[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

12 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@madmad min haha ok, ill type it out since now I'm too lazy to draw everything out! So you have to see this in the whole grand scheme of things and look at moments relative to the next because saying someone is the past, present, or future means nothing except a bunch of jumble. The only one that has an "eternal" line is LG and all other characters are centered around his line.

LG 1.0 = Original

LG 2.0 = Original + add new memories to JTE

LG 3.0 = Original + new memories + does whatever to erase his memory + goes to portal + flute becomes whole

LG 4.0 = Original + Has no memories of JTE yet + JTE 3.0 adds memories back

JTE 1.0 = Original but does not have any memories because LG 3.0 erased everything and she becomes "LUNA"

JTE 2.0/Luna = Original, but does not have any memory

JTE 3.0 = Original + new memories + kills both LRs + adds the memories of both her and LG to JTE 4.0 this one goes into portal + flute becomes whole

JTE 4.0/"Luna" =Original + new memories + kills both LRs + memories of her and LG

KOC JTE1.0 =Original/ Sacrifices herself for greater good/DEAD

I guess you can see it as how since there's always 2 LGs circulating and 2 JTE's circulating! Basically, its at different event times that LG erases memories and JTE adds back memories.

I understood LG's graph.HOW is JTE 1.0=Luna??, Even if LG3.0 WENT back in time 1950 oR night of Treason, when was it shown that JTE was in KOC? Baby JTE was always in ROK.

ALSO LUNA does not have access to 0-1 passage due to Blood Magic sealing flute to stop aging and get cancer to make her Stale in KOC if somehow even JTE in one loop ended up being stuck there in KOC and turned out to be amenisiatic LUNA.Her aging wouldnt hsve come to a Still.

• Like 3

Can someone explain why PM's mom didn't say the name of the fish? (Mackaerl?) What happened to her and why PM cried? I am behind so many pages and haven't read all the posts. Has anyone already mentioned it? Thanks in advance. :)

1 episode left! :bawling: I will miss TKEM a lot!! These past episodes have been so emotional!!!:tears:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Can someone explain why PM's mom didn't say the name of the fish? (Mackaerl?) What happened to her and why PM cried? I am behind so many pages and haven't read all the posts. Has anyone already mentioned it? Thanks in advance. :)

1 episode left! :bawling: I will miss TKEM a lot!! These past episodes have been so emotional!!!:tears:

PM's mom has been swapped By LR.

LR made arrangements somehow to kill Se-Jin in LA to Stop LG doing another Time travel to stop coup de'tat or Kill LR in hopes that he will not leave KOC.

PM was being extra smart and she did not fulfil her purpose of taking over KOC as queen or anything, so LR exchanged her mom to make sure she does something to make KOC Under her or as a Punishment.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I don't care.

I suppose they eat poisonned food.

Well... I hope.

43 minutes ago, madmad min said:

LR made arrangements somehow to kill Se-Jin in LA to Stop LG doing another Time travel to stop coup de'tat or Kill LR in hopes that he will not leave KOC.

PM mom swap ! Woooooooo! When where how we saw this ?

It's just because she don't know a fish name ?

My google translation was very imprecise here. Here it talk about a pasta food they eat together.

Who is Se-Jin, and why this person die in Los Angeles ?

:grimace:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Unamused 1

I believe the writer didn't follow any timeline rules thus making LG keep changing the past and thus the future is in unpredictable.

The reason why 2020 LR is still alive and talking to NR was becouse what we saw now started from LR back to 1994 was a new timeline where 2020 LR didn't went back in the past thus creating another timeline that there is no LR that getting killed in 1994, making him still alive in 2020.

I know it sound redundant and confusing but that is why when another travel back by LG and JY, there will be new timeline happen. And as for JTe remembering the past, it can be happen like dejavu or some dream. 

Like every timetravel arc, the people around the timetraveler always have the feeling that they knew each other or have this scrapped memories but actually they cannot explain why it happen.

For the one that changing the past, there should be somekind of consequences and i wonder what will happen with JY and LG.

The drama should be in 20 or something lenght to give the explanation about this rules. They forgot to dicussed it deep and let casual viewer scratched their head. 

I assume this is the reason why they abandon the drama since alot of thing left unexplained and you need to figure it out yourself.

Not exciting enough for Korean to discuss since its to science unlike other drama that only discuss about clues or misleading story.

Only international fans like doing this thing. Thus the drama is hit in international side compare to local 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

16 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I understood LG's graph.HOW is JTE 1.0=Luna??, Even if LG3.0 WENT back in time 1950 oR night of Treason, when was it shown that JTE was in KOC? Baby JTE was always in ROK.

ALSO LUNA does not have access to 0-1 passage due to Blood Magic sealing flute to stop aging and get cancer to make her Stale in KOC if somehow even JTE in one loop ended up being stuck there in KOC and turned out to be amenisiatic LUNA.Her aging wouldnt hsve come to a Still.

@madmad min you have to understand the flute becomes whole at two different points in space and time once before when LG and LR had it and again after when LG, LR (blood magic), and JTE had the flute. The time JTE/Luna loses her memory she becomes stuck in KOC (half of flute goes bye bye and her illness progresses because the flute goes bye bye and she doesnt even know where to find the wormhole because she has no memories now) is before the event of LG going to meet JTE in ROK. Baby JTE was not always in ROK, she grew up and travelled to KOC. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

PM mom swap ! Woooooooo! When where how we saw this ?

It's just because she don't know a fish name ?

My google translation was very imprecise here. Here it talk about a pasta food they eat together.

Who is Se-Jin, and why this person die in Los Angeles ?

:grimace:

Pm Koo gave a code word to Her Mum to make sure that SHE IS her Mum in Episode 14. Episode 15 Mum did not say that codeword so yeah.

Se-Jin is Doctor Uncle's grandaughter, His family was prohibited to Enter KOC By Uncle Doctor Prince because of what LR did.UNCLE Doctor Prince's Son was the one who helped LR escape from the night of treason, he was always not trustworthy, so around episode 10 - 11 before dying as well Doctor Uncle Prince asked his son not to come to Koc to meet him and in a seperate discussion with LG it was implied that his grandaughtet would make a good Monarch if something were to happen to both LG and Uncle Doctor Prince.

After Uncle doctor Prince was murdered, his evil son suggesyed that He should be next in line to throne if something happens to Lg, but he Again ordered him to leave after 49 days of Mourning and Se-Jin his daughter who lives in LA or out of KOC will be next in line to throne.

@SweetButters I understood the gist in simpler words, Episode 16 should start with JTE and LR going back to 94 with LG-JY and everyone dying except baby LG and Adult JTE . ADULT JTE is now stuck uP AND has no memory so she becomes Lunatic Luna , alright, How Is she not aging then??? if I got the meaning right that is :)

I can get with this that LUNA is leftover JTE for redo 3 of Coup d'etat her antiaging is something I need to know how is that happening without access to Wormhole.

/*****Ps-Someone can calucate the Timelines Would be help. When did UNCLE DOCTOR PRINCE DIE? It should be AFTER JAN 25 2020 and from that date till 49 Days should be when his son is now Exiled from KOC. Somewhere in between LG travelled back to night of treason and came back to ROK after 13 April 2020.****/

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I getting confused?

I thought this was Prince Buyeong's son, Lee Seung-heon:

75c10637097ce18344aaba5ab2448c2bfa3e1428

bb25ecb6b5457bba6618e43de7fcde0214b3aaf3

But shouldn't he be the same age on the night of treason as he was at the inauguration?:

94dea6b4b4437f81231f1810bcfa31651ecadcf2

I thought that was him with his daughter Se-jin.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 9

Today's episode was so so good! The second half was quite confusing though! Going to have to rewatch it. I don't want it to end but also dont want to wait a week for the finale. 

The last scene was too cool! Some of you can change your DPs now! :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Finally watch the episode on Netflix with sub.

i guess I’m confuse as to where is the event of LG and LR face off taken place? Is it KOC or ROK? Looks like KOC. Can someone confirm? Also, when Ji Hun’s mom poisoned herself, was it at KOC or ROK?

Also, we need LMH X KGE romance drama or movie. :bawling:

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Am I getting confused?

I thought this was Prince Buyeong's son, Lee Seung-heon:

But shouldn't he be the same age on the night of treason as he was at the inauguration?:

I thought that was him with Se-jin.

LMAO :lol::lol:

That was definitely a production oppsy.

He should have been the young one we were introduced to when we found out who LG's savior was. Because if he was that old during the funeral when LG was 8, he should have been around LL's real age of around 70 when we met him after his dad died.

Good catch!!!

This drama has it's many flaws (should have been corrected since they started filming in October of last year) but we still love the craziness ^_^

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

16 minutes ago, scrawford said:

i guess I’m confuse as to where is the event of LG and LR face off taken place? Is it KOC or ROK? Looks like KOC. Can someone confirm? Also, when Ji Hun’s mom poisoned herself, was it at KOC or ROK?

Both the incidents are in ROK.

LG Jy SJ went back to KOC where LG's cousin was exiled and Went agaun back to ROK.

LR LG Faceoff is in ROK where JY shoots LR, that is why LR and SJ are left in ROK , with SJ having LR's half of flute.

Ji Hun Mom also died in ROK, she herself gave the clue to LG to come 2 days before LG's Mum Death Memorial , hence they were able to preplan a bit and capture LR.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

@SweetButters I understood the gist in simpler words, Episode 16 should start with JTE and LR going back to 94 with LG-JY and everyone dying except baby LG and Adult JTE . ADULT JTE is now stuck uP AND has no memory so she becomes Lunatic Luna , alright, How Is she not aging then??? if I got the meaning right that is :)

I can get with this that LUNA is leftover JTE for redo 3 of Coup d'etat her antiaging is something I need to know how is that happening without access to Wormhole.

@madmad min If you think about it, Luna did cross back into ROK. As to why Luna/JTE isnt aging is also the same as why didn't previous versions of people like Nari/SA, JY/ES, Lady Noh, and everyone else age? Its because everyone else is still frozen once they reach a certain time in space and we are essentially viewing their memories. We knew time stopped at 62 times and only briefly resumed 2 times (when flute was whole inside)= 64 and it was during one of those 2 moments that time resumed did ES have another 1 dream so 64 total dreams.

If all time cease to exist and everyone is frozen including you meaning clocks would stop, the particles in your body would stop, the earth would stop rotating. Would you even know you were frozen or how much "time" had passed by? Time stopping everywhere means leaving no trace. You couldn't even say "time" stopped for 2000 years or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Naughty 1

Just watched episode 14 and 15 back to back what a ride that was. 

He went back again this time to kill Lee Rim in 94 and perhaps sacrifice himself along the way in order to break the timeloop. I have a feeling JTE will be there somehow getting the flute from SJ

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, scrawford said:

We need season 2 imo. The show has vast audience already. We can follow LGxJTE on another journey to another world but this time it should be 19+ with dark theme with less romance since they already together while giving us sweet moments here and there. 

19+ means they can deliver bed scenes and multiple of them:sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

PM was being extra smart and she did not fulfil her purpose of taking over KOC as queen or anything, so LR exchanged her mom to make sure she does something to make KOC Under her or as a Punishment.

I thought that was interesting why would he swap PM's mom?

• Like 2