[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Maximus, the clingy horse :lol:

cr: Byul E

img.gif

img.gif

@Thong Thin Even if you're in lockdown, seeing LMH eating the bbq chicken with much gusto makes you want to go out and search for a store selling them :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@AgentQuake @SweetButters are we talking about whether JY/ES makes a better bf? I think ES is a better bf/husband cos he is so devoted, but JY is just too dreamy.  Also JY will probably dump his wife and family for pyeha LOL. As for nari/msa. MSA wins for sure because she is more aggressive. She probably wears the pants in the relationship lol. Also, i read the character profile on SBS' page and apparently Nari owns the cafe, including the the taekwondo building that TE's family uses, so she is freaking rich!

@SCSfanz HAHAHAH but would JY really dump his wife and family for our Pyeha? Probably not, hence why JY kept his relationship with MSA a secret because JY didn't want LG to face the reality that JY just dumped LG for a girl hahahahha!!!! Poor Pyeha just figured out he's not the most important person in JY's life after all hahah!!!

CzsRTln.png

Not the first time JY has lied to LG with a straight face just so that LG can continue to be in a happy mood/world :joy::

31l0qDQ.png

XnuLm35.png

Haha so both MSA and Nari are rich !!!! I guess both MSA and Nari wears the pants in the relationship, but yea MSA is definitely more aggressive than Nari in terms of getting what she wants hahahah!!! I mean MSA had the guts to give out her number to intimidating JY (even though it was ES lol)!!!  I think JY is probably if not more devoted than ES towards people he loves hahah!!! You betcha bottoms he probably would be following MSA everywhere she went in the shadows (breaking anyone's fingers/necks that dares to touch her) haha!!!

I'm still not sure how he even knew she was at the cafe the "first time" they met lol. Maybe he had been lurking in the shadows since the first time he saw her at the rowing competition looool. Haha things MSA and JY have in common....they're both stalkers of people they like lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Glad that you enjoyed your time sharing and spazzing with us! :D This thread is still alive so come on by to visit ;)

Thank you! Oh I enjoyed the show so much! 

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Welcome and hope you enjoy  your stay here.

Thank you! I hope you have fun.

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

Thank you for joining in the discussion! I'm glad you had fun watching the show :)  

Thank you! I hope you have fun too!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

You were not the only but it would have caught fire on social media hence we have a large shipper base and other viewers rooting for the leads if things have gone bitter at the end it would have caused a riot against KES that would have tainted her career because once you hurt these viewers they will haunt you forever

lol i can only imagine how social media would have blown up. I saw how Goblin went so I am glad KES chose a better alternative for TKEM ;)

@SweetButters lol, no shower for 2 days. You beat my record but not LG’s, of course. Mine is only 1 day :sweat_smile:

@Thong Thin i listen to the osts every day and remember exactly which scene comes on when the ost is played lol. GoT is an American TV series called “Game of Thrones.” Quite popular here but seems like it went downhill with the seasons.

@gwin you know, i had the same thinking. I was wondering how the scene in episode 10 is different from episode 15, yet it both carries the same essence. I then thought if it was actually a foreshadowing since in episode 10, LG hasn’t gone through 26 years of traveling yet :blink:

Edit:

yess! I finally was able to change my profile picture back to the same one before the baddie! I served my punishment longer than I thought haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, gwin said:

Thanks. 

But it could not have been LG from the future wearing that coat in that scenario.

There were only two instances where LG got possession of the whole flute:

1.    After LG, JY and SJ captured LR in ROK and brought him to the forest.  LG was not wearing the coat at that time,  so the visit could not have happened at that time.

2.   After he killed LR.   But the moment he killed LR, the reset happened.  Which means that everything that happened after LR went to ROK in Episode 1 was erased.  So that JTE in that point in time could not have happened.

1. Everything happened in that same timeline but it was the future LG of that same timeline before the reset took place meaning before he went back to the night of treason 2 that timeline has also future that you forgot to consider that LG is from that timelines future because the events still took place and was set in stone but what he did is go back and alter the time and you saw that the flowers vanished after the night of treason 2 which means it altered both the present and future. 

2. We also saw that time was still stopping completely and in longer caps this time when he visited her in episode 10 and my thinking is that he killed future Lee Lim but the flute was still half and time was still stopping and would have stopped completely.

Night of Treason 1: Epi 1

Night of Treason 2: epi 15

Night of treason 3: epi 16

Night of treason= NOT

All these 3 timeline's also have future set in stone that you didn't consider that LG from episode 10 is from pre-NOT 2 future timeline where he got hold of both halves of the flute but it doesn't function as the whole flute and time still stops  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz HAHAHAH but would JY really dump his wife and family for our Pyeha? Probably not, hence why JY kept his relationship with MSA a secret because JY didn't want LG to face the reality that JY just dumped LG for a girl hahahahha!!!! Poor Pyeha just figured out he's not the most important person in JY's life after all hahah!!!

Not the first time JY has lied to LG with a straight face just so that LG can continue to be in a happy mood/world :joy::

Haha so both MSA and Nari are rich !!!! I guess both MSA and Nari wears the pants in the relationship, but yea MSA is definitely more aggressive than Nari in terms of getting what she wants hahahah!!! I mean MSA had the guts to give out her number to intimidating JY (even though it was ES lol)!!!  I think JY is probably if not more devoted than ES towards people he loves hahah!!! You betcha bottoms he probably would be following MSA everywhere she went in the shadows (breaking anyone's fingers/necks that dares to touch her) haha!!!

I'm still not sure how he even knew she was at the cafe the "first time" they met lol. Maybe he had been lurking in the shadows since the first time he saw her at the rowing competition looool. Haha things MSA and JY have in common....they're both stalkers of people they like lol.

@SweetButters hhahaha when i say dump, i did't really meant it that way. What i meant was , JY will always sacrifice his life for Pyeha, and if he really does, that's as good as abandoning his family. 

i admire MSA's courage, i mean if JY is in front of me, i'd be so dumbfounded i would just stare blankly at him. 

That's a very good question, i didn't actually question why JY knew about MSA and her photos. Another reason to rewatch! What was MSA's job before she joined the palace? journalist? Could that be why? 

Also, there was a scene where JY was taking photos of the staff including MSA. what was that for again? 

12 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

The movie must have come out last year? I will check out tempted do you think it's better then my country?

@Flloy House yup i think it was last year. Personally i'm not a romance story kind of person so i'm actually hesitating to watch tempted.  i like action stuff, so i'd choose my country over tempted any day. 

4 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters lol, no shower for 2 days. You beat my record but not LG’s, of course. Mine is only 1 day :sweat_smile:

@vangsweetie637 @SweetButters guys, we are in the middle of pandemic , please watch your hygiene and shower unless you have access to the flute and able to hide in between worlds where covid does not exist  :joy:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

1. Everything happened in that same timeline but it was the future LG of that same timeline before the reset took place meaning before he went back to the night of treason 2 that timeline has also future that you forgot to consider that LG is from that timelines future because the events still took place and was set in stone but what he did is go back and alter the time and you saw that the flowers vanished after the night of treason 2 which means it altered both the present and future. 

2. We also saw that time was still stopping completely and in longer caps this time when he visited her in episode 10 and my thinking is that he killed future Lee Lim but the flute was still half and time was still stopping and would have stopped completely.

Night of Treason 1: Epi 1

Night of Treason 2: epi 15

Night of treason 3: epi 16

Night of treason= NOT

All these 3 timeline's also have future set in stone that you didn't consider that LG from episode 10 is from pre-NOT 2 future timeline where he got hold of both halves of the flute but it doesn't function as the whole flute and time still stops  

Future LG of the same timeline cannot happen.  This is because one can only time travel when one has the whole flute.  I already mentioned the two instances when LG had possession of the whole flute.  

In the first instance (after they captured LR) and brought him to the forest (together with JY and SJ), LG was NOT wearing the glorious coat then.  So this time travelling could not have happened then.

In the second instance (after LR died), you could see that the reset happened right away.   Things started disappearing right away.   LG even went back for JY first before "opening the doors in the universe".       So how could future LG have gone back to that point in time and given JTE flowers, when that point in time was already erased (never happened).

If what you're saying is that LG travelled back in time BEFORE he and JY went to the night of the treason, it also doesn't make sense because didn't the yo-yo kid say that the flute will only take you back to the time you need to "save yourself".  At that point (when the flute was not yet whole), LG did not have control yet of what point in time he can go back to, only that he can go back to 1994.  That being said, this is the only scenario where it would make sense from a timeline perspective, but it does not make sense given what yo-yo kid said.    (And then it would also not make sense why the flowers disappeared in Episode 15, when at that point future LG had not yet given those flowers to JTE)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@Flloy House yup i think it was last year. Personally i'm not a romance story kind of person so i'm actually hesitating to watch tempted.  i like action stuff, so i'd choose my country over tempted any day. 

@vangsweetie637 

Action? Thanks but I will opt for tempted I will go opposite of action hahaha. 

KGE really kissed that boy 

img.gif&key=d2e1e22648bc4d707e9be78fc556

And here! what is going on. His allover her body:love:

15%2525EB%2525A9%252594%2525EC%25259D%25

• Love 7

46 minutes ago, gwin said:

Future LG of the same timeline cannot happen.  This is because one can only time travel when one has the whole flute.  I already mentioned the two instances when LG had possession of the whole flute.  

In the first instance (after they captured LR) and brought him to the forest (together with JY and SJ), LG was NOT wearing the glorious coat then.  So this time travelling could not have happened then.

In the second instance (after LR died), you could see that the reset happened right away.   Things started disappearing right away.   LG even went back for JY first before "opening the doors in the universe".       So how could future LG have gone back to that point in time and given JTE flowers, when that point in time was already erased (never happened).

If what you're saying is that LG travelled back in time BEFORE he and JY went to the night of the treason, it also doesn't make sense because didn't the yo-yo kid say that the flute will only take you back to the time you need to "save yourself".  At that point (when the flute was not yet whole), LG did not have control yet of what point in time he can go back to, only that he can go back to 1994.  That being said, this is the only scenario where it would make sense from a timeline perspective, but it does not make sense given what yo-yo kid said.    (And then it would also not make sense why the flowers disappeared in Episode 15, when at that point future LG had not yet given those flowers to JTE)

What I am trying to tell you is that each timeline has also 'FUTURE'' the LG you saw is that timeline's future LG hence why when NOT 2 happened the flowers vanished. 

Past-present-future all set in stone on before hand you see this... It can be broken with something like altering example like NOT. 

The LG who existed in that timeline came back from the future where he hit a wall probably even tho he got the flute he couldn't stop the timestopping that's why he was so sad but his past self altered time so his flowers vanished and that timeline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

lol i can only imagine how social media would have blown up. I saw how Goblin went so I am glad KES chose a better alternative for TKEM ;)

@SweetButters

@Thong Thin

@gwin

It would have been the biggest backlash in Kdramas ever but Kudos to her tho she dodged a bullet and gave a worthy ending 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

WDH mentioned in his latest interview that my country took 8 months. so it was non stop for him. but he also did mention that he didn't want to rest. i saw that he did movies in between as well. busy busy guy!

Same yet different. 

I have hard time believing that 8 months back to back filming that is to brutal but honestly Dramas and movies filming period is 4 months so that 8 months filming for My country is hard to pay without solid evidence and hack filming the Avengers doesn't even take 8 months and the only reason TKEM took 8 months was due to re-shooting and covid19 otherwise they would have wrapped it up much earlier 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Ehhhhh this is so much hotter than what we got :bawling:

I even saw behind the scenes of that CCTV kiss it was also hot dayum and imo they really have this tension between them and you can feel it because it's powerful whatever it is 

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Ehhhhh this is so much hotter than what we got :bawling:

Hahaha. I wouldn't have minded if they dropped the ball on SBS and went all in but the only hindrance were the endorsements they might get pissed off

4 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I even saw behind the scenes of that CCTV kiss it was also hot dayum and imo they really have this tension between them and you can feel it because it's powerful whatever it is 

The tension i felt it ever since the begining and to be honest this pairing had alot inconsiderate potential inside and outside drama 

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The tension i felt it ever since the begining and to be honest this pairing had alot inconsiderate potential inside and outside drama 

The TENSION was definitely there and I also felt like the vibe was different because it was not like I hold your hand and you hold my hand type of tension but lets just grip out our clothes finish the business type 

• LOL 2