[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@Joanna Alfson HAHHA for real. Just imagine if TKEM went like the GoT ending......LG turned out too jaded by all the people he lost (JY would have died and he would've ended using the flute/dragons for evil) and in the end JTE/Jon Snow would've been the one who put an end to it all. Meaning she would've erased everyone else's memories. Then JTE's would become like Bran the Three Eye Raven (holding all the history of GoT/TKEM in his/her head). Then she would've end up like Jon Snow in the sense she had to continue her journey beyond the great wall aka continue her journey as a detective in ROK knowing that now LG was in KOC safe and alive, but he would've never remembered her in the first place or would've ever see her again. WHEWWWWWWWWWW glad it didn't go that way for sure haha. Otherwise I think I would be like @vangsweetie637 in helping toss KES haha. Thank the gods there was Yo-Yo kid throughout it all hahaha, GoT could have had a Yo-Yo kid god to save everything haha!

It would have been surreal and if it was anything like that it would have been much worse ending then what you mentioned. 

- LG would have to be dethroned as king and die in the last battle killed by JTE

- JY would have to die in the last battle

- JTE would have to forget everything and lose her job as cop and get exiled to the wilderness into North Korea fleeing authorities 

- SJ dies in the last battle

- LL dies in last battle

- Jangmi, cop seniors also die in the last battle 

- Some random cop who we didn't see becomes the hero of the show with the police force

- LG's cousin the villian gets the throne 

• LOL 5

5 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@AgentQuake HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH IM DEAD!!! ALL OF THAT IS SO TRUE !!!!!!!!! MSA HAD IT ALL THE ENTIRE SERIES !!!! What a freaking lucky gal hahhah!!!!

If there was a competition between Nari and MSA of who's the loser now, Nari would definitely be a loser in comparison to MSA :joy:. MSA had the better hobby (sorry Nari with your palm reading hobby), job (working in the palace vs coffee shop), and better bf/bed buddy (sorry ES, but I wouldn't trust you to protect me and I would prefer hot chili in bed over vanilla) :love:

@AgentQuake @SweetButters are we talking about whether JY/ES makes a better bf? I think ES is a better bf/husband cos he is so devoted, but JY is just too dreamy.  Also JY will probably dump his wife and family for pyeha LOL. As for nari/msa. MSA wins for sure because she is more aggressive. She probably wears the pants in the relationship lol. Also, i read the character profile on SBS' page and apparently Nari owns the cafe, including the the taekwondo building that TE's family uses, so she is freaking rich!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 6/16/2020 at 4:47 AM, SweetButters said:

@Narine Joa yea those were the old days, but like I said the actors and actresses have other projects too. Plus WDH is about to be enlisted in the military. Most western shows can continue how ever they like since joining the military isn’t a requirement in a lot of western countries. So then actors can do more projects or whatever else. Like I said, writer KES doesn’t write 2 seasons of anything ever. Plus LMH hasn’t ever done a 2nd season of anything either. You have to be aware that it’s not only about the production or distributor, but the schedules of the actors and actresses of the show too. 

WDH is out since he has MS, but LMH does not seem to have anything lined up yet and I heard that KGE has almost finished shooting her movie ( not sure how accurate that news is though)   LMH was interested in a CH 2 though it never happened. WDH started King immediately after completing My country. That was 8 months , then 8 months of King and 8 months of Hero (non-stop) So King Season 2 could start filming in 8 months. It would be enough for KGE or LMH to finish something else. :) They might want to ride on the international wave to be something like GOT.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

@Elnin Joery I even started watching Boys Over Flowers again, but Fluffy Head just made me miss LG's perfectly parted hair.  So then I tried Lobster again because HJJ's curly Spain hair is my favorite on him EVER, but then I started missing KGE, so I watched Goblin, but the age difference still doesn't work for me. 

I watched BOF 2 times and can't do it for the 3rd time it's rollarcoaster on first watch but not good on second watch. LOTBS is suitable to rewatch again and again especially these scenes in spain were beautiful.

I wanted to give White lines a shoot but just couldn't bring myself to it for whatever reason must be my TKEM withdrawal issues in play here. 

How do you want a potential season 2 to play out?

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@AgentQuake @SweetButters are we talking about whether JY/ES makes a better bf? I think ES is a better bf/husband cos he is so devoted, but JY is just too dreamy.  Also JY will probably dump his wife and family for pyeha LOL. As for nari/msa. MSA wins for sure because she is more aggressive. She probably wears the pants in the relationship lol. Also, i read the character profile on SBS' page and apparently Nari owns the cafe, including the the taekwondo building that TE's family uses, so she is freaking rich!

I feel like I would murder ES and JY for different reasons.  Although those visuals...

Tyrant LG on the other hand...gimme 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

How do you want a potential season 2 to play out?

I would want them to go deeper on exploring the other universes and as i can see on the poll LG the tyrant is beating LJH. He could enter season 2 with JTR but not as the lead but as major character and we could explore T-LG and JTR side story while LG and JTE get continuity 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

The cinematography in this show was exceptional and especially on the effects and the action scenes they looked dreamy and to forget the double doppleganger capture on the same frame that was some skillful stuff. 

The critics were not about the cinematography but the warship since some people reaching for straws pointed out that it was japanese warship like who cares this is fictional series and i agree the cinematography was exceptional especially when time stopped and even some of the random scenes looked good

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The critics were not about the cinematography but the warship since some people reaching for straws pointed out that it was japanese warship like who cares this is fictional series and i agree the cinematography was exceptional especially when time stopped and even some of the random scenes looked good

You right but that was strange moment but why even care about japanese warship in fiction. I mean like chill out 

speaking about the warship and to just correct you it was actully the Japanese who were riding on something similar to actual korean warships design but hey again it's all fiction 

the-king-eternal-monarch1.jpg

• Like 4

In an effort to try to get over this drama, I wanted to avoid going back here but I can't help it.  Because something has been bugging me.

I'm rewatching certain scenes and I got to the ending of Episode 10.  And until now, I still cannot figure out how that scene makes sense.  Can anyone help me make sense of it?  It really doesn't make sense to me now given how the show ended, I need some closure!

So to recap, in that scene:

1.   Lee Gon is wearing the glorious coat

2.   He tells JTE that he's never said "I love you" to her before

3.   He tells JTE that he came from far away, that he crossed a universe just to get there

Then in Episode 12, JTE sees the glorious coat, and from LG's response it seems he hasn't given her flowers yet, and he hasn't worn that coat yet.   It looks like the first time he wears it is when he and JY go back to 1994 to kill LR.

So how could the last scene in Episode 10 have happened?

We know that one can only go back in time if the flute is whole, so that scene could only happen when LG had the whole flute already after he killed LR.  But after he killed LR, everything reset so he could not have gone back to that point in time in ROK anymore (and this is implied when those flowers disappeared in Episode 15).

Can someone help me understand this?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

You right but that was strange moment but why even care about japanese warship in fiction. I mean like chill out 

speaking about the warship and to just correct you it was actully the Japanese who were riding on something similar to actual korean warships design but hey again it's all fiction 

I agree fiction should remain fiction and the controversy was really low kick and the PD deserves personal apology for that one. It was a low kick on him if you look at it from all angles. His been wronged 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I agree fiction should remain fiction and the controversy was really low kick and the PD deserves personal apology for that one. It was a low kick on him if you look at it from all angles. His been wronged 

Hope to see more of that PD and to be honest I am of the opinion that his scenes and episodes were filmed much better then the other PD. He was more detailed and focussed on beautifying the scenes and giving the actors better angle shoots 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, gwin said:

In an effort to try to get over this drama, I wanted to avoid going back here but I can't help it.  Because something has been bugging me.

I'm rewatching certain scenes and I got to the ending of Episode 10.  And until now, I still cannot figure out how that scene makes sense.  Can anyone help me make sense of it?  It really doesn't make sense to me now given how the show ended, I need some closure!

So to recap, in that scene:

1.   Lee Gon is wearing the glorious coat

2.   He tells JTE that he's never said "I love you" to her before

3.   He tells JTE that he came from far away, that he crossed a universe just to get there

Then in Episode 12, JTE sees the glorious coat, and from LG's response it seems he hasn't given her flowers yet, and he hasn't worn that coat yet.   It looks like the first time he wears it is when he and JY go back to 1994 to kill LR.

So how could the last scene in Episode 10 have happened?

We know that one can only go back in time if the flute is whole, so that scene could only happen when LG had the whole flute already after he killed LR.  But after he killed LR, everything reset so he could not have gone back to that point in time in ROK anymore (and this is implied when those flowers disappeared in Episode 15).

Can someone help me understand this?

Good Morning Soompi and I want to say sorry for not being able to backtrack. 

On-topic:

I am not the most versed in TKEM theories but I will give it a shoot in explaining this to you. 

That LG was from that same timeline and he was only in the future because if you don't reset that time it would have still played out somehow and in that probability he visited her and something could have gone wrong perhaps he killed future LR and got the flute but it was still half but could still travel with it. 

What also proves this is that time was still stopping which means the flute was half and that is why he disappeared from her sight after few minutes because she freezed in time

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Hope to see more of that PD and to be honest I am of the opinion that his scenes and episodes were filmed much better then the other PD. He was more detailed and focussed on beautifying the scenes and giving the actors better angle shoots 

Hope to see him on S2 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

Good Morning Soompi and I want to say sorry for not being able to backtrack. 

On-topic:

I am not the most versed in TKEM theories but I will give it a shoot in explaining this to you. 

That LG was from that same timeline and he was only in the future because if you don't reset that time it would have still played out somehow and in that probability he visited her and something could have gone wrong perhaps he killed future LR and got the flute but it was still half but could still travel with it. 

What also proves this is that time was still stopping which means the flute was half and that is why he disappeared from her sight after few minutes because she freezed in time

Thanks. 

But it could not have been LG from the future wearing that coat in that scenario.

There were only two instances where LG got possession of the whole flute:

1.    After LG, JY and SJ captured LR in ROK and brought him to the forest.  LG was not wearing the coat at that time,  so the visit could not have happened at that time.

2.   After he killed LR.   But the moment he killed LR, the reset happened.  Which means that everything that happened after LR went to ROK in Episode 1 was erased.  So that JTE in that point in time could not have happened.

• Like 4