[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

8 hours ago, mamabear said:

Came across this tweet on twitter, I can't understand what is the fuss about. 

*“The King” Suffers Advisory Warning From the KCS for Commercialization of Sex Controversy

Why do people there try to pull this drama down? :bawling:

WOW!!! this.... this is really Fishy. So there is other drama that is taking over the country and way more scandalous and finally gotten rate for 19+ and didn't flagged while it's also discriminating young women as the typical "second women" in someones marriage? Why??? is it because The King is air in Public/Free TV? while if that's case KES need to get out of Public Tv from now on. I bet she won't work with SBS again. I don't get it. 

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

OOOOMMMMGGGG!! LEE GON’S FREAKING SEXY VOICE!!!!!!!!! 

I’m screaming! 

@HeretorantHe is soo good isn't he??? Today's episode is definitely Lee Gon's day and He slay just like always.

3 hours ago, Jaja said:

Lmao Eun seop stole the balloon? :lol:

@Jaja I saw that and i thought it's very appropriate for his character. It's an Eu sop thing to do.

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Omg the kiss but omg the boy totally freaked me out!!! Omg!!! 

This drama is so iejwidbdif GOOD!!

The kiss was just a peck! 

Good thing the episode is sooo good, therefore i can forget the "peck Kisses"

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I can’t with LG and JTE running to hug each other and JTE crying in his arms! My heart :bawling:

I love that scene from the preview. So much emotion. I can't take it. These two is going to break my heart.

2 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Sigh ... this even more chaste than his first kiss ... I wonder why they are not ‘allowed’ to kiss properly?? Also, where’s all the face holding etc that was written about in Soompi?? Did they cut off the actual kiss??

@Guyangi_Dalpeongi I know right? come on KES, let them loose in their kiss scene. Or maybe we should write the PD.

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

OMG, LEE GON’S THREAT OVER THE PHONE! 

“A sage is moved to defeat the evil of the mountains and streams. Wield it with deep thoughts and make things right. Do you remember my voice? I remember yours. You’ll need to do a better job hiding. I’ve just found out that you’re in the Republic of Korea.”

CHILLS! 

LMH delivers flawlessly! I’ve never found him sexier! 

Sorry guys, today I’m on full blown spazzing mood. 

I'm loving  all of his intense scene. We want more, we want more, we want more!! he always deliver.

1 hour ago, mamabear said:

Can somebody please enlighten me? In the scene where LG saw the boy in the video, it is dated May 27, 2022. He said JTE wasn't  wearing 'that' on that day. What is 'that'? Haha sorry I had to ask. 

On another note, then does this scene confirm one of our theories here about this timeline being a reset already? Or is it about time traveling to the future? 

Wahhh can't wait for tomorrow's episode. :(

This scene always make my head spinning.I'm curious to see how KES will explained this whole time travel to the future and past. Please make it believable and don't use "fate" solely to support the story 

10 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona. I am working in some important government related work and don't know when i caught it, despite all precautions.  Thankfully i came in contact wih very few people and none of them have caught it.

Chest pain, lack of breathing. I miss the drama and debates, but right now i am very sad with my situation. Will try to catchup drama today,  as i had access to netflix on my phone now. Please pray for me and all people. Please follow lockdown and don't take it lightly. 

@Deepakmahajan I have been wondering how have you been. Sorry to hear that. praying for quick and smooth recovery!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona. I am working in some important government related work and don't know when i caught it, despite all precautions.  Thankfully i came in contact wih very few people and none of them have caught it.

Chest pain, lack of breathing. I miss the drama and debates, but right now i am very sad with my situation. Will try to catchup drama today,  as i had access to netflix on my phone now. Please pray for me and all people. Please follow lockdown and don't take it lightly. 

@Deepakmahajan You are in our thoughts. Please take care of yourself and get well soon. :)

6 hours ago, Poppy517 said:

Does anyone know why LG's uncle has the ring (wrapped in a handkerchief episode 8) LR was wearing when he killed LG's father and tried to kill LG (you can see LR wearing it in episode 3)? Please forgive me If this has been addressed already. I may have missed it :grimace:

Haven't seen today's episode. Cannot wait!!!

LG's uncle did the autopsy on Lee Rim's (doppelganger) body 20+ years ago. He must have kept the ring.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Poppy517 said:

Does anyone know why LG's uncle has the ring (wrapped in a handkerchief episode 8) LR was wearing when he killed LG's father and tried to kill LG (you can see LR wearing it in episode 3)?

The Prince did the autopsy. LR put the ring on the doppelganger's body to complete the ruse that it was indeed him that died.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, mamabear said:

You are not alone my friend. That was one creepy scene. 

Can I just say that I agree from 1-5? :joy: 

Sharing this here coz it hits you right in the feels. 

I wonder if it is in KoC or RoK. That's one tight hug right there. 

Edited:

@Deepakmahajan, Get well soon! Fighting! 

It could be on both sides but if I have to make a guess I would say it's in KOC

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mamabear said:

Thank you for your warm welcome @Heretorant :lol: 

If I may just say, ES is the man! Next to LG of course. I laugh myself out whenever he is in the frame. WDW, you never cease to amaze me. You make serious scenes fun to watch. I love his scene with LG and PM the most. 

And LG burning the PM by nonchalantly saying NO to her? Hahaha. Epic. 

@Heilo that is one tight embrace right there. Even if it's just a teaser, you can still feel how much they've missed each other. Get married soon, you two. 

Am I the only one who Likes to Feel-Feel the Romance (You know older times, like even if there was No-kissing, Only Hugs and HAND-Holding WOuld ignite a lot of feels) , LeeEul has that feel...which most drama couples don't show?

1 hour ago, mamabear said:

Can somebody please enlighten me? In the scene where LG saw the boy in the video, it is dated May 27, 2022. He said JTE wasn't  wearing 'that' on that day. What is 'that'? Haha sorry I had to ask. 

On another note, then does this scene confirm one of our theories here about this timeline being a reset already? Or is it about time traveling to the future? 

Wahhh can't wait for tomorrow's episode. :(

It's a video clip from future , most probably from ROK (Since the Bookstore does not exist in KOC), Noe Yoyo-Fate Boy showed / gave LG a Pretty Big incentive to search/ realize more about the Powers of Flute and Sword to restore balance and also foreshadowing that this Time (Future or Past ) may be related to JTE.

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

I mean the same set of people said he was wooden in City Hunter & LOTBS! Go figure.

Aside from his eyes & voice, I noticed his angst/tension via his neck, esp his prominent adam apples. Sometimes even a slight movement of his lips or eyebrows says a lot.

SO GOOD! And this is just the start. Be still my heart!

Really I don't get that, I loved him in LOTBS, His acting was the one which pulled me in to the show (I never knew about JJH at that time), I even thought Woah the Guy can really act, besides looking handsome . Then again there are still the same set of people who call him Rustic/Wooden now as well. I digress!( I pulled through BOF because of HIM, Man I pat myself for that alone, so not my type)

Loved his scenes and Got scared at the Final Shout LEE RIM !! Kudos :D

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Don't worry.  We got this.  This is not a linear plot.  Different worlds and timelines are overlaid.  That's part of the genius.  We can do it!  :lol:  Hwaiting!

The entire Episode was Crispy as the Chicken they show in Every episode, the only confusion I had was when Sj came to Hotel Room(I though they would have played Hotties Fighting scene again), they cut to the Flash-back and came straight to him Calling LG lunatic.

And also Wait! SJ says to the gangster in the hotel/club while drinking that JTE considers him as her Brother (Say Whatt!!!), I though he had romantic feelings for her, or did Netflix translate it weirdly?Aishh...

1 hour ago, koreaboooo said:

I saw someone posted WDH is enlisting soon and I found that funny since ES just recently ended his enlistment.

Also the King must really pay attention to KGE. He remember what she wore that day? I find that more interesting than the fact JTE wore something different in the video. :D

OMG yes that scene! Thank you! I felt that scene had to be important since we don't get to see much of LG's flashback scenes. Also the king passing the sword down to his son makes the sword feel much more important. He didn't pass down the flute. We were also getting so many King Arthur hints. I can't wait to read your analysis on this.

@Joanna Alfson Yupp she does seem entitled. She is good at her job though but that doesn't mean LG has to like her back just cause she wants him. 

PM Koo AT LAST has some form of Useful scene (getting to investigate the whereabouts of Traitors Men from 25 years ago). She is all direct no nonsense , I like that.

WDH-WDH; WDH-LG are the Best combo here. Even Jo-Yeong misses Eun-SOP or atleast Feels bad, being The Guard to King is not easy. Even KING doesn't know half the things JY knows.Eun-SOP was about to lose it pulling an allnighter when LG-PM Koo were discussing country affairs. ANd I Love it when he was observing the two as if he is watching a intense Drama Movie :P

The point of Suspicion. LG said JY in worst case scenario would be the only one who could kill LR in ROK, means JY does know who LR is. (The only benefit of doubt I give him is that he expects LG to return and give him a picture as reference as he also thinks LR is now a 70 yr old Man not 55 anymore). 

Also I will rather have a Heartlfelt  Tight Hug than any Passionate Kiss/Bed Scene at this point. This couple is very Old school Feel Feels which is so Good. I mean I have seen LMH in skinships and hot kisses, Hugs were not that sincere in either of the shows I saw.Let them do a Proper Courtship . :)

Spoiler

@Deepakmahajan Get well soon :)

• Like 6
  • Love 6

32 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

So sorry to hear that my friend. Get well sooooon. 

God bless you and all your family

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Really enjoyed today's  episode..its beginning to get really intense.  LR is dangerous  because I believe he thinks he's  a god and invincible.    Looking  forward to the battle between them.... 

Did anyone notice that Lay Noh was sewing a note inside a garment?  I wonder if it's to catch the thief?

The date scenes  are sweet and natural. Really not expecting any steaming kisses to perhaps the end. 

YO YO  boy acting is good.  Like many he caught me off guard.  Now LG know time travel is also included in this scenario.  :D

• Like 14
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, syntyche said:

LG's uncle did the autopsy on Lee Rim's (doppelganger) body 20+ years ago. He must have kept the ring.

Do you think that LG's uncle is corrupt I don't mean LR but the one who did the autopsy?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Here are the things in this epi that left a huge impression on me:  In no particular order

1. When TE hugged LG by the river bank (with that ubiquitous bbq chicken!).  It was so natural and heartfelt.

2. The yo-yo boy looking at LG.  Heck I had goosebumps and for a while got creepy scared!

3. Phone call between LG & LR. 

4. When LG nonchalantly said no to PM and informed her that he has proposed to someone already GUFFAW!

5. After watching the exchange between LG & PM, ES exclaimed "WOW! This world is very aggressive!"

6. When LG screamed LEE-LIM!

Yeah. That hug was cute and felt geninue. It was nice touch

• Like 9

Now I have to go back to what I mentioned before about JY and why the producers said that LG will be disappointed with him…

JY had all these information on his laptop. Why hide them from LG?

I cannot believe that he did not know LR’s face. In another forum, the reply I got was that JY may be too young to remember the face of LR that’s why he may have missed the picture of LR in the race track.

But he is the King’s premiere guard. He grew up in the Palace. He knows the royal family. So I find that reasoning unacceptable.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

25 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Am I the only one who Likes to Feel-Feel the Romance (You know older times, like even if there was No-kissing, Only Hugs and HAND-Holding WOuld ignite a lot of feels) , LeeEul has that feel...which most drama couples don't show?

Count me in my friend. 

:glasses:

And that is one of the reasons why I love Faith so much. Feel-feel the romance? I like that hehe

Daejang-imja definitely a couple like that. And I love them. Just like @Heretorant, I still see Daejang as my fave character and them as the best couple.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I called it yesterday and the day before and the day before that day, today’s episode is nothing short of EPIC! 

Here I was, thinking I was just watching a complicated puzzle piecing together. What I didn’t realize was each character was going to somehow creep into my heart. After today, I want nothing more than a happy ending for everyone. Today’s episode hits me right in the feels! 

LeeEul have suddenly grown on me so deeply, I don’t think I’m willing to trade them for MinEun anymore. Can I have both?

@madmad min Have you decided to invest in this couple now? I’m with you, somehow I really love the type of love stories that give the “so close yet so far” kind of feels. The type where every hug and every kiss seems special and comes with deep meaning. You may or may not have seen Faith, but the imja couple gives me those feel-feels. They’re exactly the type of relationship that leaves my heart yearning for them. I think LeeEul has a similar setup. Yes, just like the way you described it: old school feels. These relationships are usually present in sageuks. And it seems we have a similar case here. LeeEul might just be one of those couples I grow to love so much that it hurts. Bring it on! That being said, don’t count on me to not ask for beyond the lips action :lol:. I can’t help it, my mind is always in the gutter.

I have too much to say about this episode. I’ll let you all do the writing for now. I still need a moment to let it all sink in. It’s too good! I’m going to leave off with, there’s no such thing as too much mysteries! I love this drama because while one mystery gets resolved, another one is introduced. It keeps me on the edge. And I must say, consider my mind blown each time. I have faith they’ll be able to wrap it up and find a beautiful solution by episode 16. 

p.s. Great job everyone, we’ve always been suspicious of that little boy! 

*edit* @yuiy78 yes, the imja couple is the perfect example of the feel-feel romance! Until this day, I can’t get over their love. It still hurts me thinking of them! 

• Like 8
  • Love 7

27 minutes ago, madmad min said:

And also Wait! SJ says to the gangster in the hotel/club while drinking that JTE considers him as her Brother (Say Whatt!!!), I though he had romantic feelings for her, or did Netflix translate it weirdly?Aishh...

Yes, TE calls him brother.  LG even asked TE about that cos he knows TE is an only child. So he intrigued why she refers to SJ as brother.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Now I have to go back to what I mentioned before about JY and why the producers said that LG will be disappointed with him…

JY had all these information on his laptop. Why hide them from LG?

I cannot believe that he did not know LR’s face. In another forum, the reply I got was that JY may be too young to remember the face of LR that’s why he may have missed the picture of LR in the race track.

But he is the King’s premiere guard. He grew up in the Palace. He knows the royal family. So I find that reasoning unacceptable.

i am hoping that all this is not trying to imply he is evil. He is so loyal to LG that it would break my heart to realize he is just another pawn to LR (like if he was actually working for LR). 

NO!! I must believe in our YJ! He must have his reasons! Like what if he is pulling the “I don’t want to see the King hurt and worried so I will carry the burdens I am aware of on my own.”

kind of like noble idiocy in a way. 

:sweatingbullets:

@madmad min I know I may sound like a perv most of the times because I am one of the guilty ones who ask for a deeper kiss :joy: but i am also one who likes a love story shown through simple gestures and sweet words, the old school feels that make me love them even more (as in Faith and Hotel Del Luna, to name a few of my faves) :D am i just being greedy? LOL!

Edit: 

@Time loop in regards to the power of the boy, we still don’t know for sure yet. But speculation is that he may actually be the one who controlling the time or the fate of these individuals. 

@Heretorant @mychoiyoung do i hear Imja?? :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3