[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Really annoying I understand in this ep, this drama's problem is MinHo's secreen time, almost 45 minutes passed but Minho has 2-3 minutes screen time, really? Ddecetive's screen are so many, how can it be this? I think rating will drop more I guess lead man Shin Jae

I don't think ratings are particularly linked to quality. It's just that the Friday episodes always score lower ratings that the ones which air on Saturday. It's a general phenomenon. The Friday episode of The World of the Married had 3% lower ratings than the episode which aired last Saturday. Similar to TKEM.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, briseis said:

Lee Gon asks TE in the episode  9 preview: Could you live with me in my world?

if JTE will say yes, what's gonna happen to luna? i mean, they have identical finger prints. they look the same akin to twins. plus, we've never seen doppelgangers co-exist for a long time. just wondering...

22 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

the kisses is most unexpected thing in this drama  :joy:

a kiss that is reciprocated is always welcome and when this happens, it'll be the first time for LG and JTE to kiss having similar romantic feelings for one another.:heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, margerytka said:

Three good dramas are being broadcast at the same time :

- The King: Eternal Monarch,

- When My Love Blooms,

- The World of the Married,
Therefore, until the broadcast of TWOTM is over, one should not expect a great view of TKEM.

not really interested in both dramas you mentioned other than TKEM. Please don't  drag competition here. To each his own. All dramas have their own forum and followers.

Daebak episode tonight , I might say one of the juiciests  and action packed. 

The hospital where JTE  went is owned by LR (the director who is not always in Korea),   that's why the doppelgänger of the pregnant rich lady is  admitted there to train here on here new role in MonCorea.  @leeminhosny don't be sad, the King is the King , and every character revolves around him, either to protect or destroy him. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Episode 10 - Wedding? :lol:

Look at our couple, taking the meaning of LTE speed to the next level. 

most recently :) at this rate of action and determination of the king,
the question is:
- Will they get married in the kingdom or in the republic? , because that's a fundamental difference and other consequences

• Like 4

Chingus I hve a lot to catch up and replies. Not quite done with episode 8 yet. And I tried to understand from neutral point of view and will elaborate later when I have the time to sit down and write. However, I hope the PD and writer or whoever involve in the storytelling realized that Lee Min Ho fans are the one keeping this drama afloat. I hope this is the last that we will get shin Jae back story taking up a lot of screen time. 

Will comeback later. :)

• Like 9

I do not know who mentioned Excalibur but someone did and hats off to you.

ES has the King Arthur reference, @bebebisous33 spoke about the sword being more important and today the yo-yo boy was reading Excalibur. So sword is the answer.

Ep 9: I didnt understand but just based on visuals, I wonder what is JTE doing near the bookshop in Corea, I could see the yo-yo and somehow despite the kiss in the preview, episode 9 feels a bit darker.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

it’s been send to evil uncle

now it makes sense why there's a photo of JTE & SJ in LR's dark room/red room.

so, lady noh's investigation as to who took the ID in her room will likely lead to LG as he is the one who took it and handed it over to JTE for her to see back then (kitchen scene).

slowly but surely, the clues and episodes are beginning to add up.:blush:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, asul_03 said:

JTE will say yes, what's gonna happen to luna? i mean, they have identical finger prints. they look the same akin to twins. plus, we've never seen doppelgangers co-exist for a long time. just wondering...

me too...as far as we know Luna only has 3 months left...terminal cancer...isn't she wanted in her world ?JTE could not just replace her...

• Like 2

I love that JTE is so sure about her feelings towards LG. She was even the one who said I Love You first which caught LG off guard. I also like how the lines were delivered. JTE thinking that LG is her fate, that she decided to love the fate that chose her even though she had a sad premonition that their love will be short-lived? Is this some kind of foreshadowing about a sad ending? I really hope not. 

• Like 16
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Guine said:

Daebak episode tonight , I might say one of the juiciests  and action packed. 

The hospital where JTE  went is owned by LR (the director who is not always in Korea),   that's why the doppelgänger of the pregnant rich lady is  admitted there to train here on here new role in MonCorea.  @leeminhosny don't be sad, the King is the King , and every character revolves around him, either to protect or destroy him. 

You put it into words wonderfully! In chess, the most important player is the king because without it, you will lose. But the king is not powerful. He needs all the other pieces to protect him. 

14 minutes ago, margerytka said:

most recently :) at this rate of action and determination of the king,
the question is:
- will they marry a kingdom or a republic ? because that's a fundamental difference and other consequences

He’s proposing for her to stay with him in his world in the next two episodes. I don’t think she will say yes this time. But who knows, this couple has been surprising me. I didn’t think we’d get a love confession from JTE ever but look at today, she said it first. That girl is bold and spontaneous, anything can happen lol.

13 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

I do not know who mentioned Excalibur but someone did and hats off to you.

ES has the King Arthur reference, @bebebisous33 spoke about the sword being more important and today the yo-yo boy was reading Excalibur. So sword is the answer.

Ep 9: I didnt understand but just based on visuals, I wonder what is JTE doing near the bookshop in Corea, I could see the yo-yo and somehow despite the kiss in the preview, episode 9 feels a bit darker.

Bring on darker! I’m down! :D 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, scrawford said:

However, I hope the PD and writer or whoever involve in the storytelling realized that Lee Min Ho fans are the one keeping this drama afloat. I hope this is the last that we will get shin Jae back story taking up a lot of screen time. 

Well, I'm not sure what to say.... I guess this is the time for me  to use I agree to disagree.  :ph34r: 

@asul_03  JTE is using the old ID card.  The missing one is the new ID.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

42 minutes ago, margerytka said:

- Luna will dedicate herself to saving the JTE (she has nothing to lose, she has three months to live with the cancer)
- SJ will save the young JG, earlier he had to meet/fight/ protect JTE - that is why he had her ID.

Why wont Luna join the dark side?

Who is JG?

42 minutes ago, margerytka said:

ps. The scale of corruption in both countries is staggering:
- in the kingdom, a manor employee can steal items that are guarded diligently
- in the republic an arrested prisoner is not properly protected

The evil side always has it easy? I mean how in the world did they manage to get that arrested girl to go to whatever dark room to meet the evil follower? Why is always tough for the good side?

JTE still hasn't got the file on young Korean LG, she hasnt even tried to discuss the case with SJ and poor SJ must be like what the F***, my nightmare is real! I feel for him.

I was wondering why is the King shocked when he sees something on his laptop in episode 9's preview. And now the wait (with a conjecture-filled-week) begins.

Btw I cracked up when i read the post "in the drama named The King, they show so little of him": haha! I think it was @leeminhosny -- thanks.

Thanks to @madmad min for sharing the pics of the sibblings sittng in PM's mom's house. I am now going blind and cant keep up with the characters and their look alikes.

*edited

@mamabear and @andy78 : just my guess, based on everything I have read around this: not sure about sad ending but... JTE will be in danger and most probably in episode 9-11. Luna my guess is will help LR, check character description.
As to why I feel JTE will be in danger: their ship is too smooth sailing but too many other signs speak of doom. The main characters are too naive and innocent. They are courageous but not that big on strategy, just yet. Too many references: poem/the songs in the first few episodes/JTE not speaking out aloud her name. If you note she hasnt allowed anyone the permission to call her by her name (the King or people around him). Hyung nim almost never calls her by her name in an interaction with her.
Then her snooping around is like a one man army in a serial around corruption/crime. The main character snoops without too many precautions and then gets hurt or loses someone close to them and then they hit back. I feel she is investigating murders because that is her job but none of them hit home for her or for us as an audience. The King has to lose someone near and dear for him and us to emote/to feel and come back for revenge.

We are being lulled into a false sense of security with the cute scenes or normal life. It is like the volcano will erupt soon and there will be far too many casualties. I worry about the King!

** Edited some more

@bebebisous33: I was wondering about LR and him knowing about who/how LG was saved. Any theories about whether we will ever know or not?
Also, when I saw her pic with SJ in the darkroom, I thought she would be used against SJ by LR and thus JTE's connection to LG would be a surprise. But now he knows LG has a connection to JTE and SJ has a connection to JTE... thus wouldnt it be easy to kill and replace with someone who will anyway die? What if JTE is replaced will SJ or LG know? Would the writer dare?

I mean in this series I keep questioning how much will the writer/creator dare! Korean version of LG not dying would be a twist but can it be handled by the creator/director/audience? JTE replacing and not being caught... can lead to super dark connotations/plot twists but will they want to? Time will tell.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

From who going to be the next spy to kissing scenes of LG and JTE is very unpredictable as well. It’s always on my mind when those two going to kiss again in ep 7&8 but sadly it never happened then now that i saw the preview for next episode my question is, are they going to have light popo or deep popo? Waah. This drama is very unpredictable! Even the kissing scene is unpredictable. Hahahahahaha. :w00t:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

27 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Myeong Seungh-Ah is waiting for you in KOC and you fall for Na-ri N(...) Someone will end up swapping places.

It's gonna be a second interesting couple. (A bit like the Goblin)
Someone will swap their place (...interesting...) or the two worlds will merge (...intriguing...).

• Like 4

Finally, a better episode. I hope they would cut the romance and continue focusing on its appeal which is the parallel universe. I seriously think this drama would have been better without any romance in it.

• Like 4