[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just now, kboramint said:

Okay, I've only watched 10 minutes of Episode 15, and I'm like how is 2020 LR still alive? Didn't 2020 LR go back in time and get killed by 1994 LR. Maybe I should watch the rest of the episode.   

His past self was alive and time went forward 26 years ahead again which means his alive but this time instead of going back again he was caught and he also knew that he killed himself this time  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@madmad min If you think about it, Luna did cross back into ROK. As to why Luna/JTE isnt aging is also the same as why didn't previous versions of people like Nari/SA, JY/ES, Lady Noh, and everyone else age? Its because everyone else is still frozen once they reach a certain time in space and we are essentially viewing their memories. We knew time stopped at 62 times and only briefly resumed 2 times (when flute was whole inside)= 64 and it was during one of those 2 moments that time resumed did ES have another 1 dream so 64 total dreams.

If all time cease to exist and everyone is frozen including you meaning clocks would stop, the particles in your body would stop, the earth would stop rotating. Would you even know you were frozen or how much "time" had passed by? Time stopping everywhere means leaving no trance. You couldn't even say "time" stopped for 2000 years or whatever.

Wow And I am the who wishes Meredith Grey has Alzheimers and is Grey's Anatomy is nothing but her Memories. 

Time Frozen.World Broken.Mind Broken.Until Flute is hole.The only pluspoint--Antiaging.

Cool. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

LG and TE finally have a happy ending

SJ crashes and gives his eyes to TE

TE dies anyway

JY finally is fed up of all this shiz and kills everyone 

destiny fulfilled

Stairways to Heaven mixed with What Happened In Bali. How about we add Faith?

LG and TE are separated. 

TE goes blind from all the crying. 

SJ crashes and gives his eyes to TE.
LG finally is able to find a way back to TE.

They stare at each other for 1 hour straight, smiling.

JY comes and sees, is fed up with them so he shoots them both.

Before LG dies, he says, “Wae? I was about to hug her.” 
JY realizes his mistake, he shoots himself dead.

Destiny is fulfilled.

The end. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

12 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Wow And I am the who wishes Meredith Grey has Alzheimers and is Grey's Anatomy is nothing but her Memories. 

Time Frozen.World Broken.Mind Broken.Until Flute is hole.The only pluspoint--Antiaging.

Cool. :D

@madmad min who knows at this point if we were frozen for a number of popsicles lol. We wouldn't even know it lol. Makes me question even my own reality hahah. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Has anyone discussed the possibility of JTE going back to 1994 and also helping JY and LG take down LR?

I was lurking the reddit thread and someone made a point that the glass fell BEFORE JY and LG walked in the preview? It sounded like LG isn’t intending on prioritize saving himself when he travels back to the savior scene again (based on what he told SJ), implying that he wouldn’t shoot the ceiling first...so maybe JTE gets there before them and shoots the glass? Hmmm...or maybe it’s SJ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, kboramint said:

In my opinion, PM Koo has become pretty much a pointless second female lead. She's just there. I feel that Kim Go-Eun could of played the second female lead herself being Luna.  

Honestly they can just skip having a second female lead. LG is too into JTE to even turn heads for a need for second female lead. PM is there for eye candy. :D

Even JY makes better romance than PM.

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

I am 20 pages behind have not seen all the comments but episode 15 have created more questions:-

1. To go back to 1994 again, both LG and LR must be together with their flutes, correct?  It does not work for JY or SJ. However since LG now has the two halves and he can travel like his ancestors, back in time, lateral, etc without causing time to stop, why did he not go back in time and kill the young LR alone.  Why did he need to ask SJ to bring LR back to the past as well?  He does not need to take LR with him, right???
  2. When LG was travelling through the 26 years going in and out, it seems to me that LR did not realize that or feel the time stops. He only noticed it again when he was strangling the PM that LG had crossed the portal but LG had been crossing the portal the past 4 months many times, enough to warn LR or does crossing in previous years not affect present year so LR does not notice it?
  4. Su Jin is supposed to be the heir if LG dies. He made the law before he plans to leave but she was killed and I believe the heir after her. Two were killed so now LG has no heirs should he die. What will happen then?  Who is the next heir?  The exiled son of Prince Buyeong?
  5. He still plans to go back and he expects to die. Actually if he dies at 8 years old, Prince Buyeong will take over, right?
  6. He said he had the scar because it was his destiny to kill his young self. However JTE plans to take the place of SJ. Can she change the trajectory of fate? 
  7. JTE wants Luna to take her place and be with her father while she leaves to be with LG. She said Luna will live, how?  Do she have a cure for Luna?  Does Luna need an organ? How is she going to get an organ for Luna when she plans to leave almost immediately with LR? She can't donate, she does not have time.
  8. The flowers LG gave JTE when he came from the future disappeared which hints that LG never came from the future to see her. Does that mean he dies (sad ending)  or that he does not need to return from the future because he is in the present with her (happy ending)???
  9. In the preview, is the guy in the military uniform Ji Hun? You can see the name there but I can't read Korean. :D If it is Ji Hun that means the couple in the 1950s is Ji Hun and JTE that end up together? LG dies as a child. but they cannot go back in time though as there is no flute. So is it really the 50s? Both are in ROK and there is not flute in ROK.
  10. So this trip back to the 1994 has both LG and JY going back to the night of treason. I got it right this time so do I get to change from horseshoe to Maximus or LG and JTE ?^_^:)
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I am 20 pages behind have not seen all the comments but episode 15 have created more questions:-

Hahaha. @CallieP seems like your AV has upgraded by losing from a random C to golden horse-shoe. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=8728065

We need a baddie attached to that AV pic. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

This episode was such a rollercoaster ride! I love the episode! It's tearjerker episode but also thrillling! The more we get closer to the ending the more it get super intriguingly intense. 

I can't stop replaying the hospital scenes where LG is staying for days to be with TE. I become so emotional watching it. Looking how TE holds his tip of clothes and didn't sleep in case he would leave her when she wakes up. I'm not easily moved but this is so heartbreaking and realized some tears rolled down my cheeks. Both acting are superb, I rarely cried for romance angst unless they're really delivered well. I mean look at those eyes brimming with tears and it feels like piercing to your heart. Oh writer if don't make them end living happy ever after later I don't think you're living in peace! Their acting always best! 

So even the flute becomes whole again, everything isn't as easy as its expected. If LG must get rid of LR once for all and undo all the imbalance states between the two worlds then making door close, I wonder what will happen with this magical flute once everything is settled down. Will their world will separately forever or what. I am supporting JTE to go to KOC with LR. It feels like she's ready to not return to ROK that is why she puts Luna in her place. 

Oh the scene where LG sends off his cousin for permanent exile is the one that the spoiler he ever posted in his Instagram right. Then the blurred pictures he recently posted must be for something too here. Hahaha. I'm positively waiting for it. 

I read some posts asking where they caught LR. They caught him in KOC. It means SJ is going to KOC along with LG in his return. It's how SJ finally meets his KOC mom and ressolved their past. Then perhaps as LG plans SJ brought him to ROK. This part makes me a bit confused, why would bring him back there when he can imprison him some where down deep in the ground detention while proceeding with other plans. So we're got see more flashback of this next week. 

And did someone ask who is Se Jin? She is the grand daughter of late prince BY. Her father is LR's cousin who just being exiled last time. So in short, she is his nephew and his throne next-line.

But again LR succeeded in killing her. Sigh, he's the source of all this misery and chaos. Can we get only him take responsible for this. He's the one who should suffer more. I would flip the table if they end him just got being shot at the final. That is too easy for him. He must feel the pain for all the things he did. And let our king rest with his future queen. Writer please do this for us, yes??

And I agreed to some opinions who state that this drama is not giving much interest to the many of K-audience. Ironically, this drama is enriched with lots of good stuffs to discuss for us international viewers. Sci-fi and fantasy thing are written perfectly in harmony can make the story become much more interesting. It's why TKEM is appreciated more internationally than domestically. But it's such an old talk that we keep bringing back huh. LOL. Well, despite with some confusion that the drama may cause, I think it's still doing good this far. Even many twists keep coming towards the end, and more questions arises along with it, the story is really exciting to keep me tune in. 

Well, once again we're left hanging to another long freaking week. I want to get the final soon but I don't want it ends either. Ahhh.. can they give us one more special episode since they move the next drama airing to the following week after TKEM ended.  This episode lasted much longer than before, so basically if we count the whole running episodes later, it has more than 16 hours episodes, it is almost 19. Then 1 special episode on next Saturday would be perfect.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

A few thoughts on eps 14 and 15:

1) The editing is a bit sloppy, as if different scenes were put together in a hurry. The eps don't flow smoothly.
2) Eun Seop and Yeong's hug when they said goodbye was adorable!
3) Lee Gon and Lee Rim's final confrontation seemed quite anticlimactic to me... I was like "Well, that's it? They shoot him in the leg and capture him just like that?"
4) Hadn't Lee Rim eaten poisoned food? He even spat some blood... Time had stopped, so the antidote was useless: how was he walking around like that, fine and dandy?
5) Gon and Tae Eul's embrace when they finally met again was (again) the best part of the episode. Their acting is so on point!

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Honestly they can just skip have a second female lead. LG is too into JTE to even turn heads for a need for second female lead. PM is there for eye candy. :D

Even JY makes better romance than PM.

This show dosen't have any triangle and thank god for that tbh that is a concept that has been overdone again and again and again in Kdramas. Two girls fighting for one guy or vice versa where two guys are fighting for one girl 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4