl, Lady Noh would have behaved as rudely, unfriendly, and suspicious as the first time she met JTE.

I like so many others weren't aware of the big role Yo-Yo kid played until the final episode. He was concerned with LG because LG was the only one who would be the holder/owner of the flute who ruled all the other worlds, hence why Yo-Yo kid was present throughout all of LG's life and in the lives of people who were a big factor in LG's life aka JTE, Lady Noh, and JY.

Just also look at KSJ/KHM and ES, since in a previous timeline those two were good to LG and had helped him out, so as a reward Yo-Yo kid allowed them in the next reset to live a good life/retain traces of memories from their previous life. For example, the confidence ES gained previously from his time in KOC, translated into him becoming a confident NIS agent in the new timeline lol. Also the traces of memories KHM had of being a cop in ROK translated to him being a cop in KOC in the new timeline. Lets also not forget, Yo-Yo kid sent LG to the portal of 1994 ROK to save the life of KSJ in ROK. As for JY, on top of retaining his memories, Yo-Yo kid rewarded him with something he had desperately wanted from ES's life which were the twin siblings lol. I mean shoo if I had taken that many bullets for LG, I would want a bigger reward than just memories of previous events lol. 

Long story short, if you were good to LG in the previous timeline, Yo-Yo kid would reward you in this new timeline to a certain extent (meaning the more you had helped LG, the bigger the reward from Yo-Yo kid) lol.

46 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

TKEM has that effect for me but the worst withdrawal i last experienced has to be GoT and especially i will never forgive that writer and PD they wasted my time 8 seasons gosh and i felt as if they pissed on my face in the end.. Worst ending ever the show ended in riot

@Joanna Alfson Got to admit the same for me. Believe me, I never got over the ending of GoT lol. Like what Queen D got stabbed in the heart by Jon Snow her lover.....I had always thought Jon Snow was like JTE and Queen D was LG, but at least in TKEM LG didn't turn out to be a bad monarch due to lost of everyone he loved and JTE/Jon Snow didnt have to stab him metaphorically in the heart lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@Elnin Joery I even started watching Boys Over Flowers again, but Fluffy Head just made me miss LG's perfectly parted hair.  So then I tried Lobster again because HJJ's curly Spain hair is my favorite on him EVER, but then I started missing KGE, so I watched Goblin, but the age difference still doesn't work for me. 

So then I just rewatched episode 6 again to see if hindsight made the Navy battle better, but it really didn't still.  But then I watched episode 11/12 and got beheaded and everything was okay again.

@Heilo But I'm BORED haha!  I need something to watch since we're still in lockdown.  It's funny - I thought I loved CLOY and TKEM the same, but when CLOY was on, I still watched everything else I normally do.  Reality shows, sitcoms, My Holo Love was airing at the same time...nope.  TKEM is all or nothing. 

Maybe I'll start baking again.  I was baking bread like nobody's business mysteriously until TKEM episode 5/6 came out...haven't touched the oven since then.   I wonder if there's a correlation :bawling:  It's like we all lived in a dream world for 6-8 weeks.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just take it like that :

If the screenwriter was good, you wouldn't be confused. ;)

• LOL 1

22 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@Elnin Joery I even started watching Boys Over Flowers again, but Fluffy Head just made me miss LG's perfectly parted hair.  So then I tried Lobster again because HJJ's curly Spain hair is my favorite on him EVER, but then I started missing KGE, so I watched Goblin, but the age difference still doesn't work for me. 

So then I just rewatched episode 6 again to see if hindsight made the Navy battle better, but it really didn't still.  But then I watched episode 11/12 and got beheaded and everything was okay again.

@Heilo But I'm BORED haha!  I need something to watch since we're still in lockdown.  It's funny - I thought I loved CLOY and TKEM the same, but when CLOY was on, I still watched everything else I normally do.  Reality shows, sitcoms, My Holo Love was airing at the same time...nope.  TKEM is all or nothing. 

Maybe I'll start baking again.  I was baking bread like nobody's business mysteriously until TKEM episode 5/6 came out...haven't touched the oven since then.   I wonder if there's a correlation :bawling:  It's like we all lived in a dream world for 6-8 weeks.

I feel the same way so there’s definitely a correlation. We were all living in a dream and still living in a dream. Now it’s time to wake up but we don’t want to.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I feel the same way so there’s definitely a correlation. We were all living in a dream and still living in a dream. Now it’s time to wake up but we don’t want to.

Poor things.  :weary:

I really can't do anything for you right now, you need to go through withdrawal.
Drama much stronger than that will do the trick.
But how are you going to cut the cord?
When I saw my favourite work several years ago, I was able to do so.  :weary:
And I saw two great dramas after that.  :weary:
Not as good in comparison, but enough to make a step between two rewatches.
Was it luck, or was it talent?  :weary:

Are you so weak ?  :weary:

I say this while remaining humble and modest.  :weary:

• LOL 1