[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I usually don’t have a hard time understanding this show but this scene got me confused. I can’t decide who is from Korea and who is from Corea. Why would the fake son be ok with replacing his real father? And how does owning a company fit into the grand scheme of everything? 

The only thing I understood, it’s taken place in Korea and someone got killed. Maybe we just have to wait and see more but @syntyche @scrawford, I’d like to know your take on this scene. 

Sorry Chingu didn't catch this soon enough> looks like some people has responded, but yeah...The business man is just a really rich guy in ROK and the son want him to retire so he can take over, but i guess The dad isn't real quick to pass on the position so he worked with Lee rim. What's in it for Lee rim? im not really sure but...LR has been playing God but he is granting people's evil wishes. Also that whole scenario was hinted in Episode 7 minute 12:22 after shin jae left the convenient store the focus on someone (LR right hand man) who is reading a newspaper and there is the news about "Park Men-Haeng Succesion process in underway". this is one of love of this drama, giving hints all over the place heheheh.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@scrawford totally understand your frustration. Of course as a lmh fan, I want to see his character flesh out too. But I’m going to say it’s not Lee Gon’s time to shine. The previews for next week makes me excited :D

I did really enjoy seeing LG ordering the trader to kill himself. Please give us more of this side to him. Someone needs to anger him off. Next week... for sure. 

And I don’t know who needs to hear this (none of us on here) but it’s NOT that lmh cannot act intense. It’s because he’s not given enough scenes to show it. He thrives in these types of scenes. Give him more writer Kim! Seriously, I need to see more of Gon, screen time wise and character wise. Don’t waste lmh again, writer Kim! This is supposed to be your redemption project for him!

The love confession, I loved the thought and reasoning behind it but like you, I think it could have been done at a different time. Because we got so little OTP moments today, it seems a little abrupt. But I love how while the thought behind it was very deep, the execution was lighthearted. It’s more realistic. At this point, we haven’t got so much of their relationship so if it was said with more weight, it could have come off cheesy. I think Lee Gon’s “me too” will be compensated for later with a deeper reply. When he does say it in the future, I’m guessing it will be more meaningful. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Exactly why haters say they have no chemistry but then when we watch the BTS, it's overflowing with cuteness. KES/PD can't even write good romance scenes for LMH and KGE. It feels like they focused too much on the plot they sometimes forgot about the main characters like what happened with today's episode. I'm glad the episode is unrevealing a lot, but I think they unrevealed too much too late that they weren't able to split scenes evenly for all the characters. It also makes for earlier episodes being too slow for some people when they could've showed more. Maybe the 16 ep is too little for this type of plot. 

Everyone can see chemistry end of the EP6 and If we look it ,this part most watched on Naver Tv and everyone excited after this part, but KES/PD can't use this chemistry unfortunately 

• Like 3

I am so confused with the villian's plot here. Is he replacing dopplegangers from the KOC with people from the ROK? What does the young girl murdering her roomate have to do with everything that is going on? Is it anything related to her dopplanger that is part of the KOC's security. Is Lee Gon's doppleganger's mom part of this evil plot? So many questions.  

5 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Maybe there will be some fight between Yeong and Luna.

Sweetie, sorry, but I bet on Luna.

I would too - Only because Yeong would pause for a brief second of indecision ( worrying,rightfully so, that LG would have him beheaded for hitting JTE) and that's all Luna would need to drop him ..... still, it'd be glorious! :lol:

• LOL 5

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

@Joséphine.arjenia HI, I'm so sorry if my post offended you. I too am A huge fan of KGE. I realized that they way i wrote my post is a lil bit Biased towards LMH. I acknowledge that fans of each actor also keeping this show afloat. But.... To be honest, as of now KGE and WDH has the advantage of double role and KKN is being fleshed out more as a character. BUt.. I feel like LMH character is not (yet?). that's why my comment is a bit biased towards LMH. And as his fans, im bit disappointed that his character is not being utilize more and i know that his fans is being really patient with this drama, as i know a lot of them are starting to loose interest but keep watching. Not saying the other actors fans aren't, but again, i feel like his character is being outsided is why the post biased towards Him. I love KGE and watching this for her too.

That is all.:)

Thanku I always said that Leo is the king of k drama he will be forever , my love for  him and my  respect are so big , Leo deserve all good things and non one can lie about his FAM not only in Korea but also  in the world , 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And notice that it was a child who let JTE drop her ID and the same child was in front of the book shop, when the spy (tea lady) came to give some news. We don't know much about this child but he could play a bigger role.

What episode is this again? Thank you everyone!!

Love this forum!! <3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

LG character development.

i think he have had his own development in a more subtle way. from entering RKR as an adventure, figuring out about parallel world, learning about his uncle being alive and starting to understand there is something dangerous boiling under his noise. In episode 8 having that confrontation with SJ he realized how big the conspiracy against KOC is. In another note I think he already is a very developed character that do not need big changes. but as a king he most protect his people and I belive this gonna make him even more active now. 

I got shocked with the confession, but we already know how straightforward she is and I guess since she was busy she could not stay longer. But she wanted to share her heart before the storm gonna enter and regret it later. at least that is how I see it. :) 

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, kboramint said:

So, if Shin Jae is from KOC then one has to ask, how did he get to ROK? Why does he remember Lee Gon mourning but not not anything else after that. Also, it seems the Prime Minister is finding out she has a doppleganger. What is the villian's plan for her? Is he going to replace her?  

Maybe SJ didn't realize he crossed over and he felt like they're the same world. He was young and the only thing he focused on was how he wanted a mother. He woke up to a new mother so maybe he was drugged and brought over. One thing I find interesting is SJ calls LG by his name when everyone else in COR call him by his title. Even as a young boy, I'm sure the people around LG would address him as prince, but why does SJ call him by his name? Definitely had to be his real mother's upbringing. Someone else think SJ may be LG's half brother but that would be a huge scandal. 

22 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I am so confused with the villian's plot here. Is he replacing dopplegangers from the KOC with people from the ROK? What does the young girl murdering her roomate have to do with everything that is going on? Is it anything related to her dopplanger that is part of the KOC's security. Is Lee Gon's doppleganger's mom part of this evil plot? So many questions.  

He's replacing people from both side. From what I gathered, the young girl was someone who wanted to escape to COR but since she committed a murder in ROK, LR can't use her anymore since she's already being investigated, so LR will have to kill her before the cops are onto his tracks using her as lead. As for her killing the roommate, she already claimed she disliked the roommate for a long time and she might've committed the murder thinking she can get away with the murder by fleeing to COR afterwards. That's why she tried to bargain with LR's helper, but it was her loss cause she was just a pawn that could be replaced by LR. 

• Like 7

Hello everyone. I'm a new member of this site and I make this account because I just got something in ep. 1.

In the very begining, KSJ and JTE interrogated LL and LL's bio in the board that KSJ hold have the Kingdom of Corea's flag symbol. Also the interrogation held in 2020 when the story itself now still in 2019. So I think that scene is the end of the story, KSJ and JTE moved to the Kingdom of Corea.

But, I don't have any idea who's blood in LL's shirt during the interrogation tho.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I wanted to answer someone's post BUT as I keep reading to catch up on what I've missed in case someone has answered.. the pages just keep increasing and by the time I'm done, I forgotten who asked what. 

giphy.gif

Anyway, there are some questions posted and I have my takes on it:

Regarding LG's doppelganger's mum.

I believe time travel is involved to bring her back to life as in, they go back in time to stop her from completely dying but leave her with scars to remember.

She was also the one who threw the rag at LR and asked who is he and why didn't he age.

If only we know why did LR keep her alive?

Could it be he secretly love the late queen?

Else why did he let her doll up and wear nice clothes? I mean.. look at her manicure.

I don't even do such pretty nails! Lol

Back to time travel, I believe LR figured he can do it even with half of the flute.

So why not LG right?

He just need to figure it out asap!

As for the day centre, if I remembered correctly,  he told his minions to give the bags of money to the owner of the care centre for "electricity bills"?

Not sure if there's any issues on the subtitles.

So maybe he isn't the owner directly because he can't use the name of his doppelganger.

Regarding JTE confession. 

I don't find it abrupt but I was actually hoping for her to walking up to LG and telling it in his face and then hug or give him a peck to seal the deal. LOL.

It is the time whereby she realised she embraced fate and being such a cool woman, she just has too.

I don't have any issues with LG replying "me too" because in Star wars Leia told Hans she loves him. He replied "I Know". 

What an obnoxious prick! (I meant it endearingly of course.. who doesn't love Hans?)

I'm surprised LG did not reply that too!

And yet the subtitles showed "ditto", I find it pretty funny. Lol

Regarding the PPL... I have no issues as well.

Don't let it put you off unless it make you want to get the same thing too but it's late and no shops are open for you to get it. Hahahahaha

For me, I wouldn't be able to buy it since I'm not from Korea so I'm usually not bothered by it.

Again. Episode 8 is awesome as well!

Can't wait to rewatch from episode 1 again!

Edit to add on:

SJ can't be LG's half brother.

SJ grew up mostly in ROK so I'm not surprised when he called LG by his name to confirm his identity.

He's a policeman of ROK. He didn't grow up in KOC hence I can understand why he wasn't in awe of our King. Lol

Edit to add on some more (geez.. the page keeps on adding as I was typing my post.. i can't keep up. Lol)

@koreaboooo based on subtitles, evil roommate claimed the dead roommate heard what's on the 2G phone.

Not sure what is so secretive that she can't play it off by bluffing but she needs to kill her instead.

That girl is a psycho. Period.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Regarding the PPL... I have no issues as well.

Don't let it put you off unless it make you want to get the same thing too but it's late and no shops are open for you to get it. Hahahahaha

For me, I wouldn't be able to buy it since I'm not from Korea so I'm usually not bothered by it.

lol I have the same feeling with all the PPL. I'm sitting here thinking I can't even eat the chicken even if it looks good cause I don't live in Korea. All the international fans on Netflix must've feel the same way. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@bebebisous33 you asked for pics of JTE/Luna, PM and her doppelganger and many more?

Found it from the post by @syntyche

@koreaboooo OMG. Now that you mentioned... the fried chicken is the only thing I'm upset with because I want it and can't get it! lol

Edit:

Boyfriend of slain roommate is not the boy from the dressing room in KOC.

So might want to remove that so we won't be confused?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Even as a young boy, I'm sure the people around LG would address him as prince, but why does SJ call him by his name? Definitely had to be his real mother's upbringing. Someone else think SJ may be LG's half brother but that would be a huge scandal. 

He's replacing people from both side. From what I gathered, the young girl was someone who wanted to escape to COR but since she committed a murder in ROK, LR can't use her anymore since she's already being investigated, so LR will have to kill her before the cops are onto his tracks using her as lead. As for her killing the roommate, she already claimed she disliked the roommate for a long time and she might've committed the murder thinking she can get away with the murder by fleeing to COR afterwards. That's why she tried to bargain with LR's helper, but it was her loss cause she was just a pawn that could be replaced by LR. 

As episodes go on, I'm getting confused with the world hopping but the woman that went inside bookstore and looking at SJ's photos is SJ's real mom? That scene was taking place in the KOC?

• Like 3