[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

“It took me a long time to realize this. When it’s fate, there are no coincidences. Your fate is determined by the choices you make, but there are times when your fate chooses you.”

“Things that are bound to happen are taking place even at this moment. I was struck with a sad premonition that this will be short lived, but I decided to love my fate that chose me.”

“I love you.”

By far, the most beautifully written expression of love confession I have witnessed up to date. If everyone loved the way JTE does, no one would live with regrets. I’m crying at how she recognizes and accepts her chances with him and instead of moping about their separation bound to happen one day, she is spending the time she has with him focused on loving him. This is how people should love: like there’s no tomorrow. 

I had the wrong impression of JTE and she keeps surprising me. I thought she would always be standoffish towards him because that’s her persona. But no, she’s taking advantage of her time with him. She initiates the hug both times and now she expresses her love to him. I was worried she would live alone with her feelings but I’m glad she is open to him. When the time comes, she will not live with the pain of regret. She will live with the pain of loving him too much to let go. Both are sad but the latter takes a brave person. 

I especially love this too because it's like she just accepts it - being the detective she is - as verifiable fact she loves him, so it's pointless to beat around the bush.  Even when just a few eps earlier she was being almost defeatist in accepting she can't beat whoever the other person was he made that steak hotpot for because whoever it was is from his world (while she isn't).

Though I think this tells us more about JTE, that she isn't just a practical and brave woman, but her mind can change when she receives or realizes new information.  She just accepts it and carries on.  One day thinking she can't have him, so there's no point to being jealous or fight for him basically.  To some point later realizing she does indeed love him and she will love him as much and hard as she can while she can.

Ultimately, however practical she may be, I believe she's also a fighter.  If he's what she wants and regardless of the separation of two different universes, she's going to be with him.  Like all these scenes we have her facing down numerous foes.  She fights, even taunts, what seems an impossible foe and (so far), despite some scrapes, come out the other side every time.  

That said, I do think when he asks her in the next ep (per the preview for ep9) whether she'd come live in his world with him?  I think she's almost certainly going to say no.  At least at this point in time.  Again though, JTE is a woman who can change/evolve her mindset when new facts are revealed to her.  When time passes and she can't get over the loss of him or something changes in her life where it's more important to be by his side?  I think she'd stay with him (and become his Queen).  My guess this would also come in the realization his world needs her in a way her world doesn't.  That whatever understandable doubts she'd have suddenly becoming the ruler of a country, she can indeed be a Queen (and per 'fate', she was likely always meant to).  That and my perception of how they're writing her dynamic with her father (one of her anchors to her world) seems telling.  IMO, it's being written with a certain amount of detachment.  How - despite devoting her career to police work and her clearly being good at it - she just cannot seem to move ahead in her profession (almost like she's stagnant in this world / it doesn't recognize her for her gifts/achievements)?  How we just learned one of her very best friends who's like a brother to her is actually from LG's world, not her own (and SJ could very well go back to Corea, despite the parents he knows being from RoK)?

All of that, but also my suspicion JTE is going to become pregnant with LG's kid(s) and over time realizing the above, but compounded with her probable perpetual desire to be raising their child(ren) by the side of the man she loves.  Wishing he knew his child(ren) (aka, who'd be secret heir(s) to his throne).  If they have a son and he grows up to be the living portrait of his father?  If their son (or daughter) is gifted at mathematics/science?  That would be a constant, painful reminder of the one major regret in not choosing differently in the past, because, in theory, there just weren't as many anchors holding her to her world as she thought previously.

• Like 8

A little help here ...

After JTE says - "I love you" - as she opens the car door, LG says something that Netflix subs translates as -"ditto"

As I'm learning Korean (albeit slowly) I thought he said "me too" - but its definitely not "ditto"  ...... the King wouldn't say ditto.

Or did he? :unsure:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I feel, LR being interoggated is after he kills LH in year 94-95 and but due to Time travel/loop he reaches in the year 2019/2020 and gets caught by JTE and Shin Jae. Its Korea or Corea that is what I need to reunderstand.

That interrogation room is in Korea.  It's the same room the detectives have been using in their investigations.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

That interrogation room is in Korea.  It's the same room the detectives have been using in their investigations.

Thank You then Ok , time comes to play here. From 94 he ends up in 2020. Fate Gods chose this Fate.

Thoughts for Ep 8:

Another amazing episode !!! Can I just say how much I love the ES and JY interactions? They're like a breathe of fresh air in this whole serious episode!!! LOVED IT :heart:. Things that kinda seem out of place was the whole JTE telling LG that she loved him. It seemed kinda out of place. Then again, since she has the whole mentality that she doesn't know when they'll see each other again or whatever, it could seem right to say it then? Guess she's going the whole YOLO mode :D! Omg yas JY and Nari....HELLO. I feel like they're a better fit together than ES and Nari because Nari just sees ES as a goofy little brother. Also I can totally see MSA going for ES !!!! Also is PM's mom psychic?? And LG....he's starting to show a much darker side from the whole telling that guy he gives him a suicide order to renting out the building....UH OH NEW LOCATION FOR DISPOSING BODIES??

Questions:

1) Why was the ID tag in the bookstore in KOC? 

-I was confused by I thought the books in the bookstore is like a way of messaging from one world to another. Therefore, if the ID tag was found in the book by LR in the bookstore (KOC) would that mean then that someone had it in KOC then went back to ROK and then sent the missing ID tag which was taken originally while JTE was in KOC??

2) Nari with long hair again? 

-I thought she had short hair in the previous episode? Some said it was a wig, but I dont remember her mentioning she was wearing a wing

3) So does the flute bring people back to life?

-the mom of LJH says how she can't die anyways bc they always bring her back to life

4) If said flute can bring people back to life, does that mean if JTE gets killed, LG can bring her back to life? Same going for JY or whoever else?

Preview:

Can this show not get any better ??? It keeps topping my expectations !!! Cannot wait for next week !!!! I still haven't found a preview with eng subs, but it looks amazing!

I dont know why, but I think LG will totally bring ES to double in KOC while he keeps JY in ROK so that way he keeps up appearances. WHICH COULD POTENTIALLY MEAN ES WILL MEET MSA????:love:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, I’m crying because I’m throwing a tantrum to see if Netflix will spit out the next episode :lol::lol::lol:

I can’t wait for next week! I need to watch episode 9 now! 

———————————————

On a serious note, we are caught up to date with filming starting next week. All the leaked photos and the long trailer will be shown in episode 9 and 10. That means they’re inching closer to filming in real-time.

There were leaked information about a potential happy ending BUT notice the ending has not been written? What can the potential happy ending mean? It’s either fake or possibly not the end. 

Hide contents

What if the wedding comes before a tragic ending? Or red wedding from game of thrones?

I think we all knew things were going to speed up with our OTP right? Episode 2, he asked her to marry him. I said then that it’s a record. Name another male lead who proposed in episode 2 lol. 

Episode 1 - Immediate hug upon first meeting

Episode 2 - Proposal

Episode 5 - Kiss

Episode 8 - Love confession 

Episode 10 - Wedding? :lol:

Look at our couple, taking the meaning of LTE speed to the next level. 

@Heretorant could you share the leaked potential happy ending? SO CURIOUS!:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

I do not know who mentioned Excalibur but someone did and hats off to you.

ES has the King Arthur reference, @bebebisous33 spoke about the sword being more important and today the yo-yo boy was reading Excalibur. So sword is the answer.

Ep 9: I didnt understand but just based on visuals, I wonder what is JTE doing near the bookshop in Corea, I could see the yo-yo and somehow despite the kiss in the preview, episode 9 feels a bit darker.

@Dramafreak It was me who proposed the similarities btw the four tiger sword and king Arthur's excalibur ! Glad that was reaffirmed today in ep 8 with the yoyo boy reading the King Arthur book!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

A little help here ...

After JTE says - "I love you" - as she opens the car door, LG says something that Netflix subs translates as -"ditto"

As I'm learning Korean (albeit slowly) I thought he said "me too" - but its definitely not "ditto"  ...... the King wouldn't say ditto.

Or did he? :unsure:

He did say 나도, or “me too” and not ditto, but it was translated as ditto. Although “ditto” means the same thing as “me too”, I don’t agree with its use in this scene as well... it seemed too, I don’t know... very casual and nonchalant. “Me too” would have sufficed.

Edit: sorry, I was wrong there. “Ditto” doesn’t exactly mean “me too”, but it’s more like saying the same thing back to the person (like, “same here“ or “back at you”). But as again, I don’t think it’s appropriate on this scene, especially when LG simply said “me too”.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"when it's fate, there is no coincidence. your fate is determined by the choices you make but there are times when your fate chooses you. i decided to love my fate that chose me"

3e62ca0104f201ec7be6c32927daf590e467d166.gifv

Spoiler

-----

Ep 8! One of the best so far!

This drama's devil is literally in the details, so attention is the key! I love how I can think of the possibilities ahead. Once again, kudos for utilizing both major and supporting characters in moving the plot forward!

ff9103dd70ab52a4fa83f8c8fa7cedb438b9b152.gifv

Spoiler

730b25169dd9df8450dc62c7541aa484cf889166.gifv

todays highlight is Kang Sinjae's life story and it's clear for me that he IS really from the Kingdom of Corea

“It seems like i am your king.” we’re right all along about Sin Jae. That final encounter in Episode 8:scream:

Spoiler

• Like 16

Chingus, would someone please JTE the hell out of me and handcuff my hands the next time I watch without subs? Because I write things and then change my mind after I watch the episode with subs :lol:

WOW, EPISODE 8 WAS SO GOOD!!! Maybe the best yet! 

The ending had me jroehdoehwihekdjdkehe

”It seems like I am your king!” 

*gasp* :scream: Please give us more of these epic scenes! I can just watch this trio go at it for days! Maybe add ES in for some comedy and LR too because we can use a bad guy. Bloody good! 

KSJ’s skills are no match to JY. Do you think he’s a better fighter then LG? Maybe not. Today’s episode totally teased us at the possibility of the savior being JY: him with the same mask and hat and showing us how skillful he is. Of the 3, it seems like Yeong is the most fit to defeat all those men by himself. Plenty of us speculate there’s more than one savior and if it’s true, it makes all the sense it would be the king and his most trusted guard. Now they’re trying to steer us in every which way possible. I love it! 

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

On the downside, they spend a little too much time investigating. Maybe there’s no need to introduce the new case. Focusing on Lee Sang Do’s case alone will lead to Lee Rim. 

Please give me more OTP next week. I missed them. 

Have to wait one more week.

Actually yesterday  even I was thinking the same BUT after todays episode I think it's necessary. Because it shows that not everything goes according to Lee Lim's and his gang's plan, some will act on their own will and may indirectly help good side.

3 hours ago, asul_03 said:

now it makes sense why there's a photo of JTE & SJ in LR's dark room/red room.

so, lady noh's investigation as to who took the ID in her room will likely lead to LG as he is the one who took it and handed it over to JTE for her to see back then (kitchen scene).

slowly but surely, the clues and episodes are beginning to add up.:blush:

I think the photo in the darkroom was because of tar eul- shin jae and now he knows that tae eul- is connected with Lee Gon too. AS a result Tae eul- is in danger along with shin jae.

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Why wont Luna join the dark side?

*edited

@mamabear and @andy78 : just my guess, based on everything I have read around this: not sure about sad ending but... JTE will be in danger and most probably in episode 9-11. Luna my guess is will help LR, check character description.
As to why I feel JTE will be in danger: their ship is too smooth sailing but too many other signs speak of doom. The main characters are too naive and innocent. They are courageous but not that big on strategy, just yet. Too many references: poem/the songs in the first few episodes/JTE not speaking out aloud her name. If you note she hasnt allowed anyone the permission to call her by her name (the King or people around him). Hyung nim almost never calls her by her name in an interaction with her.
Then her snooping around is like a one man army in a serial around corruption/crime. The main character snoops without too many precautions and then gets hurt or loses someone close to them and then they hit back. I feel she is investigating murders because that is her job but none of them hit home for her or for us as an audience. The King has to lose someone near and dear for him and us to emote/to feel and come back for revenge.

We are being lulled into a false sense of security with the cute scenes or normal life. It is like the volcano will erupt soon and there will be far too many casualties. I worry about the King!

JTE replacing and not being caught... can lead to super dark connotations/plot twists but will they want to? Time will tell.

Luna seems a bit better than Lee gon considering she doesn't want children to see the evil side.

At bold:

1.you just wrote what was in my mind. I think in today's episode for the first time I could feel their ACTIVE efforts in solving murder- Lee gon case. So I was happy that the good side ppl are also getting ahead.

2. I think it would be hard to train Luna to act as JTE:P

Both shin jae and Lee Gon are close to her.

Also her age would be hard to conceal.

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Having goosebumps again when watching it with subtitles.

Did you guys see what LG's doppelganger's mum said about she won't die anyway and they will keep bringing her back????

I just thought that she meant whenever she tried to commit suicide they would save her. Makes me wonder why? 

Also in intial episodes a woman throws rag at Lee lim and asks why he doesn't age?! Is she ROK Lee Gon's mom?  And why does Lee lim goes easy with her in a sense he is just calm and doesn't react angrily...

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I don't recall boy on wheelchair but he is the little boy who was loitering around the street and sat by the roadside when TV was broadcasting young LG mourning for the death of the late King.

Seriously I wonder why did mum in KOC allow SJ to go over.

It wasn't exactly a better life in ROK for SJ unless he was sick and he could get better treatment in ROK but then bankruptcy happens... sigh.

Because ROK parents were rich and then they lose money . Remember Shin jae had money to join taekwondo centre. They go bankrupt later on and for obvious reasons Lee lim wouldn't exactly tell that to tea lady and he must be sending her photos where Shin jae looks happy, leading normal life in ROK.

40 minutes ago, msdot said:

Random speculation: Will Luna die so that JTE can go to KoC permanently to be with LG without disturbing the balance between the worlds? That would be my favorite ending for the couple. Two alternatives are that JTE decides to stay in RoK because that's where she belongs (not wanting to grieve her father or friends) or dies trying to save LG.

Huh? But Luna is criminal in KOC world and since JTE looks like her how can she live normal life there? That too as a Queen:sweatingbullets:

13 minutes ago, lofeval said:

LOL, yeah he did. Although "multiple times" I think is an exaggeration as the last time they saw each other was on Episode 3. Near the end of that episode, SJ inquired about the Corean crest on Maximus's sadle because he had seen it before. LG told him that it's impossible for him to have seen it because it's from another world, in a country where he is a king of :)

This reminded why I was happy when JTE included this rule in her 17 rules I.e not to go on telling people that he is king. I felt it was naive of him to tell others in the parallel world that he is king since it brings more attention on him. Well today our king did admit that he is bad at hiding:joy:

I actually loved today's episode because every character took a step ahead.

Shin jae finally realised that his nightmares have an actual real life source. I feel bad for him and on top of that he won't get JTE too.

Lee gon finally realised that his evil uncle is far ahead and is plotting against him ever since he murdered his father. I actually liked how today the scenes didn't seem filler like every scene had a purpose ( except that lipbalm one , seriously that was way too much imo:P)

He recognised one minion of Lee lim, realised that he is switching innocent ppl too ? 

JTE realized her feelings towards Lee gon and knows about 2G phone.

Lee lim knows about JTE

PM is getting closer to parallel world too.

PM's mother is getting closer to Lee lim's identity.

We viewers know that our predictions are not totally wrong and are actually fruitful ( shin jae ROC Switch), came to know abt missing ID and caught a glimpse of Luna.

Things that they are trying to make us focus on:

1. JTE's family photo ... They zoomed on it way too many times (including past episodes) and where is her father?:sweatingbullets:

2. Uncle prince family photo

Am I the only who is not that invested in Eun soep / jo young - both myeong story. I mean I don't care about their love line :P I like them as individual characters though. 

I think in next episodes we will focus on Eun seop's story because he is completing his mandatory service and according to character description his life is going to change afterwards :unsure:

• Like 8

These two...:lol:

ES - '' Nari and I. Our first japchae together''

YJ - '' loser...how much time do you need''

ES - '' a hundred years...loser''

It seems to me that Yeong described SA, even though he was talking about Nari.

So , he noticed that SA has pretty eyes.

Anyway it was kind of innocent.

ES was boyishly happy.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, cpt_falcon said:

I especially love this too because it's like she just accepts it - being the detective she is - as verifiable fact she loves him, so it's pointless to beat around the bush.  Even when just a few eps earlier she was being almost defeatist in accepting she can't beat whoever the other person was he made that steak hotpot for because whoever it was is from his world (while she isn't).

Though I think this tells us more about JTE, that she isn't just a practical and brave woman, but her mind can change when she receives or realizes new information.  She just accepts it and carries on.  One day thinking she can't have him, so there's no point to being jealous or fight for him basically.  To some point later realizing she does indeed love him and she will love him as much and hard as she can while she can.

Ultimately, however practical she may be, I believe she's also a fighter.  If he's what she wants and regardless of the separation of two different universes, she's going to be with him.  Like all these scenes we have her facing down numerous foes.  She fights, even taunts, what seems an impossible foe and (so far), despite some scrapes, come out the other side every time.  

That said, I do think when he asks her in the next ep (per the preview for ep9) whether he'd come live in her world with him?  I think she's almost certainly going to say no.  At least at this point in time.  Again though, JTE is a woman who can change/evolve her mindset when new facts are revealed to her.  When time passes and she can't get over the loss of him or something changes in her life where it's more important to be by his side?  I think she'd stay with him (and become his Queen).  My guess this would also come in the realization his world needs her in a way her world doesn't.  That whatever understandable doubts she'd have suddenly becoming the ruler of a country, she can indeed be a Queen (and per 'fate', she was likely always meant to).  That and my perception of how they're writing her dynamic with her father (one of her anchors to her world) seems telling.  IMO, it's being written with a certain amount of detachment.  How - despite devoting her career to police work and her clearly being good at it - she just cannot seem to move ahead in her profession (almost like she's stagnant in this world / it doesn't recognize her for her gifts/achievements)?  How we just learned one of her very best friends who's like a brother to her is actually from LG's world, not her own (and SJ could very well go back to Corea, despite the parents he knows being from RoK)?

All of that, but also my suspicion JTE is going to become pregnant with LG's kid(s) and over time realizing the above, but compounded with her probable perpetual desire to be raising their child(ren) by the side of the man she loves.  Wishing he knew his child(ren) (aka, who'd be secret heir(s) to his throne).  If they have a son and he grows up to be the living portrait of his father?  If their son (or daughter) is gifted at mathematics/science?  That would be a constant, painful reminder of the one major regret in not choosing differently in the past, because, in theory, there just weren't as many anchors holding her to her world as she thought previously.

What made you come to the point that she will get pregnant? So far, JTE told LG that she loves him and fully reciprocates his feelings. The next preview shows that he has to return to his own world to deal with his uncle and all the clones that should not be in his world. Then we have to see how the issue with Luna and JTE resolves. I really don't see how JTE will get pregnant. 

My theory is that since Luna is sick with cancer, I feel like she would be the one who passes away. Still, there needs to be another factor which makes JTE decide to stay with LG in his world. I have a feeling that LR will try to get rid of JTE by ordering Luna to kill JTE's father or her. This will make JTE realize that she is better off staying away from her father in order to protect him. I also wonder if JTE and Luna can come together and make a plan to capture LR, since Luna is already dying she can make some good deed in her life. She said that she has nothing so she isn't afraid of anything in life, so doing a good thing wouldn't really cost her. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

KSJ’s skills are no match to JY. Do you think he’s a better fighter then LG? Maybe not. Today’s episode totally teased us at the possibility of the savior being JY: him with the same mask and hat and showing us how skillful he is. Of the 3, it seems like Yeong is the most fit to defeat all those men by himself. Plenty of us speculate there’s more than on savior and if it’s true, it makes all the sense it would be the king and his most trusted guard. Now they’re trying to steer us in every which way possible. I love it! 

Agreed - I was thinking the same, and remembering back to when LG & JY were kids - JY just suddenly appeared in the palace, and LG was like ...how did you get in here?  JY has known how to move about the palace since he was a child, he has the skills, so he joins SJ & LG on the list of potential saviors  - I like it.

LCO

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Today’s episode totally teased us at the possibility of the savior being JY: him with the same mask and hat and showing us how skillful he is. Of the 3, it seems like Yeong is the most fit to defeat all those men by himself. Plenty of us speculate there’s more than on savior and if it’s true, it makes all the sense it would be the king and his most trusted guard. 

My Mind at 1 am....so many branches of possibilty by TKEMF4.

giphy.gif

@rocher22

Spoiler

These two...:lol:

ES - '' Nari and I. Our first japchae together''

YJ - '' loser...how much time do you need''

ES - '' a hundred years...loser''

It seems to me that Yeong described SA, even though he was talking about Nari.

So , he noticed that SA has pretty eyes.

Anyway it was kind of innocent.

ES was boyishly happy.

This is Love Quardangle I never knew I needed. Oh My Dwindling Heart.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I notice that LG is a different kind of boyfriend. Most boyfriends in K-dramas want to protect their girl and then to be quite macho and control the romance but LG leven though king and used to leading a country and everyone else, lets JTE dictate the terms of their relationship and that she leads their team of two in Korea and he says "Okay". I find that kind of refreshing, I let you do the investigation, I let you decide how we date, where and where. And he is stunned and cannot quite believe it when she tells him abruptly that she loves him. She does not seem the romantic kind, more of honest and direct, no games. Both of them seem not to play the usual games of push and pull so far. She senses that it might not be permanent so she has to let him know how she feels before it is too late to tell him her feelings and she might regret it forever. I find that different and refreshing for a love story. Not your usual.

I did enjoy episode 8 as a lot of questions are being answered and we know the movement from the two countries started around 25 years ago. LR did not know about JTE. 

• Like 13
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Actually yesterday  even I was thinking the same BUT after todays episode I think it's necessary. Because it shows that not everything goes according to Lee Lim's and his gang's plan, some will act on their own will and may indirectly help good side.

I think the photo in the darkroom was because of tar eul- shin jae and now he knows that tae eul- is connected with Lee Gon too. AS a result Tae eul- is in danger along with shin jae.

Luna seems a bit better than Lee gon considering she doesn't want children to see the evil side.

I actually loved today's episode because every character took a step ahead.

Shin jae finally realised that his nightmares have an actual real life source. I feel bad for him and on top of that he won't get JTE too.

Lee gon finally realised that his evil uncle is far ahead and is plotting against him ever since he murdered his father. I actually liked how today the scenes didn't seem filler like every scene had a purpose ( except that lipbalm one , seriously that was way too much imo:P)

He recognised one minion of Lee lim, realised that he is switching innocent ppl too ? 

JTE realized her feelings towards Lee gon and knows about 2G phone.

Lee lim knows about JTE

PM is getting closer to parallel world too.

PM's mother is getting closer to Lee lim's identity.

We viewers know that our predictions are not totally wrong and are actually fruitful ( shin jae ROC Switch), came to know abt missing ID and caught a glimpse of Luna.

Things that they are trying to make us focus on:

1. JTE's family photo ... They zoomed on it way too many times (including past episodes) and where is her father?:sweatingbullets:

2. Uncle prince family photo

Am I the only who is not that invested in Eun soep / jo young - both myeong story. I mean I don't care about their love line :P I like them as individual characters though. 

I think in next episodes we will focus on Eun seop's story because he is completing his mandatory service and according to character description his life is going to change afterwards :unsure:

Sorry I cut your post short but everything you said, ditto :D 

I felt different about the case after watching it with subs. I felt different about the entire episode after watching it with subs. I realize understanding what they saying has a lot to do with understanding what’s going on (duh lol). Everything fell into place in today’s episode. I love it, A LOT! 

Aside from the funny cheesy PPLs. But hey, they’ve gotta make money one way or another and I’m here to support them. If it means I get to watch this fantastic show, I don’t mind seeing a few per episode hehehe. 

I love ES and JY but I share a similar opinion on MSA? and MNR. I don’t care much about those two. The only reason why I would care about one of them is because of JY. I’m enjoying how he’s suddenly forgetting his sense of duty in the Republic of Korea. It’s a breath of fresh air for once. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Kara N said:

What made you come to the point that she will get pregnant? So far, JTE told LG that she loves him and fully reciprocates his feelings. The next preview shows that he has to return to his own world to deal with his uncle and all the clones that should not be in his world. Then we have to see how the issue with Luna and JTE resolves. I really don't see how JTE will get pregnant. 

My theory about JTE getting pregnant and their kid is here.  I don't imagine we'd see any of the pregnancy, more like we find out she's pregnant one episode and the next it'd be a time jump into the future and the children are young adults.  I wouldn't see the story about the kids per se, the way I perceive him/them in the theory is more a deus ex machina, but who their parents are and the people who raised them (JTE & LG, but also possibly SJ & JY as potential mentors.  Some piece of all of them).  A sequel could explore the hypothetical child/children's lives (and make them actual characters), but up in the air if this show can secure a sequel or not.

Question about some possible sartorial symbolism, but has LG's wardrobe had turtlenecks in it prior ep7 (and LG learning LR is still alive)?  I wondered if the turtlenecks were meant as a subconscious tell re: LG's character and this need to protect/cover his neck.  We know he still has PTSD from LR nearly killing him as a kid via strangulation.  LG and JY stopped the new wardrobe assistant from buttoning LG's shirt all the way to the top because he didn't like his skin/neck being touched.  He had to yank the tie off and unbutton the top button of his shirt in the car after his CO's father's funeral (LG looked like he was having a panic attack).  However, he invites JTE to touch him.  It's a very primal thing on LR's part going after LG's neck like he did (similarly as a large predator would like a lion or tiger, they often target a rival's neck).  We saw JY protect LG's neck from being touched, I wonder if it's going to be JTE at some point in the not too distant future?  I'm the only one allowed to touch his neck, you don't go near it or I end you.  He doesn't like it (from anyone other than me).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1