[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

haha Luna is JTE. Original KOC JTE twin had sacrificed herself for the greater good! Since in what ever episode JTE1.0 had said that all it seems like the KOC chief and other guy also worked at the police office like their doppelganger were meant to work for justice so original KOC JTE was the same way. Difference is that now JTE 1.0 just has to go back and put memories in now LG 2.0 and "Luna" aka JTE 2.0 (hence "you will have a long life" lol). BOOM BOTH LRs die (JTE SHOOTS BOTH LRs) JY DOESNT DIE, LG DOESNT DIE .......GOOD PEOPLE LIVE....THE END ! hahaha 

JESUS THEY COULD HAVE NOT DRAGGED THAT WHOLE STUFF OUT !! 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

WHAT IF JO YEONG WAS SO OPPOSED TO JTE AND LG BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT SOMETHING HORRIBLE WOULD HAPPEN BUT HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT WAS AND ASSUMED IT WAS HER

But then he realizes he alone can stop it and bring the King and Queen together.  Because he cares and likes JTE at this point, although his bodyguarding needs some work.  Part of his sacrifice to end LL and to bring the two worlds back to peace will mean the two of them can finally be together OH NOOOO

WHERE IS THE ID CARD?  If LG doesn’t intend to save him  and doesn’t have the card, DOES YEONG HAVE THE CARD?  DOES YEONG PLAN ON GIVING IT TO THE BB LG HE SAVES? 

I Dunn Know Can go EITHER WAY...He is too possesive of the King, Even JTE is scared of Him Lol.

The shows name should have ID THE ETERNAL PARCEL to TRAVEL.

YOUR DP keeps on distracting me to get Kimchi Lol

Spoiler

haha Luna is JTE. Original KOC JTE twin had sacrificed herself for the greater good! Since in what ever episode JTE1.0 had said that all it seems like the KOC chief and other guy also worked at the police office like their doppelganger were meant to work for justice so original KOC JTE was the same way. Difference is that now JTE 1.0 just has to go back and put memories in now LG 2.0 and "Luna" aka JTE 2.0 (hence "you will have a long life" lol). BOOM BOTH LRs die, JY DOESNT DIE, LG DOESNT DIE .......GOOD PEOPLE LIVE....THE END ! hahaha 

JESUS THEY COULD HAVE NOT DRAGGED THAT WHOLE STUFF OUT !! 

@SweetButters your comment in Spoiler again WHAT??? How is LUNA/JTE SAME JTE not parallel world JTE??I mean there is nothing shown like that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I am entertained by what i just watched (twice in a row), but a part of me is still unhappy.  I will sleep on it and maybe I'll have better thoughts in a few hours.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, mouse007 said:

This part I am also curious to find out. Since I understand that Lee Rim is already dead in 2020. Basically 2020 Lee Rim died because 1994 Lee Rim killed him. So does this mean then that LR does not exist past April 13, 2020 when he travelled to 1994? If so I wonder what happens to the flute. I wonder if the little kid is actually the spirit of the flute (he says something like “I want to be whole again”). The way I understand it is that the King is the rightful owner of the manpasijeok and that is likely what the little kid is alluding to when he says that LG’s Destiny. I wonder if by knowing the power of the  flute, and respecting it, will he truly be the owner and therefore be magically restored. Almost like he has to prove himself so to speak. 

I say this because it looks like past kings have used it but have always understood the boundaries. Only this time, LR got involved and took what wasn’t meant to be his and abused it. Therefore, the king LG needs to put things back into place so to speak. 

I have the same question, LR was killed by his younger self so logically, the younger self would live until the day he killed himself then he should vanish so how did he survive past that?  I don't think it was explained well just that he survived his beheading! Huh!

10 hours ago, goldenashes97 said:

But I have a question:

Assuming that the Lee Gon that we've been watching is currently stuck in the place between 0 and 1, and that he's been there for some time (some suggested it was about 4 months), then what happens to the current KOC? Has the king been missing for four months? 

Edit: OMG! Found the answer to my own questions! Lol. Brb. I need to take some meds. This headache is killing me :crazy:

Yes, he was away 4 months but since he went back in time he could pick when to return so he had that control on when to return.  I thought he had to travel  in and out daily but I did not think he could just stay in the in-between land and wait for days but I guess like LR he could. 

• Like 6

If the Jo Yeong thing is real, the other beauty is that in death, Jo Yeong finally freed himself from his destiny.  He saves his life by dying.

When LL is caught, and the danger is over, 1994 smol JY no longer needs to be the Unbreakable Sword, ready to fall on it any moment for the King.  He can grow up to live his own path, without the plan his future had set for himself.

When we pop back into 2020, we will see a new Jo Yeong, one who was free from his chains and duties. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, ms_inquiry said:

Going by filming spoilers there is one possibility which worries me a lot

Hide contents

LG and JTE live out a full life in the past (the photos looked like they were in the 1950s right?), after that LG travels back to the night of treason and kills LL instead of saving himself. Thus un-writing his existence/the whole drama basically. I hate the fact that I even thought of this theory :tears:. I'm hoping that JTE recognizing LJH is an indication that this won't happen, but it might not entail that. She is already wearing the necklace which makes me worry that we will early in the episode have them be happy - for them later to part and LG to erase himself

Sorry had to cut some of your comment.

Oh God, this theory makes sense too but would still be so heartbreaking... 

This episode... :bawling: I think I was about to cry or was crying during the whole episode. Waiting for the finale is going to be rough, post TKEM is going to be the death of me though. :bawling:

• Sad 5

Woah!!! Episode 15 gave me swollen eyes... but the end opened up my eyes.  KES really is an amazing writer. I’m sad the show is ending but I’m ready for Friday again cause I want to know what happens. By the way, how come Lee Lim came back when he was killed by the young Lee Lim? Also, shouldn’t there be two Lee Gons? Sorry I really have hard time grasping the concept of time travel. Lee Min Ho really touches me with his acting especially in front of the hospital. Actually, Kim Go Eun also got me sobbing during that scene. 

• Like 7

Episode 15.
I've detected confusing situations, unknown flashbacks, and so on.
Don't ask me why or how, I don't know either: but I understood the whole episode or almost!
My pleasure as a spectator was therefore above the ordinary !!!
My 3rd favorite episode ex-equo therefore.

I was able to identify a lot of characters that were definitely useless since the beginning. I don't make the list for the moment, but it is getting bigger and bigger. I don't make any additional comments about the skills of the writer, it would be very badly received at the moment. And I prefer to wait for the last episode to take her down from A to Z. AH AH AH AH!!!!

There are two potential plot-holes. (attention, I do not say that it is, it remains to be checked).
The first one: The retro-version of Lee Gon's memories in a double time loop.

At the end, Lee Gon and Jo-Yeong go into the portal to go back in time. All right, that was the duet I had in mind from the start.
But in the meantime, I also thought of Tae Eul, my current VOTE.
Except: they can't go back in time if Tae Eul isn't there at the other portal too, with the other piece of flute that we assume she got from that loser Shin-Jay.
Or maybe there's something I missed, and Lee Gon never gave the flute piece to Shin-Jay? (we don't see him doing that, so it's a grey area). Just another confusing undisclosed thing that's getting us into trouble. Maybe Lee Gon still has both pieces of the flute, or even gave a piece to Jo Yeong. I ask myself too if Tae Eul could use that flute piece because any potential "blood on the flute" problem. But if it's her period week, she should be able to fix it.

For now, it's heading towards a final episode with :
Lee Gon, Jo Yeong, (Tae Eul) in the past.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, JC's Lingxi said:

anyone still wondering when will this happen???

or it is that they are dating and they just teased us in between not giving away the real reason of posting this???? my mind is having all kind of thoughts.... :D 

Last episode. Tae Eul is blind and dying from an eyes cancer.

• Unamused 1

13 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I have the same question, LR was killed by his younger self so logically, the younger self would live until the day he killed himself then he should vanish so how did he survive past that?  I don't think it was explained well just that he survived his beheading! Huh

i think that the past LR who killed himself in 1994 knew when he reached 2020 that even if he goes back in time he will be killed once again ( like LG when he knew that it was him that saved litle LG )  so he decided not to travel back in time and let things happen as it is.

thats my personal understanding.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

The first one: The retro-version of Lee Gon's memories in a double time loop.

At the end, Lee Gon and Jo-Yeong go into the portal to go back in time. All right, that was the duet I had in mind from the start.
But in the meantime, I also thought of Tae Eul, my current VOTE.
Except: they can't go back in time if Tae Eul isn't there at the other portal too, with the other piece of flute that we assume she got from that loser Shin-Jay.
Or maybe there's something I missed, and Lee Gon never gave the flute piece to Shin-Jay? (we don't see him doing that, so it's a grey area). Just another confusing undisclosed thing that's getting us into trouble. Maybe Lee Gon still has both pieces of the flute, or even gave a piece to Jo Yeong. I ask myself too if Tae Eul could use that flute piece because any potential "blood on the flute" problem. But if it's her period week, she should be able to fix it.

Ma friend, I’m trying to understand where your confusion is but I’m not entirely sure what you mean. 

1) care to elaborate more?

2) I thought it was understood that LG gave one half flute to SJ and they planned to travel back on a certain date and time? It wasn’t specifically shown but it was implied. SJ will bring LR, who will be able to access the portal with the flute in his hands. If SJ ends up giving the flute to JTE, she will not go alone, she will take LR with her. At the end of episode 15, JTE already took LR. I assume she asked Luna to help her steal LR. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Last episode. Tae Eul is blind and dying from an eyes cancer.

the stupid Ave Maria just started playing in my head. 

at least no songs from TKEM (yet) have given me the same visceral reaction like Ave Maria

i had a meltdown when it blasted in CLOY 

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Eyes cancer??? Where did that come from????

The classic among the classics : Starway to heavens. Beach scene, during last episodes.

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Ma friend, I’m trying to understand where your confusion is but I’m not entirely sure what you mean. 

1) care to elaborate more?

2) I thought it was understood that LG gave one half flute to SJ and they planned to travel back on a certain date and time? It was specifically shown but it was implied. SJ will bring LR, who will be able to access the portal with the flute in his hands. If SJ ends up giving the flute to JTE, she will not go alone, she will take LR with her. At the end of episode 15, JTE already took LR. I assume she asked Luna to helped her steal LR. 

Wooooo!!

Thank you, you just cleaned a dark area.

So, Tae Eul have to go with Lee Lim. Yeah, I missed that.

Last part of the episode was the most hidden part, and well.... I loose my concentration at this point.

• LOL 3

24 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

And I prefer to wait for the last episode to take her down from A to Z. AH AH AH AH!!!!

I again say You are Brutal Lol.

And no Her Period ain't gonna convince Manpasikjeok to activate Lol She is going with LR to bamboo portal .:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

4 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

The classic among the classics : Starway to heavens. Beach scene, during last episodes.

LG and TE finally have a happy ending

SJ crashes and gives his eyes to TE

TE dies anyway

JY finally is fed up of all this shiz and kills everyone 

destiny fulfilled

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

LG and TE finally have a happy ending

SJ crashes and gives his eyes to TE

TE dies anyway

JY finally is fed up of all this shiz and kills everyone 

destiny fulfilled

Thank You for Keeping JY alive in some of your Post !! dude You are making me bawl.my eyes out more than KES right now. lol

:sleepy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6

55 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@SweetButters your comment in Spoiler again WHAT??? How is LUNA/JTE twins??I mean there is nothing shown like that.

@madmad min haha ok, ill type it out since now I'm too lazy to draw everything out! So you have to see this in the whole grand scheme of things and look at moments relative to the next because saying someone is the past, present, or future means nothing except a bunch of jumble. The only one that has an "eternal" line is LG and all other characters are centered around his line.

LG 1.0 = Original

LG 2.0 = Original + add new memories to JTE

LG 3.0 = Original + new memories + does whatever to erase his memory + goes to portal + flute becomes whole

LG 4.0 = Original + Has no memories of JTE yet + JTE 3.0 adds memories back

JTE 1.0 = Original but does not have any memories because LG 3.0 erased everything and she becomes "LUNA"

JTE 2.0/Luna = Original, but does not have any memory

JTE 3.0 = Original + new memories + kills both LRs + adds the memories of both her and LG to JTE 4.0 this one goes into portal + flute becomes whole

JTE 4.0/"Luna" =Original + new memories + memories of her and LG

KOC JTE1.0 =Original/ Sacrifices herself for greater good/DEAD

I guess you can see it as how since there's always 2 LGs circulating and 2 JTE's circulating! Basically, its at different event times that LG erases memories and JTE adds back memories.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

I'm summarizing Tae Eul's dialogue with that total loser Shin Jay.
Whom I had the pleasure to see getting beaten up by Lee Lim who smashes him in the face with a stick.

This guy was born to be bullied.
SJ - I've secretly loved you since I've known you all my life.
TE - OK, but honestly, I don't give a shlt. 

TE - I'm mad about another guy you're less than a cockroach to.
TE - Now give me the piece of flute, or I'll smash your face in with a taekwondo high-kick.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7