[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@mrsj3n no death sentence yet for Luna but we got this:

go TE!!

this scene really make me shouting, its make me feel refreshed looking at this scene :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 12

Ah guys..  I think I need medicine!  :crazy:Headache :(

Today episode is crazy! 

And always, thank you for all the theories, even my brain can't take it properly now :(

Let's stay healthy and happy.. 

Let's survive.. And wait patiently for the super last episode :bawling:

Saranghae yurobuun :heart:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

The stabbing could have taken place on an earlier date. If true then no loop holes here. 

That is my confusion here. OG OUR LG travelled few days before 13 April 2020, Supposedly JTE got injured on 13 April 2020 , then she should be able to walk to the Alley on 15th April 2020 Morning at the earliest where LR from 94 was also present. One LG is vanished here but Time Travel did not take place so either he is in 0-1 passage or back to KOC but not in past time or JTE was unconsious and She somehow travelled few days earlier to get stabbed Before 13 April 2020.

@SweetButters  Please tag me once you post the theory, back tracking till tom morning my time means 25 pages to scout.

• Like 3

I am way totally out of my mind ! 

the scene where TE got stabbed by Luna 

the lights were blinkering ....

and my mind out of nowhere recalling 

OMG cheese in the trap proposal scene

cheese-in-the-trap.gif

giggling at that moment and my other self telling me to get back to sense ( the girl is badly injured) !

tumblr_mw8mosWZsp1qkc652o1_250.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:
Spoiler

Hmmm...if Yeong dies while going back in time, then technically there still IS a Yeong in 2020, it just isn't the one that we've been seeing all along.  Because if they succeed, once 4 year old Yeong grows up and hits that day in 2020, he would have no need to go back in time and will continue living out his life. 

So here's what we still have to see in 16, based on promos and spoilers.

Hide contents
  • Re-do of gun battle
  • JY getting hurt or dying
  • Lee Ji Hun back to life, JTE passing him in the streets and crying
  • A scene that was shot with Nari/Sin Jae/JTE at The Alley, one of the 3 final scenes shot.  WDH is also there with ES and JY styling.
  • 1939 scene with JTE/LG
  • Scene on the beach with LG in his trench coat from their Instagrams
  • POSSIBLE jacket of doom redo?  Will explain below.
  • 1 of 3 final scenes shot in LG's bedroom/chambers with Lady Noh, JTE, LG
  • May 27, 2022 scene in front of the bookstore with yo yo kid
  • Ugly wedding chairs scene

Here are my two prevalent theories right now -

Jacket of Doom - I think the flowers tell it all.  The future changed.  Until the moment the flowers vanished, at some point in the future, LG was going to put on the jacket of doom, come to TE, and lay out all his regrets and say goodbye to her one last time.  The flowers were proof that it happened.  If LG in the future never comes to her, she may still have the memory, but the physical proof if it didn't happen.  I think that's what got JTE off her richard simmons so fast - she probably realized that if he sacrifices himself right now, there's no LG to come back in time to her. 

Granted, the flowers disappearing could also indicate a HAPPY ending.  LG never regrets not telling her he loves her, or that he hasn't given her flowers, because they're living happily after ever and he tells her he loves her and gives her flowers every day.  But at this point for them, that sort of optimism isn't there and nobody can see it.  So she's chasing her own optimism and going to help him.  Or get stuck with him.  The scene where she swaps herself with Luna pretty much proves that she's saying yes to his proposal.  Even if it's a proposal to die together instead of marriage. Just like LG tried to plan for his successor, she planned for hers.

Luna - that brings me to my second theory.  I think they're going to Parent Trap the next part of their lives.  She's trusting Luna enough to 1. go fetch LL without betraying them, and 2. telling her to protect her dad and her friends.  JTE is a bigger person than I am, I would've stabbed Luna in the throat.  But despite all that happens, JTE is offering her a happy ending, and she is actually genuine.  JTE's offer is essentially the same as LL's offer.  Steal the enemy, get a loving life.  But JTE is genuine, and I think that means a lot to Luna.

So JTE goes to KOC and becomes Queen, Luna lives as JTE and gets to live a loving life.  Maybe they swap back and forth.  They could be the balance that the Yo Yo kid is talking about.  That's why he's helped them both and why JTE is casually walking back and forth on her birthday in 2022.  It's possible that JTE and Luna switched briefly so she can celebrate her birthday with her dad.

Am now picturing Luna locked up in the study while LG and JY glare daggers at her while waiting for the Queen to come back.  Queen comes back in a fireman's carry by Jangmi 2.0 because she's slow AF.

LOVE YOUR THEORY & THE BEST I HAVE READ SO FAR :blush:

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

My take on it was 

LG goes back in time

Some time passed - new memories formed

Flower watering scene, JTE goes to the phone booth

They do recon on the USBs

JTE gets stabbed 

Few days go by, enough where the stab wound is healing.  Throughout all of this, LG is traveling through time at an accelerated rate.

During all this, the LL that killed his future self is doing everything the same as the one that died 

LG pops out of the timeline after JTE/JY/SJ catch Luna, a few weeks has passed. 

Historically - the JTE and LG living the new timeline are making their memories faster, but ultimately still end up with LG time traveling on 04/13, and JTE getting stabbed.  So while the journey back to the present was a little different, everyone ends up doing a full 360 and is exactly where they started.  

Hence why LG accepted his new fate so quickly and JTE knew he was going back again.  Nothing changed, essentially.  

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

I honestly don't think that JY is going to die. He's wearing all black, but you can see in the preview that the person with the bloody hand is wearing a white shirt under his jacket. Plus, in my opinion, the blood on his face looks more like blood splatter from him shooting someone else instead of someone shooting him. If he was shot, he would have to be shot somewhere on his upper torso for the blood splatter to get on his face. I don't think I saw any gun shot wounds in that particular shot.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

So if the time loop theory is still holding, then the moment that needed to be undone was LG saving his child self.  LG while traveling still believed that he needed to save himself, but that did NOT stop 2020 LL at all.  LL needed to be taken out, LG did not need to be saved.  No matter how many loops there are, if he saves himself, things will revert to how they were.  

So the plan is to go back in and just let LG fend for himself.  Buyeong will become King, there will be no LG or LL.  Their history and feud will end then and there.  BB LG might live, but it wouldn’t be future LG saving him.  He’s on his own, left up to fate.

I bet you our LG will let himself die, and JY will end up saving LG and pay the price with his life. 

oh no

• Like 7
  • Sad 9
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, natadecoco said:

Can somebody explain what happened between PM Koo's mother and her? Why they have secret code.the mackerel?

To make it sure , that's its not her doppelgänger . So on the 15th episode. she was shocked, that's not her real mother.

• Like 4

The ending like..  Lets rewrite history together. 

LG wearing the ceremonial suit to the treason day. Then, he will go to see JTE last time bcoz JTE will never know him later. Can we say Ji Hun didnt time later? OMG OMG... What will be happened next week? 

Tonite opening, I was confused. Why LL didnt die? He was supposed to die. He back to the past, killed by younger him. And he showed up in front of KSJ and Na Ri. Super confused now. 

LL did change something. PM Koo's mom and killed Se Jin. So, we will never introduce to the next in line. 

I'm glad KSJ get to see his real mom, have a food n drink with our King in the palace, get to know KOC, confessed his love to JTE. Hope he can move forward now and be happy. Love when both Yeong and KSJ stand guard to our king. Superb! 

Err... Our King future will it be with Luna???? NO!!!!!!!! 

So far I'm okay with Goblin ending. But Rooftop Prince and Gu Family Book, I cannot accept! Hello to next week! I dont want to miss u that bad. Nite!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So if the time loop theory is still holding, then the moment that needed to be undone was LG saving his child self.  LG while traveling still believed that he needed to save himself, but that did NOT stop 2020 LL at all.  LL needed to be taken out, LG did not need to be saved.  No matter how many loops there are, if he saves himself, things will revert to how they were.  

So the plan is to go back in and just let LG fend for himself.  Buyeong will become King, there will be no LG or LL.  Their history and feud will end then and there.  BB LG might live, but it wouldn’t be future LG saving him.  He’s on his own, left up to fate.

I bet you our LG will let himself die, and JY will end up saving LG and pay the price with his life. 

oh no

That Seems VERY Plausible.

Because Baby LG anyhow survived. Everytime OUR LG did a Richochet back to Time in 94 , It is after FLUTE BROKE.

Baby Lg was actually saved because LG always breaks the Glass ceiling leading to a Distraction, whixh Leads LR to divert attention and spare baby LG's neck.(LADY noh comes in a bit later and takes baby LG ,AUISHH HENCE THE PLAN, she SAW it once more THAT IS WHY BABY JY was planted alonside baby LG.But Where is the ID this time around??? Uff)

LR but in both redos survives, FLUTE IS STILL BROKEN though. LR needs to die then and there.

BUT FLUTE IS STILL NOT WHOLE.It is useless as it still is soaked in blood , Yoyo Manpasikjeok Soul Kid wants to be hole, then travel.back to 1950 and Stop King Haejong.

• Like 5

I called these! :D

pCcRZMn.gif

On 4/27/2020 at 1:24 AM, syntyche said:

So I have this theory about the fiery veins on Lee Gon's back that is triggered by lightning. When Lee Gon was a kid, his father recited to him the engraved words on the four tiger sword:
"The sky bestows the heart upon us, and the ground helps the spirit. The sun and the moon are formed. As the mountains and streams form, lightning strikes. A sage is moved to defeat the evil of the mountains and streams. Wield it with deep thoughts and make things right."

Lee Gon is the sage that would defeat the evil of the mountains and streams. And to move that sage, lightning strikes. So the lightning calls on Lee Gon to defeat the evil that was formed in the parallel worlds.

e8NcB8r.gif

On 5/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, syntyche said:

Five episodes later, and we finally confirm what we've been speculating about - Shin Jae was switched from Corea to Korea. As to why the switch, I still have a weak theory about it. I'm basing it on the observation that doppelgangers of the two worlds have opposite economic status. In Shin Jae's profile (and also mentioned in the previous episodes), his family had a good life. So that implies the counterpart family in Corea is not that well off. Now Lee Rim wanted to plant a spy in the palace. He chose tea lady to be the spy, and he banked on tea lady's desire to provide Shin Jae with a better life. He sent Shin Jae to Korea to take on the identity of the dead son of the well-off (counterpart) family. Shin Jae then started to have those nightmares. As to how he seemingly lost his memory of Corea, and why he calls Lee Gon by name, we are again left to speculate ourselves.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

2 minutes ago, madmad min said:

That Seems VERY Plausible.

Because Baby LG anyhow survived. Everytime He did a Richochet back to Time in 94 , It is after FLUTE BROKE.

Baby Lg was actually saved because LG always breaks the Glass ceiling leading to a Distraction, whixh Leads LR to divert attention and spare baby LG's neck.(LADY noh comes in a bit later and takes baby LG ,AUISHH HENCE THE PLAN, she SAW it once more THAT IS WHY BABY JY was planted alonside baby LG.But Where is the ID this time around??? Uff)

LR but in both redos survives, FLUTE IS STILL BROKEN though. LR needs to die then and there.

BUT FLUTE IS STILL NOT WHOLE.It is useless as it still is soaked in blood , Yoyo Manpasikjeok Soul Kid wants to be hole, then travel.back to 1950 and Stop King Haejong.

HOLD UP

HOLD UP

HOLD THE F UP

WAT IF THE JO YEONG THING IS BECAUSE LADY NOH SEES ADULT JO YEONG DIE FOR HIM

ITS ALL PART OF A PLAN

I HATE THIS PLAN

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

So JTE goes to KOC and becomes Queen, Luna lives as JTE and gets to live a loving life.  Maybe they swap back and forth.  They could be the balance that the Yo Yo kid is talking about.  That's why he's helped them both and why JTE is casually walking back and forth on her birthday in 2022.  It's possible that JTE and Luna switched briefly so she can celebrate her birthday with her dad.

Am now picturing Luna locked up in the study while LG and JY glare daggers at her while waiting for the Queen to come back.  Queen comes back in a fireman's carry by Jangmi 2.0 because she's slow AF.

Thats a brilliant theory actually.

The writers need to give them a happy ending for all the things they made us viewers go through. OTHERWISE I'M GONNA RIOT  :angry:

22 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

My take on it was 

LG goes back in time

Some time passed - new memories formed

Flower watering scene, JTE goes to the phone booth

They do recon on the USBs

JTE gets stabbed 

Few days go by, enough where the stab wound is healing.  Throughout all of this, LG is traveling through time at an accelerated rate.

During all this, the LL that killed his future self is doing everything the same as the one that died 

LG pops out of the timeline after JTE/JY/SJ catch Luna, a few weeks has passed. 

Historically - the JTE and LG living the new timeline are making their memories faster, but ultimately still end up with LG time traveling on 04/13, and JTE getting stabbed.  So while the journey back to the present was a little different, everyone ends up doing a full 360 and is exactly where they started.  

Hence why LG accepted his new fate so quickly and JTE knew he was going back again.  Nothing changed, essentially.  

I have a question: The LG we saw in ep 15, was he the same LG of ep 1-13 or was he the future LG and they were in a new timeline this episode? I hope I'm making sense lol

• Like 4

KES SHOW YOURSELF.  WHAT ON EARTH.

Jo Yeong's main directive has always been to PROTECT THE KING.  Since he was 4 years old.  He just wants the King to be happy.  He was given unfiltered access to the King's life, and the King's Palace from the moment LG was coronated.  During a very crucial and serious time during the mourning, Lady Noh, who is so strict and prudent with Court rules, allowed bb JY to run around trying to give snacks to LG, wandering around his private rooms, and being there.

Prince Buyeong was not even able to inquire on his nephew's recovery due to political unrest.  So why is this random kid, son of a military general, allowed to do whatever he wants?

Because Lady Noh saw the adult version of himself grow up to sacrifice everything for LG, and she trusted him and placed him there from the start.  ADULT YEONG CAME UP WITH THE PLAN holy sdhsflskadfj

That's why he went from being so carefree and happy as a child to the way he is now, because this was always his destiny. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Insightful 8

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

KES SHOW YOURSELF.  WHAT ON EARTH.

Jo Yeong's main directive has always been to PROTECT THE KING.  Since he was 4 years old.  He just wants the King to be happy.  He was given unfiltered access to the King's life, and the King's Palace from the moment LG was coronated.  During a very crucial and serious time during the mourning, Lady Noh, who is so strict and prudent with Court rules, allowed bb JY to run around trying to give snacks to LG, wandering around his private rooms, and being there.

Prince Buyeong was not even able to inquire on his nephew's recovery due to political unrest.  So why is this random kid, son of a military general, allowed to do whatever he wants?

Because Lady Noh saw the adult version of himself grow up to sacrifice everything for LG, and she trusted him and placed him there from the start.  ADULT YEONG CAME UP WITH THE PLAN holy sdhsflskadfj

That's why he went from being so carefree and happy as a child to the way he is now, because this was always his destiny. 

STOP MAKING ME CRY PHULEASEE I BEG You!!!

Why God WHY...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

WHAT IF JO YEONG WAS SO OPPOSED TO JTE AND LG BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT SOMETHING HORRIBLE WOULD HAPPEN BUT HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT WAS AND ASSUMED IT WAS HER

But then he realizes he alone can stop it and bring the King and Queen together.  Because he cares and likes JTE at this point, although his bodyguarding needs some work.  Part of his sacrifice to end LL and to bring the two worlds back to peace will mean the two of them can finally be together OH NOOOO

WHERE IS THE ID CARD?  If LG doesn’t intend to save him  and doesn’t have the card, DOES YEONG HAVE THE CARD?  DOES YEONG PLAN ON GIVING IT TO THE BB LG HE SAVES? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1