[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just finished episode 9, my take on this:

- I really like how ruthless Lee Goon is to his enemies;

- the plot is finally coming together so its good, but its been 9 episodes... well I think this is common in KDramas (I noticed that in most shows, the "peak" of the show usually starts at around Episode 8-10);

- Lee Goon finally meets with Lee Rim but I kinda wished that it happened sooner than this;

- From episode 10 preview, I have a feeling that we are heading to goblin like ending for the main couple;

- I hope that they will unfold the time travel soon.

I'll probably do a rewatch of some episodes after episode 10 airs.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Is Lee Rim after JTE? 

He found out she was the king’s guest. I’m sure he has thoughts of using her to his advantage. Let me revise what I said in my earlier post, it just clicked now. He should have approached her sooner so he could have used her to trick the king. 

————————————————

@madmad min Do you live in a reverse world? :lol: It shouldn’t be that way. Faith should come before The King because then you can at least turn a blind eye to all its flaws lol. If you think The King lacks in any editing/directing/writing/pacing, you might not survive Faith lol. But let me tell you, Daejang is lmh’s best character and the imja couple has THE BEST relationship. You’ll love them to the point where it tugs your heart. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

Yoyo boy (creepy!) is leading LG to a bookstore too (on video) and leaving clues of time travel. Bookstore could be the portal of LR in Korea.

Soo curious on this one. Was he supposed to switch JTE and Luna? He's been taking photos of SJ and JTE on earlier episodes.

Holy C*** , is that Possible?It is isn't it?? #rerunstowatchclues

The Wrong Move as per me A. I dont think LR had the resources or ability to make Baby SJ forget KOC , he Was always the Loophole in LR's swapping plan because Adults acted out of Greed but Kids wouldn't have. He Underestimated the Kid and his memories like @bebebisous33 keeps on saying. LR in hindsight may have forgotten about what if scenario and Obviously never would have though SJ to grow up and get twined in a quest ti unravel his Godly Deeds. SJ of all the people would be a loophole to stop him was not what he Really thought over. He does know he made a wrong move But A FATAL one Nope he did not consider that.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Just now, Heretorant said:

He found out she was the king’s guest. I’m sure he has thoughts of using her to his advantage. Let me revise what I said in my earlier post, it just clicked now. He should have approached her sooner so he could have used her to trick the king. 

The interesting question is did Lee Rim know about Lee Gon's quest?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Which children in KOC? If you mean the ones in PM Koo’s mother’s ship, they are not the same ones? Someone CMIIW please?

Yea PM Koo is someone in KOC so the children her mother was taking care of are not the same children as ES's younger siblings since ES is someone from ROK. The children at her mom's place mentioned visiting the palace and they know the PM since the boy said she's the King's gf based on the news. This means they're citizens of KOR, not ROK. ES's siblings were the one who ES takes care of and his younger brother got scared of LR.

Edit: It seems I had been wrong they were same children. After some answers, I went back to check and it seems the pair of children were different altogether and not even doppelgangers to each other. But my new question would be does there exist the possibility that there are people without doppelgangers ever? ES's siblings may never have any doppelgangers since JY's parents are divorced.

Edited by koreaboooo
correction to detail
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

The interesting question is did Lee Rim know about Lee Gon's quest?

Quest? Or guest?

The answer to both is yes. 

Quest - he knew LG has been traveling back and forth because of the time stop.

Guest - the thief stole JTE’s ID and now it’s in LR’s hands. He knows the ID belongs to the king’s guest. Of course, he figured this out a little too late to take advantage of JTE so he’s living with the regret of not recruiting her sooner.

:D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

————————————————

@madmad min Do you live in a reverse world? :lol: It shouldn’t be that way. Faith should come before The King because then you can at least turn a blind eye to all its flaws lol. If you think The King lacks in any editing/directing/writing/pacing, you might not survive Faith lol. But let me tell you, Daejang is lmh’s best character and the imja couple has THE BEST relationship. You’ll love them to the point where it tugs your heart. 

I live in a Moody World not in the mood for historical dramas before I grasp the actual cultural aspect to understand, Yea I saw LMH work in reverse manner or lets say Netflix India available Manner. It was Lotbs--Heirs--Bof--Lotbs---Personal Taste---Lotbs---KING---Lotbs---CityHunter---Lotbs---Faith.(Viki was discovered way later and I am clearly obsessed with one show of His :D) King lacks nothing IMO , it just added too many scenes which I alas could not fast forward. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Can't wait for tomorrow. This episode was really really good. 

I wonder how's Lee Rim gonna escape from there because Lee Gon looked like he's gonna behead him right there. Let's see what Lee Rim has in his sleeve. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I live in a Moody World not in the mood for historical dramas before I grasp the actual cultural aspect to understand, Yea I saw LMH work in reverse manner or lets say Netflix India available Manner. It was Lotbs--Heirs--Bof--Lotbs---Personal Taste---Lotbs---KING---Lotbs---CityHunter---Lotbs---Faith.(Viki was discovered way later and I am clearly obsessed with one show of His :D) King lacks nothing IMO , it just added too many scenes which I alas could not fast forward. :D

To many LOTBS in there I see :joy: I also enjoyed LOTBS 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Hola..I have rewatched it more than the times I mentioned it. :phew::phew:

There are also some shows I rewatched many times. I rewatched LOTBS few times but A movie I watched record many times is called gettaca sci-fi movie. Sometimes it happens and specifically LOTBS is good for rewatch due to the concept of the tv-show

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

There is something that had been bugging me this whole time. ES's younger siblings. We know they're ES's younger siblings and said to be blood related to ES since he commented how his parents are still very close enough to produce 2 more younger kids, but we saw the same children in KOC. It's weird since in KOC, JY is the only child and his parents were divorced, so who are those children's parents in KOC? So far we've seen all the kids of KOC seem to have the same parents as the kids in ROK. We haven't confirmed who Luna's parents are or what they look like since she's an orphan, but everyone else seemed to have matching doppelganger and doppelganger family. 

I think somebody already posted that those are two different sets of kids.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

There are also some shows I rewatched many times. I rewatched LOTBS few times but A movie I watched record many times is called gettaca sci-fi movie. Sometimes it happens and specifically LOTBS is good for rewatch due to the concept of the tv-show

You don't wanna know what I rewatched record times of? It happened when I was younger obviously. 

Aladdin 1992 the original animated film:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, zee0123 said:

Pm Koo is really straight forward asking LG if she can marry him... Tsk3 sorry ghorl he already proposed to JTE.. :P

My favourite is ES's take: this world is agressive. Those were nice but ES killed it in that scene.

Two questions for anyone who wants to answer: 

- why does LG say that your earth is still flat to JTE during the opening sequence of episode 9? 

- how did LR return to Corea so close to the crime date to collect baby SJ? How come no one recognized him? Also, he discovered Korea pretty late (Korean countrrpart's body is found in Corea in 1995) so how was he able to swap SJ so quickly?

Though him making a mistake with SJ then makes sense as he was still planning.

@bebebisous33 @Heretorant @mychoiyoung your take?

@Jaja LG is without his sword so no beheading :D

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

I think somebody already posted that those are two different sets of kids.

I know they're different set of kids. I even answered someone else's post that they are different. It's their parents I'm pondering about. In KOC, those kids may not be JY's younger siblings cause JY said he's an only child and his parents are divorced. But thus far, most doppelgangers we've saw have same family members as their doppelganger. If these kids' doppelgangers are ES's younger siblings then why are they not JY's younger siblings? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

- how did LR return to Corea so close to the crime date to collect baby SJ? How come no one recognized him? Also, he discovered Korea pretty late (Korean countrrpart's body is found in Corea in 1995) so how was he able to swap SJ so quickly?

Not entirely too quick.  Young LG ascended to the throne 6 days after the death of his father and he had to mourn him for 26 days. So that's almost a month from the coup.  Nevertheless, your question how come no one recognized him is valid.

• Like 8