[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Okay so i just completed watching ep 8..….Gosh LMH is marvelous...i just want to slap those mouths who say LMH cannot act....he is made for only romance...his eyes and voice said it all ... No words , really...

I will gladly join you in slapping them :lol:

Slap these wonderful scenes in their face :P. Versatility? Anything aside from being rich and falling in love? *slap* THERE, you have it! Let me watch you talk now :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@madmad min Have you decided to invest in this couple now? I’m with you, somehow I really love the type of love stories that give the “so close yet so far” kind of feels. The type where every hug and every kiss seems special and comes with deep meaning. You may or may not have seen Faith, but the imja couple gives me those feel-feels. They’re exactly the type of relationship that leaves my heart yearning for them. I think LeeEul has a similar setup. Yes, just like the way you described it: old school feels. These relationships are usually present in sageuks. And it seems we have a similar case here. LeeEul might just be one of those couples I grow to love so much that it hurts. Bring it on! That being said, don’t count on me to not ask for beyond the lips action :lol:. I can’t help it, my mind is always in the gutter.

Haha...I like the Old Feels but Still I more onto the story as whole. If I were to deeply concentrate on the romance I would not enjoy any other character graph or storyline as whole ( eg :SJ I feel bad because of the Arc, if solely invested in romance I would have not appreciated him as the character).

That is my issue mostly but.I would be much more heartbtoken if JY were to betray the King or die saving the KING rather than LeeEul seperation .<<Sorry mehides>>

Romance binds the storyline well. But again here the couple did not create the story. The story as whole needs the couple. You know like in LOST , when I first saw it I only wanted to see Juliet and Sawyer they were the OTP and hated that Kate and Jack were only shown,when I grew up and rewatched it I understood the intricate web every relationship had, made the Story more as whole very Oh no Man remembering worthy)

I knew a LOTBS or Lets say GOBLIN were more of the Couple Love story based interwind with Fate so I was all Lala on the Couples itself for most of the part.

Here its more LG's World being destroyed and him.being FORCED to grow up when it was his chance to be a kid who hated Beans and Spinach not someone yet to BEAR the Weight of the Crown(Funny Since Heirs KES initial plot seemed KimTan had to bear the weight ooo). He was robbed of a lot of things when he needed them the most. JTE's loss will just propel him like a Rocket to make LR pay for his Sins in that.

The Noodle just got more Crispier to make the Sauce Tastier in short. :D

• Like 9
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona. I am working in some important government related work and don't know when i caught it, despite all precautions.  Thankfully i came in contact wih very few people and none of them have caught it.

Chest pain, lack of breathing. I miss the drama and debates, but right now i am very sad with my situation. Will try to catchup drama today,  as i had access to netflix on my phone now. Please pray for me and all people. Please follow lockdown and don't take it lightly. 

Please get well soon... you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Think positive and be strong! :heart:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Sorry, I cut your post short. I love reading your what you have to say. We’re all in this together. Not a single one of us understands every part of the story. We all help each other out and believe me, we’ve watched this drama about 5 times to pick up on everything lol.

Thank you. I think you're to kind. And  I think you are so sweet. I believe you've made me so happy :heart:

It's okay if you cut my post short :D. Don't be sorry. So let me concentrate. I love reading your posts too. I think you put a lot of thought into what you have to say. And I think you are trying to help others understand the drama. So you said we're all helping each other, right? And you said a lot of don't understand the drama too, right? Well, I feel a lot better. :wub: See? I think you're so welcoming. Too kind and too sweet! :blush:

How do you know Lee Min Ho so well? Yes, he does give to charity. And he actually runs his own charity called Promiz where him and his fans come together for greater actions. He’s a very sweet, kindhearted and humble person. Don’t get to know him, you’ll fall in love. I’ve been around for 8 years and counting and I can’t seem to let go. 

Good question! I don't know. I think he looks like someone who is kind. I think he is talented. And he knows that so he gives back to others. And I noticed that he has kind, beautiful eyes. I'm glad he gives to charities through his charity Promiz. So you've been his fan for 8 years and counting? Wow. I think that's so amazing. I think you're dedicated. And I think it also says a lot about his character. I think it tells me he's such a good person. And you can't help but support him. I think he's worth it. So...you said you can't seem to let go. Well, don't let go! I think you should hang onto him because I think he's worth it. I think he's talented, handsome, and I think he has a kind heart. I think I'm repeating myself :D. And I'm now a fan of his! I am going to look at his other works. 

You’re not alone on Lee Rim. Everyone here thinks he’s handsome. Hate the character, love the actor :D 

I'm so happy! I want to watch his works too :D.

2 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Ugh! I don't know why I am even here? I am avoiding spoilers and I am seeing them everywhere:joy:

My watching time begins around 10-15 mins 

LOL! You're so cute. I think we're all asking ourselves that question. I think this beautiful drama has brought us all together, right? And I think we all want to share our ideas. I think we all love being on this journey with Lee Gon, Lee Rim, Jung Tae Eul, Jo Young, and the others. And I think actors have amazing chemistry and I think they are all talented and kind. I hope you enjoy watching the drama. And I hope you stay. I wish you post your thoughts. I am going to love reading them! 

@syntyche Thanks for always sharing articles and videos. I looked at the first pages of this thread for King Eternal Monarch. And I believe you've been very helpful. So is that video a spoiler! I can't look at it! :ph34r:

Edit: @Deepakmahajan Hi! I saw your post about your health. I hope you beat this! And I hope you feel better. I hope you share your thoughts with us! :heart:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Here are the things in this epi that left a huge impression on me:  In no particular order

1. When TE hugged LG by the river bank (with that ubiquitous bbq chicken!).  It was so natural and heartfelt.

2. The yo-yo boy looking at LG.  Heck I had goosebumps and for a while got creepy scared!

3. Phone call between LG & LR. 

4. When LG nonchalantly said no to PM and informed her that he has proposed to someone already GUFFAW!

5. After watching the exchange between LG & PM, ES exclaimed "WOW! This world is very aggressive!"

6. When LG screamed LEE-LIM!

@mychoiyoungYES! Loved this episode! I’d add their conversation and quick kisses. He made me feel his yearning when he asked her if she could come be with him in KofC. This is such a terrific performance by LMH! Also looking forward to seeing him fight!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

@madmad min I agree with the proper courtship. While I would like a passionate scene, I do also enjoy their hug scenes too and I think today's hug scene was really beautiful. Even though JTE is worry herself, she still take it upon herself to try to comfort LG, even after she had told him she doesn't know how to comfort him in the earlier scene. LG doesn't mind that and in that scene where they hugged, they're both trying to comfort each other despite both having issues and in the mist of some depressing news. It just makes it so much more meaningful than the scene with the 2 kisses they had. Ofc I do enjoy the pecks. It was a more lighthearted atmosphere. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

My thoughts/theories on episode 9:

- videos on JY's laptop. I think JY has no idea of it. Theory: LG from the future copied those videos to JY laptop at present time because he knows he himself will open that laptop. he copied it to give himself a clue that time travel is possible.

- Yoyo boy (creepy!) is leading LG to a bookstore too (on video) and leaving clues of time travel. Bookstore could be the portal of LR in Korea.

- the "brothers" SJ is talking about could be LG and JY because they're claiming they belong in the same world (brothers/same race)

- i love love love the sweetness of LG and JTE. It's so natural and in the moment. Esp the HUG when LG's eating chicken. It's so instinctive and sweet. I love JTE's cute jealousy. Let's reserve the passionate kisses for a more appropriate moment. The gentle kisses are enough for now.

- JY and ES are the best. The light of the show!

- Prince Buyeong is digging something. He's on to something. He is in danger in ep10.

- PM doesn't have sense in the story yet. She's an eye candy for sure and very fashionable. Still waiting for her character to unwrap.

- LMH and KGE's acting is sooo good! Esp LMH angry, tortured, but calm look. You can see hatred in his eyes. Chemistry is burning up too.

- what are your thoughts on LR's line?

SJ is "The wrong move i made."

JTE is "The move i didn't make."

Soo curious on this one. Was he supposed to switch JTE and Luna? He's been taking photos of SJ and JTE on earlier episodes.

• Like 16
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona.

@Deepakmahajan, take care of yourself; best wishes for a quick recovery. I hope you feel well enough to watch Ep 9!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Time loop said:

he had that intensity needed to romance better his costars in more untraditional way which is interesting in itself.. 

There was one particular scene in FAITH where Daejang had to wait Imja doing her shower. When Imja finally came out, this suddenly face to face in real close range happened. 

His gaze was really intense. Straight to her eyes. Definitely a gaze from a man to woman that he loved. Till now, I still feel that his gaze was real not just acting.

@Heretorantor @mychoiyoung or @vangsweetie637 maybe you remember this scene guys? 

For me, this is one of my fave scenes in FAITH.

I remember a scriptwriter (forgot the name) gave a comment about this scene. This SWriter said that LMH has a gaze that needed by every scrptwiter to succesfully execute their romantic lines. 

So, yeah, he is fit perfectly with romance scenes. 

But he also showed us many times that he is great at intense scenes like sad, frustration, despair, rage, etc. 

He has this wide range when it comes to acting.

Sorry if I talked too much about FAITH and LMH 

Let's move on the talk about a super wonderful episode that we have today.

• Like 6
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

Haha...I like the Old Feels but Still I more onto the story as whole. If I were to deeply concentrate on the romance I would not enjoy any other character graph or storyline as whole ( eg :SJ I feel bad because of the Arc, if solely invested in romance I would have not appreciated him as the character).

That is my issue mostly but.I would be much more heartbtoken if JY were to betray the King or die saving the KING rather than LeeEul seperation .<<Sorry mehides>>

Romance binds the storyline well. But again here the couple did not create the story. The story as whole needs the couple. You know like in LOST , when I first saw it I only wanted to see Juliet and Sawyer they were the OTP and hated that Kate and Jack were only shown,when I grew up and rewatched it I understood the intricate web every relationship had, made the Story more as whole very Oh no Man remembering worthy)

I knew a LOTBS or Lets say GOBLIN were more of the Couple Love story based interwind with Fate so I was all Lala on the Couples itself for most of the part.

Here its more LG's World being destroyed and him.being FORCED to grow up when it was his chance to be a kid who hated Beans and Spinach not someone yet to BEAR the Weight of the Crown(Funny Since Heirs KES initial plot seemed KimTan had to bear the weight ooo). He was robbed of a lot of things when he needed them the most. JTE's loss will just propel him like a Rocket to make LR pay for his Sins in that.

The Noodle just got more Crispier to make the Sauce Tastier in short. :D 

100 on everything you said. Every side story brings together the whole story. I’m at the point where I’m deeply invested in the story so I’m deeply invested in all characters and their individual stories. And to me, the fact that this isn’t just a romance drama makes it special. I love how it’s a blend of romance, fantasy, crime, and suspense. Episode 9 just proved to me balance is possible. I think writer Kim may have just found the perfect formula because now every moving parts make sense and I care about everyone! Simply put, I’m loving this drama. It’s my drug! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, msdot said:

YES! Loved this episode! I’d add their conversation and quick kisses. He made me feel his yearning when he asked her if she could come be with him in KofC. This is such a terrific performance by LMH! Also looking forward to seeing him fight!

Sorry I'm jumping on this post. Did you say "kisses"???? Oh my! I haven't seen Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul kiss! I wanted to share something about the yearning you talked about. I don't believe I saw them kiss. But I can see Lee Gon yearning for Jung Tae Eul, and I can see her yearning for him too. I think the look is in their eyes. I can't remember, but I think he said, "I'll be back." And she waited for him. But it took him a while. And I believe she hugged him when she saw him. Right?

Edit: I believe Lee Gon kissed Jung Tae Eul, but she was surprised! If they kissed again I think I'll faint. I think they have such good chemistry!

• Like 7

There is something that had been bugging me this whole time. ES's younger siblings. We know they're ES's younger siblings and said to be blood related to ES since he commented how his parents are still very close enough to produce 2 more younger kids, but we saw the same children in KOC. It's weird since in KOC, JY is the only child and his parents were divorced, so who are those children's parents in KOC? So far we've seen all the kids of KOC seem to have the same parents as the kids in ROK. We haven't confirmed who Luna's parents are or what they look like since she's an orphan, but everyone else seemed to have matching doppelganger and doppelganger family. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, msdot said:

DalpeongiPlease take care of yourself; best wishes for a quick recovery. I hope you feel well enough to watch Ep 9!

Er ... it’s not me ... oops! :grimace::) I am fine - TOUCH WOOD! Or Touch Magic Flûte Manpakjikseok (sorry, I think I probably spell this wrongly!) 

It’s @Deepakmahajan who isn’t well ... sigh ... this is off topic, and some of you may not agree ... but I really hope there will be a vaccine ... though it’s going to take at least a year plus for a safe one ... unfortunately, we don’t have a Magic Flute in the real world ...

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

17 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

@madmad min I agree with the proper courtship. While I would like a passionate scene, I do also enjoy their hug scenes too and I think today's hug scene was really beautiful. Even though JTE is worry herself, she still take it upon herself to try to comfort LG, even after she had told him she doesn't know how to comfort him in the earlier scene. LG doesn't mind that and in that scene where they hugged, they're both trying to comfort each other despite both having issues and in the mist of some depressing news. It just makes it so much more meaningful than the scene with the 2 kisses they had. Ofc I do enjoy the pecks. It was a more lighthearted atmosphere. 

I look at LeeEul and Feel like reading a Historical Romance Novel Courtship Barabara Cartland anyone? ( I rarely get this feel from any Modern Day Couple)

@vangsweetie637 Nope You are NOT lusty, had there been a lets say Different Storyline Couple , I would have said the same ( Why shy away from Skinship its soo Good), I get the feeling all the shippers have , it just doesnt fit the pallete for LeeEul per say in this story. (Not Wild yet for a bed scene), They are still finding a Way to Fight Fate and Worlds to Stay and See each other atleast which seems impossible as The very nature of Corea and Korea should not collide and yet here they are in Love (Old school Historic Feels). JTE felt so sad , even the plant's Seeds are not growing , neither in Korrea nor in the passage, it just heartbreaking for her in all senses.

@Heretorant I haven't seen Faith yet, plan to see once King finishes. I reserve LMH shows when I get bored of exploring other kdramas (most have the same old tangent), they are my Escape to drool over :ph34r:

@mychoiyoungmy understanding was that Hyung or Oppa could be denoted for someone other than a Brother as well in Korean Terms like a Senior who is close, I think the brother-sister interpretation is wrong here maybe for SJ-JTE

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Just now, koreaboooo said:

There is something that had been bugging me this whole time. ES's younger siblings. We know they're ES's younger siblings and said to be blood related to ES since he commented how his parents are still very close enough to produce 2 more younger kids, but we saw the same children in KOC. It's weird since in KOC, JY is the only child and his parents were divorced, so who are those children's parents in KOC? So far we've seen all the kids of KOC seem to have the same parents as the kids in ROK. We haven't confirmed who Luna's parents are or what they look like since she's an orphan, but everyone else seemed to have matching doppelganger and doppelganger family. 

Which children in KOC? If you mean the ones in PM Koo’s mother’s ship, they are not the same ones? Someone CMIIW please?

• Like 3

Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul are in her world. They are eating chicken. They like each other's company. They are falling in love:wub: I think this is so cute. I love their hands. I don't think they want to stop holding hands.

5pYW8eu.jpg

and Jun Tae Eul happy to see Lee Gon :blush:

RfqBWy7.png

6 minutes ago, Danielle Isabella said:

Did someone realise already in the Yo Yo boy scene, the music is the same as the God's music (the butterfly) in Goblin?

I don't know. I hope someone answers you! :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

- what are your thoughts on LR's line?

SJ is "The wrong move i made."

JTE is "The move i didn't make."

Soo curious on this one. Was he supposed to switch JTE and Luna? He's been taking photos of SJ and JTE on earlier episodes.

My interpretation:

“SJ is the wrong move I made” - he brought SJ over from Corea and now SJ is onto him. He made the wrong move. In a sense, he feels regretful. Had he not brought SJ over, SJ would not have become a cop and hence, he would not be on his tracks. 

“JTE is the move I didn’t make” - He should have made a move and killed her or he should have approached her to be on his side (he knows JTE is close to the king).

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2